Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Hello and Welcome! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 pm
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

Yeah? How much did it cost you?

About $10. Got it at a yarn store, but i've since seen them in like Hobby Lobby or Michael's also.

Only $10? That seems like a great deal for something so useful!

Only problems I have with it - if you wind too fast, it kinda burns your fingers holding the yarn...and, the cats are fascinated by it as well.

Youch about the fingers. Rope burn. Bleh.

I'm making progress. This is what I've accomplished so far... After many tries.

Very nice!  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:03 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

Yeah? How much did it cost you?

About $10. Got it at a yarn store, but i've since seen them in like Hobby Lobby or Michael's also.

Only $10? That seems like a great deal for something so useful!

Only problems I have with it - if you wind too fast, it kinda burns your fingers holding the yarn...and, the cats are fascinated by it as well.

Youch about the fingers. Rope burn. Bleh.

I'm making progress. This is what I've accomplished so far... After many tries.

Very nice!

Thank you. Now I'm working on something harder. Fingers crossed. What does your afghan look like?  

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:24 pm
Finished! I feel like I ran a marathon. My heart was beating so fast the entire time I did this.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:25 pm
Hey I'm Veretix, but people tend to call me Very so feel free to do that. I crochet amigurumi's (crocheted toys basically) and draw. I do have a Deviantart but I don't have much up at the moment. I really would like to become better at drawing people. I am only really good at drawing dragons at the moment.  

Veretix
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:05 am
Hardcore Uvula
Finished! I feel like I ran a marathon. My heart was beating so fast the entire time I did this.

Ooh, that's beautiful!

I am using 4 strands & a Q hook - starting with white, changing 1 strand every 5 rows to the next color it goes: white, very light yellow, yellow, orange, dark orange, red, dark orange, orange, yellow, very light yellow, white,
I made a rug in a similar way, which turned out so pretty that I wanted to do an afghan. Just single crochet, so it works up pretty fast, if I could just get to it!  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:07 am
Veretix
Hey I'm Veretix, but people tend to call me Very so feel free to do that. I crochet amigurumi's (crocheted toys basically) and draw. I do have a Deviantart but I don't have much up at the moment. I really would like to become better at drawing people. I am only really good at drawing dragons at the moment.

Hi, Very. I can't draw people either - especially hands! I love dragons though, & would love to see some of yours!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:23 am
Ah, she's really awesome at dragons !! >< (we're friends in real life) I wish I could draw well, I'm only really good at still life stuff. I'm majoring in Landscape Architecture in college though, so i Think I'm required to take a nude drawing course...... not lookin forward to seeing ugly naked peoples :/  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:44 pm
Emm-Kaye

=D Thank you.

hirochan28

What's involved in Landscape Architecture? I feel dumb for asking. It's like I should know this. x.x  

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:49 pm
hirochan28
Ah, she's really awesome at dragons !! >< (we're friends in real life) I wish I could draw well, I'm only really good at still life stuff. I'm majoring in Landscape Architecture in college though, so i Think I'm required to take a nude drawing course...... not lookin forward to seeing ugly naked peoples :/

I was in a regular art course once, and this woman walked in wearing a robe, took it off & posed (discreetly) nude on a table. We hadn't been warned that this was going to happen - shocked doesn't even begin to cover it.
We all just sat there for a while, till the prof finally came in & said "You're supposed to be doing a nude drawing today"  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:22 am
Hardcore Uvula

What's involved in Landscape Architecture? I feel dumb for asking. It's like I should know this. x.x

It's like regular architecture, but you design the landscape instead of the buildings themselves. For example, what I want to do specifically, is design city layouts (urban planning), like where streets, buildings, parks, etc. go in the city. You deal with things like drainage problems, creating green spaces, preserving wildlife/preventing destruction of the natural area, and stuff like that. Most people think that landscape architects just design landscaping in people's yards, but you can really do so much more than that. 3nodding  

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:23 am
Emm-Kaye
hirochan28

I was in a regular art course once, and this woman walked in wearing a robe, took it off & posed (discreetly) nude on a table. We hadn't been warned that this was going to happen - shocked doesn't even begin to cover it.
We all just sat there for a while, till the prof finally came in & said "You're supposed to be doing a nude drawing today"

Wah hahaha, I think I would burst out laughing if that happened to me rofl  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:52 pm
hirochan28
Hardcore Uvula

It's like regular architecture, but you design the landscape instead of the buildings themselves. For example, what I want to do specifically, is design city layouts (urban planning), like where streets, buildings, parks, etc. go in the city. You deal with things like drainage problems, creating green spaces, preserving wildlife/preventing destruction of the natural area, and stuff like that. Most people think that landscape architects just design landscaping in people's yards, but you can really do so much more than that. 3nodding

That's so cool!  

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:29 pm
Eh heh, so I guess I'm the new kid on the block. Most folks call me Sugar, Sugah, or Suga, depending on personal preference. I wish I could say I'm into some of these seemingly-complex things y'all seem to be into, but I stick to my nice, safe cross-stitching. xd

I'm currently working on a baby quilt for a cousin. Started it in September, got interrupted when my uncle moved his wedding up, and have resumed work since the wedding was postponed again. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:48 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Eh heh, so I guess I'm the new kid on the block. Most folks call me Sugar, Sugah, or Suga, depending on personal preference. I wish I could say I'm into some of these seemingly-complex things y'all seem to be into, but I stick to my nice, safe cross-stitching. xd

I'm currently working on a baby quilt for a cousin. Started it in September, got interrupted when my uncle moved his wedding up, and have resumed work since the wedding was postponed again. sweatdrop

Welcome, Sugar! I cross stitch as well. I have a framed one of two angels that I did years ago, and keep thinking about getting back into it again - just wish there were more hours in the day, or that I had more hands, so I could do more things.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

Welcome, Sugar! I cross stitch as well. I have a framed one of two angels that I did years ago, and keep thinking about getting back into it again - just wish there were more hours in the day, or that I had more hands, so I could do more things.

Yeah...I've never actually finished anything, so this'll be a first for me. I've been into knitting in the past, as well, but I more or less got tired of it for the time being. Maybe someday I'll finish the ginormous blanket I started. xD

That's about the limit of my crafting expertise though.  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff