Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
*pokes guild with a stick* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  magicgold
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:46 am
It is if the hologram girl is.

Not much difference between it, and watching a movie...
It's all pixelated virtual images.
One's just a picture from a camera, and the others a picture from a computer.
Most movies these days have so much CGI done, that I wouldn't be surprized if all the actors were virtually editod too.

That means that your choice is either...
1: a digitally altered camera image
or
2: a digitally created computer image

Not enough of a diff to warrant treating them any differently IMO.

Besides, a real person is "what you see is what you get"
but a virtual person can be anything and is only limited by a persons imagination.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 pm
Okay, I'll concede on the "digitally altered" point. But a movie is still a picture of a real person, no matter how altered. If you paid to see that person on stage in a live performance, it would actually be them, regardless of whether they looked worse than their onscreen counterpart or not. With a hologram, there is no "real them" to see. You're still just paying for a demonstration of technology.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:16 pm
True, but it would be "demonstrating" an image of a hot girl.

*drools*
^.^

Every bit as enticing as all the hentai online.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 pm
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why men are widely considered brain-dead. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:28 am
Hey, there are women that like pron too, just not as many.

Besides, pron was invented because there aren't enough hot women that are willing to have sex.

People always find replacements for something that they aren't given.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:08 pm
No, pr0n (you're misspelling it without the "0") was invented because men want to see naked women and have sex ALL THE FREAKING TIME, something even they couldn't possibly manage.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 am
Purple: "something even they couldn't possibly manage"

LOL, yeah ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:59 am
xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx
Hey, there are women that like pron too, just not as many.

Besides, pron was invented because there aren't enough hot women that are willing to have sex.

People always find replacements for something that they aren't given.

Then use your imagination. That should be the ultimate replacement. lol  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:40 pm
Unfortunately my imagination can only come up with so much.

I require visual aids.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:13 pm
*pokes this guild*  

Sweetkitty

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 pm
Yeah, every now and then... the guild needs help waking up... ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:34 am
I agree with purple on this one, its just a light show, nothing more.

She aint real, so that means it sounds exactly the same except you also get the weezing of the fat fanboys about to have a heartattack from too much excitement.

In short its a rip off. Get a cardboard cutout of her if you want her at the same height as you.  

Tybarious

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 pm
And cardboard cutouts don't disappear when you shut off the electricity. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:00 pm
Tybar: I still say she's major hot.
And SOME OF US (I'm talking to you too purple) have the ability to suspent our disbelief long enough to enjoy the thought of a girl that's more perfect then reality could ever create in a million years. (technically even a movie theater is just a light show, as is everything on a moniter or TV - I see no reason to treat it differently when we can create such realistic CGI )

And those concerts are only held in japan. Japan has no where NEAR the amount of overweight problem as the U.S. does. (besides, the people in those videos were jumping around like crazy, fat people can't do that, for long at least) I can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure that the U.S. is THE fatest and laziest country in the world. (the people that is)

A cardboard cut-out can't move >_>
You have to at least put a little technology into it, if you want to have even the slightest bit of worthwhile replacement.

Purple: But they can't move either (see comment above)

I just can't understand how you people don't have an imagination strong enough to enjoy something like this. We're at the cutting edge of technological advancement. Able to create robots, A.I. programs and even clone flesh. (just need to be a little bit better) We're just a few steps away from having THE perfect companions for life. (IE: something that's attractive to look at AND can hold all your digital data) [for example: persocoms and EDS units - reference chobits and megatokyo]
Finally, we'll have something for the people that are tired of settling for the second best that is the only option that "your prefered" reality is capable of making.
No one will have to put up with other people that would rather change them into something THEY aren't, then accept them for who they are.

(fictional advertisement from the future: Can't find that special someone? Tired of being alone? Just go to the "Digital Companion Shop" ... where you can find anything you want, or need. Because we have ALL the most attractive and useful models. Happiness is just one purchase away. Have a problem? Just upgrade the hardware and software. Tired of the same old view? Get a cover change and make it look ANY way you want. )

Just think. All the "entertainment" you could want, and non of the "imperfections" of the real world. In the future, everyone will have one. And EVERYONE will be able to live in their own "perfect world" (it would definitely solve that over-population problem, wouldn't it) ^.^

(I make it easy to tell how much I hate this world, and everything REAL, don't I? )
If I could, I'd go live in japan. At least they embrace their technological advancements. (unlike the rest of the world) AND they're more advanced too ^.^  

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm
A movie has plot and a story to tell. You don't just go to the movies to see the people. So you really can't keep using that as an example. As for fat people jumping around, you need to watch the people who play DDR. They're amazing.

As for imagination, you're being contradictory. First you say that you need help to imagine, "visual aids." Then you criticize us for not being able to enjoy your fantasy. Maybe some people actually prefer reality. And maybe some people are not impressed by a computer doing something that humans have been doing ten times better for millennia.

Your "perfect companion" theory only works if you don't mind your only friend in the world being fake. You're still alone when your companion is made up of circuits and plastic. Just like you're alone in your room right now with your non-human-shaped computer. Star Trek (or that anime you're referencing) is just another fantasy. We may never get there. And frankly, I'm glad because I can see where we would end up, and it's not pretty.

Anyway, it would NOT solve the overpopulation problem because a lot of people have kids because they think they're supposed to.

Japan is no longer more advanced; they just make weirder stuff. And this world is only what you make of it. So if you hate it, that's your fault.

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff