Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:43 pm
As she worked with the food, she lost her awareness of her surroundings, for now grateful to have something normal and safe to focus on. At the sound of footsteps in her living room, however, she looked up, jumping and dropping the food she was handling in surprise as Yuri appeared across the room. Putting a hand over her now racing heart, she closed her eyes, trying to regain her footing.

"I'm sorry... I forgot you were..." She broke off, sighing heavily. With a deeper breath, and flushed cheeks, she looked to him again, nodding toward the couch. "I... got you some new clothes, while I was in town... I-I figured you wouldn't want to wear the prison clothes anymore..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm
Yuri was almost as surprised as she was when Dove was startled. "Whoa, hey!" His quick reflexes going into action as he stooped to catch the falling food, only just barely.

Putting the stuff back on the counter, he blinked when she told him she'd gotten him clothes, his gaze going towards the couch. "Uh... thanks. You didn't have to do that," but really he was quietly grateful cause yeah, he didn't exactly want to walk around in prison clothes.

Obviously she was still nervous around him, so Yuri gave Dove her space and walked towards the couch to check out the clothes.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:04 pm
She watched him as he walked away, her eyes widening as she looked him over, her gaze moving from bruise to dark bruise, then to the gauze and tape on his back, to the wet bandage around his arm. Setting the food aside to cook, she made her way over to him, her expression still shocked as she gently took his wrist to stop him.

"Yuri, you..." she broke off again, clearly at a loss for words as she looked him over more closely, her expression that obvious disbelief. Her hand shook as she ran her fingers lightly along the top of the bandage around his arm. "This should be rewrapped. They're not supposed to get wet..." she said in hushed tones, swallowing hard. The people who had patched him up had probably not counted on his speedy release from prison, therefore foregoing the care instructions.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm
"Yeah, I know," Yuri said nonchalantly when her fingers touched his arm. He gave a slight shrug of his shoulders as if he didn't really care all that much. "It was either get wet or tear it off. I didn't know if you had anything to replace it with." Cause really.. rummaging through a girl's stuff? No thanks. You could come across some... hidden surprises. Like you know... tampons and crap. He'd rather not.

This wasn't the first time he'd been injured after all, and certainly wouldn't be the last. He knew basic first aid stuff.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:29 pm
Her brows furrowed briefly in confusion. Did it really not bother him at all? If she had been covered in bruises that large and dark, she likely wouldn't have been able to move, let alone go about her day as usual.

Nodding, she drew her hand back and headed toward her own room and bath, pulling a large white case from a closet close to her bed. She returned as quietly as she had left, setting the box on the coffee table and snapping open the lid to reveal its contents as she kneeled: an array of products and wraps and medications, all generic, save for her asthma drugs. After a few moments of digging, she produced a roll of crisp, white bandaging and tape, a bottle of disinfectant, and a bag of cotton swabs.

"Do you need help...? she offered gently, turning back to him form the floor. It was the least she could possibly do, she thought as she realized she had been the only one to escape completely unscathed. The other two couldn't even just be considered 'hurt'.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:40 pm
No, it didn't really bother him. He'd been in plenty of fights before, and even though it hurt, he was a tough guy. When Dove came back with the first aid stuff, Yuri was sitting on the couch, looking over the clothes. It was... nice stuff, and some of it didn't look all that bad either. He was kinda amazed at how Dove already knew him well enough to pick out a style that worked for him, and in the colors he liked too.

However, his attention went to her as she opened up the kit. He was about to assure he didn't need help, but stopped. Something in the back of his mind was telling him that he should probably let her help. Not for his sake so much as for her own. Again he smiled lightly.

"Yeah, sure."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:47 pm
With his permission, she made her way back to the kitchen to wash her hands, then sat next to him on her couch, focusing now on her work. As gently as she could, she peeled the bandage away from his arm, then the gauze below it, grimacing at the gash in his flesh and the fluids that seeped into the cotton laid over it. Setting the soiled wrappings aside, she began to clean the wound again, taking great care in her work.

"Are they okay? she asked, mopping up the area around the area with a larger cotton swab, then carefully laying another pad across the wound. "The clothes, I mean..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:54 pm
Yuri just watched silently as she tended to his arm. Not so much as flinching when she cleaned the wound, though he did appreciate the care she took. When asked about the clothes, he looked over to them. "Yeah, they're not bad." Not what he was use to certainly, but way better than anything else he had to wear at the moment.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:16 pm
A weak smile was pulled from her, as she held the cotton pad in place and began to wrap the gauze around it. "I know they're not your usual style, but they looked comfortable and... I liked them," she admitted, shrugging a little as she tightened the fabric around his arm. Tearing it, she smoothed it out, then did the same with the tape, winding it securely around her work to seal it. "They should be your size... I hope..."

Sighing, she sat the tape and gauze aside, tipping her head down. "Um... should I do your back too...?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 pm
"I think it'll work," Yuri said in regards to the clothes. They looked like they were about the right size, so he doubted he'd have much trouble with them fitting. When she was done with that wound, he flexed his arm a bit, grimacing slightly as the pain flared. But it was good, she hadn't made it too tight or too loose.

The question of his back gave him momentary pause though. "... Sure. I can't really reach it anyway." With that, he gathered up his hair and pulled it over his shoulder, showing off the long cut that crossed over his older scar.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 pm
She nodded, then stood to move behind him, gathering the proper materials before walking behind the couch so he didn't have to move. Brushing a few stray strands of hair out of her way, up across his shoulders, she carefully peeled back the patch they had laid over the cut, grimacing at the freshness across the older scar. Her brows furrowed as she set to work on the raw line. "What is the other one from...?" she asked, her cheeks flushing lightly as she recalled the last time she had seen this scar--in a dream in his bed. Her brows furrowed further; how on earth could such an inappropriate thought cross her mind at a time like this?

Absently, she brushed her fingers across his shoulder blade, lightly ghosting over a bruise that seemed to cover one entirely. "I've got some pretty strong pain killers in there, if you'd like one...." she added absently, fighting the urge to count the bruises across his back. It was painful enough to look at at a superficial level, and now that she was reworking the hospital's bandaging...

She clenched her jaw, refusing to give in to the emotion in front of him.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:51 am
Yuri sat patiently as she removed the bandages from his back. When she asked about the scar, he sighed a little. Not that it bothered him, it was just annoying to think about. "It was the same guys. They had kidnapped Emil and Luke and I went after them." There was a slight edge to his voice. It hadn't been the first time those thugs had given them a hard time, but the third. But now... they wouldn't be bothering them ever again.

The man turned his head slightly, almost looking back at her when she touched his shoulder. When she offered him pain killers, he considered that for a moment. The hospital had given him something for the pain, but it had worn off some time ago. While he didn't especially need it, he knew it'd make him feel better. And why not let Dove feel useful in taking care of him? She had been kind enough to do all this for him already, and he could tell she was having a hard time keeping herself together.

"Sure."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 am
She stayed silent at his answer and continued tending to his back, taking a moment to pause and regroup as she cleaned it, the entire situation combined with the visuals making her queasy. After closing her eyes and stilling a few moments, she finished patching him up, sure to check her work before she stepped away, back around to gather the soiled bandages. With that, she went to toss them, then made her way back to the kitchen to wash up and grab a bottle of water for him and check lunch.

Water bottles in hand, she went back to him, digging through the box yet again before offering him the strongest, non drowsy painkillers she had and the drink before opening her own and sipping at it slowly as she disappeared toward the kitchen again in distressed silence.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 am
The silence was a bit unsettling, and when she finished with his back, Yuri flipped his hair back again. Dark eyes watched Dove mill about the apartment, taking the offered water and pills. Again he watched as she disappeared into the kitchen. ... Okay, this just couldn't go on. He'd be a real jerk if he didn't say something.

With a resigned sigh, Yuri downed the pills with some water. He then took one of the shirts and pulled it over his head to hide the bruises and bandages from her sight.

Rising from the couch, the man walked over into the kitchen, keeping some distance just in case.

"Hey... You all right?" He knew she wasn't, but well the words were more an offer to help than an actual question.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 am
She continued to work on lunch, setting the food onto plates, even as he asked his question. Hesitating, she scooped up the plates and brought one to him.

"I'm fine! Shirt looks good on you."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces