Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Acceptance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:13 pm
authentic cajun atheist
there is a mechanism or just a natural feeling of hate in the brain to those who steer away from "The norm". some people don't have that problem and less and less people will hate it when it gets more accepted in due time.but I find nothing wrong with transexuality, whatever floats your boat ya know?

People fear what they don't understand. It's true.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:29 pm
Foxifyre
Lusty101

I agree with both of them and i know about divorce my parents divorced when I was five. Just give it time maybe she will understand and maybe she wont. Just understand that we are people and we unfortunately cannot fix one anothers problems however we can be there and work with and around the challenges we face ^^

and I know it hurts to talk about these things but sometimes that's just enough to take some of the pressure off to just get it out there ^^

The question is what would you do if you did change over would you stay with your wife or what? Just a thought ^^ Don't play her reactions into this just what would your plan be after you got a change? If things could go exactly the way you would like them to.

Good question and very fair. If I end up changing over... I would stay with her. Probably try and go out of state to get married if our marriage license was nullified by the procedure... which I have no idea about actually. Ideally I would want to be with her just like any other lesbian couple is.

I admit I am interested in men... I have been for a long time. I used to consider myself as Bi because of it. However, I love her and I'd be just as happy to stay with her if she would have me. I am quite happy with her despite this issue. We both sacrificed a lot to be together... in fact her family just about disowned her when we got married.

Ends up my mom finally did some research on it last night because I had a total melt down... I don't even remember what happened last night. My mom told me today that she wants me to go and do the tests to find out if I really am a TS. There are a few tests... blood work and brain scans and stuff like that. From what I heard her say... she might accept it more if it weren't just hypothetical. Perhaps some objective evidence she can be dissuaded of her current feelings. Not to mention my wife might change her mind with that too... on the other hand... The tests could prove otherwise. If that ends up being the case then at least I'll know more about myself. I'll figure it all out at that point.

this sounds like very good news to me. smile it's not perfect, of course, but... it's a happy event. these people in your life are realy trying to reach out and accept you, despite all their personal feelings against it. :hugs you.:

here's hoping you get some answers that make you happy.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:11 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Foxifyre
Lusty101

I agree with both of them and i know about divorce my parents divorced when I was five. Just give it time maybe she will understand and maybe she wont. Just understand that we are people and we unfortunately cannot fix one anothers problems however we can be there and work with and around the challenges we face ^^

and I know it hurts to talk about these things but sometimes that's just enough to take some of the pressure off to just get it out there ^^

The question is what would you do if you did change over would you stay with your wife or what? Just a thought ^^ Don't play her reactions into this just what would your plan be after you got a change? If things could go exactly the way you would like them to.

Good question and very fair. If I end up changing over... I would stay with her. Probably try and go out of state to get married if our marriage license was nullified by the procedure... which I have no idea about actually. Ideally I would want to be with her just like any other lesbian couple is.

I admit I am interested in men... I have been for a long time. I used to consider myself as Bi because of it. However, I love her and I'd be just as happy to stay with her if she would have me. I am quite happy with her despite this issue. We both sacrificed a lot to be together... in fact her family just about disowned her when we got married.

Ends up my mom finally did some research on it last night because I had a total melt down... I don't even remember what happened last night. My mom told me today that she wants me to go and do the tests to find out if I really am a TS. There are a few tests... blood work and brain scans and stuff like that. From what I heard her say... she might accept it more if it weren't just hypothetical. Perhaps some objective evidence she can be dissuaded of her current feelings. Not to mention my wife might change her mind with that too... on the other hand... The tests could prove otherwise. If that ends up being the case then at least I'll know more about myself. I'll figure it all out at that point.

this sounds like very good news to me. smile it's not perfect, of course, but... it's a happy event. these people in your life are realy trying to reach out and accept you, despite all their personal feelings against it. :hugs you.:

Thanks! It is good news... I was a bit surprised actually when my mom came into my room in the morning and told me about it. Mixed signals much? lol...

I sure hope I get some answers... even ones that won't make me happy would be better than the subjective view points that are being used.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:16 pm
Foxifyre
Chieftain Twilight
Foxifyre
Lusty101

Thanks! It is good news... I was a bit surprised actually when my mom came into my room in the morning and told me about it. Mixed signals much? lol...

I sure hope I get some answers... even ones that won't make me happy would be better than the subjective view points that are being used.

maybe I made a swift judgement about her... sweatdrop I dunno.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:23 pm
Maybe... but there is more to here than I've said... I would need to start another thread entirely to tell you about what she had to go through just to be with me. Lets just say it's ugly and now the only family that she has left is her in-laws.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:28 pm
oh my.... sad  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:47 pm
Well that is good news it means shes out of denial ^^ good sign! its a start anyway and shes looking this stuff up which is another positive.

I am glad that no matter what you want to stay with your wife and i'm sad that her family disowned her but it does happen some people are too prideful to accept something even if they don't like it. Don't feel bad currently I am not speaking to my father mainly to relieve the stress of worrying he and my husband may end up in a fight.

But at least u can get tested and get some real answers ^^ so that's good I'm happy for you!

My thoughts are with you  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:48 pm
Chieftain Twilight
oh my.... sad

yeah... that about sums it up lol!  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:54 pm
Lusty101
Well that is good news it means shes out of denial ^^ good sign! its a start anyway and shes looking this stuff up which is another positive.

I am glad that no matter what you want to stay with your wife and i'm sad that her family disowned her but it does happen some people are too prideful to accept something even if they don't like it. Don't feel bad currently I am not speaking to my father mainly to relieve the stress of worrying he and my husband may end up in a fight.

But at least u can get tested and get some real answers ^^ so that's good I'm happy for you!

My thoughts are with you

Thanks! And I don't know about her family not accepting me... I never told them about my TS self. (her dad is a baptist pastor) They don't LIKE me because we had sex outside of marriage... my bad really but it doesn't change it. He threatened to shoot me and now her family wants us to "mend" the relationship... but really they just want us to apologize to them and not accept that they hurt us at all. Her dad even denies that he threatened me... says I begged him to kill me. Lol?

IF you or anyone else wants to read more about it... Here's a link to our story. It is censored to protect identities. This story is still IP but it is whole enough to share. It's called "The Saint and the Sinner".  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:47 am
I guess I'll offer my two cents of advice.

A personality doesn't change with what you look like, if your arm gets removed one way or another you are the same person you wre before just abit more dominant handed >.>'
What you look like and a choice to change that is a choice you alone make. If people go out of their way to give you crap about it, are they people you want to listen too? I talk to alot of people and I think one of the worst things to do in life by now, is to perposfully leave regrets. Wishing you had done something, and didnt. I dont know if it offers any help, but perhaps the people that support your decision are ones you wish to see more often, and the ones you care about that are being uhm..blonde moment typing whats a word.. Annoying sweatdrop well sit down with em chat it out, let them ease into the idea, or completely shut it down. *shrug* I hate not having comp access to not be around more often x.x  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:04 pm
Sorry for the excessive length lots to say about ur story not about u though about her family. Bible verses are in green So u don't get confused lol.

^^ Well I know about being treated badly. But you guys are being treated unfairly. And I know about the whole "You need to apologize to us because you were in the wrong. My hubby's parents are that way through and through... it bites.

At least your wife is somewhat understanding. It's hard to struggle with your identity and have everyone else shoot you down for how you feel.

I feel that this part of his letter really infuriates me... "I REFUSE TO PAY FOR YOUR SIN OR FOR THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO SIN."

He payed for his daughter to be born we are born into sin. No matter what you try to do you are always a sinner. He is a sinner as much as everyone else... I hate some peoples Pietism. "We have all fallen short of the glory of God." its biblical. Just because you accept Jesus into your heart doesn't mean you don't sin. It just means that your sins are forgiven... As you can see another one of my pet peeves and part of Why I don't often go to church. Its the ranking of sins as "better" or "worse" they are all the same you break one you break them all. Her dad is no better than you or me or Charles Manson. Not to God anyway. stressed

If you do see him again and hes being a jerk just give him these verses. No matter how much he tries to go against you keep saying them to him. He can't fight his own words against the bible.

Matthew 7: 2-5
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

I find verse 2 very powerful because its saying that all those people who judge you for no reason or judge you at all will be judged the same. God is the only one given the right to judge, and there are far too many people running around pretending they are God.

Hehe... Soap box I know another of my pet peeves its why I like a bumper sticker that Says Jesus save me from your followers... Not that I'm bashing on religion I'm just annoyed at certain people in religious groups and each religions group has their own pack of them... just drives me batty because its right there and they don't want to see it.

Don't get me on the homosexuals go to hell argument either I have lots to talk about related to that stressed

I feel like much of these letters from her father are his own twisted way of spitting out God where God isn't needed and misusing God to manipulate her. I'm glad she didn't listen though I know these words would have been so hard to hear. I love how he adds in the parable of the lost son because the father accepts his son back even though he did wrong... they don't seem to want to do that and I know exactly how they would treat her on her return... they would rake her over the coals daily until they got bored and she broke down a billion times. I know because his parents are just like that stressed

I cannot make the mission’s team change their minds but at least I am clear in my own conscience as I serve Christ’s church --- the same church I thought you were serving. burning_eyes No he isn't hes just trying to take stuff away from her in a desperate attempt to make her come back... Also there's no way he didn't lie or sin in some way as a human being he is a sinner... and we are all sinners and yet we serve in the church.

With all the talk of honor thy father and mother... I have two major verses...
Ephesians 6:4
4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
Its saying don't push them or make them angry...
and
Genesis 2:24
24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

I honestly don't think its you. I think her dad didn't want her to be with anyone really... Its how some dads are.

"I don't know why you think this is Gods will." I'm sorry but how does she think she knows what Gods will is? Is she God, can she speak for God? God works in mysterious ways. She needs to read this verse.

Luke 12: 51-53
51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

There is no place in Gods Word that commands marriage. If he's trying to pull that routine then she needs to know that no where does God condemn marriage either in fact he prefers it over Sex outside of marriage He also made woman for man. Now does everyone need marriage no but he made it for us to have a companion... Dang these guys are blind.

John 9: 39-41
39 Jesus said,[a] “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”

41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

I'm sorry but the comment about going against Gods will to do God's will... that's bs because if your parent's aren't seeing what you are seeing and are blind then how do they know it isn't gods will and don't tell me her sister is blameless either. You have the patients of a saint I would have totally chewed some behind by now on this >.<

I think what we have here is a misunderstanding of marriage and what it is... Adam and Eve didn't have a huge marriage ceremony with flowers and white dresses and 200 people present it was just them and God and no papers to prove they were married. I'm not sure how their Marriage before God went but in the end its Two becoming one before God. Yeah you didn't do it in a socially normal way until later. But I'm sorry she had more guts than I would ever have about telling my parents about something like that. I'm sorry but she was honest an she got raked over the coals for being honest and that is just wrong.

I am sorry but in the end he basically called you a sin... that's trash talk. People are people we all sin Love the Sinner hate the sin its what God does. Here they are basically making you sound like some action or object. Not a human being who also sins.

We will not dishonor Him, nor seek to hide behind Him to cover up sin. burning_eyes I'm sorry but that's the very thing they are doing. They are using God as an excuse to mistreat her. They are sinners too. So yes they are...

Good plan eloping...

I agree with ur comment peoples words run deep I was teased a lot and still have those words written on my soul. I can't see them but they ruin my image of myself daily. Words cut deep.

hehe *thinks happy thoughts* ok better now whee

I think this all effects me because I went through a similar ordeal not as extravagant mind you. And not as down and dirty but similar.

Oh and feel free to use any of these next time u see them even bring a bible if u like and have them marked ^^ you don't have to but its just fighting bible with bible. They would be so shocked they wouldn't know what to do.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:31 pm
Asiril
I guess I'll offer my two cents of advice.

A personality doesn't change with what you look like, if your arm gets removed one way or another you are the same person you wre before just abit more dominant handed >.>'
What you look like and a choice to change that is a choice you alone make. If people go out of their way to give you crap about it, are they people you want to listen too? I talk to alot of people and I think one of the worst things to do in life by now, is to perposfully leave regrets. Wishing you had done something, and didnt. I dont know if it offers any help, but perhaps the people that support your decision are ones you wish to see more often, and the ones you care about that are being uhm..blonde moment typing whats a word.. Annoying sweatdrop well sit down with em chat it out, let them ease into the idea, or completely shut it down. *shrug* I hate not having comp access to not be around more often x.x

It's true. for now what I'm doing is getting some therapy and talking to professionals. I was told today that I'm a classic Transexual by a psychiatrist I saw. However he won't set up blood tests for me or any other tests because he doesn't think I have a physical condition with it... So... I have a choice. Change myself and try to be the sex I was born into or be myself and change my physical appearance... It's just a big choice that effects and affects everyone I know.

Lusty101
Sorry for the excessive length lots to say about ur story not about u though about her family. Bible verses are in green So u don't get confused lol.

^^ Well I know about being treated badly. But you guys are being treated unfairly. And I know about the whole "You need to apologize to us because you were in the wrong. My hubby's parents are that way through and through... it bites.

At least your wife is somewhat understanding. It's hard to struggle with your identity and have everyone else shoot you down for how you feel.

I feel that this part of his letter really infuriates me... "I REFUSE TO PAY FOR YOUR SIN OR FOR THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO SIN."

He payed for his daughter to be born we are born into sin. No matter what you try to do you are always a sinner. He is a sinner as much as everyone else... I hate some peoples Pietism. "We have all fallen short of the glory of God." its biblical. Just because you accept Jesus into your heart doesn't mean you don't sin. It just means that your sins are forgiven... As you can see another one of my pet peeves and part of Why I don't often go to church. Its the ranking of sins as "better" or "worse" they are all the same you break one you break them all. Her dad is no better than you or me or Charles Manson. Not to God anyway.

If you do see him again and hes being a jerk just give him these verses. No matter how much he tries to go against you keep saying them to him. He can't fight his own words against the bible.

2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

I find verse 2 very powerful because its saying that all those people who judge you for no reason or judge you at all will be judged the same. God is the only one given the right to judge, and there are far too many people running around pretending they are God.

Hehe... Soap box I know another of my pet peeves its why I like a bumper sticker that Says Jesus save me from your followers... Not that I'm bashing on religion I'm just annoyed at certain people in religious groups and each religions group has their own pack of them... just drives me batty because its right there and they don't want to see it.

Don't get me on the homosexuals go to hell argument either I have lots to talk about related to that

I feel like much of these letters from her father are his own twisted way of spitting out God where God isn't needed and misusing God to manipulate her. I'm glad she didn't listen though I know these words would have been so hard to hear. I love how he adds in the parable of the lost son because the father accepts his son back even though he did wrong... they don't seem to want to do that and I know exactly how they would treat her on her return... they would rake her over the coals daily until they got bored and she broke down a billion times. I know because his parents are just like that

I cannot make the mission’s team change their minds but at least I am clear in my own conscience as I serve Christ’s church --- the same church I thought you were serving. No he isn't hes just trying to take stuff away from her in a desperate attempt to make her come back... Also there's no way he didn't lie or sin in some way as a human being he is a sinner... and we are all sinners and yet we serve in the church.

4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
and
24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
I honestly don't think its you. I think her dad didn't want her to be with anyone really... Its how some dads are.

"I don't know why you think this is Gods will." I'm sorry but how does she think she knows what Gods will is? Is she God, can she speak for God? God works in mysterious ways. She needs to read this verse.

51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

There is no place in Gods Word that commands marriage. If he's trying to pull that routine then she needs to know that no where does God condemn marriage either in fact he prefers it over Sex outside of marriage He also made woman for man. Now does everyone need marriage no but he made it for us to have a companion... Dang these guys are blind.

39 Jesus said,[a] “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”

41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

I'm sorry but the comment about going against Gods will to do God's will... that's bs because if your parent's aren't seeing what you are seeing and are blind then how do they know it isn't gods will and don't tell me her sister is blameless either. You have the patients of a saint I would have totally chewed some behind by now on this >.<

I think what we have here is a misunderstanding of marriage and what it is... Adam and Eve didn't have a huge marriage ceremony with flowers and white dresses and 200 people present it was just them and God and no papers to prove they were married. I'm not sure how their Marriage before God went but in the end its Two becoming one before God. Yeah you didn't do it in a socially normal way until later. But I'm sorry she had more guts than I would ever have about telling my parents about something like that. I'm sorry but she was honest an she got raked over the coals for being honest and that is just wrong.

I am sorry but in the end he basically called you a sin... that's trash talk. People are people we all sin Love the Sinner hate the sin its what God does. Here they are basically making you sound like some action or object. Not a human being who also sins.

We will not dishonor Him, nor seek to hide behind Him to cover up sin. I'm sorry but that's the very thing they are doing. They are using God as an excuse to mistreat her. They are sinners too. So yes they are...

Good plan eloping...

I agree with ur comment peoples words run deep I was teased a lot and still have those words written on my soul. I can't see them but they ruin my image of myself daily. Words cut deep.

hehe *thinks happy thoughts* ok better now

I think this all effects me because I went through a similar ordeal not as extravagant mind you. And not as down and dirty but similar.

Oh and feel free to use any of these next time u see them even bring a bible if u like and have them marked ^^ you don't have to but its just fighting bible with bible. They would be so shocked they wouldn't know what to do.

He wrote her a ton of different times with those letters. I don't plan on seeing him again until his attitude changes. He has a rather explosive temper on top of everything so... since he wants apologies from us rather than recognizing the pain and wrong that he has done me and his daugher, I have decided that in order for him to have a relationship with me or to even get to know me he needs to recognize what he did. Even though he is forgiven, I will not put myself through the unnecessary stress that being around his family causes me.

I agree with the Bible quotes but there is no way that showing or telling him those will do me any good... sadly he seems to believe that he is above reproach. If I were to tell him that he is in the wrong he would get angry and violent again. My favorite quote so far with my own research is "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."

I entirely agree that her father uses "religion" to manipulate and control. He does it with his family, church, and friends. It seems to me that you saw through every single thing that he said. So far as I can see you hit the proverbial nail on the head on all accounts. Well done.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kartina_KittyKat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:01 pm
Lusty101

He payed for his daughter to be born we are born into sin. No matter what you try to do you are always a sinner. He is a sinner as much as everyone else... I hate some peoples Pietism. "We have all fallen short of the glory of God." its biblical. Just because you accept Jesus into your heart doesn't mean you don't sin. It just means that your sins are forgiven... As you can see another one of my pet peeves and part of Why I don't often go to church. Its the ranking of sins as "better" or "worse" they are all the same you break one you break them all. Her dad is no better than you or me or Charles Manson. Not to God anyway. stressed

Don't get me on the homosexuals go to hell argument either I have lots to talk about related to that stressed

I feel like much of these letters from her father are his own twisted way of spitting out God where God isn't needed and misusing God to manipulate her. I'm glad she didn't listen though I know these words would have been so hard to hear. I love how he adds in the parable of the lost son because the father accepts his son back even though he did wrong... they don't seem to want to do that and I know exactly how they would treat her on her return... they would rake her over the coals daily until they got bored and she broke down a billion times. I know because his parents are just like that stressed

I cannot make the mission’s team change their minds but at least I am clear in my own conscience as I serve Christ’s church --- the same church I thought you were serving. burning_eyes No he isn't hes just trying to take stuff away from her in a desperate attempt to make her come back... Also there's no way he didn't lie or sin in some way as a human being he is a sinner... and we are all sinners and yet we serve in the church.

and

We will not dishonor Him, nor seek to hide behind Him to cover up sin. burning_eyes I'm sorry but that's the very thing they are doing. They are using God as an excuse to mistreat her. They are sinners too. So yes they are...

Good plan eloping...

hehe *thinks happy thoughts* ok better now whee

This is good advice. I'm actually the "wife"... xp
Yay for being different and being shot down for it? haha.
Anyways, all of what you've said are conclusions I've come to also (except it took a lot more time for me haha). Thanks again for posting it. It was a good reminder for me ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:02 pm
Foxifyre

He wrote her a ton of different times with those letters. I don't plan on seeing him again until his attitude changes. He has a rather explosive temper on top of everything so... since he wants apologies from us rather than recognizing the pain and wrong that he has done me and his daugher, I have decided that in order for him to have a relationship with me or to even get to know me he needs to recognize what he did. Even though he is forgiven, I will not put myself through the unnecessary stress that being around his family causes me.

I agree with the Bible quotes but there is no way that showing or telling him those will do me any good... sadly he seems to believe that he is above reproach. If I were to tell him that he is in the wrong he would get angry and violent again. My favorite quote so far with my own research is "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."

I entirely agree that her father uses "religion" to manipulate and control. He does it with his family, church, and friends. It seems to me that you saw through every single thing that he said. So far as I can see you hit the proverbial nail on the head on all accounts. Well done.

Yeah well I know those kind of people... I also went through a huge Church separation where the church split. People who I considered like family I was banned from seeing so it hurt a lot. At one point my parents tried to use me as a pawn to state that the pastor of mine was in the wrong. To some degree he was but they didn't have to drag him though the mud over it either.

People get so heated and so attached to this building of a Church that they forget that the church isn't a place but people.

Some pastors become so obsessed with control and order that they forget about their congregation as people humans and sinners and see themselves as God like and beyond reproach.

I just know a lot of what ur going through because my hubby's family is that way and for a while mine was too.

But at least if nothing else u have verses to strengthen and comfort you.

And I agree you shouldn't see him again if he isn't willing to admit he is a sinner with faults. If he won't lower himself off his pedestal then he doesn't deserve to have a relationship with you guys.

But I don't think anything will turn them around, unless they see that they are wrong which is unlikely... their heads are where the sun don't shine right now if u know what I mean.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:24 pm
Lusty101
Foxifyre

Yeah well I know those kind of people... I also went through a huge Church separation where the church split. People who I considered like family I was banned from seeing so it hurt a lot. At one point my parents tried to use me as a pawn to state that the pastor of mine was in the wrong. To some degree he was but they didn't have to drag him though the mud over it either.

People get so heated and so attached to this building of a Church that they forget that the church isn't a place but people.

Some pastors become so obsessed with control and order that they forget about their congregation as people humans and sinners and see themselves as God like and beyond reproach.

I just know a lot of what ur going through because my hubby's family is that way and for a while mine was too.

But at least if nothing else u have verses to strengthen and comfort you.

And I agree you shouldn't see him again if he isn't willing to admit he is a sinner with faults. If he won't lower himself off his pedestal then he doesn't deserve to have a relationship with you guys.

But I don't think anything will turn them around, unless they see that they are wrong which is unlikely... their heads are where the sun don't shine right now if u know what I mean.

Absolutely. I highly doubt anything will change with my situation for a long time if ever. Sometimes people are just like that though. As far as I'm concerned, I'm happier with never seeing them again than I am with having to deal with "get togethers" lol.  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff