Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Creative Goldie Stuff -Novel First Draft Done: 125,366 words Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I want...
  to read Goldie's book!
  Goldie to do the Nuzlocke comic!
  BOTH OF THOSE THINGS!
  Goldie to shut up already!
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:34 pm
Tudora
Yay for getting tons done!

Out of curiosity, what genre is the book?

Is fantasy. For a quick three sentence teaser of the general plot:

A sixteen year old girl gains magical healing powers which turn out to have horrible side effects. She meets a young man with an undead curse from a legendary sword. The two of them set out to discover a way to break the man's curse and to understand the true nature of the girl's healing ability.

The 30,000 words I have written now? She still hasn't met the man with the curse yet. And that's just the first two acts. I have a total of six that I plan to write, hoping to span three books.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Tudora
Yay for getting tons done!

Out of curiosity, what genre is the book?

Is fantasy. For a quick three sentence teaser of the general plot:

A sixteen year old girl gains magical healing powers which turn out to have horrible side effects. She meets a young man with an undead curse from a legendary sword. The two of them set out to discover a way to break the man's curse and to understand the true nature of the girl's healing ability.

The 30,000 words I have written now? She still hasn't met the man with the curse yet. And that's just the first two acts. I have a total of six that I plan to write, hoping to span three books.

:0 Good luck with this! (It sounds like a really big project!)  

shappyshap

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:43 pm
shappyshap
:0 Good luck with this! (It sounds like a really big project!)

SAPPYSHAP!

/GLOMPS

It's been so long! It's good to see you! :D

And to respond to your actual post, yes, it should be pretty long...but in the end, I hope it'll be good enough to do well and, dream of dreams, turned into a movie series ala some of those other things that have come out in the last few years =P  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 pm
Quote:
SAPPYSHAP!

/GLOMPS

It's been so long! It's good to see you! :D

And to respond to your actual post, yes, it should be pretty long...but in the end, I hope it'll be good enough to do well and, dream of dreams, turned into a movie series ala some of those other things that have come out in the last few years =P

/glomps back heart

Ya it's been a long time hasn't it? ^^" And it's good to see everyone in this guild too. /waves

Oh man. If it turns into a movie that would be so cool :0 Must. Remember. To. Check. This. In. The. Future.  

shappyshap

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 pm
shappyshap
/glomps back heart

Ya it's been a long time hasn't it? ^^" And it's good to see everyone in this guild too. /waves

Oh man. If it turns into a movie that would be so cool :0 Must. Remember. To. Check. This. In. The. Future.

I hope you will be here more again~

If it gets published and marketed well...I hope that it will sell well. Once I'm done with the first Act (SHOULD be some time next week, I hope!), I'm going to spend some time revising it, then sending it to people on the guild who are awesome to give me feedback on it. Mostly the parts that they were bored reading or they thought were stupid or didn't make sense. If I can make the book INTERESTING, the chances are people who read it will like it enough to recommend it, which...well, should help the selling process.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:24 pm
Done with the first draft of Act I. Gonna revise it, then work on the scene list for Act II~  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Tudora

Omnipresent Whisperer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:49 pm
Congrats! And it sounds like it's gonna be a cool series  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:52 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I love Secret of Mana do death, but I always get stuck on like, the beginning junk. Not very good directioning in the game, IMO.

I used to write books.. until I decided they sucked and deleted them.  

Purple Hyena

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:33 pm
Thank you Tudora~ heart

Hopefully mine will not suck =3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:00 am
NEW PLAN!

After consulting with my author friend, I've decided to press on with Act II and revise the whole book after the first draft is done. Which is good in the sense that I'll be writing new stuff which is more exciting than rehashing stuff I've already written anyway.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:37 pm
Huh...been a while since I updated this. I guess I've written a fair bit. Though it's taken me...two and a half weeks as opposed to the one week that I wrote about the same amount? I need to quit slackin'!

Current progress: 51,337 words.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:38 pm
Sounds like a really cool project. biggrin  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:20 am
Whelp, ashamed to say that I haven't worked on this as much as I would have liked in the last couple of months. BUT NO MORE! I've re-upped my quota to something that I think is both manageable and not pitifully small, and I've started writing daily again. Go me.

Current progress: ~63,000 words  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 pm
GO GOLDIE, GO!  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am
Book progress has been slow, but ever since I started using Write or Die, I've been able to actually get more done in the time I'm supposed to be writing. Like...a lot more. At this rate, I might actually be done with the entire first draft in a year. Currently 77,000ish words.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff