Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Walsh Family Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:34 pm
Hold up, hold on, don't be scared.
You'll never change what's been and gone.
'Cause all of the stars are fading away...
Just try not to worry; you'll see them some day.
Take what you need, and be on your way-
And stop crying your heart out...

User Image
C O R A
M E R C Y
W A L S H

Former GryffindorSt. Mungo's HealerPurebloodMother

Cora was willing to bet Toby had failed to tell his girlfriend that he hadn't told his mother that he was moving in with said girlfriend. The whole thing sounded complicated, but that was only because her middle son somehow managed to make everything complicated. Nothing was simple with him. Nothing.

She nodded at the girl's choice in name, and looked somewhat confused by the mention of a 'Carl' and why a teenager would even need a lawyer, but didn't pry. Apparently he was her guardian, something Cora was quite familiar with, being the legal guardian of an orphan herself. She could only hope she was doing well with Violante. Her youngest could be hard to read, and every time she spoke or laughed it was seeing her younger sister all over again.

Cora looked from Ronna to the things scattered all around to Toby, then back at Ronna. "Where will you two be living?" she asked calmly, not about to let the conversation wither away this quickly. "In London, I'm assuming, if you'll both be working at the Ministry?"

"Yeah," Toby muttered, getting fully up to stand beside Ronna, face scarlet. "Carl helped find us a place." He'd reverted back to a fourteen or fifteen year old in the presence of his mother, staring determinedly at the lines of the wood floor.

"Can you afford it?" she inquired, and he swore under his breath. "Mum? Seriously? Yes, we can afford it." He tried to mouth 'I'm sorry' at Ronna, but who knew if it was seen or if it was seen, how well it was likely to go over. Toby suspected the answer was 'not very'.

"Good," she said mildly. He seemed to regain some of his nerve, muttering, "Didn't interrogate Jess about her place..."

"She told me about her place," she retorted, the first sign of real, tangible temper showing, then seemed to remember herself. "I'm sorry, Veronica, you shouldn't have to listen to me squabble with my currently least favorite son." Toby had the decency to look shamefaced while she disregarded him in favor of keeping her steady gaze on the young woman.

OOC:
mc2

Get up, come on, why're you scared?
We're all of us stars; we're fading away.
Just try not to worry, you'll see us some day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:20 am
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx
Time: Summer of 2029
Dressed: Hoping to Escape

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Ronna's embarrassment began to fade as Cora began to interrogate Toby specifically on the matter of the apartment asking about the location and their future employment plans and Toby answering. However, her embarrassment had evaporated the moment she asked if they could afford it, to a simmering annoyance. She caught the sound of Toby's swearing under her breath, but didn't look at him, and instead folded her arms across her stomach, clenching her nails into her arm and narrowing her eyes at the woman. When Toby pointed out that she didn't interrogate Jess about her place and the woman had retorted that Jess told her about it and then turned and appologized at Ronna, she still had yet to unfold her arms or stop narrowing her eyes at the woman.

"Yeah, well you shouldn't have the audacity to imply my irresponsibility or the irresponsibility of my guardian I chose and my father's best friend," Ronna snapped. "Both our names will be on the lease, Mrs. Walsh. You may know your son, and it isn't for me to say how well you do or don't, but Toby is responsible and you'd be a fool not to realize he can be... but you sure as Hell don't know me."

Ronna made a long sigh before dropping her arms, realizing how rude she had sounded (even though she was still annoyed at both Cora and Toby at the moment), and suddenly her cheeks flushed red as she realized she had let her temper get the better of her. So much for a decent first impression. Granted considering what she was wearing (meaning her typical fashion choice which were shorts and tights of some sort with heeled boots, which showed off probably far more of her legs than what you wanted to show when first meeting your significant other's mother-and the Batman shirt, a bit questionable-not as bad as her shirt saying "********" on it she had thought to wear that morning and was exactly what she was thinking at the moment), a good first impression would have been difficult anyways. And she was apparently whisking Toby away without Toby even giving his mother a heads up. She could think of some curses in her head at the moment that were pretty colorful to describe her thoughts on the matter. It included considering whether she should murder her boyfriend or not at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:34 pm
I’ve been tryin’ to keep my grip,
Yeah I think I’m over this.
I can hear it now, oh no, oh no-
Yeah my tongue will let it slip,
Why’d I do those things I did,
I can taste it now, oh no, oh no!
I’ll try my best, how much do I invest?
Like cardiac arrest, high voltage in her lips...

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Quite Possibly the Worst Son EverFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby tensed up as he noticed Ronna folding her arms and narrowing her eyes, never a good sign. She was either about to lambaste him or his mum, and he wasn't sure which would be worse. Okay, so it was his mum. Worse. Definitely worse. He knew his mother had a temper, even if she generally maintained tight control over her emotions. It was practically a family legend of how she'd broken a guy twice her size's jaw with one well aimed punch that, as his da put it 'made it pretty hard for the sorry b*****d to do much more smug smiling'.

Of course, he really hoped his mum didn't punch his girlfriend. She looked genuinely taken aback when the blonde girl snapped, and also tired, some of her composure cracking as she ran a few fingers through her hair. "I don't see how asking if you'll be able to make rent implies irresponsibility on your guardian's part, but you're right. I don't know you at all. It's a bit disconcerting, since you'll be living with my son, but in this case, I see that I'll have to trust his judgment." She glanced at Toby. "Which can be hard for me, but if he's with someone, I'm glad he's with someone who obviously cares a great deal for him."

She sighed. "That's it, I'm done playing evil mum- for now," she tossed her son a warning look. "Have the guts to tell me if you're planning on moving in with someone, please, we're all Gryffindors here and you know I hate being left out of the loop on these things. Yes, I know you tell your da, but we all live under the same roof..." She looked over the room again and laughed shortly. "Or not. I'll leave you two to the packing. If you need more boxes or bins let me know. Very lovely meeting you, Veronica." The last statement seemed more warm than the rest.

Toby warily watched her go then looked agonized at Ronna. "I'm sorry- that was- well, I mean I think she did sort of like you at the end there, when you got riled- okay, so I should have told her- it... could have been worse, right?" he asked weakly, kicking at a box with the toe of his sneaker.

OOC:
mc2

My innards turn, your eyes roll.
I’ll be there to take the fall...
I can feel it now, oh no, oh no-
Same old story since day one!
But I've got no place to run!
I can see it now, oh no, oh no...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:17 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx
Time: Summer of 2029
Dressed: Hoping to Escape

Ronna flushed ever so slightly as Toby's mother's composure began to crack. Ronna looking a bit like a guilty child beside Toby as she looked away and listened to Cora's response. She said nothing for a moment but couldn't help but mutter in regards to criticizing her guardian, "Carl picked out the apartment..." Her comment was more under her breath and sounded more like a pout, the roll of her eyes did not help her cause much in regards to her argument, but at least it seemed she'd leave them be in a moment.

After Cora's lecture of Toby, and Cora's 'lovely meeting you' all Ronna could manage was a nod. When she left, Ronna slid down to the floor and took a long breath of relief and glanced up as Toby apologized and tried to reassure her. "Oh, sure could have been worse," She said rolling her eyes at him. "Well, I guess someone has to test the couch. After a week or two maybe-just maybe- I'll be satisfied the comfort has been decided on," She snapped, knowing that those one or two weeks were probably going to end up as three days tops. If she had it in her to get annoyed at every single petty thing Toby did to make her mad-as he did for the fact she was quick to argue or have a temper. If they didn't forgive and forget easily in regards to such things they would have broken up a long time ago, after all.

She shook her head and massaged her forehead and half joked, "I'm so looking into making our apartment unplottable now, by the way."

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:03 pm
Your mouth is a revolver,
Firing bullets in the sky.
Your love is like a soldier,
Loyal 'til you die.
And I've been looking at the stars...
For a long, long time.
I've been putting out fires all my life.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby dragged his feet as he warily approached the front door of his childhood home, and for what he thought was good reason. This was not going to go well. At all. The stone cottage looked picturesque, covered in snow, almost like a gingerbread house. Great, now he was hungry. He hadn't eaten much so far today, mostly due to nerves. At least they had owled ahead of time, asking if his parents were busy with work or not and if they could stop by. They were likely already suspicious. Toby didn't think he was a terrible son, but he didn't visit often. Truthfully, Lea probably visited home more often, and he was dead and their parents still hoped he'd start living at home again in his old, untouched room.

So him showing up, especially him and Ronna showing up together, had to be raising eyebrows. Toby wasn't under any delusions. Well, not many. He didn't think his parents would throw them out; they weren't like that. They would be upset, but no one was getting hexed or cursed or called a harlot, and the fact that the kid might be illegitimate would probably be the least of their worries. But still. It was his mum and da, and this was not going to be something they got over by the time he and Ronna left. They were not going to cheerfully wave goodbye from the door and go 'what a nice pair they make, I can't wait to meet our grandchild!'.

But he reassured himself that this was the right thing to do. Hiding it would be like saying they were ashamed of the whole thing, and while Toby still didn't consider himself thrilled about this turn of events, he was happy he and Ronna were getting married within the year, and a small part of him was eagerly looking forward to being a dad. He wasn't going to consider his kid a point of regret, anyways. How fair would that be? He'd helped make it. Besides, Ronna wasn't really that far along, and she wasn't showing yet either, as far as he could tell. It wasn't like they had waited until she was about to go into labor to mention it.

He tried to give her an encouraging 'I'm sure it'll be fine' look, before knocking on the door, which still felt odd, seeing as this had been his home until he was eighteen. That said, it just reminded him of the last time his mum and Ronna had interacted for any length of time, and that hadn't quite ended well. He held his breath as the door opened to revel his father, who stared at both of them slightly quizzically, then said, "Oh, your mum said ye'd be over. What, 'as me birthday come early, then?" Then he grinned and stepped aside. "Get inside; always a pleasure, Ronna. What's our eejit son been up to?" Toby looked horrified already and wiped his shoes on the mat, taking off his coat, a bit afraid to look for his mother.

OOC:
((February 2032))
mc2

Everybody wants a flame, but-
They don’t want to get burnt.
And today is our turn.
People like us, we don't-
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-
Spark in our bonfire hearts!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:42 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Time: February 2032
Looking: Nervous

Ronna was horrifically nervous and dreading this coming meeting with Toby's parents, especially his mother. She remembered the last meeting of any length she had with Cora Walsh and it had not gone well. It didn't help it appeared she was whisking Toby away from the home without any warning and then Ronna took offense to when Cora suggested they might not have planned things out well. This time she was definitely going to accuse them of not thinking. It was true and she very much doubted 'we were drunk and forgot to spend the extra minute it would take to use a condom' was a valid excuse.

Drunk or not she didn't exactly want to call the turn of events a mistake. It made her sound like an awful mum and she was planning to try her damnedest not to be a bad mum even though she was terrified she might end up as one. Ronna tried to not be too nervous, but she couldn't help but fiddle with one particular ring on her finger. She twisted the diamond ring on her finger, ignoring the other rings to chose from. Toby had outdone himself by getting her the most awesome ring a girl could ask for. It was batman themed and still traditional. How could a girl say no to that? Well she might have three or four months ago which she was sure his parents were going to point out. As far as anyone knew she wasn't engaged and she sure wasn't pregnant. Toby and she had figured it was best to first spill the news to Toby's parents before getting to the less problematic reveals.

She took a deep breath and squeezed closer to Toby as he knocked on the door. Ronna felt sixteen again, awkward and nervous and in no way wanting to meet either of his parents. She exhaled with relief when the door opened to reveal the less scary of the two parents: Toby's father. Garrett was the easy going one who Ronna felt like actually liked her. Cora was the scary dragon who protected the family fiercely who Ronna hadn't had the best luck with. Ronna wasn't trained to deal with dragons: Toby was.

As Garrett greeted her, she let go of Toby as he stepped inside and she followed tapping her boots on the mat and slipping off her coat thankful that bulky layers helped ensure any possible bloating from a growing infant in her was safely hidden. Ronna's first instinct to answer Garrett's inquiry about Toby was something along the lines of "nothing much. Just knocking me up. The usual. No big deal. Oh and starting to work on planning a wedding with me", however she was able to stop her first instinctual answer. She instead gave a small shrug, unsure how best to answer the question besides anything was better than her first thought. She folded her hands together and continued to twist the diamond ring on her finger, dreading when the cat was finally let out of the bag. They were going to hate her. They were going to think it was all her fault and they were going to hate her.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:31 pm

User Image
C O R A
M E R C Y
W A L S H

Cora knew something was up, from what she assumed was a combination of maternal super senses and common sense. Toby owling ahead of time to ask if today was a good day to stop by with Ronna was odd in and of itself. It wasn't holiday or anyone's birthday, and her middle son had never been the type to randomly swing by. She considered herself lucky if she saw him once a month, and rarely did she see both him and Ronna together. That was probably because she suspected she terrified the poor girl, or at least made her very nervous.

On the one hand, Cora was happy about that. It was nice to know she could intimidate her children's significant others. On the other hand, it made Ronna uncomfortable, Toby exasperated, and Gare laugh far too much. But either way, the two were in a serious relationship. Cora wasn't about to dismiss it. They'd been together for more than a few years now, and had been living together for two. Eventually they'd be married, or even if they never married, Ronna would still be part of the family. Cora didn't want a future of stilted dinner conversation at every gathering. She wasn't a Slytherin, for Merlin's sake.

She walked briskly into the entryway at the sound of voices at the door, heeled boots clicking sharply against the wooden floor. Her husband was doing most of the talking; chatting away happily while Toby and Ronna were oddly subdued. Well, Ronna was generally quiet around her in a way that made Cora suspect she was not naturally this reserved all the time, but Toby was usually a chatterbox. He got it from his father. Now he was barely saying a word, and looked as if he might be sick. Ronna had her hands folded together in an unusually formal manner, and was twisting one of the rings on her hand.

Cora sighed, the sound of which cut off Gare's voice, because he glanced over at her and gave a barely perceptible 'what do you make of these miscreants' nod towards the younger couple. She rolled her eyes, and then crossed her arms, looking between her son and Ronna. "What's happened? Should I sit down first?"

"I'll catch ye if ye faint," Gare assured her with a wry grin, but he had turned a less intense, but just as inquisitive gaze on them as well. "Yeah, we'd better sit first. To the livin' room!" He practically frogmarched everyone else in, using his height to his advantage, though Toby was at least as tall as his father, if not taller. Cora took a seat on a large armchair beside her husband, utterly unabashed about leaning against him while studying her son and his girlfriend. Toby was less pale and more bright red on the sofa, his knees jittering like mad. "We uh- we do have something to tell you," he confessed.

"...Ronna's pregnant and we're engaged," he blurted out before he could lose his nerve.

"Christ almighty", Gare said frankly, while Cora flushed crimson, drew herself up, and snapped hotly, "Tobias Philemon Walsh!"

OOC:
mc2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:54 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Ronna swallowed a gulp of air as Cora sat in and inched ever so slightly closer to Toby as Gare and Cora exchanged a glance and Cora, arms crossed asked what happened and if she should sit down at first. The moment lightened ever so slightly by Toby's father's joke and wry grin. It was obvious where Toby got his humor from. It was probably one of the reason's she found dealing with Gare easier than Cora. Gare shared quite a few quirks with Toby, or was it the other way around? Managing a half smile she entered the living room and took a seat. Glancing down she twisted the rings on her finger for a moment before looking up to Toby as he began.

She opened her mouth to continue, in attempt to somehow gracefully announce the pregnancy and engagement when Toby blurted it out with no pause or elegance in one rush. Ronna backhanded Toby in the back of the head on reflex and said, "Toby!" She was staring at him horrified as Gare merely made a swear of sorts, but Cora's wrath was about to start.

Blue eyes wide she quickly blurted out, "They're completed unrelated, I swear." At least Cora's wrath was focused on Toby for now. Though with her speaking up she had a sinking feeling Cora's gaze would fall upon her soon enough. If her future mother-in-law didn't hate her already, Ronna was sure Cora was going to hate her now. Good daughter-in-laws don't come over and blurt out their pregnant along with the news that they were engaged to your son.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:11 pm
Loyal 'til you die.
For a long, long time.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby winced at the swat at the back of his head, but shook it off as his parents reacted. Well, no one was screaming yet, so that was a good thing, right? "We... I know we messed up," he said hurriedly, "But it- it pushed us to figure out what we wanted, which was to get married, so that's a good thing, right?" He looked hopefully at his mother, who looked as if steam was about to start coming out her ears, and his father, who looked dumbstruck.

"Which came first?" his mum asked flatly. "The pregnancy test or the proposal?"

"I, for one, am thrilled you're gettin' married," Gare offered more mildly, but gave them a bit of a look. "Toby... ye do remember that discussion we 'ad about birth control a few years ago, though.. righ'? Because I thought we went over the basics."

"Da," Toby groaned. "We just... we forgot, alright?"

Cora looked to be doing some rapid calculations in her head. "Was it after the wedding?" she asked, riled. At the guilty silence she threw up her hands and sighed. "I can't believe you two. Have you even been thinking about children?"

Her son squirmed like a child in the principal's office and said nothing but, "I did always want to be a dad someday...,"

"You are twenty," she retorted. "The both of you. Do you have any idea the kind of work that goes into raising a family- you had better, because that's what's coming now!"

Gare laid a hand on her shoulder and she glanced at him irritably. "I'm not done yet, Gare."

"As I suspected," he said, and pointed an accusatory finger at both of them. "I'm forty seven. Both of ye feckin' eejits are makin' me a grandpa, because ye forgot basic sex ed. You're lucky I love ye. We love ye," he amended when Cora looked even more annoyed.

OOC:
((February 2032))
mc2

And today is our turn.
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:14 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Ronna stilled her hands for a moment by interlocking her fingers as she squeezed closer to Toby despite having just swatted him a moment before. She half smiled hopefully as Toby pointed out the pregnancy helped them figure out what they wanted. Too bad Cora's suspicions weren't quelled as she asked which came first the pregnancy test or the proposal. The order of things would very much make it seem like they were getting married just because they had a kid on the way. It was partially true and why they were going to rush things but it wasn't entirely true. Gare's reaction to the marriage was a bit more expected though he had to bring up the topic of birth control.

"It was only one time and considering how long and how often..." Ronna paused as she realized she was going to reveal a bit too much information about her and Toby's sex lives. Admitting they were having sex when they were still at Hogwarts and all through their seventh year at the very least was not something that should be blurted out. Ever. Ronna suspected that Cora and Gare might have suspected as much of them but confirming it was another thing entirely. She curled up half behind Toby on the couch like a child who had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

"After Jer's and Gypsy's wedding? Sort of... by a few hours,"
                                              Ronna said looking down at her feet she curled up to her, no longer even concerning herself with sitting like a proper adult. Besides in a few months she wouldn't be as flexible so enjoy it while she could, right? Or maybe if she was smaller there was less for Cora to be furious with... "Toby did always want to be a dad?" Ronna squeaked as she ducked her head into Toby's arm.

She tensed as Cora went on to point out their age and demanding if they knew the work that would go into raising a family, thankfully Gare managed to pause her for a moment though he added his own two cents to the mix. Ronna looked down to see her legs curled under her and her right hand taking Toby's hand squeezing a bit harder than necessary. "We didn't exactly forget it..." She muttered half sulkily before speaking up and said, "I mean it could be worse, right? Besides, Dad did alright solo with me and working crazy hours... it should be a lot easier for two people together. And Gypsy and Jer are raising Malcolm and they aren't any older than us and we have you both for advice... right?" She ended with what she hoped was a hopeful smile at Cora and Gare. Maybe if she could get them excited about the prospect of a grandchild in general they would overlook the details of the circumstance a bit better.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:52 pm

User Image
C O R A
M E R C Y
W A L S H

Cora could tell they were in love, so that was something. She wasn't sure if they had been the last time she'd had any lengthy interaction with the two together; she'd been tired, and upset with her son for not bothering to tell her he was moving out, so analyzing his relationship had not been her primary objective. But they were in love now, whether they had been two years ago or not. At this point Ronna was practically latched onto Toby, who was similarly wrapping a long arm around her in a comforting motion, despite his nerves showing.

So she clearly wasn't going to be able to harp on about them getting married; Ronna kept wringing her hands, so Cora couldn't see the ring, but knew there had to be one. And while she could argue with herself (and them) that being in love was not always permanent, and that a baby might change a lot of things, including their feelings towards each other and their situation, the more she pressed, the more they'd distance themselves and rush into things. For now she'd settle on reminding them how stupid they'd been to put themselves in this scenario.

"Obviously one time was enough," she shot back, but left it at that. She didn't want to get dragged into a discussion of how long her son had been having sex. Cora believed in talking fairly openly about these things with her children, as did her husband, though he was more immature about it, but some details were just unnecessary. It didn't matter how long or how often or how every single time they had been careful... They hadn't been once, and now here they were, for better or worse.

Ronna was practically quivering now, like a frightened child, ducking her head behind Toby as if confronted with a horror film. Cora supposed she was the monster on screen, if that was the case. She wanted to tell her to sit up like an adult and face the music, but the girl was pregnant and looked incredibly young at this moment to Cora, so she refrained. They were just kids. They thought they were adults but they were kids, why couldn't they see that? They had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

"Nah, ye were just too sloshed," Gare said sarcastically.

"Alright, we're sorry, it will never happen again," it was Toby's turn to mutter somewhat sullenly.

"Oh, shut up," Cora snapped at him. "You'll be owling us left and right when you have a colicky infant, so don't act like we're hysterical old biddies, Tobias Walsh."

He looked a bit repentant while Cora calmed herself down via breathing harshly through her nose. "Of course," she said in a gentler tone, "If you need anything you can come to us. I'm upset-,"

"We're furious, an' will rant about the both of ye and your nonsense once ye leave," Gare interjected.

"But we love you, and I don't want things to be anymore difficult for you then they have to be?" Did she love Ronna? Cora supposed she did, by proxy of Toby. She certainly didn't hate or dislike the girl, she just really had never gotten to know her very well, because Ronna tended to avoid her like the plague. Which she supposed said a lot about her future as a mother-in-law. Maybe she ought to work on being more sweet and nurturing. ...Or not.

OOC:
mc2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:13 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

"Obviously,"
                                              Ronna answered dryly to Cora, swallowing back anything else she might have said. She had never been the best at thinking before she spoke. Cora's anger was legendary from what she heard and it was best not to invoke it any further. The fact that Ronna prided herself on thinking things through made her annoyed, more at herself, then anyone, though she'd rather not reflect too much on "why didn't I"s. She was pregnant and it was her responsibility to face the music, including two very angry parents. On the bright side they didn't have her Dad to face. And her mother, well she'd probably find out second hand from Andy or Nate eventually, but Ronna saw no reason to tell the woman about the upcoming grandchild. She couldn't even be bothered to take care of all of her children properly, Ronna really doubted she'd care about a grandchild.

When Gare immediately connected that they were drunk when the pregnancy happened and pointed it out, Ronna blushed and bit her lip unsure what to say. She couldn't exactly counter that argument but it just sounded awful worded that way. Ronna raised a brow when Toby said it wouldn't happen again and she muttered, "Or at least not unplanned..." She looked away drawing a pattern with her finger on her leg as Cora snapped at Toby before calming some.

Ronna looked back to Cora and Gare as they continued. At the end of Cora's speech, Ronna looked to Cora a bit surprised, and a skeptical crease forming ever so slightly in her brow. Was she using a plural you meaning both her and Toby or was focusing purely on Toby. She continued to draw on her leg for a few moments before speaking up, "So... we were thinking... I mean mostly me, but Toby agreed, to get married while I'm still pregnant... I..." She looked down and twisted the engagement ring on her finger and then said, "So sort of as a pre-save the date? I mean we haven't started to look at venues or anything but I'm not really particular and it isn't like that many people on my side at least would be coming or even want to come."

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:58 pm
Loyal 'til you die.
For a long, long time.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby knew they were winning the war. His parents's anger was fading into mellower irritation. It might not get much better than that, at least for right now, but it was something. He cringed a bit when Ronna echoed his mum in a dry tone, but Cora seemed to brush it off, looking a bit calmer than she had five minutes ago. He stared at her incredulously when she mentioned the possibility of kids in the future- it was the last thing he wanted to even think about at the moment, never mind his parents- but all in all, it could have been going a lot worse. His mum and his fiancee were not at each other's throats, and while his da was upset, he was not staring at Toby with thinly veiled disappointment.

Ronna looked skeptical at his mum's 'we love you'. He thought his mother liked Ronna well enough; he didn't know if she considered her 'like a daughter' or anything like that, but at least she felt comfortable snapping at her? It had to be better than distant disdain, or cold silence. "I was never one for wedding planning myself," Cora said in a tone that was almost amiable, "But then again, Gare had to propose twice to get me to agree to marry him." The only indication that she was making a joke was the slight uptick of her prim mouth and the glimmer of amusement in her green eyes.

"An' second time's the charm," Toby's father added with a faint smirk, while she rolled her eyes.

"It will be hard on you, managing it all while you're pregnant," Cora continued, delicately avoiding mention of the younger woman's mother, or lack of a mother. "If you need any help with organizing things- I'm horrid at deciding color schemes and flower arrangements, but I can get people to do what I say fairly quickly."

"What's she tryin' to say is that if your caterer is givin' ye a hard time, or if ye need someone to dictate durin' the rehearsal or bridal shower, we're here for ye," Gare said bluntly.

"Thanks," Toby mumbled, though he was a bit uplifted to know his parents seemed to be thawing out to the idea of one, them having a baby, and two, them getting married, and soon.

OOC:
((February 2032))
mc2

And today is our turn.
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:36 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Ronna raised a brow in surprise at Cora's confession about putting Gare off to marrying her and Ronna had the sinking suspicion she was more like Cora than perhaps she thought. Toby had hinted it and she suspected that it was one of the reasons Toby thought that Ronna avoided his mother like the plague up to this point. Cora's slight uptick of the corners of her mouth and then offer to help made Ronna wonder if this was what it was like to have a normal sane mother. Cora's presence was sort of comforting now that Ronna wasn't terrified the woman was going to kill her. It didn't seem like she hated her either, thankfully. Though, she was sure her ears would be ringing along with Toby's when they left. There was no way the two of them were going to get off about the pregnancy that easily.

"That's why there's the internet, though,"
                                              Ronna said in regards to deciding color schemes and flowers, "Or wedding planners... but that gets pricey and... Toby and I should probably save where we can considering..." She trailed off still not comfortable with saying the word pregnant. Maybe when she was showing it would seem more real and impending. Or maybe when their friends started to find out or when she told Carl. Ronna half suspected Carl wasn't going to particularly care too much besides just letting out a long sigh and shaking his head. The marriage would probably disturb Carl more and he'd volunteer to be her divorce lawyer if ever she needed him.

Smiling, Ronna leaned against Toby and said, "I really appreciate it, Mrs. and Mr. Walsh. Um... and thanks for not killing us for being idiots... but I mean it is kind of exciting if you think about it. And it isn't like I could be a worse mum than mine so..." She bit her lip chiding herself for saying too much like always. Okay, maybe she should let Toby do the rest of the talking for the evening. Smarter and safer.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew