Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 pm
Tambrey found herself biting her lip at the imagery of Odin discovering an abandoned Loki and declaring 'finders keepers'; she didn't want to embarrass herself by laughing out loud at something, but it was kind of a fun image lending itself to Odin being some hoarder of random what-ever he found about the place.

The talk was getting interestingly 'deep'.
"Maybe the reuniting thing was like... his first plan and he kind 'f changed his mind or backed out of it over time? Or... uh... I guess really quickly, actually... I don't think this is making much sense either."

She was enjoying the film though, and being with the two of them. It was nice, watching a film, with company. Almost felt 'normal', she assumed; it was difficult to know what 'normal' was supposed to be like now.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:45 pm
The conversation had distracted Rory's attention from the movie; not that it was a bad thing. He was enjoying the conversation with Xander and the anecdotes added in by Tambrey. It was nice to be able to sit around with friends, enjoying one of his favorite movies. By the time he tuned back into the movie, the characters were invading the secret (or not-so-secret) base.

He stayed quiet with the occasional crunch of the popcorn until the man on the screen attempted to lift the hammer from the stone it was embedded in. "Sorry, man, you haven't learned anything yet. No god powers for you just yet."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:05 pm
"Dunno. I wonder if the comics ever gave more information on Odin's thoughts on that." The blond said with a glance to Tambrey. "Because it was different in the myths then the comics and the comics would have a closer relationship with the movie. Theoretically." There was always some exceptions after all.

Xander let out a snicker at Rory's comment to Thor. "Can we even say he learned enough later on? I mean this all took place in what, two, three days tops?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:02 pm
"Huh." Tambrey listened, then grinned and couldn't help remarking on the scene after the two had commented.
"It kind of reminds me of the kind of thing Arthurian adaptations do with the sword in the stone... The whole 'have to be worthy' thing, an' all." The grunt considered for a moment. "I bet if this was based on anything real, that hammer, or that sword, would totally be a pokémon of some kind..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:30 pm
"I don't think so, at least not the ones I read...but it's been a while since I read any of them." The grunt shrugged, "Probably not. There's no way he could have been 'worthy' after all that but then..."

Rory shrugged once again before biting back an impressed grin when Tambrey mentioned the similarities between the Norse and Arthurian legends but kept his attention on the film as it played out on the screen.

"Probably. A sword pokemon would be awesome," he commented, "and so much easier to take into battle than the real thing."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:13 pm
Xander chuckled and nodded. "It does seem similar huh? But if Thor was like Arthur, who would be like Merlin and Morgana?" He asked Tambrey, half joking, half wondering now that he brought it up. "Or an item that could summon a powerful pokemon." He said with a nod.

He looked over at Rory then back to the tv. "Yeah, I didn't think they would explain it." He watched as Loki came to talk with Thor. "Wonder if Loki even thought that telling Thor their father was dead would come back to bite him in the rear."  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:01 pm
She honestly wasn't sure she knew the tales well enough to make total comparisons, but Tambrey ventured with what she could remember anyway.
"Well, I don't know about those... But I'm pretty sure Loki's basically Mordred, right?"

"Perhaps that's what Excalibur really was in the end, if there was such a thing? Some kind 'f pokémon and we've all just been thinking 'magic sword' for some reason or another."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:04 pm
Rory hummed to himself as he relaxed and moved to stretch his arm around the back of the sofa. "Basically...If we were comparing them, Loki would be Mordred, Thor would be Arthur, and Odin would be Uther."

He chuckled and small, excited glimmer appeared in his eyes. "That would make a much better story. Could you imagine if it was and there's still some hiding around somewhere?"  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 pm
Xander nodded. "Makes sense. I suppose Sif would be Guinevere then." Because most likely Thor's love interest in this movie wont stay with him for one reason or another.

"A sword pokemon? That would be awesome." He grinned at the thought. "But yeah, that might be it since they say myths have some truth to them."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff