Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Mitchell Home Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:29 pm
User Image

User Image Location: Home

Grace was lying on the couch with the newest book that her father George brought home for her. He had to go to work so she was left to her own devices. Fine by her really although, she was bored out of her mind and it was too damn quiet. Why couldn't they have a dog or something?

This was the first time George had left Grace alone in what seemed like weeks. She had practically pushed him out the door saying she'd be fine while he was at work. If she could survive with her sisters while he was working then she could survive by herself. However she still wasn't used to the quiet of being in the house alone.

'I wonder when dad's going to come home... or when the next letter will be from my sister...' Grace thought. She hadn't received many letters from Leonette and zero from Mira which she suspected she wouldn't get one. The ones that were sent Leonette addressed it from the both of them even though she could tell it was only Leonette who wrote it. Regardless it would be nice to hear from them again or anyone from that matter...

With: Alone

Wearing: Cold weather is coming!

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:37 pm
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Chaser ~ Dating David League

User Image
Mira Ani Mitchell
Slytherin Second Year
Beater

User ImageLocation: Home

Leonette was studying for her OWLs rather hard for the beginning weeks of summer. Nobody had really seen her except for when they went into the bedroom and she was surrounded by books. That didn't seem to bother either of the girls so they just left her to it, and went about their own devices. Surprisingly Mira was doing the same thing, only she wasn't studying for her OWLs, (that wasn't for a few years yet) and she wasn't surrounded by books.

No, Mira was dealing with only one book and it was one she didn't plan on having her sisters’ notice she had. Since having her own room she could read in peace without her sisters knowing what she was up too. Of course when Leonette had taken a short break and realized after looking around the house that Grace was gone her solitude shattered.

"Mira! Have you seen Grace?" Leonette called out as she ran up the stairs and burst into her sister's room. "Good god Leo! Get out!" Mira shouted as she quickly covered the book she was working on with her potions book. "Can't a girl have her own privacy in this place." she muttered before her sister interrupted her thoughts.

"Look I'm just trying to find Grace alright. So, have you seen her or not?" Leonette asked again a bit more calmly. "No, I haven't seen her since this morning." Mira answered. "She probably just went to the museum or the library." she added rolling her eyes. "She's ten Mira. What, ten year old goes off on their own without telling anyone?" Leonette had a valid point. "One whose sisters were at school all year, and whose only parent is a father that happens to work all day..." She too had a point. With that Mira got up from her chair and pushed her older sister out of the room.

Closing her door behind them, Mira looked back at Leonette. "Now do you mind I'd like to go back to my studying." she said. "You can't go back to studying you have to help me find Grace before Dad comes home." Leonette told her. "You check the library I'll check the museum." she said dragging her sister down the stairs. "Why do I have to go to the library I'm the fan of art?" Mira questioned. "Because… I'm not going to get side tracked looking at the art work."

With that the two headed out of the house and all Mira wanted was to go back upstairs to her room...

(Exit to Library & Museum)

Leonette

Wearing: Red and Black
_________

Mira

Wearing: Butterfly Central
_________

With: Each other...

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:36 am
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Chaser ~ Dating David League

User Image
Mira Ani Mitchell
Slytherin Third Year
Beater

User Image Location: Home

Leonette was practically tackled by her sister Grace when she found out she was leaving. "What do you mean you're leaving?" she questioned jumping onto her sister's bed in a panic. "She's going into the snake pit." Mira commented from her spot by the door. "Oh shush would you? I'm just going to David's grandparents. They want to meet me." Leonette explained as she packed. "Yeah so that they can eat you and spit you out." Mira said with a smirk. "Mira!" Leonette snapped.

Grace looked at Leonette with worried eyes. "It's not like that okay, don't worry." she assured the short blond. "Okay, what are we going to do while you’re gone?" Grace asked curiously. "Why don't you read up on some first year topics? You can't just expect to know everything all because you read it once." Leonette suggested. "Alright, I will." she said with a smile. "Great now that we've cleared that up you have a real problem..." Mira commented leaning against the wall. "What?" Leonette questioned. "You have nothing to wear do you...?" With that the Gryffindor froze. "Not exactly..." Rolling her eyes Mira gestured for her sister to follow.

Walking into the Slytherin's very green bedroom Leonette watched as she opened her closet. "Go ahead, god knows I have more green then you do, I dress like a girl unlike you do and dare I saw we are the same height." Mira had a point she needed to look nice, overly nice. Hell she had heels but usually never used them because well she preferred running shoes. "And don't say anything mushy." she added. Leonette shook her head and went onto browse her sister's wardrobe.

Getting a few nice things out of her sister's closet, Leonette packed them up and a few of her own things. "So, how do I look?" she asked her sisters. "You look great!" Grace said brightly. "Grown up..." Mira replied simply. "Thanks you guys." she said with a smile. "Well I better head out of here. Be good please and no fighting." she told them both. Each of them gave her a nod before watching Leonette head off to what was practically her death sentence.

(Exit Leonette to Avery Manor)

User Image

Grace Nicola Mitchell
Unsorted First Year

Stat's

Leonette: A little worried
Mira: Being Helpful
Grace: Depressed

Wearing

Leonette: Looking Grown Up
Mira: Green Dress
Grace: Skirt and T-shirt

With: each other

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:47 pm
The Mitchell Family...

George//////////////Leonette///////////////Mira//////////////////Grace////////
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Muggle Liaison Office/////Gryffindor///////////Slytherin////////////Ravenclaw/////

All was pretty much quiet today. Grace was sitting outside reading, George and Leonette were tidying up before David came, and Mira was upstairs doing who knows what. Regardless the day was going well until Mira walked over to her bedroom door. ‘Why’s my door open?’ she thought as she pushed it open. Looking around her room nothing seemed out of place. Except that one of her books wasn’t on her shelf. Marching downstairs she went into the kitchen only to find Leonette. That’s when she saw her book in the hands of her younger sister who was sitting outside.

Without saying anything to Leonette, Mira marched straight outside and snatched the book back from Grace. “What happened to don’t go in my room?” she shouted at her twelve year old sister. “Mira, I’m sorry. I just thought that… since you and Timothy were dating and we’re in the same house that, learning sign language would be nice so that we could talk better.” Grace tried to reason with her sister. “I would rather you not talk Timothy.” Mira said following her arms as she headed back to the patio door. “But why not we’re family?” she called after her. “You’re no family of mine.” With that Mira stormed back into the house and back upstairs.

“Leo!” Grace called running into the house and tackling her oldest sister. “Gracie what’s wrong?” Leonette asked in confusion. What was going on now? “Mira yelled at me…” she said her eyes watering. This was just what she needed before David got here. With all the commotion George walked into the kitchen. “What’s going on in here?” he asked looking to his soon to be seventeen year old for an answer. “I guess Mira said something to Grace to make her upset or something… she’s not really saying…” she explained. So much for today being a good day…

Stats'

George: Looking forward to today... wondering what's going on...
Leonette: Happy... Wishing this wasn't happening today...
Mira: Alright... wishing Grace was dead...
Grace: Happy... Sad & Depressed not to mention Hurt

Who we're with: Each other
OOC: Here's what's going on in the Mitchell household before David comes to visit
((Outfits in pictures))

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:59 pm
User Image
xDavid Sinclair Averyxxxxx
xxxx <7th Year>
Time: Summer of 2029
Dressed: "Casually"

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

David had never been to Ackerley, of course as he got older he realized compared to most of his classmates where he had been was fairly limited. There was London, and he supposed right outside of London the outer limits like Greenwhich, and then there was Tinworth. When he apparated a quarter mile away from the Mitchell Family's home, he found the place to be essentially what he'd consider a fairly sleepy town. He spent the distance of walking to basically take a deep breath and calm himself assuring him that meeting Leo's father would probably be far less of an ordeal than him having to go through her meeting some of his family members (correction: all of his family members).

He checked his pocket again making sure a small box was still there, hoping that perhaps he could direct the conversation to where he'd rather it go. And of course that there was no chaos for the day. Granted, there was Leo's two sisters who he was pretty sure still hated each other there so there would be fielding that problem. Maybe he could just use a silencing spell on both of them and stick them in separate corners for an hour. Also, considering he's been of age for almost six months now it wasn't like he was doing underage magic like he had been for the past two summers (just smart enough to do so in the presence of another witch or wizard) to say silence Leah in public for example to avoid making a scene. It worked and he always made it up to her, so he didn't see the problem. Common sense parenting or child care? Something of the sort, either way.

As he reached the address he looked at the home with the slightest frown as he looked at the bright red house, he still couldn't exactly see how the house was large enough to house three sisters, unless someone was sharing a room (which was likely). David took a deep breath as he raise his hand to knock on the door, realizing that Leo's patience may have stemmed from living in such a small space with two sisters who seemed to be constantly at war. Or more accurately, one sister who tried to be at war with everyone.

Shaking his head once David, knocked a few times in a steady rhythm on the door hoping it was Leo (or even Mira) who opened the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:24 pm
The Mitchell Family...

George//////////////Leonette///////////////Mira//////////////////Grace////////
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Muggle Liaison Office/////Gryffindor///////////Slytherin////////////Ravenclaw/////

Grace after some coaxing finally told her father and sister what happened. By the time she had got the hold story out she was in tears and still glued onto Leonette. The next thing Leonette knew there was a scream from upstairs on cue with a knock at the door. “Grace! Where’s Spice?” Mira shouted at the top of her lungs. She’d torn her whole room apart and to no avail her pet rat was nowhere in sight. Leonette felt like she was going to die. “This can’t be happening to me…” she muttered causing George to take his attention off of Grace and onto Leonette. “I didn’t do it.” Grace said in response to the loss of Mira’s pet.

“Leo, go get the door and I’ll deal with this.” George told her as he turned his attention to Grace. “Now Gracie we need let go of your sister so she can answer the door. We wouldn’t want to leave David standing on our door step would we?” he said slowly getting her to let go. “No, we wouldn’t…” she agreed allowing Leonette her freedom. “Thank you.” Leonette said racing out of the room and leaving her father to give Grace the lecture about giving her sister her space and not touching her things.

Practically sliding down the hall Leonette tore the door open. “Hey David, am I ever glad to see you.” She said with a smile. On a day like today he was by far the best thing in her life. “I hope you didn’t have trouble finding the place.” She added stepping aside to let him into the hallway just as Mira came rampaging down the stairs. “Leo, have you seen Spice… anywhere…?” Mira asked rather irritated before noticing David and trailing off. “Hey David,” she said before looking incredulous back at her sister. “You never mentioned David was coming. Anyways if you see a rat let me know.” With that Mira raced off into the kitchen without an answer from her sister.

“Have you seen Spice?” Mira asked as she entered the kitchen. Grace was sitting at the kitchen table wishing she hadn’t come into the room. “No and I didn’t see him when I was in your room either…” she commented quietly. “Mira just the daughter I wanted to see. Sit.” George told her. Taking a seat on the opposite end of the table from her sister Mira knew she was in trouble. “Both of you need to apologize to one another.” He told them. “She went in my room.” she retorted. “Yes, we don’t tell our family we don’t think of them as such.” Okay, so her father had her on that one. “Fine… I’m sorry for what I said.” Whether Mira’s apology was sincere was another story. “And I’m sorry for going into your room without asking.” Grace replied. “Now, both of you go look for Spice. We don’t need him roaming around the house.” With that both girls rushed off out into the hall and upstairs. Grace gave David a quick hello as she passed by and followed after Mira.

“Sorry for the chaos. My sisters’ decided today was a good day to kill each other.” Leonette explained as she gave him a hug and a kiss before adding. “Luckily dad was home to intervene this time. Anyways, dad should be in the living room now that things are sorted out among those two.”

Stats'

George: Glad that's sorted out
Leonette: Happy... Wishing this wasn't happening today...
Mira: Still wishing Grace was dead...
Grace: Better but wishing things were different...

Who we're with: Each other... David
((Outfits in pictures))

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:52 am
User Image
xxxx <7th Year>

When the door was opened by Leo, David's first thought (beyond the relief it was her instead of say her family-though he supposed either of her sisters greeting him wouldn't be that bad) was how chaotic the house seemed. He was used to homes where everything had its proper place and only rarely did anything venture far from that place. At his parents' it was because they had a regular maid. In the case of his grandparents' he figured it was out of practicality (since the place was huge and the Averys saw fit to get rid of all their house elves at least half a century ago) to make the place easier to stay organized and probably because his whole family was a bit neurotic. "I'm not intruding on anything?" David asked as he stepped inside looking around, noting that it seemed loud-or louder than he had expected-as someone was banging around upstairs it sounded like.

He then shook his head and answered, "And no, it was easy enough to find for me. I was given good dir-" He was interupted when Mira barrelled down the stairs and David stepped back as she came by, leaving before even giving him a chance to get a word in to her. "The directions you gave me were good," David finished still watching where Mira had headed off a bit baffled on what the commotion was. And before he was given too much time to think on the manner, both Mira and Grace passed.

After saying a quick 'hello' to both, David glanced at Leo and said with a raised brow, "Mira's pet rat is missing? Why doesn't one of them just do a summoning charm? It isn't that hard." He paused, knowing there was the argument of the fact that underage magic was not allowed, but really it was a rule more for protection of others from magic gone wrong and secrecy of the wizarding community. And the system for detecting underage magic was flawed: they couldn't really trace it to an underage individual if there was a witch or wizard of age close by.

"Either way, let us just hope Mira didn't discuss ideas on committing murder with Wendy..." He half joked before shaking his head and said, "I'm joking... mostly. Wendy's mostly harmless. Though, speaking of my cousin, if Mira needs a break from you guys she could always visit Wendy at the main manor. I'm sure Wendy would actually enjoy having a friend over, not that she'd ever actually ask or think to bring up an idea to my grandparents, but I could clear it..." He trailed off as Leo hugged and kissed him and he returned the greetings and nodded when she said her father should now be in the living room.

"I suppose last summer you navigated the snake pit, so it is now my turn to face the lion's den?" He said taking a deep breath, before he slid off his jacket, folding it carefully over his arm so nothing fell out of the jacket's pockets.

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:21 pm
Gryffindor Seventh Year ~ Captain
Chaser ~ Dating David Avery (League)
George Edwyn Mitchell
Muggle Liaison Office Employee
Former Gryffindor

User ImageUser Image Location: Home (Beginning of Summer)

Leonette instantly shook her head. “No, not unless you count Mira’s tantrum upstairs.” She answered. Watching Mira come and go the soon to be seventeen year old wanted to kill her. “That good to hear.” She added looking back to David. “And for the record I did mention you were coming.” She said before adding with a sigh. “Your guess is as good as mine… This all started about ten minutes ago when Mira realized Grace went into her room.” With that the two younger girls ran by to clearly do team building knowing her father’s logic. It usually seemed to help when it was him getting them to do it all she usually got was more fighting. Guess when you’re the sister it doesn’t always work out.

“Let’s put it this way… Dad prefers us to live like muggles despite the fact all three of us can do magic without much effort.” Leonette explained. “And I suppose they could but aside from it being against the law, it keeps them both busy and preferably quiet. Besides chances are he’s just hiding under someone’s bed.” She added knowing David had been breaking that rule since Leah was born. “Emphasis on the mostly…” Leonette said with a smile. “You know I think Mira would like that. It would certainly cheer her up since being stuck here all summer isn’t her idea of fun.”

Mira had been trying to figure out a way for a while to get an invite to hang with Wendy over the summer. Sadly Wendy had never taken the bait. Secretly Mira may have been jealous of Leonette getting to go while she was stuck with Grace the whole time. Leonette kind of sensed that but figured keeping quiet was best. If anything David’s clearance would certainly give him brownie points not that he needed them with her family. “Trust me David this will be nothing like meeting your grandparents. My father’s more like a gentle kitten compared to them. Besides from what I can tell he already approves of you so you have little to worry about.” She assured him with a half laugh at his analogy. Maybe it was the lion’s den.

“Coat racks right over here if you want to hang that up if not the living room as well as everywhere else is down this way.” Leonette said gesturing to the coat rack hidden away around the other side of the stairs. Leading the way to the living room which was seemingly right passed the rack she pointed out. Entering the room George looked to the entrance way. “Dad this is David, David this is my father George.” She introduced them. “Hello David, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” George said with a smile. "Leo's told me quite a bit about you." He had a feeling he knew why Leonette liked David, who was he to ruin that for her.

Leonette

Wearing: Red Top & Jean Capris

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

George

Wearing: T-Shirt and Jeans

OOC: Hope this works for you smile

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:09 am
User Image
xxxx <7th Year>

"You only have to worry about breaking the law if you have to worry about being caught," David said with a shrug, not seeming to question the ethics of breaking the law-granted, he would argue the underage magic ban was fairly ridiculous most of the time anyways. Most pureblood children didn't exactly perfectly listen to the rule, probably many halfbloods, or so David reckoned. However, Leo did have a point that the search did have her two younger sisters banding together and at least not completely at each other's throats. "I don't know if visiting the Manor would count as fun. It might make her appreciate you lot more, though."

He forced a small smile as Leo pointed out that it would be nothing like meeting his grandparents and that her father was like a gentle kitten compared to them. "You're allergic to cats," David said wryly, "Wouldn't a kitten be of more concern than a snake? Granted you met Mum without much issue. And Cathy is pretty much a snake among the badgers, though, I figure you've figured that out by now."

Shaking his head to the offer on the coat rack, David joked, "Who knows I might need to make a quick escape? Trust me, I grew up with cats, and I think Dad had them trained to be his spies in the house. Cats can be pretty scary," he assured her as he walked into the living room, and stepped forward as Leo introduced him to her father George.

David gave a half smile and held out a hand to the man and said, "A pleasure as well, Mr. Mitchell. I hope it wasn't anything too awful..." He added in regards to Leo mentioning him. "And, of course, sir, I do owe you an apology for not meeting you sooner. I feel like I keep kidnapping your daughter considering I have yet to have any correspondence with you yet: I do apologize."

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:23 pm
George Edwyn Mitchell
Former Gryffindor

Leonette simply shook her head at David’s response. Honestly he sounded just like her sister. No wonder she was the Gryffindor, concerning herself with the rules. Although usually Gryffindors were the risk takers… maybe her being a lion was rubbing off on him. “Trust me to Mira it’s more fun than being here and I really don’t think anything would make her appreciate me more.” She said, sure it wasn’t a fun place for them but to a Slytherin like Mira she’d find the charm in it.

Smiling at David’s reminder that she was allergic to cats, Leonette recalled when he found out about that. “Me maybe but you however are not allergic to cats so no need for a concern. For the record my allergy towards cats isn’t that bad so depending on the snake they can be far more concerning then a kitten.” She replied. “As for your mum and sister they nothing compared to your grandparents.” The Gryffindor certainly didn’t find David’s mother or sister to be hard to meet and talk to. Perhaps it was because they weren’t the hard core Slytherin’s like his grandparents. Either way at least she didn’t have a problem with David’s immediate family.

“Ha-ha very funny David.” Leonette replied with a smile. “I’m not letting you escape that easily.” She said knowing there was nothing she could do if he apparated away on her. Granted he would never do that even if things did go bad not that she believed they would. “Though you have a point when those cats look at you it’s like they’re looking into your soul or something.” She questioned how smart those cats were. David’s father definitely had them trained.

George smiled as he shook David’s hand. “I can assure you it was all good things.” He said a little surprised at how well-mannered the seventeen year old was. After all he was by no stretch like that when he was his age. “No need to apologize you can kidnap her anytime you like. Feel free to make yourself at home and have a sit.” He added taking a seat in one of the arm chairs and allowing Leo and David the couch. “So, Leo tells me you plan on being a healer. I’m impressed you had that figured out at such a young age.” He said as Leonette took a seat. “I know Leo’s still working on that herself.”

When George mentioned she didn’t have her career sorted out Leonette looked almost offended. “Dad,” she said not even able to argue his fact. She really didn’t have it figured out although she had a career idea in mind. “Sorry…” he said to Leonette before looking back to David. “I am grateful however that she has adopted what I can only assume is your good study habits.” George said with a smile.

Leonette

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

George

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:26 pm
User Image
xxxx <7th Year>

David raised a brow ever so slightly as George reassured him it was only good things Leo had said about him. And he merely shrugged for the moment on the point about kidnapping Leo anytime he felt like it and took a seat next to Leo, folding his jacket in his lap carefully, and leaning forward ever so slightly as he was quizzed on his future plans and Leo was outed for still debating her own future career choice. "It is my father's profession-in a way. He's a muggle surgeon to be technical, and considering his specialty he likes to consider it more him being an artist, but it doesn't discount the medical aspect of it," David answered. "I was lucky enough to be exposed early to a career field that caught my interest, sir. Besides, I feel as if I am more of an anomaly than anything. Plenty of our peers have switched career ideas as we near graduation-or still debating them."

He glanced down at his lap and listened as George credited Leonette's study habits to him and David shook his head, "Oh, no, Leo had the same work ethic when it came to her studies long before I came around. That has nothing at all to do with me, sir..."

He paused and frowned slightly before turning the subject back to what the man said earlier, and after a pause began, "And if I plan on kidnapping her on a long term basis, sir...? With Leo's consent, of course..." He trailed off, pulling out the small rosewood box from the pocket of his jacket and held it out in front of him before glancing at Leo and said, "Well, I suppose, she'd be the one to actually give the final say so, but it is proper to seek your permission first before I'm so bold as to..." He paused and gave an unsure smile to George.

Of course it was far younger than most people considered such matters, but David figured, it was just like deciding long before he started attending Hogwarts he wanted to go into the healing field as a healer or mediwizard. He was the sort he didn't bother spending forever waiting after making a decision. It seemed stupid to do so. He probably got the trait from his mother, after all, that was the woman who at age eight decided the love of her life was his father and when she saw him again once of age... well, she made it happen, despite Sinclair League practically hating all wizarding kind and the eight year age difference. And of course the weirdness of the fact that Sinclair League used to babysit his mother. Not so weird when they got older, David had supposed, though. His parents laughed about it now, after all.

As he waited, he could feel panic start to sink in. Was he being too pushy? Was it one of those things Leo would laugh at him or her father would be horrified at. But, Leo's parents had married practicaly right out of Hogwarts, surely his thinking couldn't be that foreign to the man... right?

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:51 pm
George Edwyn Mitchell
Former Gryffindor

George listened to David as he talked about how he’d found he had an interest his field of choice. In a way it reminded him of how he’d had his life figured out rather quickly as well. “I know how that feels, much like yourself I had my career figured out at an early age.” He admitted. “I’m sure Leo’s told you I work in the muggle liaison office at the ministry.” He added. Leonette smiled when David told her father she’d already had a good work ethic. Truth was when she was a kid she poured her heart and soul into sports so her grades weren’t all that fantastic but they were decent enough. However when she meet David in first year she felt like she should really work on a balance between her studies and athletics.

When David pulled out the box from his pocket Leonette’s heart stopped. Actually she was pretty sure she’d stopped breathing. Maybe she was dead? No, but it felt like it. Was this really happening? Sure she fantasized over the idea like most girls her age when they thought they’d found ‘the one’. ‘Is he really asking… what I think he’s asking…? Wait what’s my dad going to say…?’ Leonette thought in a bit of a panic. She didn’t want her father to kill him. Though, at this point she just wanted to shout out her answer to an already obvious question that had not yet been asked. Of course reframing would be in her best interest she would assume.

George had a feeling that sometime soon someone would ask his oldest daughter for her hand in marriage. However he never thought that it would be before she graduated. To Leonette’s surprise her father didn’t look horrified or stunned. Her father looked almost as if he was in thought about what David had said. Then again even she was in thought over it. After a bit of thought George decided to give his opinion or rather a question on the matter. As David simply put, it was Leo’s final say. So he hardly had any right to say how things were going to be. “As you said it is her decision that matters.” He said looking to his daughter sitting next to him with a look of shock and awe.

“I have only one question for you, do you love her?” George asked as he looked back at David. If David could answer that then he already had his answer to his own question. When her father asked his question Leonette was still awestruck but she turned her gaze from the box in his hand to him. Would he really want to ask her such a question if he didn’t? Leonette certainly didn’t think so.

Leonette

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

George

OOC: Oh my god... oh my god... oh my god... I'm loving this right now!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:12 pm
User Image
xxxx <7th Year>

David had nodded when George brought up his career, not bothering to say he was sure to have it investigated to some degree so he could spin it right to his grandparents. However, things grew tense as he proposed his question, well technically he didn't get the words out but it was implied. People don't pull out ring boxes for no reason-not this stage in a relationship.

He swallowed as George looked at him and David glanced to Leo and then back to the man and swallowed once again when George said he had one question for him... when the question came out, David let out a breath he didn't completely realize he was holding and a small chuckle. "That's the question?" He asked and shook his head. "Of course, I do. Selfishly and unequivocally I've loved your daughter, Leonette Rosalia Mitchell for a while."

He smiled slightly and said, "So, good sir, would you allow me to properly ask your daughter's hand in marriage?"

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:40 am
George Edwyn Mitchell
Former Gryffindor

George nodded to David as he questioned the fact that he was asking that simple of a question. Truth was that's all he needed to know. He knew his daughter well enough to know that she loved him. And when you have a daughter that talks to you about everything late at night like she's much older then she is you trust her decisions. He knew about the Avery's or at least as much as anyone else did and what his daughter might have said, but he wasn't the type to think David was anything like that. If he was, then he wouldn't be asking to marry his daughter and his sorting would have gone much differently.

Hearing David's answer George smiled. "Well then if you feel that strongly about your feelings toward her, then by all means you have my permission and my blessing." he told him. "With that said I'll leave the two of you to discuss this matter properly." he said standing. "It was very nice meeting you David." he said walking to the doorway leading to the hall before adding. "Oh and another thing, if you're going to be my son in-law just George would be fine." With that George walked out of the room and upstairs to see how Grace and Mira were making out.

(Exit George)

When David said what he did Leonette's heart went from pounding out of her chest to stopping all together. Glancing between David and her father she was absentmindedly brushing her hair to the side so that it drabbed over her right shoulder. It wasn't until her father left the room that she'd realized she'd done it and was now twirling her hair into a spiral. Then she realized just how nervous she was. This happy nervous feeling was certainly a new thing for her.

Leonette

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

George

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:55 am
User Image
xxxx <7th Year>

David nodded at George's response, trying to suppress the large grin that kept creeping on his lips, glad that one part of the trial was done-granted he still had to actually ask Leo. Just because her father said he'd give him his blessing didn't mean Leo had to say yes-though, he figured if she had some major objection she would have said something by this point. He expected as much of her and would really hope she did. "Thank-you, sir," David answered, standing as George said it was nice meeting him and then said that just George would be fine. David had a feeling it would take a long while-at best-before he ever felt comfortable calling the man by his first name, son-in-law or not.

He took a long breath after George left the room, and stood, laying his jacket on the couch, and holding the ring box in his hand and turned to look at Leo. "I... before I ask you properly, I want to remind you of my situation..." David said. "As cold as it sounds, until my grandparents get around to dying, I'm going to have to make decisions at least what is seen publicly and by them that probably won't look very good. Things you won't like... that I sure won't like. But there are always loopholes and..."

He sighed, "I know it's asking a lot but you have to trust my judgement sometimes when it comes to certain things if you say yes and... and well... I don't exactly have the most trustworthy reputation I feel like."

Closing his eyes for a moment he said, "But, I do mean every word I said to your father about how I feel about you. I do unequivocally love you... even if it is selfish of me. It's horridly selfish. After all, you have the nice sane family, I don't. Yet, none the less, if you'll please say yes to my horridly selfish question... and hopefully I didn't totally botch the ring size or design decision..." He gave her a half smile and got down on a single knee and held opened the rosewood ring box, revealing the diamond engagement ring and said, "Leonette Rosalia Mitchell, will you be so kind as to agree to marry me?"

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items