Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:30 pm
Her eyes dropped to the table at mention of the other man, but she nodded, lifting her gaze to him again. "Well, that's good then. I'm sure she's strong."

She listened attentively at his job description, her smile returning. "it certainly sounds like you've got an important roll. Again, I'm impressed, Captain," she giggled. "I'm sure you love it, though, as hard as it sounds? You definitely have the impression of a patriot, that's for sure." She paused again, her grin softening. "Mr. Ioder...Is he nice?" She wondered if her parents ever had any interaction with him at all, even indirectly. She at least hope he respected his knights. They seemed to be a force to be proud of.

Lovey, meanwhile, turned her attention to the Glaceon as she delicately munched on her second Pecha berry, pausing a moment to tilt her head at the other Pokemon when it looked them over. <>  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:37 pm
Flynn blushed slightly but cleared his throat a bit and nodded. "Yes, he's very kind."

The man then shook his head. "Anyway, enough about myself. I'd like to hear more about what you do."

Celsius leveled her gaze on Lovey at the question. ""  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:48 pm
She bit back a smile at his blush, but nodded instead of commenting on it. "That's good to hear. Working for people who aren't is a bit... horrific."

When he shook his head and turned the table on her, however, it was her time to blush. "Oh, um...My career isn't nearly as interesting as yours," she told him, her cheeks deeply pink. "I, um...model. O-Or used to. Now I just pick up shoots here and there...Kodo isn't exactly a hot spot for that kind of thing..." She tucked her hair back, a bit embarrassed. Here he was, with an awesome job, and she just... let people make her pretty.

Lovey blinked a little, then settled over Dove's lap, looking to the Glaceon. <>  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 pm
Celsius huffed a little, "Nothing strange about it."

The sound contrasted by Flynn's soft laugh. "You make it sound as if there's something wrong with being a model. I'm sure you're very good at it."

Even the blonde had to admit that Dove was rather... well... pretty. You'd have to be blind not to see that.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 pm
Lovey seemed a little confused, but settled on Dove's other side, leaving the Pecha berry half eaten on the plate where she had sat before.

Dove's face only turned a deeper shade of pink. "Oh, it's just, a lot of people think of it as a career that doesn't require much... effort. And it seems a little silly to have worked so hard in school for something that outwardly requires no immediate intellect," she explained, feeling a bit guilty for the way she felt about it, and her inability to properly explain. "I assure you, though, it's not just about letting people make you over and sitting in front of a camera! There's a lot to learn, and practice, and then there's marketing and promotion and images and client connection..." She shrugged a little, then laughed at herself, embarrassed. "Thank you, though, for your confidence," she said more quietly, coming down from her quick outpouring of thought and tucking her hair back. "I do the best I can."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:51 pm
Celsius said nothing, for she was annoyed by this little Eevee. Not finding her attempt at conversation especially intelligent or worth her time.

"I can believe that," Flynn said when Dove assured him that there was more to it than what most people thought. "So then why do you care about what other people think?"

She seemed to with how she had presented her career, after all.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Lovey simply stared at the Glaceon, then silently returned to Dove's opposite side. If the other pokemon didn't want to talk, so be it. Pecha berries were better than idle chat anyway.

Dove stayed quiet a moment, then shrugged a little, looking down to the table as though pulling from something now distant. "In the society I grew up in, it's a ridiculously hard routine, keeping your--and your family's-- image. How you're perceived is everything, and I guess I haven't really ...broken that habit, yet." She lifted her eyes back up to him, with a small smile. "And I hate the model stereotype. I highly value the lessons I received when growing up, and even those now. I might not be the smartest girl out there, but I value my education all the same."

She shook her head a little. "I guess it has something to do with being a small person in a new pool of people who don't know you at all, too. Hasn't really worked out so far though..." A soft laugh. "Definitely something to let go of, though, I think." She really did need to let it go. It had caused her more trouble anyway.

With that said, she turned her attention to the waitress as she returned to refill their drinks, nodding and giving a happy word of thanks when informed their food would be out shortly, grateful for the interruption before she could sink lower into her thoughts. Now wasn't time for that anyway, not with Flynn there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 pm
Flynn listened quietly but intently, glancing up as well when the waitress came to refill their drinks.

"While I didn't grow up in such an environment, I have seen it in action. The nobility in Grande Ile is just as you have described, actually." And he knew all too well how Yuri disliked them.

"So in a way, I understand where you're coming from, and its certainly nothing to be ashamed of."

He smile thoughtfully as he took a sip of his drink. "Even among new people, you should be proud of who you are. Each person contributes to society in their own way, and so long as you're doing the best you can, that's all that really matters."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:01 pm
Her eyes fell again to Flynn as he spoke, though the feeling that sparked in her chest was foreign, as though a mixture of both pride and shame in what he described. To be a noble had once seemed to hold much more value... It still did, in some ways, at least, to her. But here, it...didn't really seem to matter so much...While not technically 'nobility', her family had been powerful, even through generations, and while she still held great respect for her heritage, here it almost...almost felt like a burden. She never flaunted it, not that she realized, but it did seem that most of her current problems stemmed from her upbringing, at least in some way. Maybe the worlds just weren't meant to collide, and she had come too close, playing with fire.

Nonetheless, she was here, and planned to stay.

Though she was sure her inner confusion reflected in her eyes, she kept them on Flynn, her attention still his. She did soften, however, at his final words. "It's different here, and I'm still trying to figure out what my role is here...but I'm sure you're right," she offered with a small, but true, smile over the glass of tea in her hand. "Has anyone ever told you you're good at that?" she added, a hint of a soft giggle in her tone, though her words were genuine. "With encouraging words, I mean." Even on the beach, he had spoken with ease, and made her think more calmly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Again Flynn listened, though the man blinked at her compliment. His blush renewed (being fair skinned sucked), he rubbed the back of his head with a sheepish smile.

"Well... yes actually. I suppose its a talent? Really though I just like to help people in any way I can."

Finally though, the waitress returned, this time with their food in hand. Both plates were set down before the pair of adults. Flynn's blue eyes turning down towards the burger set before him.

"This looks delicious," he marveled.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:32 pm
She laughed lightly, her tone soft. "Well, you're very talented, and it's a trait that definitely suits you," she smiled, looking up to the waitress as she returned with their food.

She smiled brightly at his comment. "It does! This too, actually," she continued, adjusting her own plate to her liking before taking a small bite.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:43 pm
Flynn didn't hesitate to dig in. Taking the large burger her proceeded to eat it with relish, yet still tried to remain polite about it. Which was a bit tricky considering burgers were not the neatest of foods to eat. Still, the captain was clearly enjoying his food.

Pausing a moment to drink some of his tea, he then turned back to his company. "I think I'll have to come here often."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:49 pm
While she didn't voice her opinion, Dove appreciated his polite habit, and was sure to practice the same manners, though of course, they came naturally to her, after growing up in the environment she had.

She sipped her soup delicately, and lifted her eyes back to him when he spoke up again. "That good, hm?" she smiled brightly, setting the spoon aside in trade for the sandwich. "We're in here a lot for lunch, so maybe we'll run into you again." She glanced to the table in the corner across the restaurant. "Maybe next time your men won't be so busy," she giggled in good nature.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:35 pm
"Yes perhaps so," Flynn said, though he tilted his head up and a smirk lightly played on his lips.

"Though I will be sure to keep my men busy for this little prank of theirs. Uniceros' stall could use a good cleaning."

The captain having raised his voice intentionally once more. He then went back to his food.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 am
She laughed softly and dropped her eyes from his gaze at his smirk, her cheeks flushing pink, then took another bite of her sandwich while listening to him. She nodded a little at his suggestion of punishment, then glanced down to her hip in thought.

"I know this is random, but speaking of Uniceros...Was it hard to learn to ride him?" she asked, her interest clear. "Thierry isn't big enough to be ridden, but he should be one day. I was thinking about training him to be ridden..."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff