Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:09 pm
Luke continued to frown, his gaze lingering somewhere distant, filled with reluctance. If it was the same person, though, then it was to her benefit to know that sooner rather than later. Nice as the woman in question may have seemed, Luke had it from personal experience that she was downright crazy. Probably best to avoid such loaded speech, though; Abigail seemed to consider her something as a friend.

"When she approached us," he said slowly, "the first thing she tried to do was offer my friend help with his injuries." A thoughtful grimace. "It was a lot more suspicious than it sounds now, but we weren't really thinking she was anything of a bad person until there was a knife in her hand. Even then she kept talking about not wanting to hurt anyone, how she was only doing what she had to do." He paused and raised his eyes. "I'm not trying to say it's definitely the same person or anything, but... just don't dismiss the possibility." He didn't really like the idea that that crazy chick could be out there stealing even more pokemon, and he liked even less the idea that she might warm up to someone just to pull one over on them more easily.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 am
The ex-breeder listened carefully to his words, a worried, perplexed frown on her face as she tried to comprehend things. It just seemed like such an impossibility that Arcadie, of all people, could be in Team Rocket. Arcadie, une princesse de arc-en-ciel. She couldn't believe it. "Oh, mon dieu," she murmured softly as she raised a hand to her face. A knife. She'd pulled a knife on Luke and his friend.

And then the thoughts and ideas they'd expressed just moments earlier drifted back into her mind. Good people in bad situations. Doing what she had to do. Maybe it was possible she was in Team Rocket...? "I won't," she replied softly. Oh, no, she couldn't dismiss the possibility even if she tried, because the doubt of Arcadie's innocence would linger forever. No, she couldn't dismiss it or forget it. She sighed again, still frowning perplexedly, though she attempted to change it into a smile for Luke. It didn't work too well. "Thank you for telling me."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:40 am
Luke didn't return her smile; it felt to rude to force one that was any less than sincere. This wasn't something anyone ever wanted to hear. He remembered learning that the Rocket Asch was his brother, or Dith's explanation of his discovery that his friend was amidst the criminals. "Sorry," he said. "For what it's worth, she could be a perfectly decent person for all I know." Well, not for all he knew. For all he knew, she was a nutcase, but that just didn't seem like something Abigail would want to hear about the girl.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:49 am
Abigail lowered her gaze again with a sigh, trying to think things through. Despite how long they'd talked about it and how long she'd had to wrap her head around it, she still couldn't fully. It still seemed too impossible. "Well, thank you."

She glanced at the Mew again and raised a hand to scratch its head. Doing so seemed to suddenly remind her of something, and she focused on Luke again. "I'm glad you found your--" she almost said Espeon, "-- Mew. I just remembered that I was going somewhere," not that she could remember where that was exactly now, "so I should probably get going." Abigail hesitated briefly before adding, "I hope you get Mieu back." She didn't say 'soon' because 'soon' didn't even occur to her as a possibility. It had been years since Nessa had been stolen, after all, and she held little hope for ever seeing the poor Lopunny again.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 am
Ah. It had occurred to him before that she was probably busy doing something - most people who were walking through the city were - but he had forgotten the notion through the course of conversation. "Sorry for holding you up," he said, watching the Mew enjoy the contact a while longer before it sensed the direction of conversation and returned to his side. "Thanks for your help." 'I hope things work out with your friend' was at his lips when he decided against it; the direction of the situation fell to Abigail now, right down to whether or not she even decided to confront the individual in question. He also sort of hoped things didn't work out, out of the pervasive concern that she would just end up tricked in the end. He wasn't expecting the words that Abigail offered in parting, and he blinked in slight surprise before responding with a somewhat reluctant, "Thanks." Hope still seemed a little far off. An acknowledging nod sufficed as a farewell as he turned to move back towards the city thoroughfare, the Mew beside him vanishing from view out of habitual cautiousness.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:25 am
When he had apologized and thanked her, she offered the proper gestures to first dismiss the apology and accept his thanks, but didn't say anything in return. There wasn't much to say, anyway, and when he turned to leave she did so as well, heading in the opposite direction. She certainly had a great deal to think about now.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out