Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Do you get it? It's in the names!!!~Update! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndrama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:35 pm
Rush_Hardroc
i'm sure everyone knows this already, but the names in japanese are puns that supposedly have something to do with the senshi's element... But what does Haruka have do with the sky? her powers involve the earth

That is a common misconception, she's actually attacking with energy that is so fierce it rips up concrete. 3nodding And flies upward.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:37 pm
Tsukiusada
the names for each country are chosen by naoko, no by the companies.

I'd like to see proof of this, because Naoko couldn't have hadthe time to talk with the companies in all the countries that SM aired in... she was busy making more mangas, and starting up work with her husband on Hunter X Hunter.  

Syndrama

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:13 pm
Luamervara
Roselite Blade
ACTUALLY you got some of the english name meanings wrong.

Amara comes from the latin verb amare, meaning "To love".

Serena is the name Selene (Macedonian moon goddess) prounounced with a Japanese accent.

I got it all from Behind the name site. << Though each name has different meanings in different parts of the world if you think about it.

*and some of the names I got from different sites.*

Also, Serena -can- be known as 'Serene' which means Calm as it is also a variation of the name.

Yeah, I ment to add that to my post about "Serene" and "Serenity" but I was being called off before I could finish typing so I posted it. ^^ I got the Amara info from my friend who is pretty much fluent in latin.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:41 pm
Roselite Blade
Luamervara
Roselite Blade
ACTUALLY you got some of the english name meanings wrong.

Amara comes from the latin verb amare, meaning "To love".

Serena is the name Selene (Macedonian moon goddess) prounounced with a Japanese accent.

I got it all from Behind the name site. << Though each name has different meanings in different parts of the world if you think about it.

*and some of the names I got from different sites.*

Also, Serena -can- be known as 'Serene' which means Calm as it is also a variation of the name.

Yeah, I ment to add that to my post about "Serene" and "Serenity" but I was being called off before I could finish typing so I posted it. ^^ I got the Amara info from my friend who is pretty much fluent in latin.

I got the Amara one from somwhere else.

x.x which seems to be wrong too.

Because on Behind the name has it as this:

AMARA

Either a short form of AMARANTA or else "bitter" from Latin amarus.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:02 pm
I also believe that 'Lita' is another version of the name 'Leda', who was one of Zeus (Jupiter)'s human lovers in Greek Mythology.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:13 am
wow. claps for hard work. nice. it's really enlightening to read that.  

Lay-San

Aspen Kitten

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:34 am
Hai, good job! Maybe the people of Dub did think after all. mrgreen

Luamervara
Michelle Kaiou: aka Michiru Kaiou

Michelle means: Like Lord a feminine version of Micheal another alternative to Michiline which means ' Who is like God?'

Added note:

Wow....I mean...wow...if she's like God...then I can die happy.

rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:17 am
wow!!! you have really studied this emo exclaim
very interesting exclaim

Solunda

ForbiddenSacrifice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:31 am
yeah i'm confused  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:08 am
~Alechsa~
Rush_Hardroc
i'm sure everyone knows this already, but the names in japanese are puns that supposedly have something to do with the senshi's element... But what does Haruka have do with the sky? her powers involve the earth

That is a common misconception, she's actually attacking with energy that is so fierce it rips up concrete. 3nodding And flies upward.

plus there's the attack "Space Sword Blaster" and "Space Turbulance" and all her "wind" likenesses to prove that she has to do w/ the sky and wind and any other name for thing floating above your head.

on a different note: i always thought they chose the name "Melvin" because it's a nerdy sounding name and Umino is, well, um...nerdy. rather than labeling as a "mill worker"

the same w/ Molly. Naru is a pretty average name, so Molly would be a nice equivilant.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Mystifying Social Disease

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:30 am
oh i get it now. i was totally confused about serena when i first watched the dub but it makes sense when you put it that way.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff