Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon Remake! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor Moon re-make!
Oh Yes!!!
63%
 63%  [ 26 ]
Oh noes!! O:
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Gooooooold!!!!! :D
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

animelover357

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:46 am
UsagiXSailorMoon
It's a live action, but like I said, t's only a short and will only be sold through their youtube account.

User Image

Ah, I see. I heard YouTube's charging people to watch movies now. Ridiculous. B(

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:59 am
I have heard that is it a rumor that they are going to re-dub Sailor Moon because of Funimation poll that was taken about which animes should be redone. I don't if this is true but seeing how the books have come out, a costume came out last month, and even the dvds have come out from the first couple of seasons in english dub and sub excluding the sailor stars series, but hopefully when they do have the redub that they would do that series as well. xd I also hope that possibly they have the original cast from Sailor Moon series that aired in the U.S. in 1995. biggrin I don't know if this is going to happen but if it does it would be really sweet xd  

cat0120

Usagi-Bunnyofmoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:59 pm
cat0120
I have heard that is it a rumor that they are going to re-dub Sailor Moon because of Funimation poll that was taken about which animes should be redone. I don't if this is true but seeing how the books have come out, a costume came out last month, and even the dvds have come out from the first couple of seasons in english dub and sub excluding the sailor stars series, but hopefully when they do have the redub that they would do that series as well. xd I also hope that possibly they have the original cast from Sailor Moon series that aired in the U.S. in 1995. biggrin I don't know if this is going to happen but if it does it would be really sweet xd

I haven't seen any DVD re releases?, where'd you see them? and they wont be getting the old cast, they'll be using the funimation voice casts.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:23 pm
UsagiXSailorMoon
cat0120

I haven't seen any DVD re releases?, where'd you see them? and they wont be getting the old cast, they'll be using the funimation voice casts.

I saw the dvd re-release on Amazon.com and its in a set of 4 dvds. I hope that when they do redub, then get someone that actually knows how to do a voice over and knows what they are doing.  

cat0120

Usagi-Bunnyofmoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 pm
Nifties,is there a link, I couldn't find it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:56 pm
I think the redub of sailor moon is really good I like it a lot. I have enjoyed the new voices for the sailor scouts & I like new voices for luna and naru as well. The only voices I don't like when it comes to the viz sailor moon would be for Melvin and usagi's brother. That is really the only thing I don't like about the redub. I also love the fact that there are episode we get to see that dic and cloverway never showed on tv so I'm very happy with it.  

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:17 pm
moonlight_peach12
I think the redub of sailor moon is really good I like it a lot. I have enjoyed the new voices for the sailor scouts & I like new voices for luna and naru as well. The only voices I don't like when it comes to the viz sailor moon would be for Melvin and usagi's brother. That is really the only thing I don't like about the redub. I also love the fact that there are episode we get to see that dic and cloverway never showed on tv so I'm very happy with it.

I bought the first box set mostly for the missing episodes. I don't care for the new voices.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:42 pm
Tomorrow I will be getting viz sailor moon s. I'm really excited to get it because my favorite voice actress Erica Mendez will be doing the voice of Sailor Uranus I know she is going to do an amazing job.  

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:18 am
So far, what I've seen about the re-dub by Viz Media, I'm impressed. They actually are using known, veteran anime voice actors and are keeping the dialogue closer to the original japanese. Further, they aren't cutting stuff out like DiC did, recognising Sailor Moon wasn't intended to be a little girl's show, but more a teenager's thing. here's hoping they will complete the project straight through to StarS, which was never dubbed in English.

On the other hand, Sailor Moon Crystal works in parallel to the original Anime as a more manga-faithful adaptation... albeit one with a shiny, cutesy moe look to it. I approve!

Finally, I have also gotten my dainty little hands on the complete box set for all of the Sailor Moon manga (this time with far better English translation than MiXX or Tokyopop could ever manage)... including Codeanme Sailor V and the side story anthologies. I'm only missing the original artbooks, which don't exist in English, let alone the states.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:22 am
moonlight_peach12
Tomorrow I will be getting viz sailor moon s. I'm really excited to get it because my favorite voice actress Erica Mendez will be doing the voice of Sailor Uranus I know she is going to do an amazing job.

Luckyyyyyy -_-

I still need to hunt down the box sets for the redub as they come out, but I've got bills and stuffs and am between jobs. *cries*

Also, "Melvin"'s actual original name is Umino. Usagi's kid brother is Shingo.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:38 pm
Lilith Shienberg
moonlight_peach12

Luckyyyyyy -_-

I still need to hunt down the box sets for the redub as they come out, but I've got bills and stuffs and am between jobs. *cries*

I hope you are able to get the anime soon since I think you will enjoy the animation a lot. My favorite thing about the series is that their aren't any episodes cut like in the dic cloverway adaption so that makes me the happiest.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:42 pm
moonlight_peach12
Lilith Shienberg
moonlight_peach12

Luckyyyyyy -_-

I hope you are able to get the anime soon since I think you will enjoy the animation a lot. My favorite thing about the series is that their aren't any episodes cut like in the dic cloverway adaption so that makes me the happiest.

Plus, the clear LGBT references Takeuchi intended are intact. Victory for us! *waves the rainbow flag*  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:23 pm
heart I was unsure at first.. but after seeing the art.. I was amazed! But
they made a lot of changes that make me pretty mad. But other than that they are following the manga. And kept some good things, but changed a lot of others to be "friendly" to the newer audience. But I prefer the innuendos, the love triangles and all that. So I have to say its great to see it revamped, but I'm so old school. ninja But I say if you like it great... if not that's cool too.
Just enjoy it how ever old school or crystal.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Sailor Saturn shall return!!!!  

SulferKitty

Sparkly Genius

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:08 pm
Minnie001
heart I was unsure at first.. but after seeing the art.. I was amazed! But
they made a lot of changes that make me pretty mad. But other than that they are following the manga. And kept some good things, but changed a lot of others to be "friendly" to the newer audience. But I prefer the innuendos, the love triangles and all that. So I have to say its great to see it revamped, but I'm so old school. ninja But I say if you like it great... if not that's cool too.
Just enjoy it how ever old school or crystal.

Can you elaborate on these changes you refer to?  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff