Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
It's been a week. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  </3
View Results

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:44 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

o.Ol|l

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

So you can understand why countrys outside of the US are all like gonk when they complain about thier prices?

and if we compare currencies...theirs might be stronger than ours, so it might mean nothing

"Based on conversion to gallons, and current exchange rate" Reread it, Im a nerd I always do my maths.

so one US dollar means how many of whatever their equivalent is? (a pound?)
and how much were they showing in their currency?

If you would like to do the maths, We are ~ $2.15 NZD per Litre, and England is showing on the cheap end 137.5p ($1.375GBP) per Litre.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

o.Ol|l

So you can understand why countrys outside of the US are all like gonk when they complain about thier prices?

and if we compare currencies...theirs might be stronger than ours, so it might mean nothing

"Based on conversion to gallons, and current exchange rate" Reread it, Im a nerd I always do my maths.

so one US dollar means how many of whatever their equivalent is? (a pound?)
and how much were they showing in their currency?

If you would like to do the maths, We are ~ $2.15 NZD per Litre, and England is showing on the cheap end 137.5p ($1.375GBP) per Litre.

which means that they've got a stronger currency, so they're actually paying less, so they can shut up.
actually, we all need to shut up about gas prices and just enjoy funny stuff on YouTube like the thread i (fairly) recently posted

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:52 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

which means that they've got a stronger currency, so they're actually paying less, so they can shut up.
actually, we all need to shut up about gas prices and just enjoy funny stuff on YouTube like the thread i (fairly) recently posted

I dont understand what you mean? When translated dollar for dollar and to gallons we pay ~ 55% more and England pays ~100% more. How does that make us or them stronger?

But yeah America is a extremly cheap place to live, your fast food is amazingly cheap, your grocerys and electronics and cars are amazingly cheap. Just general everything is cheap in America.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:21 pm
gdapw

But yeah America is a extremely cheap place to live-my sister is paying $600/month for a 4-room apartment
your fast food is amazingly cheap-and usually disgusting
your groceries-$300+/month?
electronics-video games, when new are almost $100, for example
cars-$20,000+ after all the interest?
Just general everything is cheap in America-not really  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm
/late hugs of love for Novii heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw

But yeah America is a extremely cheap place to live-my sister is paying $600/month for a 4-room apartment

Yeah it is

$600 for her own apartment? Here you are looking at $150 a week just to rent a room in someones house. If your looking for your own place even a one bedroom rental will be at the very least $300 a week for a really cheap place ($300 a week = $1100USD a month for a gross place).

"Last year, it determined a "basic" food bill for a man, woman, adolescent boy and girl, ranged from $274 a week in Auckland, to $263 in Christchurch"

We do grocerys every 2 weeks, and I can asure you we do not really splurge but a basic 2 week shop for us with not much meat is ~$300 (So rougly $612 USD for basics)....Though if we lived up to what the goverment expected was basic living we would be closer to $1000 a month.

Games we arent too far behind. We can still get new games for between $100 - $150USD.

Name any model of car and we can compare the US and the NZ price. But a quick compasin from my search is at least double in NZ.

If you are lucky enough to travel one day you will see it.

I may have only lived in America for ~18 months, and only 3 months or more in NJ, WI, OH, NV and CA, but I can assure you those states at least were crazy cheap compared to things back here.

So things may not seem cheap to you...until you actually look at what people are paying overseas.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:52 am
Sagebomb
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw

Yeah it is

$600 for her own apartment? Here you are looking at $150 a week just to rent a room in someones house. If your looking for your own place even a one bedroom rental will be at the very least $300 a week for a really cheap place ($300 a week = $1100USD a month for a gross place).

"Last year, it determined a "basic" food bill for a man, woman, adolescent boy and girl, ranged from $274 a week in Auckland, to $263 in Christchurch"

We do grocerys every 2 weeks, and I can asure you we do not really splurge but a basic 2 week shop for us with not much meat is ~$300 (So rougly $612 USD for basics)....Though if we lived up to what the goverment expected was basic living we would be closer to $1000 a month.

Games we arent too far behind. We can still get new games for between $100 - $150USD.

Name any model of car and we can compare the US and the NZ price. But a quick compasin from my search is at least double in NZ.

If you are lucky enough to travel one day you will see it.

I may have only lived in America for ~18 months, and only 3 months or more in NJ, WI, OH, NV and CA, but I can assure you those states at least were crazy cheap compared to things back here.

So things may not seem cheap to you...until you actually look at what people are paying overseas.

around here, $600/month for an apartment that's about 500 square feet is cheap. and they pay for cable themselves, and food, and all that fun stuff...
now, paying to be on, say, Gaia would SUCK. you can't argue that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

around here, $600/month for an apartment that's about 500 square feet is cheap. and they pay for cable themselves, and food, and all that fun stuff...
now, paying to be on, say, Gaia would SUCK. you can't argue that

Either way you look at it, even if thats a small apartment, its still more than half the price of anything (and I mean anything) here.

And the $1100USD you pay a month for a cheap place here, dosent include anything either. All utilities are extra.

Indeed, I like that people who know how to use gold, can make gold easily enough, and those who cant be bothered can just buy thier way in. It works well.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:47 am
Sagebomb

i know some things...now if only i could actually get a good high-speed internet connection...

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces