Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
If everyone on the earth turned into a furry herm overnight. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:19 pm
[♫=♥]

Kids these days complaining about human nature and coming up with shenanigans to fix it. Just like the education system in United States with No Child Left Behind crap. Thinking it's easy to draw a straight line to the cause of the problem and fix it.

Um, excuse me, wtf are you doing? The world is complex you know.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:22 pm
The Final Kira

True, very true. I just hate how so many claim we are better than animals when are still that. ....I'd rather be a wild animal because they don't fight their nature.

Who says wild animals don't fight their nature?
How would you even know that?
What about the animals that think their prey is part of their family?
Something to protect instead of eat?
That's not normal for their nature.
Is that not fighting it?
Perhaps it's not conscious fighting, but again it's not normal.
Not natural.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:23 pm
Jiti
[♫=♥]

Kids these days complaining about human nature and coming up with shenanigans to fix it. Just like the education system in United States with No Child Left Behind crap. Thinking it's easy to draw a straight line to the cause of the problem and fix it.

If I could tip this like in the forums, I would.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:31 pm
Jiti
[♫=♥]

I can't stand that No Child Left Behind crap... It is screwing things up more than it is helping. They had a good idea, but went about it totally wrong. Have you heard of the testings they are doing now? There used to be the simple tests that measured how everyone was doing, but now they have standardized tests that students have to pass in order to graduate. Huh? So now the teachers are so worried about teaching what is on these tests that it takes any fun out of the classroom...  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:35 pm
DarkWolfLove
Jiti
[♫=♥]

If I could tip this like in the forums, I would.

[♫=♥]

redface
I thank thinking, reading, and researching before I throw my mouth out of solutions. If more people would have done that, United States wouldn't have so many problems they have now. Education is important than anything in the world. Why, WHY WOULD THEY KILL IT? gonk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:39 pm
Aakosir
Jiti
[♫=♥]

I can't stand that No Child Left Behind crap... It is screwing things up more than it is helping. They had a good idea, but went about it totally wrong. Have you heard of the testings they are doing now? There used to be the simple tests that measured how everyone was doing, but now they have standardized tests that students have to pass in order to graduate. Huh? So now the teachers are so worried about teaching what is on these tests that it takes any fun out of the classroom...

[♫=♥]

That's not all, you can't fire BAD TEACHERS, and good teachers are so limited with their teaching that most students go to high school without knowing their multiplication.
Like I wrote before, they can't just make a straight line and expect to fix the problem. It's the entire system they need to fix. Have they forgotten that life is complex and not simple and easy to follow?
If I have children, public school is out of my check list. scream

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:46 pm
Jiti
Aakosir
Jiti
[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

That's not all, you can't fire BAD TEACHERS, and good teachers are so limited with their teaching that most students go to high school without knowing their multiplication.
Like I wrote before, they can't just make a straight line and expect to fix the problem. It's the entire system they need to fix. Have they forgotten that life is complex and not simple and easy to follow?

I'm actually going for a teaching degree right now and we talked about that in the last class. Teacher as also have tests and exams that they have to take. I heard certification is getting a bit harder to get. But I don't agree about not firing bad teachers. There are some teachers that really need to be gotten rid of for more than a few things they do. I've heard of teachers who force their students to stand for the pledge. That's clearly no accepptable.
I have a two year old and have been debating homeschooling. I do not see a good future for education in the near future. I really see it collapsing with the government.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:12 pm
Aakosir
Jiti
Aakosir
Jiti
[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

I'm actually going for a teaching degree right now and we talked about that in the last class. Teacher as also have tests and exams that they have to take. I heard certification is getting a bit harder to get. But I don't agree about not firing bad teachers. There are some teachers that really need to be gotten rid of for more than a few things they do. I've heard of teachers who force their students to stand for the pledge. That's clearly no accepptable.
I have a two year old and have been debating homeschooling. I do not see a good future for education in the near future. I really see it collapsing with the government.

[♫=♥]

Teachers do get fired, but from what I heard it's hard to do so.

I had a teacher that was arrested for child molestation and they only give him a suspension. They never fired him. gonk

A lot of people are switching to home schooling. I know a few people that were home schooled and they turned out fine.

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:19 pm
Jiti
Aakosir
Jiti
Aakosir
Jiti
[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

I had a teacher that was arrested for child molestation and they only give him a suspension. They never fired him. gonk

A lot of people are switching to home schooling. I know a few people that were home schooled and they turned out fine.

If they have tenure it can be very hard. And I obviously misunderstood your original comment about firing bad teachers. We had a teacher like that in my middle school. I'm not sure what happened to him, but he would lean over the girls shirts and all... But he was black so it was an even harder issue... I don't understand the stereotypes with homeschooling. If the person is involved in activities then of course they will be fine. But if the parents hide them away then yea, they'll have problems. But that can happen with anyone at any school.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:47 pm
Aakosir
Jiti
Aakosir
Jiti
Aakosir
Jiti
[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

If they have tenure it can be very hard. And I obviously misunderstood your original comment about firing bad teachers. We had a teacher like that in my middle school. I'm not sure what happened to him, but he would lean over the girls shirts and all... But he was black so it was an even harder issue... I don't understand the stereotypes with homeschooling. If the person is involved in activities then of course they will be fine. But if the parents hide them away then yea, they'll have problems. But that can happen with anyone at any school.
[♫=♥]

Wow. "Omg is it becuz im black that ur firing me?!!"
No you just molested a girl and we caught you on tape for proof gonk
"ur crazy man, that aint me at all man, ur just being racist!"
crying crying crying crying

Yeah people can never avoid being an outcast in school or at homeschool. It's all about environment and parenting. I've met parents that were so super protective and very ridiculous, there was one story where a mother did not allow her daughter to shower or use the bathroom privately. She would barge in through the door to check up on her very minute. True story, it was on a court show. gonk

Oh and environment where there's a closed location for security reasons and almost all of your neighbors are a bunch or old people. >:c
freakin'' florida lololol

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:40 pm
Aakosir
Coyote Master Brutus
Listen, and listen well. I'm a deployed soldier, every day I wake up and take a deep breath and am thankful that I get another day to walk this ******** of an idea that we call earth. We all whine and complain because we truly do not appreciate the miracle of life and living. Tomorrow, I could breathe my last breath. I don't need anyone out there killing me faster. Smile, and be grateful for the person giving you grief, for they live through the same grind that we do.

Maybe you should tell my husband this or teach a class when you get back. My husband is a Marine, has been deployed twice, yet still does not appreciate what I do for him everyday. I can't even get him to take out the reecycling when it's full.

A big thank you goes out to the spouses of the armed forces. Sadly, this is the reason I'm not able to date. Well that and being in Germany... But I can admit that I am hardly emotionally stable enough to hold up myself let alone that of a significant other. I know you don't want to hear this but you need to be patient with him as, he is the one under this stress so he is far less likely to understand. I wish I could give ya more help than this but.. I got nothing. I'm sure you'll pull trough though, have faith and remain Gorky planted on your love. If ve learned anything, anything at all in my time as a soldier for the free world it's this... Love is universally understood, any culture any place any language. Your husband just needs a little more :3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:58 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
not to mention everyone would have periods and stuff D: lol

Shudders... "I quit!! I quit! Un-herm me now!!"  

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:51 pm
Jiti
[♫=♥]

Yeah people can never avoid being an outcast in school or at homeschool. It's all about environment and parenting. I've met parents that were so super protective and very ridiculous, there was one story where a mother did not allow her daughter to shower or use the bathroom privately. She would barge in through the door to check up on her very minute. True story, it was on a court show. gonk

Oh and environment where there's a closed location for security reasons and almost all of your neighbors are a bunch or old people. >:c

You hit the nail on the head with that first part. I'd like to see some white people try that. I think it would be hilarious since hispanics and blacks do it all the time!

I knew something similar to that. The girl wouldn't go to the bathroom unless her mom was with her though, so it was a bit opposite. The lady actually had to leave work several times and actually had to pull her out of school if she had to go to the bathroom. I think it was a phobia in this case.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:57 pm
Coyote Master Brutus
Aakosir
Coyote Master Brutus
Listen, and listen well. I'm a deployed soldier, every day I wake up and take a deep breath and am thankful that I get another day to walk this ******** of an idea that we call earth. We all whine and complain because we truly do not appreciate the miracle of life and living. Tomorrow, I could breathe my last breath. I don't need anyone out there killing me faster. Smile, and be grateful for the person giving you grief, for they live through the same grind that we do.

Maybe you should tell my husband this or teach a class when you get back. My husband is a Marine, has been deployed twice, yet still does not appreciate what I do for him everyday. I can't even get him to take out the reecycling when it's full.

A big thank you goes out to the spouses of the armed forces. Sadly, this is the reason I'm not able to date. Well that and being in Germany... But I can admit that I am hardly emotionally stable enough to hold up myself let alone that of a significant other. I know you don't want to hear this but you need to be patient with him as, he is the one under this stress so he is far less likely to understand. I wish I could give ya more help than this but.. I got nothing. I'm sure you'll pull trough though, have faith and remain Gorky planted on your love. If ve learned anything, anything at all in my time as a soldier for the free world it's this... Love is universally understood, any culture any place any language. Your husband just needs a little more :3

It is getting very hard to be patient with him because it does not feel like he is trying to understand my side of the story at all... I went to our Family Building office today to see if I can get in to some classes before the end of May. Hopefully they will help, but he also needs to go to classes since I'm not the only one in the relationship.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:04 pm
Aakosir
Jiti
[♫=♥]

You hit the nail on the head with that first part. I'd like to see some white people try that. I think it would be hilarious since hispanics and blacks do it all the time!

I knew something similar to that. The girl wouldn't go to the bathroom unless her mom was with her though, so it was a bit opposite. The lady actually had to leave work several times and actually had to pull her out of school if she had to go to the bathroom. I think it was a phobia in this case.

[♫=♥]

I'm hispanic and I sometimes don't see discrimination. My mom would get mad at me for letting people walk over me like a doormat and assume they are being racist. I know what you mean. It does get annoying.

Oh wow. The woman that wouldn't let the girl have privacy was due to religious belief. The woman doesn't want her daughter to see herself naked and ordered her to wear a clothing while showering.

Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff