Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Guardians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:16 pm
Behold the end ladies and gentlemen, when even doing right becomes at question. Our world is full of hate and the question is if we should even try to eliminate. This improper balance is sickening to some, yet yields to a slight perfection for others that receive the good end due to the bad ends getting twisted.

We are given the power to change, but we ignored it for far too long. It is funny how always at the perceived end, we decide for the most to attempt change again.

Humanity. A being with so much evil, yet gifted with so much good. Fantastic specimens we are.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:49 pm
I donèt know why, but this just reminds me of comic books. And nothing ever really goes well in comic books for the heros.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:53 pm
You know, that's not always true. Look at Spider Man. He got the girl. Married her too. Sure he had to fight tons of evil nasty villains, but he did it.

Try to think on the bright side of things. Anything is possible, but you might have to work a little bit to achieve it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:59 pm
Every heroic being must suffer to achieve their goals. It may not look all well in the end, but their sacrifice shall inspire more and more to the cause (and against it due to the psionic things some might see as witchcraft or devil magic).

And the cycle of good shall go on and restore the balance until good is the leader and evil has a nice kick in the pants.

However, there is still one problem. A favorite quote of mine that really shows the limits of humanity when it comes to being a hero.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
- Harvey Dent/Two Face (The Dark Knight)

This line should be keep in mind with every move you make.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Optimus Nyan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:44 am
Allsixcolours
Hello fellow occult researchers,

Today I would like to discuss a topic that likely no one has heard about, yet is found all over the world. I am talking about a group of people called Guardians. They are not an organized group, some don't even know they are one, let alone that there are others like themselves. Guardians are those that, by nature, are drawn to those in need and the unfortunate. They bare the weight of the world on their shoulders, and have the task of restoring balance to a world that we as humanity have really messed up.

The have a lot of responsibility for an ordinary human, no? Well, they are not exactly ordinary. They have many abilities as Guardians that help them with their duties. These include those commonly referred to as psychic abilities or psionics, as well as several less common abilities. Not much is known about them, but I suspect they have been around for quite some time, just under a different name. I am looking into that matter, but it is irrelevant.

The point I would like to make is that I myself am a guardian, just recently discovered and awakened by another. I am curious, however, if there might be more guardians among you, guild members. Do you find yourself always helping others before tending to yourself? Do you seek to help those in need? Do you often reflect upon and are depressed about the state of the world? Do you have paranormal abilities? (This is a big one for many of you, as I have seen tons of discussions about you having them >.> ) Do you have a lot of patience and are good at talking to and persuading people? Well, there is a possibility that you may be a guardian, and capable of becoming something you surely must dream of already as a member of this guild. If you answered yes to a few of these questions, I encourage you to contact me so that we may further discuss the matter, you may be able to train as I am, and eventually grow to change the world.

I also welcome any thoughts, comments, questions, and other information you have for me, just post below smile

Sounds like good ol' empathy to me ... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:55 pm
Which a surprising amount of people lack.
Empathy is one of my "Powers". I call it a power because like any psychic empath, I have the ability to sense emotions. I dislike being in crowds of people because it's really just oppressive and smothering.
It can be used to help. It can be used to harm. Who's to say even basic human empathy isn't a superpower anymore? Far too many people are completely immune to the pain and suffering of others. Even if you call them out on it, I know a lot of people who just don't care.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:14 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
You know, that's not always true. Look at Spider Man. He got the girl. Married her too. Sure he had to fight tons of evil nasty villains, but he did it.

Try to think on the bright side of things. Anything is possible, but you might have to work a little bit to achieve it.

What version of spider man are you watching? Cuz in the old one, he doesn't. Mary Jane goes missing/"dies". And he doesn't find her again. (At least not for a long time/Or at all.)

In Superman, Loise Lane dies, but Superman spins the world in reverse, causing it to travel back in time, in which he is able to save her. Which none of us are able to do.

Lol and everytime Batman gets too close or reveals his secret identity to a romantic interest, they usually die. (Except Poison Ivy and Cat Woman, in which they both end up teaming up after PI heals CW and they gang up on him.) Love Batman, but he's not so smart with the ladies.

Over all, yes it can work out in the end, but there is always a loss, or a "sacrifice". Basically it's a cause and effect situation. Spiderman save the city, but he still looses MJ.
Superman stops the dam from killing everyone and a buss full of kids from dying, Loise still dies. (Even though she could have broken a window and climbed out of her damn car. =3=)  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
The world can be a vile place, and sure there may be only a few happy endings... All the more reason to write more.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:29 pm
I have walked into the flames and returned a new man!

Okay not really, but this has certainly placed some good motivation. The guardians, as nut jobbed as they sound, seem to actually know what they're doing.

Great people, friendly environment, and some interesting lessons in history and psionic fields. This is a pretty cool guild. I think we should check this thing out and see what we get. It might just be a portion of that lost key needed to open the door to the truth that we so desperately are looking for.

So all my fellow/former Truthers, come on now. You know you wanna see what's going on in here.

Oh, and don't worry about the membership fee thing. They're working on that so I'll spot cha and return the 1k after you join, but there's a catch: You gotta stay for at least a week and mingle. I promise this won't end badly.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:38 pm
Just pointing out that this guild and the idea of a Guardian are two completely separate things. Just saying.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:05 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
Just pointing out that this guild and the idea of a Guardian are two completely separate things. Just saying.

Oh? Do tell us how it is completely different, I'm curious as to what you have to say to support that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:20 pm
*whistles* two things amaze me in this thread.
1:people cna talk about such a sensitive topic without blowing up and flaming other people and their views.
2:how everyone is really walking on glass it seems ><

anyway.....well i'm not sure what i think about the 'Guardians' yet....i agree with the mindset and the beliefs (as ive read) and such, but well.....i just dont know. how can i? i only know the description given, i can't really judge them off that now can i? i will look into it though.

and not just because i love the Knights Templar dramallama lol i feel here ">.>  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:39 pm
Allsixcolours
Sonkurra-Taichou

Oh? Do tell us how it is completely different, I'm curious as to what you have to say to support that.

Well, the guild in general isn't all about Guardian. Sure, we had this topic about it, but other than that, we can't let people think we are in any MAJOR way a part of Guardian. It was an idea, a philosophy. While I certainly agree with everything the idea stands for, it is not all this guild is about. From my point of view, it seemed like the new member was getting that in his head.

Forgive me if there is/was any miscommunication. I mean no harm, really.

Certainly we are all walking on thin ice with this. But control is a good thing to learn, Mmm? Choose the battles that are worth fighting.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:45 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
Allsixcolours
Sonkurra-Taichou

Well, the guild in general isn't all about Guardian. Sure, we had this topic about it, but other than that, we can't let people think we are in any MAJOR way a part of Guardian. It was an idea, a philosophy. While I certainly agree with everything the idea stands for, it is not all this guild is about. From my point of view, it seemed like the new member was getting that in his head.

Certainly we are all walking on thin ice with this. But control is a good thing to learn, Mmm? Choose the battles that are worth fighting.

I really rather prefer not to have any battles o.o To be honest, I'm a bit lost as to what you are referring to, I was just curious as to your thoughts on the differences. Guardians and this guild are certainly different. Dalcain was referring to a different guild entirely if you did not catch that... And there is no reason to apologize, you have said nothing wrong. Unless offering ones opinions on the internet is now a crime, like they believe in the chatterbox sweatdrop  

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:55 pm
Allsixcolours
Sonkurra-Taichou
Allsixcolours
Sonkurra-Taichou

I really rather prefer not to have any battles o.o To be honest, I'm a bit lost as to what you are referring to, I was just curious as to your thoughts on the differences. Guardians and this guild are certainly different. Dalcain was referring to a different guild entirely if you did not catch that... And there is no reason to apologize, you have said nothing wrong. Unless offering ones opinions on the internet is now a crime, like they believe in the chatterbox sweatdrop

Was he referring to another guild?! Well crap. Now I just feel stupid. I think it's time for me to go to bed. Obviously my brain is not functioning at full capacity. To be frank, I'm amazed I can form a coherent sentence. Right. Well. I'll make another post later tomorrow. Thanks for being patient!  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff