Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 pm
(Seraphine)

Pumkin moved the waving hand from the air, to rub it over the side of the pumpkin head. Looking bashful for a moment before kicking her feet and pointing to herself, followed with her hands moving up for form a heart shape with her fingers.
"Seraphine" Rosie said, behind the muffled helmet. "You look like you need some cheering up!"
Way to break character! but Rosie knew that Sera probably didn't recognize her, she didn't want to keep tricking her friend when she clearly didn't look okay.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 pm
[Rosie]

Seraphine was clearly unimpressed - and extremely uninterested - in everything the weird pumpkin was doing -- that is until she heard the muffled voice beneath the helmet. The brunette gave a start, uncrossed her arms and looked incredibly surprised. "Rosie?" Suddenly she was struck by the reality that she'd just been more than a little rude to her best friend, and Seraphine immediately went shame-faced and fidgeted a bit in her chair. "I didn't know it was you, Rosie," she started, getting as close to an apology as she could. "I wouldn't have said that if I'd known it was you.. Why do you think I look like I need cheering up?" She asked a bit sullenly, and attempted to look better than before. ...nope, she still looked - and felt - miserable, after that stupid girl in the much less cute pumpkin costume.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm
[Abigail]

Arcadie's expression soured, "Oh, I know. Mixing warm browns and cool browns, yellow-browns and red-browns. Shameful, absolutely shameful! It is always a delight to discover others that share in my never-ending torment simply because so many are so blind to it." She shook her head sadly. But there were other, more important matters at hand, such as Abigail's assessment - for which Arcadie struck an unnecessarily sexy pose. "But of course!" she replied, beaming. "Like I said, it's my natural state!"

The music wasn't her favorite, and briefly she considered if she was trained well enough in stealth to sneak up to their computer and put on something more danceable, but she was already moving now so there was hardly any point to it. As she said, it was all in feeling, and she was feeling pretty good as it was. "I, for one, am going to crash that dance floor before I accidentally punch someone in the face!" she declared, spinning on the ball of her toes. "Care to join?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:11 am
[Xander]

“Ah, that sounds like a better plan,” Frost nodded to his companion. “Persuade Fai that he has taken offense at the hat or something. Flailing wings in the face ought to distract Dima enough for the operative to depart. If not then she wasn’t competent enough to be worth rescuing. Perhaps Boreas can be of assistance too.” As he spoke Frost released the sleek Sneasel from its pokeball, took a tray of snacks from the table and passed it down.

“The big man,” he pointed, “go and distract him from the orange girl with offers of food. Bash into his legs, poke him, etcetera. When Fai assaults him, add to the confusion by ‘trying to help’ understood?”

Curling frosty white fingers around the tray Boreas listened and then nodded curtly, setting off through the throng towards his target.

---------------

[Inigo]

Aulus blinked down at the ghost. “Han Solo?” he said, sounding a tad incredulous. “I thought Star Wars was pretty ubiquitous.... I can see that either you’re a ghost, or for some reason they decided to put ‘laundry’ down as a costume possibility. I’m going to go with ghost though.” Star Wars wasn’t that nerdy was it?... Well obviously some people got really nerdy about it but just knowing what it was and who the protagonists were was normal wasn’t it?

--------------

[Giselle]

Zla returned the acknowledgement gently, always pleased to know there was an ally drifting quietly about the place along with him.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 am
KO

"Perhaps. Very good choice..." Jeremy replied approvingly; apparently he was either a fan or Rocky Horror, or he approved enough of the costume to appear to be one. "Well. Yes, given what they are letting into here, perhaps you would have gotten away with such a thing after all." He agreed and gave a short, if frowning, chuckle at the red head's appraisal of his own costume.

"Kind of you to say. The choices leave a lot to be desired." Well, this was leaving him in rather a better mood after all.
He watched as a hand came out and took it to shake, firmly but friendly and not looking so displeased right at that moment.
"Kirk. A pleasure to meet you." Jeremy replied before introducing himself. "Jeremy."

Rory
Tambrey tried to follow his movements and attemtped to be just where Rory couldn't see her as he turned. She tried to be standing exactly on his right, aware that she kept jingling but hoping he wouldn't turn that way and catch her until...
"Boo!"
She was recognizable after more than a glance, at least- she just didn't happen to have her glasses (stowed with her bag and clothes at the door), having brought contacts, knowing what to expect for once and was slightly obscured by the paint and make up she'd worn.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:46 pm
Tambrey

He had zoned out a bit as he was watching the crowd, just a bit lost in his thoughts. He raised his cup to his lips to take another sip and that was when he heard the loud 'boo' from behind him. He coughed slightly on the sip of punch as it forced its way down his throat and quickly turned to see who was standing behind him.

When he saw who it was, any sign of anger disappeared and was replaced with a half-smile that was becoming common when he was around her lately. Even though she was dressed in the 'torn' cloak and make up that went with her costume, she was still recognizable. He was caught slightly off guard when he noticed that she didn't have her glasses on and tried to ignore the weird feeling in his stomach that the sight caused. It almost felt like a flock of Butterfrees had invaded.

"Nice costume," he said and wondered if she had brought it herself or if she had been given it at the door like he had been. His half-smile turned shy as he stated, "You look great."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:56 pm
[Frost, Dith]

Xander nodded then called out the tiny colorful pidgy. "Fai you see that tall man over there?" He asked and the pidgy bounced on his arm with a coo of acknowledgement. "He doesn't look very happy does he?" Fai tilted his head a chirped sadly. "Maybe if you play a game of keep away, say with his hat, he will cheer up." The little bird puffed up with a determined look before launching off Xander and flying over to Dith.

Xander looked back at Frost with a smirk. "Piece of cake."

Fai angled to first twirl around Dith's head once with a cheerful 'Piiiid!' in greeting before he grabbed at the hat.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:08 pm
[Anyone]

Sasha stumbled in fashionably late, wearing an orange fairy costume that she'd cobbled together with what she'd been given at the last second. "Sorry I'm late!" she announced. So much for not making a spectacle. Her Pokemon followed in behind her- the Charizard (Asceron), the Igglybuff (Florie), and the Aron (Coba). Asceron and Coba stayed close to their master, while Florie seemed to be scanning the area for places she could bounce off to.  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:45 pm
{Anyone}

This was getting awkward already. She was more use to roughing it out in the wilderness training than in social gatherings. Adra tried to appear natural as she moved up to the food tables. Her eyes scanned the selections. Finally she made several choices and took the plate, along with a cup of juice, over to a table to eat.

Her eyes glanced over the other guests. The array of costumes was..... interesting. Some made her lips quirk. She wondered how long until those leotard tights decided to ride up. Poor guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:36 pm
[Aulus, Sasha]

While the name of the character meant nothing to him - he hoped it might hit him when he heard it, but it did nothing of the kind - although Star Wars did, and a wave of vague recognition crossed his features. Or would have, if they weren't covered by a sheet, so all that could be seen were the changes in his eyes. "Ohh, si," he said with a nod. "I haven't seen that. But then again, I haven't seen a whole lot of movies." The ghost shrugged as if this weren't any sort of even remotely moderate deal. Eh, movies. He'd been too obsessive with plants for the first 18 years of his life to pay attention to movies that didn't have anything to do with plants. He did laugh at Aulus's suggestion that he got 'laundry' as a costume, though. "Nah, I'm a ghost. I didn't really feel too into the Halloween spirit to come up with anything good." Another shrug. He figured his lack of effort would've already been apparent when he admitted the fact he wouldn't even be here if he'd had to make an effort to switch shifts. He just wouldn't have bothered at all.

The sudden announcement that someone - some girl - had arrived made him turn to see who it was, and he quirked a brow. "Hola," he offered the orange fairy with a small wave from under the thick sheet, "the party just started and I think people are still arriving anyway, so you're not even really late." The random party-goers still filtering slowly in after her were testament to that. He didn't really know who this girl was, but he'd never stopped that from being amicable and friendly with complete strangers before. Not even a little bit.

----------

[Arcadie]

Abigail made a face at Arcadie's accurate depiction of how they tossed all of their browns together - none of them matched at all and how could they not tell? More than likely they just didn't care enough to sort them out. However, Arcadie's sudden pose as well as her statement made the detective laugh again. "I know, chérie, you told me so - and I don't doubt you for a moment!"

The ex-breeder was feeling similarly good and had every intention to dance, and now was as good a time as any. With a grin and a laugh she spun in a circle herself and ended by extending her hand to the young woman with a flourish. "I would love to!" And with that, she moved - with the beat of course - towards the dance floor.

----------

[Zla]

Giselle was similarly pleased but after the initial contact, made no attempts at conversation - even if Seraphine didn't need watching over now that it appeared Rosie had found her. Still, regardless of this, she remained where she was. After a few moments of consideration, she spoke to Zla in soft, airy tones, It wasn't so much a suggestion as a 'this is a thing you should go do.' Really, the girl didn't need two ghosts and her best friend to look after her. One ghost was plenty, which would free the other up to watch over other aspects of the party.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 am
"This costume is so lame," Shawn complained to the costuming assistant who was painting his face. "Who gets scared of skeletons anymore? Hey, are you sure you know what you're doing?" He shut his eyes as a brush dabbed at his eyelids.

"I'd do it better if you could manage to keep still," the face-painter laughed with an undaunted grin. "Skeletons are classic, like ghosts. But who gets scared of ghosts anymore?" The assistant's gaze flickered to a shape hovering over Shawn's shoulder before returning to his work.

The teenager sulked. "Shut up. That's not funny." He was trying extra hard not to tremble with the Haunter right behind him, but as of late the ghost pokemon had been freaking him out worse than ever. At least even Lindsay would obediently (if reluctantly) remain in her pokeball when asked nicely, but this thing... Shawn hadn't even caught it. He wasn't sure if it belonged to anyone, but it seemed intent on sticking around him in particular ever since the rescue from the Galactic ship. What was most unnerving was he had no idea why, but he certainly didn't have the nerve to try to frighten it off, let alone battle or capture it.

The grunt usually spent his sleepless nights pretending it didn't exist and that it was nothing more than his shadow. However, that was getting harder and harder to do for a boy with the level of paranoia that Shawn possessed - not to mention jeering remarks from the people who noticed. As for the Haunter itself, the pokemon continued to remain a quiet and looming presence, not seeming to mind if it was ignored or not. Shawn secretly wondered if it was waiting for him to die or maybe for the right moment to strike and eat his soul.

"I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for my stupid roommate," Darrow continued, attempting to get his mind off his stalker by changing the subject. "That moron's been acting suspicious. I hardly see him around as it is, but now it's like he's avoiding me. He better not be getting into any trouble...always ends up dragging me down with him..."

The assistant snickered. "Could be a girl," he remarked, finishing the last touches of face paint. "Sounds like it, anyway. They're the worst kind of trouble."

As if on que, a specimen of said species popped her head out of one of the curtained dressing rooms and glanced their way. "Oooh, face-painting!" she bubbled.

"Want me to do you next?" the assistant asked with a smile, amused by the child's enthusiasm. Even if she was young, her mannerisms reflected those of someone half her age rather than a girl on the verge of her teens.

"I wish!" she cried, stepping out completely from behind the curtain. "I don't think vampires get much face paint. So boring." She gnashed her fake fangs in annoyance. "Plus I think you'd have to use a looot of paint to make me look pale." She held up a hand to indicate her tan, olive complexion.

The man laughed. "It's not a problem. This guy here's supposed to be going as a skeleton, so I have to use a lot of white anyway. But you know, maybe a sun-tanned vampire might be a nice change for once."

"Yeah, maybe. And I'm too excited to wait any longer!" She twirled around in her tattered cape, grabbing two fistfuls of the fabric and flapping it like a pair of wings. "There's going to be so many cool costumes!"

Shawn rolled his eyes. "Look, we're busy here and you're being distracting. Can you go outside already, since you're so eager to join the party?"

The young vampire girl wasn't listening to him. She stared at the scarlet-eyed Haunter and he leered back at her. Then she smiled at him and without looking away from the pokemon, asked, "Is this Haunter yours? He's really cool."

Darrow closed his eyes in irritation. "Leave? Please?" He needed to focus on sitting still so he could get out of here and track down Rory.

"Aww, but I wanna - whoa, okay, okay, I'm leaving!" Promptly cut off by a pair of clawed, purple hands on her shoulders, the trainer was surprised to find herself being ushered out by the ghost-type itself. It steered her toward the room's exit and toward the party's entrance. "See you at the party!" the vampire called back over her shoulder as she rushed into the crowd. First stop - refreshments. She needed sugar.

"Alright, your turn," the face-painter declared, handing Shawn the Skeleton a mirror before getting up to wipe his hands free of paint. The skull painted over Darrow's face was doing what skulls do best and grinning, which was just as well because the Rocket was in no mood to smile. He had a partner to find and a ghost to lose, if he could manage.

Getting up, the scrawny teen grabbed a thin jacket and a pair of ripped pants to wear over his skeleton suit. He hadn't been allowed his long coat because it covered too much, but he didn't want to go around feeling naked. Even skeletons needed coverings - particularly since they lacked skin. "Thanks," Shawn told his helper in a preoccupied tone as he headed out into the throng of people. His 'living shadow' silently continued to haunt him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 pm
[Adrasteia]

The vampire girl had already grabbed a colorful paper plate (or two) and was carefully selecting the most mouth-watering delicacies from the refreshments table when she caught sight of a witch sitting by herself. Glancing down at her plate, the water trainer realized her eyes had probably been larger than her stomach and she had taken more food than she could finish. Perhaps the witch would like to share some of it...? She seemed like she could use the company in any case, and the vampire was curious. The witch didn't look at all familiar.

Grabbing herself a glass of fruit punch, the black-haired girl smiled over at her in greeting and was just about to approach the table when a weary-looking vaporeon emerged from the crowd to sink at the vampire girl's feet. "Fathom!" she cried. "Did you find her yet?"

"...Por...Vapor," the water-type panted, peering up at Ty with an expression of the utmost exhaustion. He wasn't as young as he used to be and it didn't help that Vaporeon were the heaviest of the eeveeloutions. Fathom knew he was built for speed in water; not on land.

His apparent owner frowned in distress. "That's weird...I wouldn't have thought she'd go far -" Her gaze darted back and forth searchingly. "Oh! Look, there she is!"

Fathom's head shot up and he leapt to his feet - albeit with less grace than he usually exhibited. He rose and managed to turn just in time to glimpse the tip of a sparkling tail disappear among the ankles of the crowd.

"I'll stay here so you can find me," the girl told her pokemon. "You just concentrate on keeping an eye on her. I'm sure she just wants to play, but she might get lost on accident."

With a breathless nod, the Vaporeon hurried after the glimpse of tail, wishing he had trained more in his agility out of water. When he found Distance, he was going to ground her. Literally. Maybe sit on her if he had to. She had far too much energy for a baby eevee than Fathom would have liked. He wondered absently how the others were faring and could only be grateful that not all four infants had been entrusted to his and his trainer's amateur care.

Tymiko sighed before allowing her greeting smile to return to her face, showing off her fake fangs. "Hi," she greeted the witch cheerfully. "Sorry about that...I'm still kind of new at being a trainer. Runaway baby pokemon on the loose!" the girl laughed, seemingly oblivious to the dangers of pokemon thieves. "Mind if I sit here? I think I took a little too much to eat and I need to share with someone."

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:35 pm
(Sera)

Rosie waved a hand in a playful dismissive gesture, giggling lightly to show that she certainly wasn't upset about the way Sera had reacted.
"Its kind of hard to tell when i have this head on huh?" She reached up to put both her hands on the helmet where the face would be. "sorry if I scared you."

lowering her hands back down she leaned forward, looking at her friend with a tilt of her head. "Your custom looks super cute! but you look a little upset friend. whats the matter?"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:46 am
[Rosie]

"It is," Sera agreed quite readily, even going so far as to offer a frown as if it would help impress that point on Rosie. The frown stayed though. "You didn't scare me." No, actually Rosie had confused her, so Sera had mistaken her for some weird stranger. There was a big difference between that and scaring her.

At Rosie's compliment Seraphine straightened up a little bit and reach a hand up to fix her tiara - not that it needed fixing. The question, however, made her pout and slouch in her seat again. "Some stupid girl said she was a cop and was just stupid," the brunette huffed, glaring angrily at a random spot on the floor. "Said she worked at night to protect us from 'bad guys' stealing our Pokemon." Another huff, although this one was more forced and she couldn't hide the bit of sadness that found its way onto her face.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:45 pm
[Inigo, Aulus, Sasha]

A tiny, bluish-purple eevee with a star-studded tail dashed toward a pair of curtained ankles. The white sheet draped over the human wearing it seemed like the perfect disguise. She wondered if the human would let her borrow it while she was playing hide-and-seek with her dad. Dipping her head under the sheet, the baby pokemon pressed herself against Inigo's legs, brushing her tail against him lightly to make sure he knew she was there. She didn't want him stepping on her, after all. Leaping up a little, she attempted to catch the edge of the sheet in her mouth to tug on it, hoping to get this strange person's attention.

--------------------

[Rosie, Sera]

Fathom streaked through the forest of legs, pillars of dresses, and general maze of costumes as fast as his heavy, tired body would allow. He could barely keep the baby eevee in sight. Soon his breaths were coming in gasps again. The vaporeon was so busy trying to catch up that when he jumped to avoid a pair of metalic, robot boots, he failed to see the pair of converse shoes hidden behind them. In his haste to stop, the vaporeon flopped over both converse and metallic footwear, breathing heavily and not really wanting to get up. Inwardly he groaned; Distance was already out of view.

--------------------

Once Shawn was released into the party, he began glaring down each person he passed just in case they were Rory. This coupled with his painted grin might have been somewhat unsettling, but he didn't have the patience to care just then. The night had already put him in a bad mood.

It had taken him at least half an hour to convince another grunt to take his shift for the night, since Shawn usually took night shifts anyway. Finally he managed to convince a fellow Rocket to take his for that one night on the grounds that it would be switched with a week's worth of day shifts. The only thing was that Grunt Shadow hadn't signed up for the job; oh no. He had assured is stand-in that Grunt Rory would be taking those shifts in his place. Such was the annoyance of Shawn for being kept in the dark.

If having to go through the trouble of finding a replacement wasn't enough, being forced to draw and pick a costume only added to the nuisances he had to put up with - not to mention going around with a 5-foot ghost pokemon trailing in his wake. After a short while of obnoxiously conspicuous searching with the Haunter at his back, Shawn stopped in his tracks. He was never going to find Rory if this kept up and he was drawing unnecessary attention to himself. Time to fight fire with fire - or, in this case, ghost with ghost.

Taking out a pokeball from a pocket of his torn pants, the teen tossed it into the air, releasing the Gastly inside before catching it again. He didn't have time to give the thing instructions before it suddenly surged off in pursuit of Arceus-knew-what, but in a few more seconds, that didn't seem to matter.

Shadow had intended to ask his newly-acquired light-radiating pokemon to occupy the Haunter somehow. When it flew off, the skeleton was about to protest, but after a moment's hesitation, the Haunter threw Shawn a confused look and followed the bright Gastly. This in turn confused Shawn, but he simply shrugged and continued with his search. He'd deal with the pair later when he had to. It was unlikely that either would be difficult to find.

--------------------

[Giselle, Zla]

Tatl was anxious and surprised to be out of her pokeball. So many bright lights and loud noises! It was disorienting. But she had no time to worry about that now - she had to find her brother! Who knew what sorts of trouble he would get himself into without her? Darting back and forth, the Gastly hovered a bit to try to get her bearings as she took in her surroundings. Wait, what was this?! A couple of other ghosts were close by! Invisible, but definitely there. Maybe one of them was Tael!

Not bothering with stealth or even questioning the reason for the other ghosts' invisibility, the radiant little ball of brilliance went right up to them, bumping into them lightly to get their attention. She sensed as she got nearer that they were both bigger and stronger than her, but the only thing that seemed to bother her about this was the fact that neither could have been Tael. Sulking a little, she took out her disappointment on the invisible pair.

The Haunter had gone after Tatl because he didn't like the urgency with which she'd left. She was evidently a young little Gastly and to him that meant she wasn't likely to be up to anything good. He followed after her a little, just enough to keep an eye on her, and rose above the crowds to be able to watch Shawn's progression at the same time.

He narrowed his scarlet eyes when he noticed Tatl dash over to a particular area mid-air and began to go toward her to investigate. However, he soon sensed what she had and immediately stopped, keeping his distance. He gritted his teeth irritably. What were more ghosts doing out and about? And in stealth-mode, no less? Something suspicious was going on, though hopefully there were no harmful intentions involved...

After a minute or so of trying to decide whether to linger back or risk getting near enough to hear their conversation, the Haunter chose the latter. He didn't trust any of them, whether their motives were innocent mischief or intended malice.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff