Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Chatter Box: For Threads That Don't Fall Into The Other Forums
Character discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 pm
SykoShadowKnyght

I liked Chronicles mostly because it gave you background to what happened to the Furyan people. I don't remember too much about Dark Fury and I never really played the video games. Beyond that I like how there are some differences for the Furyans but they are a sub-race of humans so they still have some human limitations... Their's are just higher than ours.
I prefer superior intellect over bulging biceps though  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:43 pm
Darth Ghranna
SykoShadowKnyght

I liked Chronicles mostly because it gave you background to what happened to the Furyan people. I don't remember too much about Dark Fury and I never really played the video games. Beyond that I like how there are some differences for the Furyans but they are a sub-race of humans so they still have some human limitations... Their's are just higher than ours.
I prefer superior intellect over bulging biceps though

Agreed- but the Furyans were designed to be animistic in many ways but also to be very cunning in the same manner as predetors. That's why Riddick can move around without being spotted, which you see a lot of in the first movie. He's strong but he also stealthy.  

SykoShadowKnyght

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:53 pm
SykoShadowKnyght
Agreed- but the Furyans were designed to be animistic in many ways but also to be very cunning in the same manner as predetors. That's why Riddick can move around without being spotted, which you see a lot of in the first movie. He's strong but he also stealthy.
true, but I chalked that up to bad writting, the fact that he can hide at high-noon in some dinobones is kinda silly, yes I get he is a predator but something that big would have a hard time hiding. Moving silently I can buy more. Then again to quote MSt3K "It's just a movie relax, it will be ok. It's not that serious"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:46 pm
Darth Ghranna
SykoShadowKnyght
Agreed- but the Furyans were designed to be animistic in many ways but also to be very cunning in the same manner as predators. That's why Riddick can move around without being spotted, which you see a lot of in the first movie. He's strong but he also stealthy.
true, but I chalked that up to bad writting, the fact that he can hide at high-noon in some dinobones is kinda silly, yes I get he is a predator but something that big would have a hard time hiding. Moving silently I can buy more. Then again to quote MSt3K "It's just a movie relax, it will be ok. It's not that serious"

It isn't always about size- part of the reason he could hide was because the people he was stalking were exceptionally unobservant. The fact that he could move silently and quickly aided in his hiding out in plain sight. But like you quoted. It's just a movie- and I think it's a pretty good one.  

SykoShadowKnyght

Chatter Box: For Threads That Don't Fall Into The Other Forums

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces