Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Monkey King Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hip2b^2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:59 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Yasuragi-chan
yalie5

oh i know him!! don't know his name, but he does a lot of movies and he's really funny. 3nodding

Dicky Cheung!!

I got so excited when I saw this topic! I love Journey to the West, it's one of my favorite old chinese folk stories/myths/legends or whatever it should be called. I also like the manga Saiyuki 3nodding Anyone read that?

OMG!! SAIYUKI!! gojyo, and sano, and goku and hakkai>.< they're so cool!! lol. anyways his name is Dicky? lol. and i saw the beginning of the new version of journey to the west, it was cute, and funny, then it just got weird and scary and stuff like that. Hm... it seems that journey to the west is the main story and the monkey is just the back stories... like there's one with the pig, but i haven't seen the one with the water sprite. (the pig married his cousing O.o or maybe i'm just confusing it with something else.)
Ah Saiyuki. I've downloaded all the episodes of the anime, but so far I've only watched the first episode. xd

i saw all of reloaded, it was good... i'm looking for eps. 3 of gunlock xd

I actually don't want to watch it, I heard the animation was pretty bad. I'm just gonna stick to the manga for now 3nodding The artwork is so pretty. Is there an anime for the Gaiden series for Saiyuki?
Oh and has anyone seen the movie? Or maybe there isn't a movie.. I don't know confused sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:22 am
Ah, the Journey to the West series with Dicky Cheung...yeah that may have been the greatest but my favourite Monkey King Series was the one starring Liu Xiao Ling as Monkey, Xu Shaohua (Tripitaka), Ma De Hua (Pigsy), and Yan Huai Li (Sandy). Made in 1986, it was the TV show I watched constantly as I child.

I never got to watch a lot of the Dicky Cheung series, so obviously I'm not as much of a fan of it as all of you are.  

Minielf

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:17 am
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
Just saw this randomly..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4715788.stm

It is on-topic, I promise.
If it gets shown by the BBC then that would be pretty cool. They never show any anime or asian stuff really. A few of my friends and I actually emailed all the terrestrial channel companies urging them to put more anime on tv - only channel 4 replied. sweatdrop

rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:27 pm
Oh yeah! I remember that! I saw the cartoon version though.  

S a k r a n

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:03 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
Just saw this randomly..

If it gets shown by the BBC then that would be pretty cool. They never show any anime or asian stuff really. A few of my friends and I actually emailed all the terrestrial channel companies urging them to put more anime on tv - only channel 4 replied. sweatdrop

rofl

OMG, they're going to remake the original Monkey series?!! eek I'm definitely going to buy the DVDs of it when they do come out. I do hope it gets shown in Australia on SBS.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:34 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
Just saw this randomly..

rofl

what did they say?  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:41 pm
yalie5
Niphredil Ithilmir
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
Just saw this randomly..

rofl

what did they say?
I actually still have the original email, here it is~

Dear Sir/Madam,

I think that there is not enough anime (japanese animation) on British TV nowadays. Myself and many of my friends think that it would be a good move if Channel 4 were to start broadcasting anime. One of the reasons why your television station should start showing anime is because anime has been getting more and more popular in Britain over the past few years. It is popular because it is appealing to children, teenagers and adults. If you were to search for any anime on the internet, such as 'Full Metal Alchemist', then you would most likely find that there are many fansites set up dedicated to each series, showing how popular anime is, all over the world.
Furthermore, no other TV channels on terrestrial are currently broadcasting anime, meaning that your TV channel would become the sole purveyor of anime on terrestrial. I know that there is a large demand for anime on television as many channels on the SKY network, such as Cartoon Network, have started showing anime and this large demand has also prompted the creation of the Anime Network which shows only anime 24/7.

So if you would please consider broadcasting anime in the future, myself and the whole nation full of anime-lovers would be very satisfied.

Thanks for your time, Will Chau.

And the reply is as follows~

Hi Will,

Thank you for your email. Apologies for the delay in responding.

There are no plans at present to show any more anime however I have logged your request andpassed it on to our scheduling department.

Thank you for taking the time to write to Channel 4.

Kind Regards
Rosie Sieber
Information Officer

As in, screw you, kid. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:37 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Niphredil Ithilmir
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
Just saw this randomly..

rofl

what did they say?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I think that there is not enough anime (japanese animation) on British TV nowadays. Myself and many of my friends think that it would be a good move if Channel 4 were to start broadcasting anime. One of the reasons why your television station should start showing anime is because anime has been getting more and more popular in Britain over the past few years. It is popular because it is appealing to children, teenagers and adults. If you were to search for any anime on the internet, such as 'Full Metal Alchemist', then you would most likely find that there are many fansites set up dedicated to each series, showing how popular anime is, all over the world.
Furthermore, no other TV channels on terrestrial are currently broadcasting anime, meaning that your TV channel would become the sole purveyor of anime on terrestrial. I know that there is a large demand for anime on television as many channels on the SKY network, such as Cartoon Network, have started showing anime and this large demand has also prompted the creation of the Anime Network which shows only anime 24/7.

So if you would please consider broadcasting anime in the future, myself and the whole nation full of anime-lovers would be very satisfied.

Hi Will,

There are no plans at present to show any more anime however I have logged your request andpassed it on to our scheduling department.

Kind Regards
Rosie Sieber
Information Officer

you should've written: show anime or i'll bomb your building!!!!  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:25 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Niphredil Ithilmir
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
Just saw this randomly..

rofl

what did they say?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi Will,

Kind Regards
Rosie Sieber
Information Officer

you should've written: show anime or i'll bomb your building!!!!

Then they wouldn't have replied at all! It was a persuasive email, not a death threat! xD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:19 am
Couldn't download the song.
Didn't work

Raioga

[Monchhichi]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:21 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Journey to the west, Monkey King, it's all the same <33

Sun Wu Kong, in Chinese, I think.. not sure though sweatdrop

I saw the cartoon version..

theres a cartoon version?! never knew!!!

xXHotBabiBluXx
Raioga
Does anyone of you have the song to the monkey king? It is called ''Bai Long Ma'' I think.

It goes similiar to this:
Bai long ma, di xiao qi
tou shang...zai
di hui qu jing bu rong yi, rong yi geng bu zhe dang ye qi.
(It must be completely wrong, but sounds similiar. I forgot the lyrics.)

Can you get me the lyrics and the song?

You can download the song on LimeWire, its sang by Andy Lau and Dicky Cheung. 3nodding

hmm,,,i can never seem to get any chinese songs from limewire...dats why i only use it for english...has anyone ever heard of winmx?? it use to be a chinese program for songs...but its deleted now...

oh nd,,,has anyone watched the version with Twins? heres a pic of ah gill...

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:28 am
yes i have seen the Monkey Kings new series with Twins in it, i saw that ages ago like 2 years question
And you can download chinese music from limewire 3nodding
all you have to do is type in the english names and their song in english its simple 3nodding or you can type in cantonese/mandirin/chinese into the language box on limewire
i downloaded lots of chinese songs already from limewire mrgreen

` T a p i o c a `

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:31 am
7Sapphire8Dragon9
yes i have seen the Monkey Kings new series with Twins in it, i saw that ages ago like 2 years question
all you have to do is type in the english names and their song in english its simple 3nodding or you can type in cantonese/mandirin/chinese into the language box on limewire

Ditto. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:32 am
7Sapphire8Dragon9
Yep it does work. I used it to get that Monkey King intro song by Benny Chan and I just typed in 'Journey to the West' in the search bar. 3nodding A very nice program.
Right now I'm actually downloading This Love by Maroon 5. ninja  

Tokioka

[Monchhichi]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:19 pm
7Sapphire8Dragon9

yea the one with twins is pretty old now...i've tried typing Joey Yung into the artist part...but nothing poped up...guess i hav to try again...  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff