What DND Character are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 pm
Level seems to be determined by the last few questions... Some of you guys are either really quite old, or lied about your life experience.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:17 pm
well i picked 22 with a lot of life experience and got level 4, then to see i changed it to 88 and it said level 10.  

Xilo The Odd

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 pm
[Kegan]
Level seems to be determined by the last few questions... Some of you guys are either really quite old, or lied about your life experience.

Or maybe we have higher scores because we have a higher intake of protein.

O wait, i forgot no one can possibly be better than you at anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:15 am
The KyroFreed
It's a tie for

Neutral/Chaotic good Human Bard, 3rd Level
(21 checks for Nuetral, 21 checks for chaotic)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 16
Constitution- 17
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 16

Took it again, this time without a roleplay mindset, misread the damn thing and just jumped in before handxD

Chaotic Good Human Fighter/Ranger (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 16
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 14

So it would appear I need to play more bullet hell games and take up archery classes or something. I like my dexterity saving throws

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:58 pm
Kuzodav
[Kegan]

Good guess, thank you for playing.

The correct guess would have been that I would think it's hella funny if people lied about the score they got in a dumb internet quiz.

This isn't really something I would consider a skill. Therefor, not something one is good or bad at... Unless the skill was "Fabricating the details of my personality for an ancient myspace quiz." In which case, I think I'd get a C, maybe a C+. The red inked note at the top of my progress report would read "Lie more. I know you could if you just applied yourself."

The fact that you thought I was talking about you specifically is kinda hilarious, because I hadn't even looked at your post. Before mine. I just now noticed why you were angry after I wrote this post. I was talking about level, not ability scores(Though I guess they're somewhat related? Dunno how much.) The thought of you going through the thread and comparing your score to other people is pretty much the funniest thing I have thought about all day.

So, I guess if life was D&D you'd be a really winner.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:48 pm
D&D can bring the worst out in people. That being said, I would still love to GM a group with some of yous guyses.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 pm
I bring this up every time someone mentions online D&D, but have you ever heard of MapTools?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:27 pm
[Kegan]
Kuzodav
[Kegan]

Good guess, thank you for playing.

The correct guess would have been that I would think it's hella funny if people lied about the score they got in a dumb internet quiz.

This isn't really something I would consider a skill. Therefor, not something one is good or bad at... Unless the skill was "Fabricating the details of my personality for an ancient myspace quiz." In which case, I think I'd get a C, maybe a C+. The red inked note at the top of my progress report would read "Lie more. I know you could if you just applied yourself."

The fact that you thought I was talking about you specifically is kinda hilarious, because I hadn't even looked at your post. Before mine. I just now noticed why you were angry after I wrote this post. I was talking about level, not ability scores(Though I guess they're somewhat related? Dunno how much.) The thought of you going through the thread and comparing your score to other people is pretty much the funniest thing I have thought about all day.

So, I guess if life was D&D you'd be a really winner.

"I actually just have my brother make a build for me and I just roll with it. So I do win, but in a "My brother is a d&d nerd and i reap the rewards". That being said in a Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 way, not actually d&d."

-Sean  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:38 pm
[Kegan]
I bring this up every time someone mentions online D&D, but have you ever heard of MapTools?
I've been reading tutorials on it.

Sersly we should have a d&d group going.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:42 pm
I made this bard character a while ago who I never got to really use. I'm itching to play my quarter gnome (He's just a really short dark eyed human)  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 pm
I'd be more interested in playing Pathfinder, which is pretty much D&D 3.75. D&D 4e kinda blows and I don't have any other editions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 pm
Everyone tells me 4e blows, but very few people can tell me why. I find it's pretty easy to pick up and play 4E

And it's probably just because I was much younger last time I played 3.5, but creating characters and leveling them just feels infinitely more easy in 4E.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:11 pm
[Kegan]
Everyone tells me 4e blows, but very few people can tell me why. I find it's pretty easy to pick up and play 4E

And it's probably just because I was much younger last time I played 3.5, but creating characters and leveling them just feels infinitely more easy in 4E.
They've done their best to make sure everything is balanced, and it definitely is. However, it's so balanced it's pretty much impossible to tell classes apart from each other, other than "he's the tank, he's the heals." Sure it's easy, but it's way too easy. Reading over Pathfinder, I find it's not complicated, believe me. The idea of trying to memorize how many spells of each level you know and how many of those spells you can cast per day seems daunting, but it's really not. Plus in Pathfinder, each class feels super unique. A barbarian is nothing like a fighter is nothing like a paladin.

Also, when 4e first came out, there were some classes and races that were missing in action. Like half-orc or gnomes. There were no monks, barbarians, bards, druids or sorcerers. I guess I could deal with that, but they instead included races like Eladrin (fancy elves), Tieflings (...okay really?) and HALF-DRAGONS (LMAO ARE YOU ******** SERIOUS BROSEPH!?). I understand that you can just prohibit the use of certain races and such, but the idea that they made those races standard. Plus if you wanted your classic races and classes, you have to go out and purchase the other two player manuals. I hate when I feel like I'm forced to grab additional material for things that should have been included in the base manual.

There's other things like the shortening of the skills list, and the inclusion of the "let's let the dice do the RPing" Skill Challenges. There's also the whole thing with the game being very dissimilar to D&D. I understand that change and evolution is great, but they really made massive, and arguably awful decisions that change the game SO much that it's unrecognizable. Again, that would be great, but you end up feeling like the game is RPing for you and your class plays like everyone else. It's pen and paper WoW.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 pm
Let's go back to good old Advanced D&D with the fighting-man, the cleric and the magic-user.

The argument for the classes being so similar in their basics was that basically each class gets like it's own handful of archetypes, everyone could be different even if you had dozens of players, but the party would be just fine with as few as 3.

As for some classes not making it in the original handbook, eh, yeah. I kinda feel like they were trying to go for more money their, simple as that. but I don't buy the handbooks, because I'm a no good dirty scoundrel. I mean, if you want a race in your campaign bad enough, you can make up the stats!  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:42 pm
Not sure what you mean, but the mechanics for each class is identical. They all have 3 kinds of powers: at-will powers, encounter powers and daily powers. They're all received in the same way, and they're all deployed in the same way. There are no spells in the game. Wizards and sorcerers do not cast spells. They use powers. They are managed and utilized in the same exact manner as a fighter's powers. I'm sorry but that's borderline sacrilege.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff