Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:15 am
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Yet you haven't stated anything to justify them not being good games or calling me naive.
...*sigh* You're really making me do this? Do I really HAVE to? I thought it was pretty universally well-known that Sonic games from Adventure up until about Colors and Generations are just pretty bad in general.

I was talking about the adventure games.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:36 am
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Yet you haven't stated anything to justify them not being good games or calling me naive.
...*sigh* You're really making me do this? Do I really HAVE to? I thought it was pretty universally well-known that Sonic games from Adventure up until about Colors and Generations are just pretty bad in general.

Uh, yeah. They're included in the timeline to which I'm referring, AKA 'new sonic' wit de green eyes. I'm saying that games with 'new Sonic' didn't start getting better until Colors and Generations.  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

The Nexus Embodied
Crew

Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:18 am
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo

Uh, yeah. They're included in the timeline to which I'm referring, AKA 'new sonic' wit de green eyes. I'm saying that games with 'new Sonic' didn't start getting better until Colors and Generations.

And you'd be wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:21 am
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu

And you'd be wrong.

Haha okay sure.  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

The Nexus Embodied
Crew

Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:26 am
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu

And you'd be wrong.

Haha okay sure.

You still haven't stated why the Adventure games as games by themselves are not good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:38 pm
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu

And you'd be wrong.

Haha okay sure.

You still haven't stated why the Adventure games as games by themselves are not good.
All right, if I HAVE to...

SA1: The poor camera. Overall padded-out gameplay with only about half of the characters being any good. The animations are finicky to say the least. And boss fights are an absolute joke. Speaking for myself, I'd only ever play this game again for Gamma.

SA2: It took the things that were good about the first adventure game and butchered them. The treasure hunting was hurt badly with the new radar along with the levels being too big with no sense of flow to begin with. The mech levels were linear corridor fests with "walk forward, shoot, and fall down a pit because of the clunky control" being the main theme. The Sonic levels, again, were linear corridors without the exploration of the first SA. The soundtrack is very samey, it just sounds like they pasted Crush 40's newest album onto the game only halfheartedly attempting to tie them in with the level themes. Sonic being the lead character has a piss poor amount of levels. SA1 felt like you were playing a bunch of short stories that make up to one decent sized game, whereas SA2 basically feels like playing the same game twice in order to get the final story. The camera still sucks. The story has millions of plot holes and took itself waaay too seriously. And it has quite possibly the most defensive, babyish, nostalgia-blind fanboys in the world. (It's too bad that you had to prove me right on THAT particular note... I was trying to hold on to the childish fantasy that other people who like the game can actually be mature enough to recognize that it's bad)

Now, I'll say again... I DO like Sonic Adventure 2. But that doesn't mean I can't recognize it's flaws.  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

The Nexus Embodied
Crew

Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 pm
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu

And you'd be wrong.

Haha okay sure.

SA1: The poor camera. Overall padded-out gameplay with only about half of the characters being any good. The animations are finicky to say the least. And boss fights are an absolute joke. Speaking for myself, I'd only ever play this game again for Gamma.

SA2: It took the things that were good about the first adventure game and butchered them. The treasure hunting was hurt badly with the new radar along with the levels being too big with no sense of flow to begin with. The mech levels were linear corridor fests with "walk forward, shoot, and fall down a pit because of the clunky control" being the main theme. The Sonic levels, again, were linear corridors without the exploration of the first SA. The soundtrack is very samey, it just sounds like they pasted Crush 40's newest album onto the game only halfheartedly attempting to tie them in with the level themes. Sonic being the lead character has a piss poor amount of levels. SA1 felt like you were playing a bunch of short stories that make up to one decent sized game, whereas SA2 basically feels like playing the same game twice in order to get the final story. The camera still sucks. The story has millions of plot holes and took itself waaay too seriously. And it has quite possibly the most defensive, babyish, nostalgia-blind fanboys in the world. (It's too bad that you had to prove me right on THAT particular note... I was trying to hold on to the childish fantasy that other people who like the game can actually be mature enough to recognize that it's bad)

Now, I'll say again... I DO like Sonic Adventure 2. But that doesn't mean I can't recognize it's flaws.

First off, ******** you. If you don't like the game fine. But if you're gonna attack me on a personal level by insulting me then prepare yourself a*****e.
SA1: Sonic, Gamma, Tails, and knuckles were all good characters. I'll admit Big and Amy could've done without, Amy and Big just being plot characters. But overall their stories were so short they were forgivable. The animations for the time were not that bad, they were as good as they needed to be. Honestly you're just trying to nitpick.
SA2: The ******** are you talking about with Radars? If you mean Knuckle's levels then you're retarded because there always was a radar, and they both function great and the levels had plenty of flow for a treasure hunting level. The Mech levels worked fine, they felt like they should driving a walker, big and heavy but with alot of power. It required you to be precise with your shots and time them as well as take on an armada of G.U.N forces, it worked fine. You've gotta be stupid if you believe this next one, halfheartedly? Yeah so I guess "City escape" wasn't tied in with the plot, or "Pumpkin Hill" right? Oh wait, they do tie into the plot wholeheartedly, and are memorable for a reason. And if I remember correctly, which I think I do, Sonic had the most levels of the hero story you dipshit. It's supposed to make you play it again to get a different perspective of the level. The camera doesn't suck, it actually functions very well, it could be better but it doesn't suck. The story had a million plotholes? The ******** are you talking about? The story was easy to follow and made complete sense. Anything you didn't get was because of your own stupidity, And the story took itself just as serious as it needed to. The Eclipse Cannon destroying the world is pretty serious if you ask me.
What it comes down to is that you as an individual, are a pretentious, arrogant, a*****e who's trying to look cool by going against the general belief. The games are highly praised for a reason, and you're just trying to nitpick in order to enforce your views. And you know what? Even if all these things are true, if the game is enjoyable, like you said it was, then it is a good game, because that's what a game is supposed to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 am
I really don't see the need to fight here about something so simple -_-'
Stop trying to prove a point. You guys obviously see things differently, so I doubt this fight will end anytime soon if you guys decide to keep on trying to argue your point.  

Alkaid677

Alkaid677

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:41 am
Hmm, I don't really rage quit too much lolz ^.^ I mean I have definitely gotten angry at games before... But I don't like quiting a game out of rage.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:54 am
I rage-quitted at monster hunter tri, but that was mainly because I had a hard time with the controls of the wii-mote. I should have bought another controller... But usually I can stay quite calm while playing games, unless it's just unfair or there are hackers.  

Armyst

Friendly Protector

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • First step to fame 200

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:06 pm
I am currently rage-quitting The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, I'm at the part where I use Moosh( polar bear with wings) to get the Dragon key which is needed to open up dungeon 4, and... EVERY TIME I GET TO THE LAST HOLE I FALL IN DESPITE MY CONSTANTLY PRESSING THE 'A' BUTTON scream scream scream  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:41 am
I dont rage often but when I do, I do it with style, for example I was playing just cause two whilst in a party with some friend and I kept failing this mission (but due to my not paying attention) there was a helicopter above after numerous failed hijacking attempts I shot it with a rocket and the copter fell on me, with that said I promptly respawned looked at te helicopter in the distance and said touché you win. And turned off my xbox. This happened about a week ago.  

Spiteful Cannibal
Vice Captain

Fashionable Fatcat

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:05 am
I don't do it myself but I play a lot of online multiplayer and people will quit at the drop of a hat. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, it happens so often you'll see people with more disconnects on their card than actual games finished. GCI people will ragequit and then send you a message acting like you're somehow the loser. For the very short period I played Battlefield 3, entire squads would drop out and send me profanity strewn madman letters because I liked camping with C4 on objectives.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:17 am
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu

And you'd be wrong.

Haha okay sure.

First off, ******** you. If you don't like the game fine. But if you're gonna attack me on a personal level by insulting me then prepare yourself a*****e.
SA1: Sonic, Gamma, Tails, and knuckles were all good characters. I'll admit Big and Amy could've done without, Amy and Big just being plot characters. But overall their stories were so short they were forgivable. The animations for the time were not that bad, they were as good as they needed to be. Honestly you're just trying to nitpick.
SA2: The ******** are you talking about with Radars? If you mean Knuckle's levels then you're retarded because there always was a radar, and they both function great and the levels had plenty of flow for a treasure hunting level. The Mech levels worked fine, they felt like they should driving a walker, big and heavy but with alot of power. It required you to be precise with your shots and time them as well as take on an armada of G.U.N forces, it worked fine. You've gotta be stupid if you believe this next one, halfheartedly? Yeah so I guess "City escape" wasn't tied in with the plot, or "Pumpkin Hill" right? Oh wait, they do tie into the plot wholeheartedly, and are memorable for a reason. And if I remember correctly, which I think I do, Sonic had the most levels of the hero story you dipshit. It's supposed to make you play it again to get a different perspective of the level. The camera doesn't suck, it actually functions very well, it could be better but it doesn't suck. The story had a million plotholes? The ******** are you talking about? The story was easy to follow and made complete sense. Anything you didn't get was because of your own stupidity, And the story took itself just as serious as it needed to. The Eclipse Cannon destroying the world is pretty serious if you ask me.
What it comes down to is that you as an individual, are a pretentious, arrogant, a*****e who's trying to look cool by going against the general belief. The games are highly praised for a reason, and you're just trying to nitpick in order to enforce your views. And you know what? Even if all these things are true, if the game is enjoyable, like you said it was, then it is a good game, because that's what a game is supposed to be.

I'm about to blow your freaking mind, kiddo; Sonic hasn't been good since the days I woke up and watched cartoons in my pajamas with a big bowl of cereal every Saturday morning. Why are the games still made? Because autistic people hate change. A lot of autistic people love Sonic. That theory of mine just now was awesome!  

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

The Nexus Embodied
Crew

Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:42 pm
An Empty Bag of Skittles
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu

I'm about to blow your freaking mind, kiddo; Sonic hasn't been good since the days I woke up and watched cartoons in my pajamas with a big bowl of cereal every Saturday morning. Why are the games still made? Because autistic people hate change. A lot of autistic people love Sonic. That theory of mine just now was awesome!

lol, The overwhelming amount of arrogant bullshit you just spewed, it's hilarious!
Let's break down your stupidity, shall we?
So you first bring up your childhood for some reason, but honestly you still seem to be a child, if you can't come up with anything more coherent or exact than " wen i wuz a kid" then you must be a child.
Secondly, that next part doesn't make sense, change has nothing to do with autism, not to mention that you are a piece of garbage bringing autism into this. Third, you're a piece of garbage for bringing autism into this, it's insulting and only further prevalences your own idiocy. And lastly, you just called what you said a theory, which it isn't, and claimed it to be awesome, which it isn't.  
Game chat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff