Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[CLASS] Breaking and Entering (Class over!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Wandered rolled 5 20-sided dice: 13, 4, 4, 16, 9 Total: 46 (5-100)

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm
One lock left, eh?

Belatedly his ears flicked when he realized his name had been said, bright eyes flicking up from his attempts with the last lock to the one with the tail longer than hers - as he remembered her. "Levi, if I recall," he stated, smiling up to her with the sweetest look, black tail flicking behind him thumping behind him contently, the thrill of the game.

"I hope you have been well, my dear, I haven't seen you around in a bit." He stated, trying to give a little small talk while fiddling with it.

nekoluch

Wandered rolled 5 20-sided dice: 2, 5, 8, 11, 7 Total: 33 (5-100)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 pm
He almost got it.

But then he didn't.

Little butt. Something about this last lock was. . . tricky. He liked it, but he knew he had to take a break or he'd never get it.

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500

Zee Oddwyn

Tenacious Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 pm
"Broke it?" Canon repeated, taking a longer look at the boil's tail. "Oh, your tail has bones?"

Canon's singular eye grew larger, and she coiled her own long tail into a corkscrew. "I don't have bones, so I don't think I can fix yours. Is it still okay if I take a look, though?"

She figured the boil wanted a nurse, or someone who would know what to do with a broken bone. The Skark definitely wasn't it, but her curiosity had been piqued. What did a broken bone look like?

"Is it sticking out?"

MoonKitsune

Vashtya rolled 5 20-sided dice: 1, 13, 8, 18, 7 Total: 47 (5-100)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 pm
Making his way toward the boxes, Aedan waited patiently for some of the other students to make their attempts, before moving closer, and eyeing the final lock consideringly. Maybe if he twisted it just so...

No, no luck so far. Making a face, he twisted it a bit more, before taking a step back to peer at it again. Hopefully someone would get it open soon!

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Kanth rolled 5 20-sided dice: 9, 12, 1, 12, 10 Total: 44 (5-100)

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 am
After listening to the intriguing speech, Marosa approached the intriguing display and glanced around, wings fluttering just so before he attempted to fiddle with the lock. He didn't glance at anyone else, content with himself, but he attempted to open the last one all the same.

The fey was careful not to touch anyone.

Hissing at the cold metal on his skin, Marosa dropped the lockpick and backed off, eyeing the thing distastefully. He didn't particularly care for metal - it didn't burn, but all the same he didn't care for it - and he silently cursed the thing for being so stubborn.

He could be stubborn as well.

Downright glaring now, the fey shook his head and picked up the lockpick, aiming to try again.

TEACH ME  
Kanth rolled 5 20-sided dice: 7, 11, 1, 2, 11 Total: 32 (5-100)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 am
Cursing silently at his luck, the fey tried again.

There was no getting the lock at all, so Marosa stepped back a few paces to let someone else try, his gaze calm as he surveyed the other students.

He himself was no good at locks. Fey had always been rumored at no good with iron, and the locks that he'd just attempted to open had proven, beyond a doubt, that fey were not meant to be thieves lockpicks.

Marosa waited, eyes glossing over everyone as he thought of what was ahead. Perhaps there was a better riddle or puzzle in store for him. He'd enjoy that.

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 am
Arachne watched as a few more students turned up to the class, and then watched as they tried opening the clocks, with varying degress of success. One even managed to get his tail caught in the lock, though she was still unsure how that had happened.

It seemed as if there were only one more left to be opened, but she wasn't sure if everyone had had a go at trying, and there was by no means any guarantee she'd be successful if she had a go at a second lock, so for now she stayed where she was, curiously looking each of the students over.

Wandered rolled 5 20-sided dice: 3, 2, 15, 11, 3 Total: 34 (5-100)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 am
Quote:
SCREECH. I'll reply AFTER Neko, for continuity.

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500

nekoluch

Tricky Pants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 am
Just been doin' this n' that. Seemed like Jack had really taken to the task, causing Levi to chuckle. She'd recognize that tail signal from any critter. Take yer time. It was unclear if she was poking a bit of fun at Jack or speaking in honesty.

Oh, right. When Arachne moved to make way for everyone else, Levi thought to do so too. First, however, she nodded her head with a smile at the red haired ghoul with the heart on her cheek. Well it'sa pleasure ta'meet'cha, Arachne. Fine work figurin' out that thar fan-dangle. Got'a knack for lock-pickin', do ya? kekeke~

The tatzel was about to rise and shift back a few paces while the others tried when a wrath demon came to crouch beside her. Tail immediately choosing to curl around in an eager swirl on the ground behind him, Levi kept in mind that there were classmates around; this would have to do. Ya see, they ain't like any normal lock I've seen. Yew? Maybe wrath demons had special locks on their doors or something, who knew.

Give it'a try n' see how fine them fingers can work. Gesturing with the nod of her chin, the tatzel finally began to move over so West could get a better look at what was the last of the locks. She nodded her head at the majority of locks opened in the near blink of an eye, as far as she was concerned. They were indeed all very smart critters. That just added a plus one to Levi's pride; it was a good school.

Turning her head, Levi looked at the boil standing up, presumably thinking really hard on how to open the last lock. Ya figurin' anythin' out by lookin' at it? No, really, she wanted to know if it looked different from afar or something. Was that the trick to it?

Nerpin
CitrusCupcake
Smerdle
Vashtya
sup bro. whatchu lookin at

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 am
'Oh, oh thank you.' Arachne replied, realising that the long-tailed ghoul was speaking to her when she heard her name. The ghoul's accent was pretty strong but she managed to work it out and gave a little shrug, though she grinned with it.

'This was my first try at anything like this, beginner's luck I guess?' she said. Maybe someone had decided to throw her the proverbial bone after her struggles with the First Aid class.

nekoluch

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 am
Watching all the students try to fuss with the lock made his palms itch. He had gotten so close last time, and he felt that if he tried one more time, he'd get it this time.

Crouching down, an ear flicked when he heard the answer came from Levi, flicking bio-luminescent eyes up at her and the other miss, giving them both a wild grin. "Sounds about right, this and that sometimes is a good thing. Probably getting yourself in trouble, like I am." He joked with Levi. It was nice to be able to talk with her - they always seemed to have a similar thought process at times.

Working through the lock, eyes back down on it, he heard the new miss talking, he gave a soft smile. "It's sometimes a strange luck, working with locks," He started, before making a little "Ah!" and hearing the click of at the number 3, taking the lock off and swinging it lightly on his finger. "Patience is always useful too."

Smerdle
Last Lock done!

nekoluch

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 am
Arachne had occasionally been watching, and applauded the boil as he was successful, and the last lock opened.

'Well done.' she said, giving a swift little clap of her hands and nodding at him as he addressed her.
'Patience is something I'm working on, I do get frustrated when things don't go my way, but I'm getting better..I hope. Maybe this class will help.'

She wondered what their next task would be, and looked around for their 'Professor'.

Nerpin

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:23 am
Zee Oddwyn

TG covered a claw over one mouth, trying not to snicker. Sticking out. Kekeke. He thought as he offered her his tail. "Sure." He said, making his best 'I'm wittle and need a sexy nurse' face as he could.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 am
"Hmm," was West's only reply for now. He sat back, letting the others finish up the locks even after Levi prompted him to try one himself. He shook his head at her faintly, eying the top of the box instead. That symbol looked familiar...

As Jack clicked open the last lock, West stopped staring, shifting his gaze to the other boil instead. Two locks. Pretty impressive. He wondered if there was any particular reason why the demon was so good at this, or if it was just a coincidence.  

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 am
Round Two: Codebreaking

"Ve-he-he-ry good, everyone! Quicker than I thought, too." Kenner smiles to himself, then lifts off the box's lid. Its first lid. There's another inside, though you can't see it properly until he removes the rumpled pieces of paper that sit on top of it. In its center there is a keypad with the letters A-Z on it.

The hyena sighs. "Codebreaking. Takes me back." He claps his hands loudly. Again. "Welp, you know what to do. And if you don't, you'd better learn." As he starts to walk away, he looks down at the papers in his hands, now even more rumpled after being at the center of a clap. "Oh yeah, you'll probably need this. And this."

Quote:
OOC TIME!

You must decrypt the substitution code and punch the password into the keypad to continue. Even if you choose to figure out the code by yourself, please do try to arrive at the answer ICly as a group. If your character wouldn't share the glory, at least wait until some other characters have shared their thoughts before jumping in to save the day.

Even if your character is a bit of a dumbass, Kenner hasn't forbidden you from taking a picture of the encrypted password and hint and sending it to a smarter friend or anything, so feel free to use that as an excuse to make them smarter than they are. You may do anything to solve this ICly that you like, within reason, so be creative!

When you have figured out the code, have one player attempt to type it in. Post it in BOLD RED as they're typing it or at the bottom of your post just like you did with the locks because that was lovely.

Please don't fight to be the first to post the answer. You get nothing extra if you do, and this class is all about collaboration anyway.

Have fun!

This round will last until January 17th at approximately 3pm EST or someone opens the lock, whichever comes first.

nekoluch

astrabot

Vashtya

Nerpin

demon_pachabel

Zee Oddwyn

MoonKitsune

CitrusCupcake

Seiana_ZI

Kanth

Sorry about the edit! There is not a keypad with the weird letters on it. It has regular letters on it. If it had the weird ones then all you would have to do was type in the weird letters. *sigh me* XD

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff