Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Kanto Competition Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:36 pm
There was no hesitance as Faleen replied to Dove, "Five years, passively." Hands folded behind her back once again, glancing over at Dove with her chin inclined upwards.
"When I am not training I take on freelance Mechanic work, and robotic repairs or construction. I contract out to companies as an engineer or a consultant."
She explained, "Pokemon is what just what got me to Kanto, how I started here."

When Henrietta continued to burst out in excitement about her Pokemon, Faleen turned her hazel eyes to her, a small smile."I suppose we'll see, If we end up battling each other that is."  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:58 pm
The young woman nodded, looking to the tables as they approached. "Wow...That's really impressive," she said, honestly impressed. "I imagine that's a heavy task, though, working with all of that machinery. Do you actually do the building, or do you design them for your client? I'm sure you do a lot of programming too..." She had to wonder if Faleen's talents--however strong they might be, as she had yet to really find out-- were being put into Rocket technology. She had to assume so, even if she only had the rumors to back the organization up. At the woman's further explanation about her Pokemon, Dove nodded, smiling. "I see. Did you journey? Or did you just pick up pokemon along the way?"

She paused a moment, realizing just exactly what she had said, even though she hadn't meant a thing by it. Ironic, really.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 pm
Rosie smiled brightly. "She does all of that." Rosie gushed, proudly. "Faleen's a genius, she can design, create and build robots from scratch! You should see some of the things she's built sometime, they're amazing."

Faleen added her own to the end of that. "All but the programming, Programming is a completely different field than I am versed in."
Rosie nodded in agreement.

Along with Dove's second question, the dirty blond arched her eyebrows lightly "I'm going to assume that you're confusing your question." Faleen continued "I am a trainer, so Journeying and catching pokemon on the way is a part of that life style, I pick up the freelancing jobs and travel to each one."  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:19 pm
[Yuri, Luke, Ray, Sera, Tymiko.]

Rosie really looked up to her sister, and that much was clear by how she walked with her, delighted that she got to introduce her big sister to her friends.
As they came up to the tables, Rosie suddenly felt her shoulder's become lighter as Kiss Kiss lept off and darted toward another group.

The Raichu bounced over to where Luke, Yuri and Sera were. Calling out happily, and with a quick pounce hopped right up onto Yuri's shoulders.
"Rai Rai!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm
[Ray, Luke, Yuri, Tymiko, Kiss Kiss]

Sera would've been content to just talk to Luke, but some girl wandered up and tried to steal Yuri's... ice cream? Where the hell did he even get that? She didn't really know this girl - she vaguely looked sort of passingly familiar on some level, maybe - but Luke appeared to, and when he indicated that they were competing, she gave a small nod to confirm. She didn't feel like returning the question, though, so she didn't (nor did she care about the answer to such a question), regardless of whether it would or wouldn't have been the polite thing to do.

The appearance of the Raichu, however, pulled her attention back in that direction, and she brightened up a bit. "Hi Kiss," she said, though she was much more interested in the fact that if the electric-type was there, that meant Rosie was nearby. "Where's Rosie?"

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm
Dove, Rosie, Faleen

"Oh man, I really hope we do!" The purple-haired trainer declared, then realised how close they were getting to the tables. On the verge of bouncing up until now, Henrietta suddenly started bobbing up and down in reaction to being so near to signing up. Winglet clung a little tighter, then decided she'd be more comfortable fluttering.
Henrietta kept a tab on the conversation, interjecting a little, but distracted and her attention scattered, by all the sights and sounds.
She was glad Dove was asking the questions she was, it was getting some rather cool sounding information from Rosie and Faleen.
"Oh that's so awesome! You build stuff like that and get to be a trainer!" She had no patience for learning something like that herself, she was sure, but building engines- and she imagined really fast cars and bikes- sounded like a 'cool job'.
"Robots?!" Henrietta whipped her head back around, attention recaptured to look from Rosie to Faleen with some admiration. "That is awesome!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 pm
"That's really something... You must have studied really hard to be able to do those things. I wouldn't even know where to start," she laughed softly, tucking her hair behind her ear and shifting her hold on Lovey again as the Eevee lifted her head to watch the Raichu dart off. "Especially with programming. Does someone else do it for you once you've created what you want?"

When her other question was met with raised brows, the girl gave a somewhat startled look, though she recovered quickly. "I see," she explained, frowning and finally setting the wiggling Eevee down on the ground, glad that Henrietta had interjected.

Her companion desperately felt like going to the other group, and though she tensed a little at the idea of facing the whole group at once, she knew it would happen eventually. Besides, Kiss Kiss was already over there, and she was sure Rosie was to follow, once she was registered. With a stern look, she addressed Lovey. "Be good, and don't cause any trouble. I'll be right there."

The Eevee barked once in response, then followed after the electric type, pausing a little away from the group before padding over to Yuri and Repede, offering another, softer bark at the Growlithe in greeting.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:46 pm
Faleen paused as the group seemed to, turning to face the girl who was talking to her, and in extension the younger girl.
"That simply goes without saying." She confirmed, with a soft nod. "Its not generally a passive hobby either, neither is programming on that kind of professional level."
She might have been more interested in this conversation, but she could tell that the kind of questions this women was asking where directionless, and she actually had no idea what she was even asking.
"Are you interested in becoming a programmer? or Robotasist?" She asked with polite interest, in rearguards to all of the questions.

The young one, Henrietta chimed in with a much more appropriate reaction for one her age... though honestly the most genuine reaction Faleen could think of, as well as one she would relate more closely to.
"Yes, Robots. That is my sentiment exactly"

She felt Rosie touch her hand, and glanced over at the blond, noting she was looking over toward another group. most she did not recognize, but one-
Red hair, green eyes, and a face just like Asch.
Ah, there he was.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:30 am
"Man, it must take way too much patience to learn all that computer stuff anyway... Building them sounds kinda awesome though!" Though, still, Henrietta couldn't imagine being patient enough to building something that would truly work like that.
She looked somewhat interested as Faleen questioned Dove about her interest; did Dove want to be either of those? Honestly, Henrietta didn't know all that much about the model.
She didn't know the group that they had gotten near... except for one.

"RAY!" The purple-haired girl exclaimed happily as she recognized the tall woman.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:09 pm
"I wouldn't even think to consider robotics or programming a passive sport." she replied honestly. In fact, the young woman could only assume that there was absolutely nothing passive about Faleen's hobbies.

When asked about her interes in the subjects at hand, the girl shook he head, laughing with a slight tinge of pink to her cheeks. "Oh, no, no. I'm afraid true sciences were never my strong suit. I was always more interested in literature and psychology sciences. My current career doesn't really call for it," she explained. "My ex and his family, however, dealt in hospital management and ownership. We had a friend or two who designed and built the robotics for the facilities. It always amazed me to see what they had come up with." She took a deep breath, the memories suddenly taking a sour turn in her head as she turned her attention to check on Lovey. It was amazing, though, the things that could be done with such complex machinery. Henrietta's take--at least the first part-- on the matter reflected much of her own interest, but she honestly wished to know more about Rosie's sister. It wasnt fair to let the knowledge of her affiliation with such an organization taint her whole opinion of her. Not every member of team Rocket could be evil... One had already proven otherwise.

Henrietta's bright exclamation and call of a familiar name drew her out of such thoughts, and she smiled in the direction of the group. Tymiko's had joined them, and though a small voice in her mind told her to be cautious, she had resolved to leave the past in the past. It was time to start over. With a gentle smile to both Faleen's and Rosie, she stepped in the direction of the group. "It was nice to meet you, Faleen. I should probably stick with Lovey, and i don want to keep you from registering. i'm sure we'll have time to chat again."

And with that, she walked over to the group, checking to see that Lovey was alright before waiting for an opportunity to offer her greetings. "Hey, you guys!"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm
"Huh?" Yuri asked as the question of his ice cream came up. "There's a vendor down that way," he said while jabbing a thumb in that direction. "I got it while you guys were registering."

"And this is the champ," Yuri said passively, meaning Tymiko.

When Lovey ran up, Repede woofed his greeting to her. The Growlithes tail wagging slowly.

Yuri was also a bit surprised when a large electric mouse jumped on his shoulder, but a grin quickly spread across his face. "Hey, Kiss. How's my girl?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:13 pm
"Interesting." Faleen replied, moving her eyes away from the red haired boy back to Dove.
She was aware of most of the large robotic companies, so she had to absently wonder what one this girl was talking about, since she gave no name, other then "my ex-boyfriend's family company" that meant nothing to Faleen.

From where her gaze had shifted though, Faleen had stopped really caring about where this company was.
It mattered not really, if Faleen really wanted to bother finding out, she knew someone who could work wonders with the information that Dove had just given.
She gave Dove a polite smile though and nodded her head as the girl dismissed herself.

The eldest Ewell sister did not move to registration, instead she watched as her younger sister walked over with a gesture to the other group.
Wearing a polite expression she followed.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:25 pm
Rosie was not long after Kiss Kiss, The pink trainer drew up next to Seraphine with a grin. "It was much easier to fine you guys then I thought it would be!" She commented. "I just met Faleen, we were going to go check in with Henrietta. Are you registered yet?"

Speaking of Henrietta, the girl just called out Ray's name excitedly, causing Rosie to jump and turn to look at the younger girl.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:53 pm
Ray lifted her head when her name was suddenly called out, eyes wide in surprise "What did I do?"

Though as she looked around she spotted the source of the yell, and her arms shot up into the air "AAHH HEN!" She called back, "And Gummy! and the Zubat! Oh man Hen he's looking GREAT!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:21 pm
[repede and yuri]

Satisfied with the Growlithe's hello, the eevee moved to sit along side him until her nose caught a whiff of something sweet, and she tilted her head up at the long haired man next to them. With a curious bark, she stepped closer and pawed gently at his foot for his attention.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff