Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
General opinions among us... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is Taiwan?
Seperate Country
44%
 44%  [ 17 ]
Chinese Rogue Province
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 38

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:38 pm
About countries regaining their lost land....You're correct, take examples of Hong Kong, and northern China. Those all went back to China, 'cause the north were barbarians, right, but they were sinified, or, assimilated( blaugh ) into the mainstream Chinese way.

Anyway, China probably can't afford to retain and restrict Taiwan seeing as the US has their nose in this as well. What one of the users previously suggested of having Taiwan be its own government, state, and nation, while still being an extension of greater China, was a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:10 am
i hate politics... stare  

cold_blooded_chick

yalie5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:13 pm
wiim
About countries regaining their lost land....You're correct, take examples of Hong Kong, and northern China. Those all went back to China, 'cause the north were barbarians, right, but they were sinified, or, assimilated( blaugh ) into the mainstream Chinese way.

Anyway, China probably can't afford to retain and restrict Taiwan seeing as the US has their nose in this as well. What one of the users previously suggested of having Taiwan be its own government, state, and nation, while still being an extension of greater China, was a good idea.

i agree. but not that the northerners were barbarians. we don't know that for sure. we're assimilated because our origins are basically the same no matter what other people are saying. Our cultures evolved from one another... though i still have not pin pointed where the degration of women originated.... anyway china's too busy for this... busy busy busy lol ^^. and the us is sticking our nose in just about every body's business.lol ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:48 am
yalie5
wiim

i agree. but not that the northerners were barbarians. we don't know that for sure. we're assimilated because our origins are basically the same no matter what other people are saying. Our cultures evolved from one another... though i still have not pin pointed where the degration of women originated.... anyway china's too busy for this... busy busy busy lol ^^. and the us is sticking our nose in just about every body's business.lol ^^
Yeah, I myself have no proof who the barbarians were. I was just taught by my professors that the northern nomads (Mongolians or was it Manchurians?) took over parts of China but then had to become Chinese themselves to fit in with the rest of the country. Yeah...Heh heh. sweatdrop  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:35 pm
wiim
yalie5
wiim

Yeah, I myself have no proof who the barbarians were. I was just taught by my professors that the northern nomads (Mongolians or was it Manchurians?) took over parts of China but then had to become Chinese themselves to fit in with the rest of the country. Yeah...Heh heh. sweatdrop

lol they were considered barbarians cause we don't really understand the culture. and it was the Mongolians. They were so good at being Chinese they suceeded in taking over the throne for about 300 years i think? then China was over run by the Europeans who colonized and turned China in to and opium den literally and even though the chinese government made it illegal to import opium the British still brought it in and fought a war in it's favor and as their reward they were given pockets of land and banned many chinese to the more desireable locations in their own country... and i bet you already know this stuff lol now look at what you've done i'm giving unecessary history lessons lol... i love history :heart:  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:00 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

KawaiiMistress17

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:52 am
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim

lol they were considered barbarians cause we don't really understand the culture. and it was the Mongolians. They were so good at being Chinese they suceeded in taking over the throne for about 300 years i think? then China was over run by the Europeans who colonized and turned China in to and opium den literally and even though the chinese government made it illegal to import opium the British still brought it in and fought a war in it's favor and as their reward they were given pockets of land and banned many chinese to the more desireable locations in their own country... and i bet you already know this stuff lol now look at what you've done i'm giving unecessary history lessons lol... i love history :heart:
What? I don't mind. ...Yeah, I am supposed to know this stuff, but I think I missed the majority of that patch of China's history. sweatdrop 'Sides, learning is fun. Man, you'd love my professor, Y.Chang.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:35 pm
wiim
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim

What? I don't mind. ...Yeah, I am supposed to know this stuff, but I think I missed the majority of that patch of China's history. sweatdrop 'Sides, learning is fun. Man, you'd love my professor, Y.Chang.

lol history rocks... but what sucks is that in school they censor so much. There's a lot they leave out in the text books because they think that our young minds can't take it. You should read up on china... i've been doing that for a while... lol i recommend Watching the tree, it's not exactly a history book though it is informative. And yes learning is fun ^^ i love school heart hm... i'd love your professor? depends... as long as y. chang doesn't teach math and can speak english i probably would lol.=P  

yalie5

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:01 am
still hating politics... stare  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:20 am
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim

lol history rocks... but what sucks is that in school they censor so much. There's a lot they leave out in the text books because they think that our young minds can't take it. You should read up on china... i've been doing that for a while... lol i recommend Watching the tree, it's not exactly a history book though it is informative. And yes learning is fun ^^ i love school heart hm... i'd love your professor? depends... as long as y. chang doesn't teach math and can speak english i probably would lol.=P
Oh he's an East Asian buff. He can speak English, Shanghainese, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese. He doesn't know Korean yet though. No math for him, he even admitted about how he's a historian, not a mathematician. Heh heh.  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:40 am
wiim
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim

Oh he's an East Asian buff. He can speak English, Shanghainese, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese. He doesn't know Korean yet though. No math for him, he even admitted about how he's a historian, not a mathematician. Heh heh.

oh... okay that's good. ooo korean... i can't speak it either... lol =P i don't like math... you can spend hours trying to teach me math explaining proofs and theorems in any language you like and i'd still look at you with a blank expression on my face lol... yeah history is really cool like uncovering a mystery or somthing like that. I'd like to be an historian or an archeaoligist... or a linguist... but i'm trying for psychologist. lol =P lots of ist...=P hehe^^ i'm no mathmatecian either but i take it anyway cause it's required and i don't want to pay for it when i go to college lol. =P and the way history is like a book in front of our faces math is a puzzle with too many numbers.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:46 am
yalie5
oh... okay that's good. ooo korean... i can't speak it either... lol =P i don't like math... you can spend hours trying to teach me math explaining proofs and theorems in any language you like and i'd still look at you with a blank expression on my face lol... yeah history is really cool like uncovering a mystery or somthing like that. I'd like to be an historian or an archeaoligist... or a linguist... but i'm trying for psychologist. lol =P lots of ist...=P hehe^^ i'm no mathmatecian either but i take it anyway cause it's required and i don't want to pay for it when i go to college lol. =P and the way history is like a book in front of our faces math is a puzzle with too many numbers.

I didn't mind math very much in high school but just stopped and didn't continue in university. I'm glad since I have seen university level Calculus. confused But on the other hand, I regret dropping it altogether because math has always been so logical and rational. Now I've lost that. So yalie5, don't give up on math. It may save your life one day. ....Heh heh, in weird cases. blaugh  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:50 am
wiim
yalie5

I didn't mind math very much in high school but just stopped and didn't continue in university. I'm glad since I have seen university level Calculus. confused But on the other hand, I regret dropping it altogether because math has always been so logical and rational. Now I've lost that. So yalie5, don't give up on math. It may save your life one day. ....Heh heh, in weird cases. blaugh

*sigh* math is okay... i just don't like the test. yes it is rational. but the test have too many numbers on one page and the time limit really gets to me. I like to take hard classes (that's why i will continue taking math that an cause my mom might kill me if i didn't) why? i don't know myself. logic and rationality... hmm... yeah it's true... but too many theorems and postulates and extra vocab to memorize. lol ^^... now i'm going to be distracted thinking of all the weird cases that math could save me. lol xp  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:53 am
yalie5
wiim
yalie5

*sigh* math is okay... i just don't like the test. yes it is rational. but the test have too many numbers on one page and the time limit really gets to me. I like to take hard classes (that's why i will continue taking math that an cause my mom might kill me if i didn't) why? i don't know myself. logic and rationality... hmm... yeah it's true... but too many theorems and postulates and extra vocab to memorize. lol ^^... now i'm going to be distracted thinking of all the weird cases that math could save me. lol xp
Hm....that would be a pretty lame, but interesting thread to start. But not in here, our population is too low. I think the Chatterbox might be the best place to do that. Or, General Discussion. Yeah.... wink  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:00 pm
wiim
yalie5
wiim
yalie5

Hm....that would be a pretty lame, but interesting thread to start. But not in here, our population is too low. I think the Chatterbox might be the best place to do that. Or, General Discussion. Yeah.... wink

yeah and we're so off topic right now lol... anyways back to taiwan. did you know that china is building smaller but more effecient army? They're training to use new weapons and what not and also they're now spending alot of money on defense... almost as much as the u.s.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff