Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:34 am
Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK
I finally made myself sit down and watch footage of The Wonderful 101. (like more than just the trailer)

The trailer doesn't do it justice. I watched it and was like "this looks kinda fun but could easily be downloadable i think????"

Then I watched some gameplay video and the ground was breakin up and there was a huuuuuuge robot and NOW I SEE
Yeah, they showed the ground breaking in the first trailer for about a second and a half but it looked so cool. Very interested in that game.

But I kinda wish Nintendo would set an example with not charging sixty bucks for EVERY game. NSMBU? Could be 40. Nintendo Land? Shouldn't be 60. But oh well. Hopefully Wii U games will drop in price faster like PS360.

Mario should be a 20 dollar eShop game but Tendo knows we'll pay 60 so they charge 60. AND SO IT WILL NEVER CHANGE  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:00 am
The Eleventh AK
Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK
I finally made myself sit down and watch footage of The Wonderful 101. (like more than just the trailer)

The trailer doesn't do it justice. I watched it and was like "this looks kinda fun but could easily be downloadable i think????"

Then I watched some gameplay video and the ground was breakin up and there was a huuuuuuge robot and NOW I SEE
Yeah, they showed the ground breaking in the first trailer for about a second and a half but it looked so cool. Very interested in that game.

But I kinda wish Nintendo would set an example with not charging sixty bucks for EVERY game. NSMBU? Could be 40. Nintendo Land? Shouldn't be 60. But oh well. Hopefully Wii U games will drop in price faster like PS360.

Mario should be a 20 dollar eShop game but Tendo knows we'll pay 60 so they charge 60. AND SO IT WILL NEVER CHANGE
I guess that's true. It's shitty, but pretty true, even though I'm not planning on getting NSMBU right away. I didn't get NSMBW either and I kinda regret NSMB2, too. I don't really see Mario games as cash-cows most of the time, but boy are the "New" series a stream of cows.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 am
I love the Wii one and 2 was better than I thought it would be, but I definitely feel like a dirty slut paying full price for a game that feels more or less the same as the previous installment. I know every game can't be Galaxy, but a bit of innovation would be nice.

NSMBWii might be my favorite though just cause the penguin suit is the coolest  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 am
Say what you want about Mario. Nintendo Land at sixty dollars is a crime. Thank god it's bundled.  

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:01 am
I mean, it's not REAAALLY 60 dollars, because you'd have to be a tard not to buy the bundle. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:23 pm
The Eleventh AK
I mean, it's not REAAALLY 60 dollars, because you'd have to be a tard not to buy the bundle. razz
Unless they had a limited supply of the deluxe bundle, hoping to get people to buy the shitty one and Nintendo Land at 60 bucks. The Wii didn't come with Wii Sports in Japan either, did it?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:56 pm
The Eleventh AK

That's what it's priced as, babycakes.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm
Waynebrizzle
The Eleventh AK

That's what it's priced as, babycakes.

But anyone who cares about it probably already pre-ordered the bundle. Fish makes a good point though. I kinda forgot about the whole supply and demand thing.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

I have a feeling the deluxe bundle will be in short supply.  
i wonder if my store will get Wiiu. i see a lot of games and peripherals but... i see a lack of most systems on our shelves. (our electronics dept isn't very big to begin with.) but if we do, i hope i can buy one from where i work.

the hunt for a wii was fun i'll admit, but its one of those things you only wanna do once.  

Xilo The Odd

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I have a feeling the deluxe bundle will be in short supply.

Considering how fast pre-orders sold out...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:59 pm
Nintendo is the most successful, the most profitable, and has been in the industry longer than anyone who's worth a s**t nowadays. Not being able to meet demands on launch is no longer cute. I guess I understand there's some sly marketing thing happening behind the scenes, but I'll be facepalming if there's some mass shortage of machines at launch.

No excuse for a repeat of the Wii fiasco.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:59 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Nintendo is the most successful, the most profitable, and has been in the industry longer than anyone who's worth a s**t nowadays. Not being able to meet demands on launch is no longer cute. I guess I understand there's some sly marketing thing happening behind the scenes, but I'll be facepalming if there's some mass shortage of machines at launch.

No excuse for a repeat of the Wii fiasco.

It's all on purpose. It makes it seem more desirable and creates artificial demand.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:37 pm
What do people think the chances are of a gamecube VC?

An enhanced virtual console would be nice. Something like an actual virtual console, like, a console you and your distant buddies could virtually play on together. Virtual multiplayer, basically. Wouldn't that be neat?

I'm sure there's enough power to run some decade old games plus have online.

Maybe you could even use the gamepad as a reaction cam to talk to octoG with. That would eat up more processor power, though.

What do you think the chances are of some companies opting out of use of the gamepad, when it's not doing anything, to deliver a stronger overall experience? Yeah, I don't see it happening either.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 pm
Omg Kegan I've wanted old games to be made playable online FOREVER. It would be so great!

I think Wayne and I spent like an entire night once trying to get a SNES emulator to allow us to play a game together across countries. Didn't work, obviously. I'm still not 100% sure if it's possible to get an emulator to work that way.

Also Gamecube VC would be rad but I have no idea what the chances are.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff