Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Howdy! What ya doin'? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

want so gold?
  Sure
  Maybe later
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 am
I liked both new links, and completely agree with MR's description of the first.

LONG LIVE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS !!!

LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:15 pm
Ummm... yeees... I think you over thought it both of you, but yeah, Moon's thoughts were pretty much the same as mine. And Dude, yes and no, freedom fighters are bad when they kill innocence, but in this case none were innocent so yes, Go freedom fighters! (for now)

Moon: That was pretty cool too! I liked it, I will have to look for that anime too, looks intriguing.

Ravinsblood666

Aged Magician

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:36 pm
Dude: Glad ya liked that last one.

Ravin: Yeah...leave it to us to over thing things. ^_~ Thank you I enjoyed it went I stumbled onto it. Yeah I picked up that anime awhile back I found it very enjoyable. It is called "Heroic Age" I found it different but interesting.

What I'm watching now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_kiFa4yfGo  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 pm
Aw, that was sad V_V  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:46 pm
I'll concede all those points, except for one. It's very clearly an anti-UN video. The imagery is obviously designed for this, very carefully tailored. The uplifting "freedom fighter" plotline is only included to make it more palatable. This is student art filmwork at its most polished, and I'm quite familiar with the half-hearted poetic flourishes this sort of work produces. The artists certainly believe in what they're trying to say, but it's still propaganda.

It's a good song, and if you ignore the obvious political bent and pay no attention to the specific imagery, the video is well-made and grabs your attention. But call a spot a spot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:04 pm
Point made.

It's still not too hard to imagine one evil person pulling the strings and manipulating everyone that's SUPPOSE to be in charge ^^;

It could happen o_O  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:32 pm
Lol, in a thriller. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:25 pm
Life can be VERY "thriller" when it wants to be x.x  

xwhateverxdudex

Ravinsblood666

Aged Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:17 am
lol, even so, this is for a good cause and it shows things that people keep over looking. It's a nice "throw in your face" type of video to people that are naive about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:27 pm
It's also useful for people that don't see, on purpose, the problems with most governments these days.

I say most due to one country that has a government that's been standing for longer then any other o_O

Can't remember the name of the place. PERHAPS PURPLE CAN HELP !!!
(hint hint)  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 pm
Now I'm watching this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0UPB7h4CU0

Purple: Um... to each their own? We are all different and will see various things simply because how we've been raised, how we think and see things, and many other reasons. And your brother has a point, after all look at some of the horrible people of the past some followed out of fear yes, some because they had no other option, but still there are those that followed willingly.

Dude: *nods* Very true, very true. After all the few that can gain power and corrupt can force or intimidate others.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:19 pm
Ooo, Trinity Blood !
I never got to see much of it, but liked what I saw ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 pm
Well, whether it's a "good cause" is a matter of opinion, but what that cause is is not.

And why do you all keep mixing UN with government? It's not the same thing. The UN was set up as a committee. It governs no one. It was meant to give countries the opportunity to work out differences without resorting to war. How is that bad? I won't say it works exactly the way it should or that it succeeds all the time, but what group does?

I can't think of one person today who doesn't realize there are problems with governments, but governments have been corrupt and problematic since the very first one. Human beings are the root problem with that. The government is not faceless, as much as it might feel like that sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:08 pm
*shrugs* I don't know they act like their own kin of government. After all they make up no fly zones and such. They handle a lot of things, but hey I could be wrong so I will bow down, I yield oh mighty leader of great knowledge. *bows low*

Actually, I'd like to disagree human's are totally the root of the problem, sure technically they are but I say the root of the problem is money. Get rid of the money and things would do better. *nods*

Dude: Yes, I own that series too it was good till ya hit the end and there was the plot twist and then wicked awesome battle and then BAM end and you're going wait what? What happened? WTF mate!? So yeah good but eh at the end but still good.

I'm now watching/listening to....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYieAfWEmr4  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:46 pm
Purple: The UN is made of representatives of many countries.
SO the majority can gang up on the minority and say:
"do this or we kick you out, take over your country, and force you to live the way we think is right"

And for every person that knows that government is corrupt,
there's one that thinks that their countries government is perfect.
(the obssessive "my country is the best in the world" people)

Besides, what'ja gunna do? Kill All Humans?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYmYbkdHCBE

MR: No money? Purple has often thought that we should go back to the barder system ^^;

LOL, like cowboy bebop, great series, lousy ending V_V

Not a bad clip.
Good song.
Nice looking anime.
I like the "magical girl transformation" scene.
(the one on Devil Hunter Yokko was better, can you say completely naked? LOL)  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff