Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
internet in 3 panels furries vs trolls Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:28 am
Aakosir
LordStripeyTail
The Music Of The Shadows
This is how I see it
Trolls are idiots that need to die who ******** cares that us furrys are "different" trolls are stereotypical asses that have no life, so if they say "yiff in hell" then they need to yiff in hell to gahh i can't type at all today >.<

Even this is proof of the "furry view" in the comic..

You guys need to stop seeing the "Trolls" as jackass oppressors who hate everything that furries do. You need to stop acting like we furries are so innocent victims. Realize it, guys. We ARE quite strange.

The only way to handle things is to shrug your shoulders and not give two shits about what people think. End of story.

But you know, there are a lot of "normal" people who are in to some disgusting crap... Scat, *****, necrophelia, beastiality, et cetera. And these are people who walk amongst others without a fursuit or even tail. These people are considered "normal" and "acceptable" because they look the same. It's pretty sad that people who look different, who want to be different, are the ones criticized because of stereotypes. If you ask me, the stereotypes for non-furs would be phychotic, pill-popping, drug abusing, homocidal, cookie cutters. Point is, you just can't group such a large group together and think they are all alike.

I think the general hatred comes from us (Furries, some of them anyway) parading it around like a banner.
Some people hate BDSM and leather because some people around them wear leather or show of BDSM in a negative way and so they get that negative connotation.
A lot of it is just bad experiences.

Even I get ******** pissed off when I see a group of kids wearing tails and howling in the mall.
I'm just like "wtf... Learn some manners, assholes. Not everyone wants to see or hear that."
I wear a tail, but I'm not annoying with it (i.e. howling or messing around).
I wear a collar, but I don't slut around (the general misconception of BDSM or kink).
Not everyone exercises discretion, Furry or otherwise, and that's where the bad thoughts start and spread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:33 am
DarkWolfLove
Aakosir
LordStripeyTail
The Music Of The Shadows
This is how I see it
Trolls are idiots that need to die who ******** cares that us furrys are "different" trolls are stereotypical asses that have no life, so if they say "yiff in hell" then they need to yiff in hell to gahh i can't type at all today >.<

You guys need to stop seeing the "Trolls" as jackass oppressors who hate everything that furries do. You need to stop acting like we furries are so innocent victims. Realize it, guys. We ARE quite strange.

The only way to handle things is to shrug your shoulders and not give two shits about what people think. End of story.

But you know, there are a lot of "normal" people who are in to some disgusting crap... Scat, *****, necrophelia, beastiality, et cetera. And these are people who walk amongst others without a fursuit or even tail. These people are considered "normal" and "acceptable" because they look the same. It's pretty sad that people who look different, who want to be different, are the ones criticized because of stereotypes. If you ask me, the stereotypes for non-furs would be phychotic, pill-popping, drug abusing, homocidal, cookie cutters. Point is, you just can't group such a large group together and think they are all alike.

I think the general hatred comes from us (Furries, some of them anyway) parading it around like a banner.
Some people hate BDSM and leather because some people around them wear leather or show of BDSM in a negative way and so they get that negative connotation.

Even I get ******** pissed off when I see a group of kids wearing tails and howling in the mall.
I'm just like "wtf... Learn some manners, assholes. Not everyone wants to see or hear that."
I wear a collar, but I don't slut around (the general misconception of BDSM or kink).
Not everyone exercises discretion, Furry or otherwise, and that's where the bad thoughts start and spread.

That is true. I never thought about that. But I've never encountered people like that. People got in trouble in the mall for skatboarding, usually.
I wear my tails mostly around the house now. I used to wear them almost everyday... Until people kept pulling on them in school. That really pissed me off. It's not like I was hitting anyone with them.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:37 am
Aakosir
DarkWolfLove
Aakosir
LordStripeyTail
The Music Of The Shadows
This is how I see it

That is true. I never thought about that. But I've never encountered people like that. People got in trouble in the mall for skatboarding, usually.
I wear my tails mostly around the house now. I used to wear them almost everyday... Until people kept pulling on them in school. That really pissed me off. It's not like I was hitting anyone with them.

I wore mine to school (special occasion/day in school) and people meowed at me.
Got pissed off, but didn't do anything other than scowl.
Just didn't like that they couldn't tell the difference between a canine tail and a feline tail.
:/

But there are those (who annoy me too) who claim that the "discrimination" against Furries is like the discrimination against Gays or blacks.
I can see in the fact that it's misunderstood and many of the people who hate us are ignorant, but I call bullshit against the whole "Furry discrimination" thing.
I would not say I suffered like an African American in the 60s, or like a homosexual of today or 10 years ago.
Again, just annoying people doing annoying things who end up giving the rest of us a bad rap.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:44 am
DarkWolfLove
Aakosir
DarkWolfLove
Aakosir
LordStripeyTail
The Music Of The Shadows
This is how I see it

Just didn't like that they couldn't tell the difference between a canine tail and a feline tail.

But there are those (who annoy me too) who claim that the "discrimination" against Furries is like the discrimination against Gays or blacks.
I can see in the fact that it's misunderstood and many of the people who hate us are ignorant, but I call bullshit against the whole "Furry discrimination" thing.
I would not say I suffered like an African American in the 60s, or like a homosexual of today or 10 years ago.
Again, just annoying people doing annoying things who end up giving the rest of us a bad rap.

I got mad cause they actually tore mine...

And how do people think it's descrimination? You don't see "No Furries Allowed" like in the 50s... You don't get fired for being a furry... Most schools don't mind iff you wear a tail... Furries can marry in any state, unlike gays... I don't get that either.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:51 am
Aakosir
DarkWolfLove
Aakosir
DarkWolfLove
Aakosir

I got mad cause they actually tore mine...

And how do people think it's descrimination? You don't see "No Furries Allowed" like in the 50s... You don't get fired for being a furry... Most schools don't mind iff you wear a tail... Furries can marry in any state, unlike gays... I don't get that either.

Bullying, apparently.
A lot of people in this Guild complain about RL bullying because they are a Furry.
Not to mention, internet bullying and trolling.
The term "Furfag" really puts people on edge.
I'm a regular of 4chan, so it doens't even phase me, but a lot of people get upset about it.

I dunno, I think it's just making a mountain out of a molehill that some Furries do.
Again, the whole drama thing.
Some like to play the victim so they aren't disliked.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 am
DarkWolfLove
Bullying, apparently.
A lot of people in this Guild complain about RL bullying because they are a Furry.
I'm a regular of 4chan, so it doens't even phase me, but a lot of people get upset about it.

I dunno, I think it's just making a mountain out of a molehill that some Furries do.

I got bullied before people even knew I was a furry O.o Bullying is a part of life. It sucks, but you gotta get over it... Helll, my brothers bullied me!

I very much dislike people who play the victim for attention... And I get pissed when people I know pity them for their fake act...

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:58 am
Aakosir
DarkWolfLove
Bullying, apparently.

I got bullied before people even knew I was a furry O.o Bullying is a part of life. It sucks, but you gotta get over it... Helll, my brothers bullied me!

I very much dislike people who play the victim for attention... And I get pissed when people I know pity them for their fake act...

I was bullied until middle school (when I left the elementary school I was bullied in).
No one knew me from previous schooling, so I was fine.
Then I was just ignored by everyone outside of my three friends.
XD

Now I just realized I need to not give a s**t.
I know bullying can be a problem (when it gets physical), but if it's just words, people hafta learn to get over that s**t.
It's not hurting you.
Toughen up.
That's what I did.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 am
DarkWolfLove
Aakosir
DarkWolfLove
Bullying, apparently.

I was bullied until middle school (when I left the elementary school I was bullied in).
XD

I know bullying can be a problem (when it gets physical), but if it's just words, people hafta learn to get over that s**t.
It's not hurting you.
Toughen up.
That's what I did.

In certain cases it can be very hard though. Like when all of your "friends" abandon you and the school can't stop it... It really got out of control to the point that they were calling me and leaving voicemails. I had no one to go to. So the cops eventually got it stopped... It was pathetic really. All because I broke up with someone. O.o Makes me really wonder what those people are going to amount to in their lives. Which is nothing, from what I have heard. So, untimately, I came out the victor. *fist pumps*  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:10 am
Aakosir
DarkWolfLove
Aakosir
DarkWolfLove
Bullying, apparently.

XD

It's not hurting you.
Toughen up.
That's what I did.

In certain cases it can be very hard though. Like when all of your "friends" abandon you and the school can't stop it... It really got out of control to the point that they were calling me and leaving voicemails. I had no one to go to. So the cops eventually got it stopped... It was pathetic really. All because I broke up with someone. O.o Makes me really wonder what those people are going to amount to in their lives. Which is nothing, from what I have heard. So, untimately, I came out the victor. *fist pumps*

I've never had something like that, but that goes from bullying to just plain harassment I think.
There is a fine line between the two (some might consider them the same), but that's what it sounded like to me.

~Fist pumps with you~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:24 am
[♫=♥]

This thread still goin'? Too lazy to search for my last post but anyways, my friends are still stuck with me even though they found out I'm a furry.

One dude (online acquaintance, but I see him often in Chatterbox forum) said to me that he hates furries, but I'm an exception. lol

Protip: If you're a funny person, then you will have no problem with bullies or trolls. wink

Jiti

Tiny Animal

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 am
Jiti
[♫=♥]

This thread still goin'? Too lazy to search for my last post but anyways, my friends are still stuck with me even though they found out I'm a furry.

One dude (online acquaintance, but I see him often in Chatterbox forum) said to me that he hates furries, but I'm an exception. lol

Protip: If you're a funny person, then you will have no problem with bullies or trolls. wink

I've turned several Furry haters Furry.
My own Mate hated Furries before I "showed him the light".
X3
Now he's got his own Fursona and everything.
X"D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:43 am
DarkWolfLove
Jiti
[♫=♥]

X3
X"D
[♫=♥]

lol life is just grand if people were to at least be a little open minded. ;o
I used to be a little less furry, then I decided, what the hell why not be one.
Then comes the trolls. cool

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:51 pm
DarkWolfLove
I've never had something like that, but that goes from bullying to just plain harassment I think.
There is a fine line between the two (some might consider them the same), but that's what it sounded like to me.

~Fist pumps with you~

The cops considered it harassment so win for me. And like I said, what type of ppeople do that kind of thing for something so freakin little? How many people get dumped daily for crying out loud. But I learned a damn good lesson from that.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:54 pm
DarkWolfLove
Jiti
[♫=♥]

X3
X"D

Win! XD If only others could be swayed so easily. Or just shut up easily.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

dark lady sophia

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:44 am
i may be a furry but /b/ is awesome lol ^_^  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items