Submit

Lucky Tamer

Romantic Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:39 pm
"GO!" someone yelled and most of the pokemon immediately rushed towards the center. Leiji was smart, steering clear of the fray to reserve his energy for later. It was risky to stay near the edge but the little pichu was pretty fast and he figured he could get out of the way quick enough if need be. Exactly as Ezra had predicted, the tyrogue set to spinning, knocking out a good portion of combatants immediately and Leiji dodged quickly, bumping right into Gummy.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 pm
Gummy was actually 'bumped' into the ring by an enthusiastic Psyduck. The Totodile didn't seem to react for a moment until Leiji bumped into him. He looked down and stared at the electric mouse, not paying any attention to the Tyrogue, nor the Psyduck and a Ratata squabbling nearby.

"Go on Gummy! You're doing awesome! Stand your ground, yeah!" The girl cheered her water type on, not seeming concerned by the fact that Gummy was still being... himself.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Lucky Tamer

Romantic Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 pm
Leiji decided to use Gummy's strange personality to his advantage and climbed ontop of him, doing the little flip from earlier. Unfortunately, just as he was coming down, the tyrogue came up underneath him and Leiji started spinning. He slipped off, grabbing the Tyrogue's foot to keep from being flung out of the ring and he ended up throwing the Tyrogue off-balance. The Tyrogue flew out of the ring, hitting the psyduck pretty hard on it's way out. Leiji dropped down on his butt just inside the ring and when he got up, he started stumbling and circling until he tumbled out of the ring on his face. "Well, that's fate for ya..." Ezra muttered as he walked over and scooped up Leiji. "You did good little guy. Just bad luck landing on tyrogue like that." he said, immediately cheering up the pichu for not blaming him for his loss.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:52 pm
Gummy flapped his jaws as the Pichu flew across the air and then, like the Tyrogue, was out. He watched the Psyduck, who'd been exchanging blows with an exhausted looking Ratata, get knocked into before it too stumbled out of the ring.

If Henrietta hadn't been so sure of herself, she might have been more publicly amazed at her luck.
"Go Gummy! Just one more! You can do it!" She was grinning, despite the fact that the Totodile had, in fact, done almost nothing yet.

Finally the Totodile wandered across the arena, toward a very beaten up, but fierce looking Ratata. The water type lifted his little arm and, finally, purposefully did something; her cuffed the Ratata around the head. The normal-type, weakened but determined, leaped at him, but was too lightweight, and weakened, for the Totodile who was still walking forward. The purple rat pokémon found itself slowly pushed from the ring.
By absolute pure luck, Gummy had won. He'd barely fought at all.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Lucky Tamer

Romantic Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 pm
Ezra watched the finale and shook his head. "That totodile has some dumb luck." he muttered to himself and Leiji nodded in agreement. "Well, congrats. You get to stay in the nice hotel tonight." he said just as the registration lady shouldered her way through the crowd with the winner's pot. One guy reached out to snatch a few dollars and she kicked him in the stomach. "Get yer grubby hands off the loot, you piece a garbage!" she snapped and then offered it over to Henrietta. "You did good, kid. You should think about coming back sometime."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm
"Told ya we'd win!" Henrietta gloated confidently, ignoring the comments or mutterings of luck. She offered her Totodile a 'hi-five' as he waddled back over to her and was, predictably, ignored.
It didn't seem to faze her.
She pulled a face at the hotel comment, however.
"That fancy-pants place you mentioned earlier? Nooo thank you! I know exactly what I wanna get with this!" She grinned, feeling the unexpected bonus of receiving prize money when she'd honestly just come for the competition. "Thanks!" She grinned to the woman who handed it to her, then shook her head. "Maybe I will one day, but not for a while."
She could get herself that Quick Ball now... and still have enough for a simple room for a night or two at a considerably less 'fancy-pants' accommodation before heading...
Uh. She made a random choice in her head.
South. She'd head South and see what was downshore.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Lucky Tamer

Romantic Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:41 am
Ezra's jaw dropped. "There's only two places to stay in this city. Believe me, you don't want to stay at the crappy hotel. You'll have to fight off the rattatas, karrablast and venipedes!" he snapped. "Heck, I've had nicer nights sleeping down here in the tunnels with the ekans..."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:00 pm
"Well that sounds awesome!" was Henrietta's reply. She wasn't sure whether he was right or not about there only being two places in the city to stay- surely there were things if she looked around, but his description kind of sold the hotel he was talking about to her. She was even grinning about it.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Lucky Tamer

Romantic Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:34 pm
"Fine, I'll take you there..." Ezra muttered. "If you go alone, you're gonna get robbed blind just walking there. This city might seem friendly on the main strip but, in the alleys, you're an easy target." he warned.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm
"Thanks! I'm sure we could take 'em if anyone tried, though!" Henrietta crowed, confidently . "Gummy just won that match without barely breaking a sweat, after all!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Lucky Tamer

Romantic Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:46 pm
"Gummy stood there and was ignored through most of that match..." Ezra pointed out. He hated to burst her bubble after a win but he'd seen the darker side of Camphoreon more times than he wanted to admit and it would chew her up and spit her out if she didn't get street-wise. "Also, if a stranger says to meet them somewhere, it's usually a bad idea to go along. You're lucky I'm a nice guy but not everyone is."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:56 pm
"Oh, he was just standing his ground, waiting for the perfect chance to pounce!" She swiped her fists, mimicking little punches in jest. "Hey, it turned out all right! B'sides, I'm not stayin' in Camphoreon. Once I've bought a Quick Ball, or two, and stayed a night or so, I'm moving on South to see what's down there along the shoreline!" Henrietta didn't seem to be taking the warnings seriously, buoyed by the thought of her adventure.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Lucky Tamer

Romantic Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:03 pm
"South?" Ezra asked. He'd never gone outside of Camphoreon and seeing her interest in setting out on an adventure kind of sparked the same in him. "What's south, though? You're not just wandering around, are you? What if you get into trouble?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:54 pm
"Yeah, pretty much! It's why I've come to Kodo." Henrietta admitted happily. "I dunno what's South of here but it'll be really cool to find out so that's what we're gonna do. Probably a whole bunch of pokémon for me to meet; Gummy'll be ecstatic to meet get more friends!" She waved off his concern. "Pfft, I won't get into trouble."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Rocket Ezra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:48 pm
"That is insane..." Ezra muttered but he figured it wasn't his place to tell her she was wrong. "Well, if you ever swing by Camphoreon again, don't be afraid to look around for me. After you leave for south, I mean." he offered, as he led the way to the shabbier side of the city.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff