Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your Picks For Super Smash Bros. Roster? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:29 pm
What about genesect, Fish?

GENESEX 4 SMASH BROS?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:34 pm
I'd like to see toon link left in, but given a unique moveset. Just being link with DURHUR SHORT SWORD and really light wasn't that great. There were other small tweaks, like bombs having a bigger blast, but I advocate against clones whenever possible.

I know it won't happen, but I really like what Project M did with some of the clone move-sets, and it'd be cool if nintendo just stole some ideas from that.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:23 pm
[Kegan]
I'd like to see toon link left in, but given a unique moveset. Just being link with DURHUR SHORT SWORD and really light wasn't that great. There were other small tweaks, like bombs having a bigger blast, but I advocate against clones whenever possible.

I know it won't happen, but I really like what Project M did with some of the clone move-sets, and it'd be cool if nintendo just stole some ideas from that.
the could make his final smash kinda like captain falcons. only he gets all evil and runs them over with a train.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:40 pm
[Kegan]
What about genesect, Fish?

GENESEX 4 SMASH BROS?
That would be pretty cool, but I don't see it getting in. Genesect is (somewhat) yesterday's news and they talk to The Pokemon Company to decide what Pokemon to put into each game, depending on which ones will have bigger roles in the coming years.

[Kegan]

I can agree with this. Toon Link was a wasted opportunity and he has a lot of unique items in his games.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:18 pm
Meta_Fish
Toon Zelda was going to be in Brawl so... we'll see. I foresee, with all of this Pokemon news, that Mewtwo will return and his Final Smash will be Mega Mewtwo and the Pokemon Trainer will also return, largely unchanged, due to Pokemon Origins and all three Kanto starters also having Mega Evolutions. Though that also gives Lucario staying in a little more credibility... It's hard to say what Pokemon outside of Jigglypuff and Pikachu will for sure be in, but I really do hope to see the Pokemon Trainer with his same team and Mewtwo, if nothing else, return as his Final Smash.

Jigglypuff being the first character to unlock is tradition! They can't get rid of that D8  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:37 pm
Double form Midna to clash with zelda and sheik wink please Jesus make this happen  

Valkyon

Lonely Prophet

9,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Overstocked 200

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:47 pm
What about some that people just won't see coming like "Boo" or "Goomba"?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:45 pm
Oh that would be so cute. The alternate costumes could be taken from Paper Mario :3  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:40 pm
A paper mario character with his own hammer and jump based moves based on the game would be great.

It'd fit really well with the 3DS version's art style too.

And only total dildos would complain if it was well executed and not another clone with super subtle differences. ("WHERE IS GENOOOOOoooo?")  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 am
I'm happy Toon Link and Mega Man are in. I'm also happy to see characters like the Villager and the Wii fit trainer are in -- it's a nice way to include people that might play games more casually. I would like to see Amaterasu if we could.

I agree with a previous poster, in that trading Wolf for Krystal would be a nice switch off. The same smash for three characters is a little silly. I think it would be brilliant to have Krystal's final smash have her riding a huge dinosaur across the screen from Dinosaur Planet. Or something. xd

I'm really curious as to how they'll do Zelda and/or Sheik. On the Toon Zelda idea, I think it'd be sweet if they used Tetra. Pirate skills! Maybe instead of transforming between Zelda/Shiek, it will be Zelda/Tetra. And will it be SS Zelda, or TP Zelda? So many questions! I also think it might be neat to switch out Ganondorf for Ghirahim. Maybe.  

D i a

Unbeatable Bookworm

27,575 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Married 100

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:45 am
Yeah, I hope they don't just make Zelda/Shiek and Ganondorf the same. That'd be a big disappointment. So far it's looking almost TOO similar to Brawl, and I really want them to change things up.

I'm really curious about what they'll do with the Pokémon trainer. Also I'm on a school computer and autocorrect added the accent to the e in Pokémon woah  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:40 pm
I feel like it's possible we'll have a Toon Zelda, and a more SS/TP based Zelda. I know it's another LoZ character, but... they did it for Link! If they do, though, I hope we won't get another cloned moveset. But that won't happen, right? emotion_awesome

I'm curious about the PKMN trainer too. As much as I love Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle, I'm hoping they use some different pokemon...

The Villager and Wii fit trainer were surprises, so I wonder if we'll see any more. Is it confirmed that it's only going to be a 35 character roster? I think that's only one character off from SSBB. They must be cutting some characters too... Who would you like to see cut? I wouldn't mind seeing Falco or Wolf go, Wario too.  

D i a

Unbeatable Bookworm

27,575 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Married 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:45 am
A bunch of characters could be cut, especially if they don't want to up the roster more. Toon Link, Lucas, Falco, Wolf and Ganondorf, who needs desperately to be reworked. Brawl didn't have as many clones as Melee and the ones it did have were changed a lot more. I could see both Lucas and Ness staying as well as Wolf and Fox, but Toon Link and Ganondorf either need to be reworked or removed.

But Toon Link is confirmed! And he looks to play exactly the same as he did in Brawl, just like every single other confirmed, returning character. That is probably the most maddening thing about SSB4.

Well, it's one of several maddening things.

Sakurai doesn't want to have a storyline with cutscenes ala Subspace Emissary because when Brawl released, people just uploaded them to YouTube and watched them without playing or buying the game. Despite this being fantastic viral marketing for not only Super Smash Bros., but for every single franchise in any said video. That's about 20 franchises. Not to mention that playing through the Subspace Emissary was not very much fun--I only really played through it TO see the cutscenes (and unlock characters).

But seriously, how cool was it to see such unique pairups? Diddy Kong meets the Starfox team and helps them fight Rayquaza. ******** it, I don't want to put up more examples, I'm going to go watch some of those videos right now.

Secondly, he doesn't want to up the roster too ridiculously. The last game had 35 fighters (36 for Shiek, 38 if you divide Pkmn Trainer, 39 for ZSS) which I think is a good number, but would anyone really mind if it grew? He complains often about how hard these games are to make (which is also laughable to me because Brawl was very similar to Melee and characters from Melee were similar to how they were in Brawl and not to SSB4, how hard can that ********' be you already made the game twice), but if you're not going to add many characters to the roster NUMBER, you're going to have to cut characters in order to add new ones. Or you just won't add many new ones!

Don't get me wrong, I like the three new characters we've seen so far (also, three? really? Brawl's first teaser announced Wario, Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus and Snake.) but I'm getting worried he'll end up cutting a bunch of characters, which NO ONE likes and which will just lead the modding community to trying to create a "better" version of that same game.

The only characters I can really see getting cut are: Toon Link (cloned too much, but ********, already confirmed), Snake (Kojima has given Nintendo the cold shoulder since Brawl, pretty much), Falco and Wolf (I can see Wolf staying, but Falco is much too cloney), Lucas (clone), ROB ( crying ), a Fire Emblem character (both are likely gone to be replaced by one), Lucario (possibly?) and maybe Mr. Game & Watch since the Villager looks like he might be that weird guy that uses weird stuff against you. That's nine characters they can cut to add nine new ones if they want to be harsh with their cutting and keep the roster at the same number. I hope that not all of those characters get cut (we know one will not be), but even if they did, that's only nine new characters that they can add. Maybe they'll knock it up to 40 and keep some of them, but I really just want a great big collection of characters and to not look back at the last game and mourn the loss of some.

THIRDLY, he doesn't want to add many third party characters! Why not? SSB has pretty much eaten up almost all of the Nintendo characters that it feasibly can. I don't want there to be like ten third party characters, but Mega Man and Sonic are great additions and they could add a few others.

I ALSO don't like how all of the handheld games are only getting represenation on 3DS and console games are getting it on Wii U. I loved Pictochat on Brawl because it was so neat to see something so basic from a handheld put into such a rich environment like a modern console. How great would it be to see Kid Icarus Uprising stages in HD? Or vice-versa, a Pikmin stage on 3DS? It'll be weird how some characters just straight-up won't have stages in the 3DS game. F-Zero, Pikmin, Wii Fit. Or franchises that don't grace handhelds often? Metroid and Starfox will have to have a stage from Metroid II or Hunters or Starfox Command.

TOO LONG DIDNT READ: I'm worried because Sakurai doesn't want to up the roster number much but we have a bunch of clones already, characters aren't change much from Brawl from Melee, he doesn't want cutscenes for single player and disparity between 3DS and Wii U versions.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 pm
Hmm.... Simon Belmont, Shantae, Ichigo Kurosaki, someone from Street Fighter.......  

Axel Daimora

Versatile Shapeshifter

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:35 pm
The Comedian, Knives Chau, Rei Ayanami.......  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff