Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:56 pm
Her eyes stayed on the blonde, softening as he shook his head. "I am too... I mean, obviously." she sighed, stroking Lovey's back. "I really need to find a way to thank him, especially after...everything." Her heart sunk as--again-- she realized she might never get the chance.

"Did he happen to say when he and Luke would be back?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:27 am
Flynn tilted his head curiously at Dove's words of thanking Yuri, but offered no suggestion. Instead he went on to answer her question.

"No, he didn't say. But I wouldn't worry. They'll be back when they're ready."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 am
Dove noticed the curious tilt of his head, but said no more when he didn't ask. She nodded, a little disappointed that there was no real answer, but understanding all the same. She guessed they really couldn't put a time limit on something like that, especially given Luke's situation. "I guess you're right..."

She looked across the sands to the ponyta, her thoughts drifting again before she pulled herself back to the present, and the man at her side. Definitely time for a change of topic. "So do you think you'll be stationed here long? In Camphoreon, I mean," she asked, drawing her knees up to her chest and pressing her cheek to their tops, her arms going about her legs. She wasn't sure how these things worked, nor did she know what his position was in the military. What she did know, however, that already, half the people she knew were leaving. Even if they weren't close, it would be nice if someone was around, especially when this specific someone held no ill will towards her.  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:44 pm
"It's hard to say," Flynn started as he began to think about it. "The military doesn't always assign a certain amount of time. I'll probably be here as long as I'm needed or transferred somewhere else. I act as one of the ambassadors for my country, so it also requires traveling back and forth."

So yeah, yet another uncertain answer to one of her questions.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:58 pm
She nodded, noting another unstable answer.

She lifted her head a little, however, a little thrown off when he told her he acted as a representative. "That's really impressive... How old are you again, if you don't mind my asking?" She paused a moment. "I apologize if that's...incredibly random, but my family works in foreign relations, and I'm not sure I've ever met someone so young. It must be a real honor..."  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:02 pm
"I just want to serve my country," Flynn replied humbly. Although her request for his age threw him off a little. Normally that would seem kind of rude, but he didn't really mind.

"I'm 22, and I know that's a bit young. It was an incredible honor. It was very surprising and unexpected to be allowed such a position."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:10 pm
She smiled at his humble reply. "You enjoy it, then? Your work?"

I just want to serve my country... And here she was, a model, posing and looking nice for cameras. His words almost stung, and her shoulders sank a little in humility. He was such a good person, and here she was, openly labeled as selfish.

"Someone must think very highly of you, Flynn. Surprise or no, I'm sure you earned it somehow. Young or old, they don't just pick anyone..."she mused aloud, offering another smile.  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:43 pm
There was a slight tinge of pink on his cheeks as the man blushed a little. Using a hand to rub the back of his head sheepishly. "Yes, I suppose so," he said with a bright smile.

"I do enjoy my work. Protecting and bettering the lives of my countrymen is very rewarding."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:50 pm
The color in his face made her smile even brighter, and she fought not to giggle at how cute his sheepishness was. "It sounds like a wonderful job to have, though I'm sure the risks are great..." She wished her own was half as rewarding as he claimed his was. His career definitely had higher standing in her mind, now, though a few months ago she would have had great pride in her work.

"Do you miss them?" she asked, sincere in her asking. She could only guess that being stationed so far away from those whom he strove to protect would be difficult. She flushed a little, then shook her head. "I'm sorry... I'm probably getting too personal, again."  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 am
"It's all right," Flynn assured her, being patient enough not to really mind all the somewhat prying questions.

"Each job has their pros and cons, but... I can't imagine myself doing anything else."

He had to think on the other question a bit though. "Well... I haven't been gone very long to really miss anyone, but... I'm sure everyone gets homesick now and then." And he probably wouldn't be any different. But the fact that he'd get to travel back and forth would probably help that a lot.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm
She pressed her cheek to her knees again as she listened. "Well, at least you feel secure in your decisions," She smiled, glad that at least he knew what he wanted to do the rest of his life. She lifted her head again, looking out across the sea, though her tone had a tinge of distance in it. "I mean, if you can't see yourself doing anything else, then it must mean that's where you belong, right?" She paused a moment, realizing her statement might have sounded a little too much like a wish than a comment.

She looked back to him again, pulling herself back to the present. "At least you can go home every so often. And I'm sure Kodo will accept you with open arms." She laughed weakly, then looked to Lovey, almost wishing the words had been directed at herself, though neither really applied.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:19 pm
There was a moment of pause as Flynn considered her words, for yes indeed it did sound like a wish.

"You speak as if you haven't found that yourself," he pointed out.

Naturally, not everyone was so lucky to find happiness and content in what they did. Some people not achieving their dreams, or reaching what they thought they wanted and then discovering it wasn't what they'd wanted after all.

He was fortunate, and he knew that. Flynn didn't take anything he had for granted.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:33 pm
She looked at him a moment longer, then turned away again, looking out at the ponyta as it played. "I thought I had found it once... I spent the whole first part of my whole life growing up thinking I knew exactly what I wanted, career and future locked into place and growing, and then..." She lowered her eyes to the sand, pausing for a good minute. "Well... I came here thinking I could figure something out, and had my eyes forced open."

She stopped again, then turned and offered him a sad smile. He definitely didn't need to sit through all her troubles. He had already been kind enough to tell her so much about himself... just being able to listen to someone for a while was nice, especially when they were such a good person like he seemed to be. "I'm trying, though. I just didn't think a fresh start would be so...hard." She hadn't even known she had needed one...  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:19 pm
"Sometimes it takes a dose of reality to discover who we really are," Flynn said quietly. His blue gaze watching the ocean as it glittered beneath the light of the rising sun.

"Starting over can be the hardest thing, yet also the easiest since it means you have a clean slate. The important thing is to never give up. No matter what happens. As long as you're alive, everything will be okay."

The man smiled fondly at his own words. Then closed his eyes as he enjoyed the ocean breeze as it passed through his hair.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:25 pm
She sighed, staying quiet for a moment and watching him as he enjoyed the breeze. "I'll never give up, but what do you do when you've already blackened that slate?" she asked quietly, speaking before she realized she had thought aloud. Her gaze dropped back to the ocean, almost as if to avoid meeting his gaze should he turn to look back at her.

Most of her hoped he wouldn't... He looked so at ease with the breeze and sunlight playing through his hair.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff