Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Days Best Spent With Friends Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:14 pm
Akira lounged in his own corner in the VIP section, watching the welcoming of the birthday girl after the inital surprise greeting. He had been a little late thanks to some business he had had to take care of earlier in the day and hadn't been able to help much with the preperations, but he was grateful to Sera's friends for inviting him to come anyway.

The brunet laughed as he watched Rosie enthusiastically embrace her best friend and the curious silver-haired woman exchange a few words with her next. It was certainly a joyous occasion.

The young man had noticed, however, that Sera's first instinct after being surprised with the party had seemed to be to back out of the place. He wondered why that was, but thought if he planned to ask, he best save the question for later. Now was a time for the teenage girl to celebrate with her closest friends.

Another subject that mystified Akira was the seemingly oldest (though by no means old in appearence or behavior and likely not age) of the females at the party. He had yet to learn her name or be formally introduced, but he couldn't help stealing curious glances her way every so often. He was sure she hadn't been at the hot springs where he'd met or at least seen most of these other people prior.

When the brazen lady insisted that Yuri join her on the dance floor, Akira chuckled at the long-haired fellow's reaction. He also mused at how she practically ordered Luke and Emil to join them, though she was too busy tugging on her dance partner to enforce said order.

With Yuri, the woman, Rosie, and Sera occupied, that just left him, Nate, Luke, and Emil. Akira got up and stretched, grinning at their band of 'merry' men. "What's the matter, gentlemen?" he addressed them in humerous tones, headed toward the railing where Luke was to see if he could spot the other two. "There are three lovely ladies down there and only Yuri to accompany them. Are we really going to let him have all the fun?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:04 pm
Luke responded negatively to Ray's declaration, raising a hand to pass on the offer with a brief shake of his head. Dancing was kind of… not. When the suggestion came up again, however, he put some words to the refusal, "I think I'm good with that."

--

Nate, however, was apparently not good with that, and expressed as much by blowing a raspberry at Akira. "Bro, I am so ahead of you right now," he assured, wearing a grin that could only be called cheeky as he moved to join the group headed to dance.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:14 pm
Emil fidgeted as Ray practically demanded that he and Luke dance with the girls. He said nothing, and didn't move from his spot. When Luke spoke his opinion though, he nodded slowly.

"Yeah... me too. ... That lady's kinda scary," he said, his voice more hushed towards the end.

He was perfectly fine being a wallflower thanks. He'll just... hang out here with Luke.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm
Ray let go of Yuri to let him walk on his own. Leaving the other two boys to their own when the red head declined.
Clearly it had not actually mattered much to her, she was just a very loud person.
Though she grinned at the white haired boy as he joined them, making her way down the steps onto the dance platform.

Rosie took Sera's hand once they were on the dance floor, twirling herself around to face the girl, letting her hand drop and going a couple more ballet-esk spins to bring her out further onto the floor. then held her hand out again toward Sera.
Though her movements were smooth and in elegant form, she was able to time them with the music very well. though at the moment she seemed more concerned with getting back toward Sera than any kind of more serious dancing  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm
Well... he couldn't really say he was the biggest fan of dancing, but might as well go along with it. After all, he did know a few moves. Dancing wasn't all that hard, but it wasn't something he was really into either. Still, it gave him an excuse to move and stay active, which was much better than just sitting around and talking.

Thus as Yuri followed Ray to the dance floor, he paused and then started moving his body just a bit to the music. Trying to get a feel for it. A little grin coming to his face as he saw Rosie twirling nearby. The girl looking like she was having the time of her life.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:50 pm
Rosie already seemed so into the music before they even hit the dance floor. That was usually how she herself was too, and had it been any other day, she would have been just as into it just as quickly. It honestly made her feel a little guilty because she didn't feel quite as into it, but Rosie had planned this whole party, had gone to all the trouble of communicating with all of her friends (well, most; some weren't really), had organized everything and surprised her with it - and she couldn't help but wonder how she didn't have even an inkling of the whole thing due to how excited Rosie normally got about things.

Her hesitance and uncertainty were obvious in her movements as she spun towards Rosie and started to dance, though it only took a couple minutes for her to relax and start having fun. She aimed a smile at both Nate and Akira if or when they joined them on the dance floor, though pointedly didn't dance too much with either, instead focusing mostly on her best friend. Plus it would be really kind of awkward to dance a lot with one guy with the other standing right there when she had shamelessly flirted with both (and kissed one). Awkward all around, no thanks.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm
While Ray doesn't have any real dancing training of the like, she was pretty good at getting into the music. It was for fun after all,
Like everything else about her, she wasn't overly feminine in her dancing,
She let out a whoop when Yuri let loose.

Rosie however, once Sera started dancing shifted her style to incorporate a much quicker paced style along with the trained elegance. Here it was just all about the music, and the dance, though she stuck mostly by her friend, Paying little mind to much else, and dancing mostly with the thumping club music her uncle was laying down.
Though the limit on space kept her movements mostly within her own reach and close to Sera.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:32 pm
At Luke and Emil's responses, Akira nodded understandingly, chuckling a little at Emil's words in particular. "Well that 'scary lady' seems a bit occupied herself, at the moment," he pointed out, "but I agree; women in general seem to be a relatively scary species."

He pat the blond boy's shoulder. "You keep Luke here company, okay? I'm going to go make a fool of myself and hope I don't get eaten by those beautiful monsters." With a wink and an encouraging smile, he turned to follow in Nate's footsteps and head down to the dance floor.

Upon catching Sera's smile, Akira returned it with a bright one of his own and a nod of greeting. He didn't seem at all aware of any awkwardness whatsoever. Nudging Nate, he spoke quietly to the white-haired boy (loud enough to be heard over the music, but quiet enough for Nate's ears alone,) "Why don't we see if we can divide and conquer? You want to acompany the birthday girl? I'm all for friends dancing, but I'm thinking maybe we should excite things a bit."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:50 pm
Nate stuck his tongue out briefly at the suggestion, presenting Akira with a devilish grin, "You fantastic b*****d." Not that he hadn't been thinking something very similar himself. He hadn't really been looking for permission, but he sure as hell wasn't letting it go by now that he had it. He maneuvered over to the pair of girls, swinging around Rosie's side but keeping his eyes on Seraphine, "Hey, Rosie, right?" Pretty sure that was the name he'd heard at the hot spring, and it wasn't often that he forgot a girl's name. "You mind if I borrow your friend for a dance or two? I'm standing over here jealous out of my mind just watching you."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 pm
At the sound of her name Rosie's head snapped around, surprised to see someone standing next to them. Nate had come over, and was requesting to dance with Seraphine.
Rosie looked over at Sera, with a smile, thinking it very sweet that he wanted to dance with her.
And since he was a friend of Sera's she had no reason to believe that she would be against it.
But she looked to her friend to make sure anyway. pausing long enough in her dance to sweep into a parting elegant curtsey, and stepped away to let Nate take her place.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 pm
The brunet, who hadn't been so much giving his permission as testing the waters to see if someone else wanted to attempt this stupid idea with him, grinned back. He wondered vaguely if Sera got her tongue-sticking-out thing from Nate or if they just happened to both enjoy the gesture.

Either way, he guessed that 'you fantastic b*****d' wasn't an insult, though it was somewhat difficult for the young man to tell. Commoners sometimes seemed to speak a whole different language, especially when it came to guys being casual and friendly with each other.

Ambling along in Nate's wake, Akira stood by as the former spoke to Rosie, realizing upon hearing their conversation that Nate might have been almost as new to this group as he was; at least aside from Sera. "Have to say I'm of a similar mind," he chimed in after the other's request, "but as I've already had the pleasure and honor of dancing with Miss Seraphine, I thought I'd let Nate here try his hand at keeping up with her." He smirked at Sera. "In the meantime, would you, perhaps, allow me to take her place instead?"

Not as smooth as Nate, perhaps, and nowhere near as casual, but he was still learning. If Akira was going to ask a lady to dance, he thought he'd prefer to stick with what he knew - at least for now - until he got a better grasp of what was socially acceptable in this society and what was not. That, at the moment, included the use of courtesy and manners to address a young woman he hardly knew. Besides, he wanted to learn a little more about this best friend of Sera's who had put together this whole crazy party in the first place.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:11 pm
It didn't take long for Yuri to get into it. His movements shifting to a form of a dancing, which eventually turned into something more like acrobatics. He had a whole dance floor to work with after all.

The man's movements having devolved into just showing off as his "dancing" included a couple hand springs and a back flip.

"Yeah!" he shouted, clearly enjoying himself at this point. This was almost as fun as fighting. ... Almost.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:21 pm
Rosie glanced over as someone approached her, Akira, the boy she had just barely met becasue of this party, another one of Sera's friends. Though he did express a hope to dance with Seraphine and give up that to Nate for the time being, She smiled at his invitation to her, "Sure!" she replied happily.

Rosie was no stranger to being asked to dance, It was when came with being an active dancer. In a formal setting, such as ballroom it would be considered extremely rude to turn someone down for a dance, though Rosie had never come across in instance where she had any desire to turn down a dance.
A club environment might be a bit different, but Rosie held the same sentiment, accepting the dance without a second thought.

Though her eyes did flick up toward the VIP balcony for a short second, before she stepped around and stepped up by Akira.
"Thank you so much for coming today! I know if must have been so strange to hear from someone you don't even know so suddenly."

From over the sound of the music, there was a sudden holler of approval from the DJ. Bruce calling attention to the crazy stunt going down on the dance floor from Yuri. "Give some room for those slick moves!"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:31 pm
While she didn't catch Akira's comment to Nate, Seraphine couldn't help but overhear them both talking to Rosie, and a wry grin spread over her face as her pale gaze locked onto Nate's. So that's how they wanted to play, hm? That was fine with her. She offered Nate a coy smile as he moved to take Rosie's place, and the blonde moved away to dance with Akira.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm
Someone watching from the balcony felt just a bit disheartened.

Nate, meanwhile, was pleased to see that his offer wouldn't go refused, and he easily slipped into step with Seraphine when Rosie moved aside.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff