Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:02 am
Starshine
Twice II

The time paradoxes I can tolerate, but the touching! The touching angers and displeases me!
Where are my reapers? If there is to be touching I demand there also be reapers, come to correct the wrongs of temporal continuity and possibly eat a companion.

The time paradoxes could have been given some paltry post-hoc explanation about how the Master's cannibalizing of the Tardis was still somehow affective, but the touching is just wrong.

It's just wrong, and no amount of air sharks can make up for it!

Other than that, I liked it. I kinda got my hopes up at the beginning because it seemed like for a moment Smith had somehow managed to take on a bit of Tennant's Doctor's personality and maybe smashed it up a bit with Moffat's new Sherlock, but then he went back to be the very disappointing Eleventh Doctor I've come to dislike and feel consistently let down by.

The Christmas Invasion continues to be my favourite, but this was still good despite its egregious continuity errors.

This. Rose touched her younger self in Father's Day episode and it was all doomsday. But this guy just goes and touches his younger self and its all fine and dandy. Where are those reapers? Too scared of the flying fish???

It only becomes doomsday when you change something in your timeline.
Rose saved her father, therefor, a disruption in the timeline.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:23 am
Does nobody remember that?
gonk

From what I gather, the timeline can continue to be stable as long as you don't change any major event that occurs during that specific time.
Yes, the Doctor screwed around with time, but that happens. It happened in Waters on mars, and that was one of the worst for it.

I'm surprised the Reapers didn't show up for that.
The reapers showed up in the one about Rose's father because she saved his life. I think it more or less attracts a reaper when something like "touching your younger self" happens, but something major really has to get them to appear.

I'm a bit let down that they didn't keep up with this, but the continuity of the show has never been fantastic, and for the most part they tend to chalk it up to "Timey-Whimey stuff."

I suppose there's not much to do about it though.
Moffat for the general part seems to disregard anything that has happened previously in Doctor Who.

Like, for instance, in "The Lodger" they make out as though the Doctor knows nothing about earth customs or tools.
...Did they forget that he frequents earth, has earth companions and should therefor know all these things?

:/

I think what I liked about this episode was the fact that Dumbledore was in it, it made me happy< 3
And, Mind, I was a bit enamoured with the younger Kazran, he was just so cuuute!  

Naterbee

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers