Bend over and grab your ankles! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who is intrested in the game?
  ME ME ME ME ME!
  only if we can get someone to host a server
  nah i'll play minecraft its endless gameplay.
  INDIE GAME SSUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!
  i'm getting it. then shooting the voters above me.
View Results

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 pm
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
The Eleventh AK
Xilo The Odd
the only thing i'm ever bashing about minecraft is these two things:

the dev is very lazy about getting regular updates out there

the dev is very stubborn about using java when there are plenty of better programming languages for games.

other than that i'm fine with minecraft and the idea of it, i just want him to mkae it look like hes putting more effort into it. a update every month on a game that isn't "complete" is kinda rediculous. especially if he wants to make a living off the game industry.

oh shut the ******** up. an update a month is way more than most games. especially indie games. the only game I can even think of that updates that often is TF2. That's ONE GAME. Minecraft... not... being TF2... is not a flaw in Minecraft. I don't even get why you guys keep comparing it to that, they have literally nothing to do with eachother.
if you had taken any kind of computer programming class like i have, you'd understand, 3-d gaming is NOT a good thing to do in javascript, java is meant of 2-d games and flashy web pages at best, its the reason he keeps having so many issues with adding stuff into the game and it having bugs everytime. dont defend what you dont fully know. if notch learned XNA or C++ or C# instead of javascript we could be having a very different, very awesome minecraft universe already.

You don't know how to build a computer from scratch, so you can't any opinions on any computers or anything to do with them.
i built the second computer i owned. its the same computer thats going to be the server. once of course blue can get some working dedicated software made

@ david: i never said you can't have an opinion due to lack of knowledge, and i disagree i'm not a tool because i know more on the subject of the game, i just have a understanding of the subject others might not. i do apologize for the talking down but my point stands, if he used a different programming language less bugs would occur each day he updates. this in turn would mean less going over what hes done already to make it work right and more new content flowing into the game. but hes using instead a code language thats been used for only one other 3-d game thats been successful, and thats runescape, and that took 10 years to get where they are now. and its not even that advanced compared to what notch wants to do.

You said not to talk about something I hadn't taken a course on, so yeaaaaahhhh you pretty much said I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion.

and like i said if he likes using java then he can ******** use java, it's his game
i might not know how to program in java but from what I've seen the game works perfectly fine for a beta.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:19 am
w/e this topic has lost track and purpose. i will stay on the side of MC coulda been done better from the start if a diff coding language was used than javascript because of what i know.

requsting lock so we can end ugly internet.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:07 pm
Locking it at this point would probably serve no purpose. Let's just try to keep it calm from now on.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:33 pm
I hope I wasn't coming across too assholish, I just wanted to convey that I thought that was ******** bullshit  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 am
At this point, it's like this:

Xilo, make a game better than minecraft using C++ and we'll believe you.
Also, update it daily.
kthx  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:22 pm
Kuzodav

Also, update it daily.
kthx

kuzo, i dont have to make a better game to prove my point, seeing the languages side by side i just know, but apparently no one here gets that.  

Xilo The Odd

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:25 pm
Xilo is the one  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:27 pm
The Eleventh AK
Xilo is the one
it took me a minute to get that. lol  

Xilo The Odd

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:51 pm
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav

Also, update it daily.
kthx

kuzo, i dont have to make a better game to prove my point, seeing the languages side by side i just know, but apparently no one here gets that.

No, Xilo. It's about execution.

Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance is which came out on the ps2 better than Dark Kingdom which came out on the ps3. Both have similar characteristics, but one is clearly better, despite not having the advantages of the ps3.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:00 pm
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav

Also, update it daily.
kthx

Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance is which came out on the ps2 better than Dark Kingdom which came out on the ps3. Both have similar characteristics, but one is clearly better, despite not having the advantages of the ps3.
but those are two different games aren't they?  

Xilo The Odd

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:01 pm
It just seems to me that since Notch doesn't even know the language he'd have to waste time learning it. And wouldn't that in turn lead to LESS UPDATES? He's done an okay job fixing bugs thus far... And if you really want it in that language why don't YOU CONVERT IT? D=<
And isn't java easier to mod? I love my mods. ;__;
And I guess the first time I heard about this stuff one reason was that java is cross-platform. But yeah, I don't know s**t about programming. XD :3  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:45 pm
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav

Also, update it daily.
kthx

So are Minecraft and Terraria.

Boom.  

Kuzodav

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:17 pm
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav

Also, update it daily.
kthx

Boom.
im apparently not getting what your saying, or im not conveying my point across so i'll reconvey my point plain and simple.

i've seen both codes in action. java utilizes WAAAAYYYY too much ram for a 3-d game of its graphics quality (graphics dont matter to me, how they are processed effectivly does), so even with a system that has 4 GB of ram i'll have random spikes of lag, even using the the OpenGL mode (which shoulda been done in the first place.). games made in 3-d using C++ or C# run smoother, and efficiently.

so my point is, if notch when he picked his programming language BEFORE he learned ANY Javascript, MC, RIGHT NOW, would be done, and reletivly bug free, and it would run as smooth as a console game like super mario 64.

@ili: its true that java is cross platform, and that is nice but with how things are going these days its becoming simpler to make mac versions of everything, hell it might even run better on mac's built like a gaming PC, but real gamers game on windows xP.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:33 pm
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav

Also, update it daily.
kthx

Boom.
im apparently not getting what your saying, or im not conveying my point across so i'll reconvey my point plain and simple.

i've seen both codes in action. java utilizes WAAAAYYYY too much ram for a 3-d game of its graphics quality (graphics dont matter to me, how they are processed effectivly does), so even with a system that has 4 GB of ram i'll have random spikes of lag, even using the the OpenGL mode (which shoulda been done in the first place.). games made in 3-d using C++ or C# run smoother, and efficiently.

so my point is, if notch when he picked his programming language BEFORE he learned ANY Javascript, MC, RIGHT NOW, would be done, and reletivly bug free, and it would run as smooth as a console game like super mario 64.

@ili: its true that java is cross platform, and that is nice but with how things are going these days its becoming simpler to make mac versions of everything, hell it might even run better on mac's built like a gaming PC, but real gamers game on windows xP.

If your computer can't run minecraft, it must be shitty.  

Kuzodav

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 pm
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav
Xilo The Odd
Kuzodav

Boom.

If your computer can't run minecraft, it must be shitty.
i can run portal 2 just fine, i think that says something. its the game, its how he programmed the graphics to be handeled, he did it in a way that is not efficient by normal games standards, i'm not saying he should be an excellent programmer or not program at all, im saying what hes done in the past year is update world bugs like holes in the bottom of the world or liquid mechanics rather than make the game work better graphically. as for content, i'd like some new mobs maybe? zombie pigmen and wraiths were the last updated mobs, one is a pacifist and the other is just annoying. maybe add like, some specters, or something, and mabe make other weapons besides, sword and bow. make fighting things fun not im jsut standing here swinging my sword till i hit something.

terraria already has, flintlocks, muskets, and handguns, and thats on the day of release.

im done fighting this. im not playing minecraft no more till notch says, its done. i'm done critisizing a game apparently i know little about according to all my friends here in the cult, and i'm done with arguing about how a game with a good idea could be better if a little more effort was put forth to make it a great game.

as for the terraria server, you all apparently like MC more so it prolly wont happen, i'll host it for my irl friends instead.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff