Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
:> Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  woop
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 pm
Citrus Novii

See this is the kind of stuff no one ever tells anyone. You never know.
Like, my boyfriend had a co-worker who seized in the middle of the McDonald's kitchen where he works, and like NO ONE knew what to do. She ended out okay, but still.

I did have a friend for a while who was Narcoleptic, she'd just kind of fall over and I got guard duty for the first three periods of the day while she bounced between doctors (small town, no one gives a s**t in the setting I was in) because we had the same classes. I wouldn't call that 'experience' but I can stop a bad fall at least lol. Nor would I call what she went through extreme seizures but she did clench up and twitch a bit.

BUT on the mouth thing, isn't there the danger of them biting their tongues off? Or is that a misconception or something that happens so rarely it's not worth mentioning?
OR, (I've always wondered this) does the jaw clench with the muscles so it's not like a constant tooth shattering snapping.

I might have to check that out if I can find it online. o:

Do you have a current first aid cert? If not, its the sort of thing you should always have. And if so, and they dont cover seizures...then the place you are getting it from is bad...

Yeah loss of conciousness can be bad in a lot of settings XD.

Pretty much a zero chance of that. The mouth myth has nothing to do with bitting, it actually came from the idea someone could swallow thier tongue (which is impossible).

If you think about it. Try poking your tongue out, notice how dedicated of a direction it needs all your tongue muscles to be. Now if you think about the muscles shooting at random, the chances of them all poking in that direction straight out is pretty much impossible. Or if you open your mouth and face downwards does your tongue poke out? the tongue muscles even at rest dont extend that way.

But yeah it would be more of a clench since the twitches are so fast there isnt really time for the mouth to fully open, maybe if anything it would be a slight chatter.

Ive found a couple sites which look like they may work for you, but they all give me the "Only for americans" thing...I torrented it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

See this is the kind of stuff no one ever tells anyone. You never know.
Like, my boyfriend had a co-worker who seized in the middle of the McDonald's kitchen where he works, and like NO ONE knew what to do. She ended out okay, but still.

I did have a friend for a while who was Narcoleptic, she'd just kind of fall over and I got guard duty for the first three periods of the day while she bounced between doctors (small town, no one gives a s**t in the setting I was in) because we had the same classes. I wouldn't call that 'experience' but I can stop a bad fall at least lol. Nor would I call what she went through extreme seizures but she did clench up and twitch a bit.

BUT on the mouth thing, isn't there the danger of them biting their tongues off? Or is that a misconception or something that happens so rarely it's not worth mentioning?
OR, (I've always wondered this) does the jaw clench with the muscles so it's not like a constant tooth shattering snapping.

I might have to check that out if I can find it online. o:

Do you have a current first aid cert? If not, its the sort of thing you should always have. And if so, and they dont cover seizures...then the place you are getting it from is bad...

Yeah loss of conciousness can be bad in a lot of settings XD.

Pretty much a zero chance of that. The mouth myth has nothing to do with bitting, it actually came from the idea someone could swallow thier tongue (which is impossible).

If you think about it. Try poking your tongue out, notice how dedicated of a direction it needs all your tongue muscles to be. Now if you think about the muscles shooting at random, the chances of them all poking in that direction straight out is pretty much impossible. Or if you open your mouth and face downwards does your tongue poke out? the tongue muscles even at rest dont extend that way.

But yeah it would be more of a clench since the twitches are so fast there isnt really time for the mouth to fully open, maybe if anything it would be a slight chatter.

Ive found a couple sites which look like they may work for you, but they all give me the "Only for americans" thing...I torrented it.

See that's what I've always thought/assumed. Because that never made sense to me, but try and tell that to your health teacher who's the wise old sage of Llano high. rolleyes

I REALLY want to get my certification.
Mostly because I want to always be prepared, I've already got the not freaking out in emergency situations, so I'd be really good at it. 3nodding
But I think it costs money. That's the downer lol.
If it DOESN'T though, well 1) I'd be a little suspicious, and 2) be totally stoked lol.
If I ever get to go though, I'll be sure to be a butt if they don't.

talk2hand Torrent all you want.
That's got to be such a pain, having to do stuff through proxies and torrents D:
Yeah?  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:29 pm
Citrus Novii

See that's what I've always thought/assumed. Because that never made sense to me, but try and tell that to your health teacher who's the wise old sage of Llano high. rolleyes

I REALLY want to get my certification.
Mostly because I want to always be prepared, I've already got the not freaking out in emergency situations, so I'd be really good at it. 3nodding
But I think it costs money. That's the downer lol.
If it DOESN'T though, well 1) I'd be a little suspicious, and 2) be totally stoked lol.
If I ever get to go though, I'll be sure to be a butt if they don't.

talk2hand Torrent all you want.
That's got to be such a pain, having to do stuff through proxies and torrents D:
Yeah?

Yeah it makes sense. But if you havent really thought much about it then its normal not to know or to have questions.

Yeah looking online at prices of the red cross cert, it looks like its ~$110 for a professional first aid/cpr course. Though it may be cheaper in your area. For me most of my jobs require I have a current first aid cert, so Im almost always current.

You can do them online for much cheaper, but I view online learning of any sort mostly the same way....basically its info in and info out, where you dont really learn anything, because without practicle application, all the cert shows is you have the ability to learn online.

Though if you look around in your area, many places will have subsidised courses

Often employers will pay for it. But I know thats probally unlikly in your case. But if you work in a place with lots of sharp objects, hot stuff, possentially slippery surfaces, electricity and what not. The person who manages staff should know how to deal with most situations that could arise in said location. It does last for 2 years though.

I pretty much have to if I want to watch a lot of programs, because lots of them never make it to NZ, or otherwise I need to wait like 6 months before a episode reaches here.

Torrents are super easy.

Proxies it can be hard to find one thats fast, stays up for a while, and works openly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:41 am
Sagebomb

Yeah it makes sense. But if you havent really thought much about it then its normal not to know or to have questions.

Yeah looking online at prices of the red cross cert, it looks like its ~$110 for a professional first aid/cpr course. Though it may be cheaper in your area. For me most of my jobs require I have a current first aid cert, so Im almost always current.

You can do them online for much cheaper, but I view online learning of any sort mostly the same way....basically its info in and info out, where you dont really learn anything, because without practicle application, all the cert shows is you have the ability to learn online.

Though if you look around in your area, many places will have subsidised courses

Often employers will pay for it. But I know thats probally unlikly in your case. But if you work in a place with lots of sharp objects, hot stuff, possentially slippery surfaces, electricity and what not. The person who manages staff should know how to deal with most situations that could arise in said location. It does last for 2 years though.

I pretty much have to if I want to watch a lot of programs, because lots of them never make it to NZ, or otherwise I need to wait like 6 months before a episode reaches here.

Torrents are super easy.

Proxies it can be hard to find one thats fast, stays up for a while, and works openly.

Truth!

Seeeeeee that's my whole thing. I already have my food manager's license so I know how to not kill people ONE way, but I don't know anything medical except for the basic things that they taught us in school, which was a long time ago lol. XD What are the classes like? Is it just sitting there watching videos and a test or something?

Anyhow, it's important especially since we deal with utensils like this everyday. XD
I've accidentally cut myself with that blade before. <********. Bleeds. FOREVER.

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 am
Citrus Novii

Truth!

Seeeeeee that's my whole thing. I already have my food manager's license so I know how to not kill people ONE way, but I don't know anything medical except for the basic things that they taught us in school, which was a long time ago lol. XD What are the classes like? Is it just sitting there watching videos and a test or something?

Anyhow, it's important especially since we deal with utensils like this everyday. XD
I've accidentally cut myself with that blade before. <********. Bleeds. FOREVER.

Well I cant speak of the courses in your area, but I can speak of what Ive done in NZ, WI, OH and NJ.

Most courses I have done (and as they should) focus on the practicle side of learning. Typically a this is how to do it, now you practice. Often in a chat group type setting with whoever is doing the same course at the same time. There may or may not be vids depending. Typically assesment at the end will be in the form of both a shortish quiz and practical test again depending.

http://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/program-highlights/cpr-first-aid/workplaces-schools-individuals#first-aid-cpr-aed

Is some of the american courses offered. You can see whats around based on your location.

Sometimes they dont cover certain things, but if you ask they will typically be able to give good info. Most instructors Ive had have either been ambulance workers, field doctors, or similar. The one who had been a doctor for the navy had some real interesting medical first aid storys (Like learning how to deal with a stomach cut and intestines sticking out...which really happened).

Yeah a normal household kitchen has some pretty dangerous stuff, when you go professional, or comerical it gets way more dangerous. Though I want to pull the "Thats not a knife" type story. I almost expected some butcher grade meet cutting stuff in that pic

Like I have heard a lot of bad storys from using these whilst distracted

http://www.mpbs.com/resources/contentfiles/mpbs/catalog/products/meat-slicers-rb-250-torrey-meat-slicer-machines/image/RB250.jpg  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Truth!

Well I cant speak of the courses in your area, but I can speak of what Ive done in NZ, WI, OH and NJ.

Most courses I have done (and as they should) focus on the practicle side of learning. Typically a this is how to do it, now you practice. Often in a chat group type setting with whoever is doing the same course at the same time. There may or may not be vids depending. Typically assesment at the end will be in the form of both a shortish quiz and practical test again depending.

http://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/program-highlights/cpr-first-aid/workplaces-schools-individuals#first-aid-cpr-aed

Is some of the american courses offered. You can see whats around based on your location.

Sometimes they dont cover certain things, but if you ask they will typically be able to give good info. Most instructors Ive had have either been ambulance workers, field doctors, or similar. The one who had been a doctor for the navy had some real interesting medical first aid storys (Like learning how to deal with a stomach cut and intestines sticking out...which really happened).

Yeah a normal household kitchen has some pretty dangerous stuff, when you go professional, or comerical it gets way more dangerous. Though I want to pull the "Thats not a knife" type story. I almost expected some butcher grade meet cutting stuff in that pic

Like I have heard a lot of bad storys from using these whilst distracted

http://www.mpbs.com/resources/contentfiles/mpbs/catalog/products/meat-slicers-rb-250-torrey-meat-slicer-machines/image/RB250.jpg

That's the only thing that would make me nervous is the test lol, because I'm AWFUL at tests. I'll be sure to look at that website when I get home later, but I think the closest thing for me will be like an hour away.

Oh, and on a totally random stretch, how have things been rebuilding in CHCH? I've been meaning to shoot you a message to ask, but I keep forgetting lol. We don't really hear about anything that happens down there. :<

For the moment we don't have any kind of slicers or mixers, because they're excruciatingly expensive. A brand new one is something like 2k - 15k. Plus you need to buy guards and blades which are equally expensive.

I've heard some horrible stories too though, amputation required, I had a boss once who had sacrificed a few fingers to one of those when she worked at walmart.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:15 pm
Citrus Novii

That's the only thing that would make me nervous is the test lol, because I'm AWFUL at tests. I'll be sure to look at that website when I get home later, but I think the closest thing for me will be like an hour away.

Oh, and on a totally random stretch, how have things been rebuilding in CHCH? I've been meaning to shoot you a message to ask, but I keep forgetting lol. We don't really hear about anything that happens down there. :<

For the moment we don't have any kind of slicers or mixers, because they're excruciatingly expensive. A brand new one is something like 2k - 15k. Plus you need to buy guards and blades which are equally expensive.

I've heard some horrible stories too though, amputation required, I had a boss once who had sacrificed a few fingers to one of those when she worked at walmart.

You dont really need to stress about it too much. They WANT people to pass and they are aiming to get the general public to a stage where they can provide life saving first aid. The courses are designed to have a almost 100% pass rate (basically you should pass, unless you do something completly against what they told you).

Still very slowly. There are people who still dont know if thier house needs to be rebuilt or just repaired. There are some apartments where one apartment is marked as "repair" and another is "rebuild" leading to a roadblock. I feel sorry for those people who still dont know whats going to happen with thier house. That should have been sorted at least a year ago. Several other buildings still lay as they were after the quake. The city is slowly reopening though. Things are totally normal out my direction. After shocks a few and far between now. They now can usually only be felt once or twice a week ^_^

Yep, its very expensive to be fully professional. At the start its basically a cost vs advantage type thing.

Yep, its amazingly easy to do big damage with those, expecially the ones which basically just melt through bone like its not even there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:32 pm
Sagebomb

That's good to know, 3nodding
I just have that thing of feeling needed/useful in nearly ever situation. Stuff like that does wonders for me.

That's awesome, sad that it's been going so slow, but great that it's showing progress. 3nodding
Are tremors and stuff normal for you guys or has it just been because of the magnitude of the quake that things are still shifting around?

Ugh tell me about it.
You should SEE some of the prices for stuff that's considered 'a good deal.'
If you can get something for 5k it's like, WOAH HOW'D YOU GET IT THAT CHEAP?
gonk

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 pm
[quote="Citrus Novii"

That's good to know, 3nodding
I just have that thing of feeling needed/useful in nearly ever situation. Stuff like that does wonders for me.

That's awesome, sad that it's been going so slow, but great that it's showing progress. 3nodding
Are tremors and stuff normal for you guys or has it just been because of the magnitude of the quake that things are still shifting around?

Ugh tell me about it.
You should SEE some of the prices for stuff that's considered 'a good deal.'
If you can get something for 5k it's like, WOAH HOW'D YOU GET IT THAT CHEAP?
gonk

yeah definitly. Like if you come across a car crash, being able to jump into action could save lives. I think it would be pretty cool to save the life of a stranger.

Well, NZ does have a lot of low frequency quakes in general because of being a nation formed by two techtonic plates. But the vast majority of those are really deep and never felt. Basically ones you feel are much rarer, where as since "September 4, 2010 there have been (10,994 quakes)" that is definitly not normal XD basically the faults are still setting back into place.

Though this quake like Ive said before might not be the big one we are waiting on. Because these came from a couple side faults, and not the plates themselves. Its possible that there may be a much much much more devistating quake anytime in the next 25,ooo years.

Yeah I know, I know chefs have single knifes alone which are like $500+. I personally want a really good coffee machine (like coffee shop quality), but dont really have the money to throw down on that, at this stage of my life. But if I ever get rich, I will get one, and take a course on how to use it XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:10 pm
Sagebomb

yeah definitly. Like if you come across a car crash, being able to jump into action could save lives. I think it would be pretty cool to save the life of a stranger.

Well, NZ does have a lot of low frequency quakes in general because of being a nation formed by two techtonic plates. But the vast majority of those are really deep and never felt. Basically ones you feel are much rarer, where as since "September 4, 2010 there have been (10,994 quakes)" that is definitly not normal XD basically the faults are still setting back into place.

Though this quake like Ive said before might not be the big one we are waiting on. Because these came from a couple side faults, and not the plates themselves. Its possible that there may be a much much much more devistating quake anytime in the next 25,ooo years.

Yeah I know, I know chefs have single knifes alone which are like $500+. I personally want a really good coffee machine (like coffee shop quality), but dont really have the money to throw down on that, at this stage of my life. But if I ever get rich, I will get one, and take a course on how to use it XD

It really would be actually, the only thing that I would be scared of is actually helping you know? I mean here as long as you don't act with malicious intent you won't really go to jail for it or anything like that, but it's weird how mean people can be when all you're trying to do is help them. :<
I get it, but you know.

Ah, yeah I understand that.
I dunno, we don't really have earthquakes here or at least I've never felt one. We do live on the San Balcones fault it's created some BEAUTIFUL things, but it's one of those 'nature is beautifully chaotic' things too. 3nodding

Yeah I know. XD
My knife roll was a christmas present, and as my career continues I've been adding too it. I have about $300 in knives and rolls and old rolls and sharpeners.

I love my knives, they're my babies. <3

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 pm
Citrus Novii

It really would be actually, the only thing that I would be scared of is actually helping you know? I mean here as long as you don't act with malicious intent you won't really go to jail for it or anything like that, but it's weird how mean people can be when all you're trying to do is help them. :<
I get it, but you know.

Ah, yeah I understand that.
I dunno, we don't really have earthquakes here or at least I've never felt one. We do live on the San Balcones fault it's created some BEAUTIFUL things, but it's one of those 'nature is beautifully chaotic' things too. 3nodding

Yeah I know. XD
My knife roll was a christmas present, and as my career continues I've been adding too it. I have about $300 in knives and rolls and old rolls and sharpeners.

I love my knives, they're my babies. <3

Yeah its crazy in America, before giving first aid you must ask if you can give first aid. If denied you cant help them, unless they go unconcious where as you are allowed to then help them under protection of implied consent.

In NZ you are covered by good Samaritan regardless, plus we dont really sue over anything (Like when that kid got a double exposed fracture one one of the holiday programs I was working on, the mum was fine with it...accidents happen) plus we have universal health care so basically all costs are covered anyways.

Its true, part of the reason NZ is so beautiful is the combination of faults and volcanos and what not.

Indeed, a chefs knifes are thier babies, and depending on how good your knifes are, after X number of years when you finally need to say good bye, it can be hard to let go.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:18 pm
Sagebomb

Yeah its crazy in America, before giving first aid you must ask if you can give first aid. If denied you cant help them, unless they go unconcious where as you are allowed to then help them under protection of implied consent.

In NZ you are covered by good Samaritan regardless, plus we dont really sue over anything (Like when that kid got a double exposed fracture one one of the holiday programs I was working on, the mum was fine with it...accidents happen) plus we have universal health care so basically all costs are covered anyways.

Its true, part of the reason NZ is so beautiful is the combination of faults and volcanos and what not.

Indeed, a chefs knifes are thier babies, and depending on how good your knifes are, after X number of years when you finally need to say good bye, it can be hard to let go.

I can't even imagine what it's like living like that lol.
I mean granted, here in Texas we're a little less like "OMG GUNNA SEW U" but it still happens over the most ridiculous crap. rolleyes
Or maybe it's just that I have a hard time wrapping my head around universal healthcare XD
I was rejected from my healthcare company for my weight or something like that. I'm not really sure if it's possible, but I know that's what my grandmother told me happened so I'm taking for granted that she didn't lie.

It sucks not having health insurance, or dental insurance.
Like, for example, I had braces when I was a kid right? And they cemented these metal strips onto the backs of my teeth on the top and bottom row, right? One of them started to fall out so I just pulled the whole thing out and now my teeth freaking HURT. I'm pretty sure they're shifting back to their original positions. ; A; Which is bad.
Half of the reason I got braces was to prevent headaches so, bleeeeeeh. I need to go to my old ortho but s**t if I can afford that, and I am NOT asking my grandmother especially since I'm to a point where I'm just scratching by on the bills I do have. XD

See, I would LOVE to visit NZ from the pictures I've seen of it, also because we learn virtually NOTHING about countries southern of the equator in schools and our news here is like, "PFF, what's a Zealand?", "Is Australia like Austria?" It's the same with South America, it's only worth mentioning if some US citizen was traipsing about being a jackass and has been imprisoned for it.

I'm not really a chef, sadly. One day, I will be but I still love my knives so much. I know I've said that like, 100 times already but IT BECOMES MORE TRUE EACH TIME.

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:39 pm
Citrus Novii

I can't even imagine what it's like living like that lol.
I mean granted, here in Texas we're a little less like "OMG GUNNA SEW U" but it still happens over the most ridiculous crap. rolleyes
Or maybe it's just that I have a hard time wrapping my head around universal healthcare XD
I was rejected from my healthcare company for my weight or something like that. I'm not really sure if it's possible, but I know that's what my grandmother told me happened so I'm taking for granted that she didn't lie.

It sucks not having health insurance, or dental insurance.
Like, for example, I had braces when I was a kid right? And they cemented these metal strips onto the backs of my teeth on the top and bottom row, right? One of them started to fall out so I just pulled the whole thing out and now my teeth freaking HURT. I'm pretty sure they're shifting back to their original positions. ; A; Which is bad.
Half of the reason I got braces was to prevent headaches so, bleeeeeeh. I need to go to my old ortho but s**t if I can afford that, and I am NOT asking my grandmother especially since I'm to a point where I'm just scratching by on the bills I do have. XD

See, I would LOVE to visit NZ from the pictures I've seen of it, also because we learn virtually NOTHING about countries southern of the equator in schools and our news here is like, "PFF, what's a Zealand?", "Is Australia like Austria?" It's the same with South America, it's only worth mentioning if some US citizen was traipsing about being a jackass and has been imprisoned for it.

I'm not really a chef, sadly. One day, I will be but I still love my knives so much. I know I've said that like, 100 times already but IT BECOMES MORE TRUE EACH TIME.

Yeah its nice to not have to worry about how people will try and sue you. Expecially for business owners. Like of course if there is a wet floor in a business here they need to have a wet floor sign, and if they violate health and saftey they can recieve fines. But still if a civilian slips...its still kinda the civilians fault.

Yeah I would hate to think what it would be like going out and doing stuff known if I have a accident I might not be able to afford to get help. Its nice knowing that pretty much what ever happens Im covered by taxes ^_^. Like all the tests I had for my epilepsy (MRIs, EEGS, ECGs Xrays etx etx all completly free) When I threw my back out at the gym, I got a code so I could get free phiso therapy if I needed it etc etc. Although we do pay "prescription fees" which have gone up recently, so its now like $5 per script, though the meds themselves which may be over $100 are mostly covered. Though coverage only works on things that are proven to work. If you want to take some experimental drug, those mostly arent covered.

We dont have dental coverage though...I havent been to the dentist in years even though I know I need to.

Yeah I have found Americans to be quite ignorant of the world. And I dont hold it against them so much because media/schools/etc just dont expose people to it. Seems a lot of americans still think Aus and NZ are pretty much the same country, or that we can drive between each other etc. They dont seem to realise its at least a few hours on a plan, or a couple days on a boat.

And for a country which has been strongly present in Iraq, Afganistan, I feel most americans still know effectivly nothing of those cultures (which can be pretty amazing). Or that Americans dont know that Islam is one of the most peaceful and forgiving religions in the world. (In christianity God shows many times that he is a vengeful god, in Islam the Koran preaces forgiveness and tolerance of even those who strongly oppose your beliefs)...Basically American media only seems to present on the Extremists, and all religions have those.

Basically I believe with more exposure more will be known. But it also kind of seems like Americans dont really care either way.

Of course that is a generalist opinion. And of course I know lots of Americans are cool (though I also know the jerky people in america will go right out of thier way to make sure everyone knows they are a jerk) And sadly much like Islamic extremists are the main view Americans see on Island. Jerky Americans is the main view the world sees on America.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:21 am
Sagebomb

SEE, and it seems to work for so many other countries, I wish that we could implement it here. I get so frustrated that our politicians can't see their own humanity. Because most of them, I do honestly believe, would rather be able to not worry for the most part about going to the doctor's or about having to go to the emergency room with your card for your main and hoping that you have a subsidiary that will cover the rest. I get being resistant to change, but if we don't CHANGE how can we get better?

I have a love hate relationship with dentists, but just a hate with migraines. XD
I'm just going to have to figure something out before it get's to a point where I can't look at lights lolololol.

Yeah exactly.
Well, part of that isn't so much of what we're taught but instead how we're taught. I don't know about in other states, but in Texas, I've never had a text book that didn't just label the region 'Oceania' and move on. So, it's like that region just becomes this amalgamation of people who speak with accents and say "MATE" a lot. It's SO annoying.

Don't get me started on the Iraq "conflict/war/whatever"
ESPECIALLY the religious angle.

I've gotten in quite a few arguments with people who start on their "Just bomb them out" tears.
I get so freaking upset when people say things like that. Now I don't agree with the extremists, I believe that what they do is wrong and an out dated expression of their worship of their prophet's ideals. But I don't know, but I can sympathize with the movement in a really weird way.

There's a lot more to my argument, but, yeah I'll just leave it there.

Besides, people like to ignore the old testament because of the appearance of Jesus, who was this rebellious son against his father, preaching peace and love where God would have just rained hell fire upon the masses and started over.

But you're right, most American's don't care, or like to think really. At the same time, like we generalize everyone else, everyone generalizes us too. Like, being 'Jerky Americans'. We're a very self-absorbed but very prideful group of people, and that's a terrible mix. XD

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:28 am
Citrus Novii

SEE, and it seems to work for so many other countries, I wish that we could implement it here. I get so frustrated that our politicians can't see their own humanity. Because most of them, I do honestly believe, would rather be able to not worry for the most part about going to the doctor's or about having to go to the emergency room with your card for your main and hoping that you have a subsidiary that will cover the rest. I get being resistant to change, but if we don't CHANGE how can we get better?

I have a love hate relationship with dentists, but just a hate with migraines. XD
I'm just going to have to figure something out before it get's to a point where I can't look at lights lolololol.

Yeah exactly.
Well, part of that isn't so much of what we're taught but instead how we're taught. I don't know about in other states, but in Texas, I've never had a text book that didn't just label the region 'Oceania' and move on. So, it's like that region just becomes this amalgamation of people who speak with accents and say "MATE" a lot. It's SO annoying.

Don't get me started on the Iraq "conflict/war/whatever"
ESPECIALLY the religious angle.

I've gotten in quite a few arguments with people who start on their "Just bomb them out" tears.
I get so freaking upset when people say things like that. Now I don't agree with the extremists, I believe that what they do is wrong and an out dated expression of their worship of their prophet's ideals. But I don't know, but I can sympathize with the movement in a really weird way.

There's a lot more to my argument, but, yeah I'll just leave it there.

Besides, people like to ignore the old testament because of the appearance of Jesus, who was this rebellious son against his father, preaching peace and love where God would have just rained hell fire upon the masses and started over.

But you're right, most American's don't care, or like to think really. At the same time, like we generalize everyone else, everyone generalizes us too. Like, being 'Jerky Americans'. We're a very self-absorbed but very prideful group of people, and that's a terrible mix. XD

Yeah universal health care makes sense, when you combine the costs of a nation and then devide them, its much cheaper per person. But I have heard much on the American debate, and Americans would rather pay twice as much for the freedom of choice, than half as much and have it covered universally. Because in america you should have the freedom to choose...

Yeah Im lucky I dont get headaches or migrains very often. Worst one I had was when I was in Ohio, and I blame pommegranit 7up. Because it was after I drank that it happened. It started with the typical tension headache, as we were driving alone (I wasnt driving), and was getting sharper, but it was just pain and typically I can ignore pain. Buut we stopped and went into a video game store, and thats where it got worse, really really sharp, and suddenly I lost all vision. I was in the middle of the store, blind with my eyes wide open. That was scary, luckily that only lasted about 15 seconds, but those 15 seconds were pretty scary. Though after that I got back blurred painful vison, which was enough for me to be able to see to leave the store and get back to the car. Man I would hate to lose my eyesight.

XD I would never tell anyone Im from Oceania. Australasia is what I would say if asked what part of the world is NZ in.

Although Aussie and Kiwi venacular is similar in many ways there are still a lot of words we differ on as well. If you pick up all the aussie slang and come to NZ, we may still be like...Sorry what was that? and vice versa. Though for the most part we know what they are, we just dont use them.

Ignorance is the best friend of fighting. When you understand each other seldom is there the need for fighting.

XD christianity has a lot of issues, but then most religions based on things that happened in the past are often full on holes.

Islamists typically accept evolution, and the koran does nothing to say evolution doesnt happen. Most islamics have a "creationist evolutionary sense" In which certain things were created with the abilty to survive in thier environments. Which is the essence of evolution.

Its true, I am of the belief one should not form a opinion purely based on others opinions. and until you have experienced something you should stay open minded.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff