Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
What did you do this summer? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toxic Pepper
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:59 pm
Vuos
Where to start... where to start... Well, I colored a pink balloon green, and then recolored it pink, almost got hit by a car, jumped off a bridge, played on some rocks, slid down a waterfall, lost my glasses in 6 foot deep 10 degree water, went camping in a thunderstorm with my laptop in a tent without a cover, rode an ATV off of a two story roof, got moderate hypothermia, wrote a book, experienced a hurricane, heard about other people experiencing an earthquake, ate some chicken noodle soup, went to a Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance concert, celebrated my puppy's first birthday, got my driver's permit, climbed two mountains, loved, lost, loved again, went to Olive Garden, played some Guitar Hero, bought some pants, watched the movie Rent six times, and put a flash drive on a necklace.

Now, on the second day of summer...

I love MCR! (:  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 pm
CocoaXP
Did numerous things such as Six Flags, DisneyLand, visited home and drank margarita's with my grandma LOL
And...worked...thats pretty much it mrgreen

When did you go to DisneyLand? I went on June 18th and it was pretty packed...  

Toxic Pepper
Captain

falling _angel211

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 pm
well this summer i went to Texas and i live in California and we drove to Texas it was long but the funny part is my 3 year old brother had to go to that bathroom but there was no place to stop to use the restroom and we had water bottle that was empty and so we all had the same idea so he told him to pee in the bottle and that officially made it a trip! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 pm
Toxic Pepper
Vuos
Where to start... where to start... Well, I colored a pink balloon green, and then recolored it pink, almost got hit by a car, jumped off a bridge, played on some rocks, slid down a waterfall, lost my glasses in 6 foot deep 10 degree water, went camping in a thunderstorm with my laptop in a tent without a cover, rode an ATV off of a two story roof, got moderate hypothermia, wrote a book, experienced a hurricane, heard about other people experiencing an earthquake, ate some chicken noodle soup, went to a Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance concert, celebrated my puppy's first birthday, got my driver's permit, climbed two mountains, loved, lost, loved again, went to Olive Garden, played some Guitar Hero, bought some pants, watched the movie Rent six times, and put a flash drive on a necklace.

Now, on the second day of summer...

I love MCR! (:

I know they are AMAZING! heart For some reason they were just the opening act of Blink-182, even though they seem way more famous, however at the concert, the drummer from Blink-182 was put on a platform that floated over the crowd, so that was pretty cool.  

Vuos

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

5,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

-luvvchocoandwine-

Hygienic Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Hiss of Love 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 pm
Toxic Pepper
CocoaXP
Did numerous things such as Six Flags, DisneyLand, visited home and drank margarita's with my grandma LOL
And...worked...thats pretty much it mrgreen

When did you go to DisneyLand? I went on June 18th and it was pretty packed...

I went like the 2nd week of July! It was packed then too! But I got through the handicap section cuz my cousin was in a wheelchair so I got on most of the rides first mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 pm
I graduated from college with my Bachelors degree and spent my summer looking for work that I could do. Its proving more challenging than organic chemistry  

Oriole Lyric

Dabbler

Lady Lullaby Melody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 pm
my friends and i have been going Rocky Horror Picture Show midnight showings and having all night parties afterwards and today we just got back from celebrating Freddy For A Day to celebrate Freddy Mercury's birthday and rise awareness for HIV and AIDS
it was fun we dressed up like him with fake mustaches and walked around the hermosa fair and we got some people to take pictures with us and answered curious questions
and the looks were priceless!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 pm
Oriole Lyric
I graduated from college with my Bachelors degree and spent my summer looking for work that I could do. Its proving more challenging than organic chemistry

Wow I'm starting my 4rth yr in College! How long did it take you to graduate? I'm not looking forward to it too much xd  

-luvvchocoandwine-

Hygienic Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Hiss of Love 200

Addison_of_the_black_note

7,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 pm
He's a prince there's no denying it...

Lets see. This summer I:
moved cross country with my mother and little bros.
Went down to California to visit my Papa and Mama, and all my uncles and aunt.
got lost in Arizona and missed a flight.
Had to go back up to California.
Went to Las Vegas and looked at stuff.
Baby sat my brothers and cousins once i got home.
Flew up to Washington to move in for school.
Restarted my Pokemon car collect and Naruto card collection (sense my parents are mean and threw my old ones out)
Played a s**t ton of video games
went over to Yakima with my friend and his parents and grandparents just for lunch.
I also started re watching the Dragonball trinity and Naruto/Naruto shippuden.

so I had a busy summer.
NOW ONWARD FOR A BUSY SCHOOL YEAR!!!

...and he's the only prince that's stolen my heart

VEGETA
Prince of the Saiyans
And my heart

CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric

Wow I'm starting my 4rth yr in College! How long did it take you to graduate? I'm not looking forward to it too much xd

4 short years. I graduated with a Bachelors of Science, in General Biology.

My greatest advice to ANYONE who is IN COLLEGE, is SPECIFY & SPECIALIZE. <= it will help you as a college graduate (or whatever the proper term for someone who has a BS) and Grad school.

If you're only going for a some kind of "general degree" you're not going to get anywhere, for certain. And if you're going for research or anything that involves being involved, which is everything these days, you better have the TECHNIQUES down or experienced. For example, if you're going for science, you better have gotten some kind of internship that gave you actual laboratory skills, and not just analytical skills, or cleaning skills, or simple manual grunt work. And by Laboratory skills I mean actual lab techniques like proper use and knowledge of micropipette, making + running gels, and all that what not, just just data entry.

Because I've only been out since May and I have realized from much searching, the Bachelor, does not really have a title.

There's:
Undergraduate: didn't get bachelors yet
"___________": got the bachelors
Graduate: got bachelors getting or obtained a masters
Post Graduate: got the masters
PhD student: got the masters and going for PhD

And with this day economy people should be going to a technical school than a university. >I Because no one is looking for 'fresh off the presses' everyone is looking for "At least 2-3 years of experience" and meaning full on experience not just 'dabble work'.

So if you're general or you don't have a set place of where you are going, I would stay an extra year to SPECIALIZE and get some real ground working skills.  

Oriole Lyric

Dabbler

-8Deleting Soon8-

Dangerous Lunatic

5,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
tried to think about the meaning of life but ended up killing a beetle  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:52 pm
Oriole Lyric
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric

My greatest advice to ANYONE who is IN COLLEGE, is SPECIFY & SPECIALIZE. <= it will help you as a college graduate (or whatever the proper term for someone who has a BS) and Grad school.

If you're only going for a some kind of "general degree" you're not going to get anywhere, for certain. And if you're going for research or anything that involves being involved, which is everything these days, you better have the TECHNIQUES down or experienced. For example, if you're going for science, you better have gotten some kind of internship that gave you actual laboratory skills, and not just analytical skills, or cleaning skills, or simple manual grunt work. And by Laboratory skills I mean actual lab techniques like proper use and knowledge of micropipette, making + running gels, and all that what not, just just data entry.

Because I've only been out since May and I have realized from much searching, the Bachelor, does not really have a title.

There's:

And with this day economy people should be going to a technical school than a university. >I Because no one is looking for 'fresh off the presses' everyone is looking for "At least 2-3 years of experience" and meaning full on experience not just 'dabble work'.

So if you're general or you don't have a set place of where you are going, I would stay an extra year to SPECIALIZE and get some real ground working skills.

Yeah I'm attending a Cal State School, but I receive financial aid so I think i should be good cuz I think i might be a 5th yr, cuz I'm honestly not ready to go out into the field! I'm an Applied Computer graphics major so I need as much experience as possible  

-luvvchocoandwine-

Hygienic Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Hiss of Love 200

Oriole Lyric

Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:55 pm
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric

Oh and I totally forgot, if you're not planning to go to Grad school yet, then jump into the career center. CAREER CENTER

no one ever goes in there. Only the 'haughty kids do' WRONG.

You go in, you tell them "Hey, I'm graduating soon, can you give me some pointers to write a proper resume for a career/internship? And "this" is my major, is there an adviser who specializes in this department and can give me an idea of the market?" biggrin

A big pointer is that its likely you won't get a job, but free labor is always being sought after, so employers LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE "unpaid internships" over "paid internships" and even more rarely "entry level positions" Most "unpaid internships" Are reserved for undergraduates who are still going for college credit, so if you haven't done so, jump on that NOW, you will qualify.

If not then you'll be stuck with the titles of "Paid internships" "Entry Level" and "volunteer"- volunteer isn't that bad depending what you're doing but most of the time you don't feel like you're being compensated for the work you're doing. Paid internships, are very hard to find and very competitive, and require a deal of confidence to write them a cover letter or the 'essay' of why you should be the chosen candidate.

If you're desperate, you can always ask someone for a "volunteer Internship" which 9-9 sounds sounds better than 'paid internship' to the employer, and it sounds better than 'volunteer' to you. aka (You make an internship if you can't find one)

And to top it off, I still have not found out how to manage the "when can you start" question on applications for part time work when I have a volunteer internship, and quasi PT job I have that I have. :I  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:56 pm
xd xd I got my permit and DRIVER'S LISENCE! xd xd  

Lady_Kohaku08

Angelic Vampire

23,725 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Oriole Lyric

Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 pm
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric

There's:

Yeah I'm attending a Cal State School, but I receive financial aid so I think i should be good cuz I think i might be a 5th yr, cuz I'm honestly not ready to go out into the field! I'm an Applied Computer graphics major so I need as much experience as possible

Oh ho, yeah you neeeeeeed that experience. ANYTHING is good for an internship. Last time I heard Hulu was hiring employees and internships, so you should take a peek, and maybe toss an email over asking if they they have an internship program and if they would desire your 'developing skills'  
The Random Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff