Reply Social Room
GET YOUR ARMOR READY, THE HUNT IS ON Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:27 am
we'll see, currently im just tryin to get a few weapons ready for high rank upgrades and farming some high rank stuff. also gotta replenish my Res points (just spent them all on farming 1 thing) and gettin those villager requests done, only got a couple so shouldn't be long. today though i gotta clean up a bit around the house so i might be on a bit later.

edit: ok so half my lava nuggets = 24k res points. that works. also i registered you.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:48 pm
despite the guild person telling me to run from deviljho i didn't. i killed that b***h. gunlance for the epic win. cool  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:47 pm
Xilo, how much play time have you put into the game so far?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:33 am
well even though you asked on steam i have an actual time now.

80 hours. i started the day of release on the 19th.

i'd be farther than i am but, i've been holding back waiting on a couple of slow pokes.  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:59 am
K, cool. I only just started to kill Lagiacrus, but I'm at about 25 hours. A lot of walkin around figuring out what to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:33 pm
yeah the guide i linked lists the spots monsters like to frequent so finding em would be a bit easier. and then it has a full map for each map with a list of gathering points and what each one could have in it.

i myself got to high rank in the tavern and currently trying to get a good gunner armor made. i'm thinking with what i have access to now, im just gonna make Alloy S. gives me a few options atleast.  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:23 pm
I'm ******** TERRIBLE at this game. SO MUCH ANGER.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm
You're not terrible, the game is. ^^  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm
16-bit Jazzy
You're not terrible, the game is. ^^

You can say what you want about me. I can take it. But don't you talk about my monster hunter. I'LL KILL YOU.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm
the game is really fun with other people. people that you know anyway.  

Xilo The Odd

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:54 pm
killed the village jhen moran hunting quest on the first try.

if i had to make a recommendation.

Ice gunlance. specifically, the Jade barroth one. and go in with atleast artillery expert. makes EVERYTHING you do just that extra bit awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:08 am
ohsnapjasmine
Yeah, I tried out the 3DS demo (cramped) and have watched some vids of the Wii U version. I'm scared that I'll just absolutely suck at it though. I've been wanting to get into it for the online since Tri...
I dunno. gonk  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 am
its a learning process. when i picked up freedom unite for the PsP i was terrible too. its just practicing with a weapon a few times in a row, learning the full mechanics of the weapon, then learn about what your taking it up against.

fighting the new stuff myself, i only succeeded cause i have like 1k hours total over all the MH games i've played. i got dat instinct now.

practice doesn't make perfect but, it'll reduce noobery atleast xP

and the community on the wiiu version seems to be relatively helpful answering questions.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:15 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
ohsnapjasmine
Yeah, I tried out the 3DS demo (cramped) and have watched some vids of the Wii U version. I'm scared that I'll just absolutely suck at it though. I've been wanting to get into it for the online since Tri...
I dunno. gonk

The game is unforgiving, unfriendly, and is entirely at fault. It barely explains some of its mechanics, and completely forgets to mention others even exist. It's unfortunate, too since the game isn't terribly complex. Luckily the community is passionate and loaded with helpful resources. Literally every aspect of every MH game is covered to exhaustion.

If you're interested in playing, I say go for it. So long as you get the WiiU version, you can't go wrong. Hunting with friends is a lot of fun. But regardless of online or offline play, taking down monsters you're legitimately intimidated by is super satisfying. That is not commonly found in today's games.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 pm
the same kind of dragon over and over again in skyrim gets pretty lame. but then you got something that say, burrows into volcanic rock and launches itself at you as it surfaces and fires a beam of fire. or something that turns into a wheel 4 times as tall as you and tries to squish you, or a monster as big as the boat your riding in trying to ram and destroy your ship with its sheer whale like mass.

the fights are always interesting and never quite the same.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff