Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:18 am
Dove had woken slowly, the light in the room too bright as she opened her eyes and glanced around. The doctors had tended to her, surrounding her with heated blankets, and had been right at her side as she woke, ready to ask questions and fill her on on what all had happened. She listened carefully, responding to them quietly but (somewhat) confidently as they asked how she was feeling.

Clearly, she had been lucky. She could remember her terror as the dock had collapsed, the icy chill of the water, the loss of her senses as she disappeared below the surface.

A quick start jolted through her-- Lovey. The moment she asked the doctor about her eevee, the pokemon darted in, followed by an amused nurse and a rather irritated looking EMT man. Relief flooded the girl as Lovey jumped into her lap, even as the hospital staff frowned on. The scowling rescue paramedic informed her that the typhlosion had been returned to its pokeball, and the pokeball returned to her bag.

Now, after countless questions from both doctors and officers and a quick synopsis of the things they had checked and fixed--a short, shallow laceration on her leg, likely from falling through the dock-- for her, the girl asked to be allowed to visit the boy who had saved her, her face paling when they told her he had been taken into ICU. When asked again, the doctors informed her that he was stable, set up in another room and yes, would be able to visit after he woke.

With a thank you, the young model rose from the bed and slipped into her clothing, now dry, thanks to the hospital staff. After collecting her purse and a deep breath, she followed a nurse out of the room, Lovey at her heels, to meet her rescuer.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:29 am
His first instinct was to raise a hand to his head to ease the slight headache that lingered, but the force this movement exerted on his breastbone elicited a short groan and made him rethink the careless motion. The incision was unmistakably sore, and his initial expression was a grimace in response - he noted that is was far more comfortable to breathe shallowly. On realizing he was sharing company with Seraphine, though, he erased the pain from his features and made his efforts towards a tired smile, "Hey." He wasn't as disoriented as he had been during their last encounter in this environment, but weariness and hoarseness lingered in his voice.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:34 am
There was no way she could even pretend to ignore how pained he looked, even if he tried to hide it. Why would she pretend, anyway? Still, his discomfort made her frown as she rested her chin on the palm of one hand, that elbow resting on the arm of the chair she sat in. "That probably wasn't the best idea y'know, jumping in the ocean like that." A brief pause. "How're you feeling?"

Her eyes scanned the room again briefly before she returned her attention back to Luke and added, pointing with a vague gesture, "At least you have a window this time, huh?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:42 am
Dove paused outside the door the nurse led her to, the voices inside barely audible over the sounds of the hospital. She sat her back against the wall and pushed her hair back behind her ear, wondering what on earth she would say to him when she had gathered the courage to introduce herself.

Hello. You saved me from drowning. I'm the foolish girl who nearly got us both crushed by a falling dock because I was playing with my eevee.

She sighed softly and ran a hand over her now pink face. None of that would do. He would just think she was a complete moron, an idiot newcomer with no sense about her at all.

An absent thought reminded her to be glad she didn't have the same popularity here that she had in her own region. At least there wouldn't be any celebrity gossip floating around here.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 am
"Probably," he said, his expression taking on apology. No, it wasn't really a great idea, but then he hadn't really been concerned about his own health or safety at the time. …Maybe that was the source of the problem. "I've been better." Of course that went without saying. He nodded vaguely at the comment the window, turning his head slightly to take proper note of it. Even small movements brought about considerable soreness; he could only assume that the painkillers he'd been given were weaker and/or fewer in quantity than they had been after his surgery - though that was understandable.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:52 am
Seraphine remained completely unaware of any person or persons standing outside Luke's hospital room; instead her attention was firmly on her friend and his well-being. Still obligated, not at all because of actual concern. Nope.

She frowned lightly again, shifting to lean back against the chair and folding her arms over her chest. "I'm sure," she agreed casually. "They tell you not to jump in the ocean anymore, right?" Because that better not be on his to do list again anytime soon.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:59 am
Taking a deep breath, Dove stooped to pick up Lovey, doing her best to ignore the ache in her body as she moved. Though not in horrible pain, the girl wasn't used to this type of soreness, this exhaustion. However, with things as they were, she couldn't just leave and not say something to whoever it had been that had saved her. Besides, she wasn't supposed to sleep right off anyway, they had told her.

Cradling Lovey to her chest, she stepped into the doorway and looked first to the young man in the bed, then to the occupant of the chair next it. With a small, apologetic smile, she addressed them both.

"Um... Hi..."

Great. She still didn't know what to say, even though her heart sunk even further as she looked the red head over. The boy had to be her age, or at least close, and the number of machines he was connected to shocked her. Obviously, he was facing something much more than hypothermia...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:18 am
A laugh, or at least a piece of one. "Don't think they need to tell me that." Maybe if they had specifically said as much before releasing him from the hospital initially, the reaction wouldn't have come to mind as quickly when he was faced with the invitation, but he certainly didn't need anyone to outline the consequences of such behavior now. Now, he was well aware that such behavior resulted in such consequences as "ow" and "no really, ow," feelings that he honestly preferred to avoid whenever possible.

Footsteps and unfamiliar voices were not uncommon in a ward where nurses often wandered to check the conditions of their patients, but the hesitant greeting drew his attention in the speaker's direction. He observed her for a moment, attempting to pinpoint exactly who she was and why she had stopped in this room. The Eevee was the clearest hint to her identity. "You're the girl from the dock, right?" He hadn't really gotten a proper look at her before she was plunged into the water - and he after her - but she had enough familiarity about her that that was his only logical conclusion.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:41 am
Her frown finally morphed into a small smile at his laugh. At least he was better now, and hopefully would stay that way. "Good. You can go swimming when it's warm again," she replied jokingly, though the sudden entrance of the girl gave her pause and the smile disappeared.

It was replaced with a vague frown at first when she realized it was that dumb girl who fell in at first, and her Eevee -- but then it changed to a much more thoughtful one. For some reason, this girl looked... Rather familiar... No one she knew personally, of course, but she couldn't help the nagging feeling that she'd seen this girl before.. But where...? For the time being she remained in thoughtful silence, allowing Luke to be the only one to speak with the girl for now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:49 pm
Stepping further into the room, Dove nodded, her head low. "I am..." she said, her voice small. Unsure of how close it would be polite to stand, she stopped just inside the door, holding Lovey to her chest protectively. "Most people know me by Dove," she murmured awkwardly, clearly embarrassed to have been the cause of such an ordeal.

"I didn't want to interrupt. I just wanted to meet you and thank you personally...If there's anything I can do, please don't...don't hesitate to ask." She could handle it, whatever he wanted of her; after all, he had nearly died trying to save her. It really, really was the least he could do.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 am
She appeared awfully nervous, he noted, but certainly that was not without reason. It had been a stressful day, and anyone had more than enough right to feel anxious after all that. "Sorry to meet you like this," he said with an apologetic smile, referencing his inability to as much as sit upright to greet her properly. "My name's Luke. But really you have Sera to thank more than me," he gestured to his friend. "I just jumped in without thinking. Sera's the one who actually helped." Not really his proudest moment, that. He really needed a water type.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 am
The brunette was hardly paying attention to the conversation, too caught up in her thoughts while she tried her hardest to recall just where she'd seen this girl before. She obviously dressed well and took care of her appearance... Maybe--

"Huh?" Luke pulled her out of her thoughts when he said her name, and she gave him a brief look of confusion before she caught up. "Oh. Yeah, I guess," she replied uncertainly. She gave Dove another critical look, eyes narrowed before she pointed at her almost accusingly, though her words weren't at all negative, "You're a model, aren't you? From some other region." That must be it - there's no other way she would look so familiar other than seeing her in some foreign magazine or on TV.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 pm
Dove shook her head, stepping closer to see the boy's face, though she remained a polite distance from the bed itself. "Its alright, you still--"

When the girl interrupted, she paused and tipped her head toward her. "I am," she laughed, tucking her hair behind her ear with an embarrassed smile.

Oh good. Now not only did she look moronic for falling off d a decaying dock, but now this girl knew exactly who she was. This day was going just swimmingly.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:08 pm
He hadn't really pulled Seraphine into the conversation with any specific goal or expectation, but what she contributed nevertheless surprised him. Luke was predictably unfamiliar with anything relating to modeling, let alone from other regions. These were foreign waters, and he decided it most wise to do as he had always done with unfamiliar things: wait and observe.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:19 pm
Sera nodded knowingly and replied, "Thought so," in a very satisfactory tone, though realized after a few moments that she kind of halted and redirected the entire conversation for just a single question. Her intention had been to verify something, not to start a whole new topic on fashion, so she gestured vaguely at them both. "No, that was it. You can uh, keep talking or something." She'd need to go back and find all of her magazines before she would want to actually talk shop with this girl. Not that she would need to, since she didn't seem very bright to begin with, but...  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff