Welcome to Gaia! ::

ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

ToS friendly Yaoi Rp'ing and other forums. 

Tags: roleplaying, friendly, writing, entertainment, yaoi 

Reply Role Playing 1x1
[$] ஐӍαиɢℓєδ Ӎυsιcஐ (On Hold) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:01 am
Mute Black Sheep

Matthew stared down at their hands then looked up to Julian, swallowing a little at the sudden tension, but he could see the hesitation in the other's eyes. He wanted to stay as they were and that was enough of a comfort for Matthew to unwillingly let go of the others hand. He missed the warmth instantly but he distracted himself with looking back to the Violin. Matthew was in awe of the instrument really, the carving and the paint on it were truly astounding. The strings were all knew and the ivory tuners were well kept. It truly was a thing of beauty and when Julian spoke next Matthew looked up at him with slightly wide eyes.

"You would… get this for me? Really?" Matthew looked back at the instrument for a moment and then looked up to Julian again. "You have to play it for me. I can imagine you hold it now, and such a beautiful violin deserves to be played, so you have to play it for me… and promise to play it for me more than once." Matthew obviously meant that as he planned on meeting up with the other again, and many times after that, because he just couldn’t see this as being a onetime deal. This couldn’t be one day where the two of them got close and then they never saw each other again. Matthew didn't even care that he would get in trouble with his sister if he continued to speak with Julian.

When Julian stepped forward to buy the violin the old woman selling it smiled at him and gave Matthew a similar look as he stepped up beside Julian. Matthew was expecting the price to be astoundingly large but the woman sized them both up and then handed the violin over for only a hundred and fifty dollars. "I have been trying to sell this beauty for a while boys. I never got the right offer on it, always some big wig "music lover" wanting to buy it off me. But I saw the looks you two gave my baby and I know she's gonna go to a good home. Be sure you play her often you two. I am more than happy to give her to such a lovely young couple." Matthew felt a blush brighten up his face but he didn't go to protest what she thought.

The violin came with a nice black case, the boy being just as ornately designed, and Matthew was almost abuzz with joy. Matthew bid the woman a very kind farewell and then pulled Julian along with him "Why is it that everyone seems to think we are a couple?" Of course the woman had seen the whole hand holding thing so maybe she thought it because of that? Matthew didn't know and he wasn't even sure if he cared. He wanted to hear Julian play the violin right now and so he pulled the other back toward the car. "Lets go to the park yes? It's not to late but there should be many people there and you can play for me!" Matthew smiled up there with all the joy of an over excited puppy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:39 pm

"Of course I will. I want you to have it." Julian looked over to Matthew, he really did want him to have it. He simply laughed then nodded. "I promise that I will play it for you more than once." He'd play it all day if it meant that they got time together. Julian was already thinking about things they could do together in the future, like Matthew, he didn't want this to be a one time thing, he wanted to keep seeing Matthew and being his friend. Julian turned and smiled at the elderly woman who smiled warmly at them. He looked over the Violin as he stepped closer again.

"Are you sure? This is a beautiful piece." Julian too was shocked at the simple price. "People who only see true art and music as a fad. We will, we'll also make sure to keep her polished, clean and have new strings." Julian could feel heat creep onto his face. He thought about protesting their relationship but decided not to. He was taught at a young age not to argue with his elders after all. Julian pulled out his wallet and handed the money over. He had slipped four hundred dollar bills in with the original hundred and fifty. She was very generous, but Julian didn't feel right paying such a small price for such a beautiful instrument. "Thank you." Julian set the Violin in the case and was pulled away with Matthew. As they walked away, he could hear the old woman shouting for him.

Looking over his shoulder, he smiled at her shocked face then waved to her before they got lost in the crowd. "I have no idea." Julian laughed softly, not that he mind them being mistaken for a couple. "Sounds like a plan to me." Julian handed the case to Matthew as he unlocked the car, opening the door for the male before getting in on the other side. The drive to the park was a short one, around a few blocks, he was parking in the lot and getting out. Julian led Matthew away from the parking lot to a nice, dry bench. It was under a small open building. Julian sat down on the bench and opened the case. His calloused fingers lowly ran over the polished violin. Taking it out, he set it in place, the familiar felling of it coming back. He reached in and removed the bow from the case. Slowly he ran his fingers over the strings to get the feeling for it once again before he began to play.

It started out with high notes that slowly descended into low notes then back to high notes. He felt a bit rusty at it first then he quick caught back onto it. While playing, Julian truly began to miss playing the violin like he had in his younger years. The hours he'd spend playing it. The speed suddenly picked up as Julian played, getting really into it like he had all those years before. The tones slowly slowed down and went back to the steady pace it had before. He used to play it to keep himself from getting too lonely. Why had he stopped? It couldn't be because of work. he had time to play, he spent more time wishing he wasn't lonely at home when he could just be playing once again. The song ended with the tones steady and long before he played a few more notes and then stopped. "Wow... it's... been years. I forgot how much I love playing the violin." Julian smiled over to Matthew.

Killer_Kiwi_XD

Mute Black Sheep
Vice Captain

Wheezing Grabber

13,300 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm
Mute Black Sheep

Matthew was abuzz with anticipation as they left the blocked off area of street, the antique sale having been winding down a little bit but still going strong, and he gave Julian a simple thank you when the door was opened for him. Matthew sat in the passenger seat gently stroking the Violin case with a smile on his face. He had never been good at playing the violin but the look of violins he had always loved. The smooth lines and the curls in the wood, the long stylistic neck, and the possibilities that such instruments had. Matthew loved it almost as much as he had loved the red wood grand piano that his mother and father had in the house.

Matthew stared out the car window as they drove the short distance to the park and then eagerly followed Julian t a nice dry park bench. The sun was getting rather low in the sky but they still had a good hour or two before it fully set. Matthew sat on the bench asn silently watched as Julian unwrapped the violin, his long fingers gently caressing the case and then the violin it's self, and Matthew silently wondered why the other had said it had been so long since he had played. It was apparent that the man loved the violin and he had no physical injuries that Matthew could see. Why then had Julian not played the violin in so long?

Matthew watched and waited for the other to play and as he lifted the instrument to his Chin Matthew was already in awe. The compassion and concentration, and dare Matthew say love, that Julian had on his face for being able to play kindled a fire that Matthew himself had felt just tonight while he had played at the restaurant. It was truly astounding and heartwarming to see that on Julian's face. As Julian started playing though Matthew was so glad that he had convinced the other to play for him so easily. The sound washed over him like a balm to the senses and Matthew couldn’t help but simply sit and stare as Julian played.

He found himself lulled into a sense of complete calm as Julian moved the bow so elegantly across the strings, his fingers moving nimble on the neck and pressing at each string to bring out the purest note. Matthew took a deep breath and as the song slowly came to an end he carefully let it out, his heart giving a small thump, and he smiled widely up at Julian. "That was fantastic! I cannot understand why you do not play every day… You are so good at it. How is it not a career for you?" Matthew Tilted his head and reached out to touch the violin, accidentally grazing his fingers along Julian's. "I could never play this instrument! I always play the piano and sang… those were what I was good at. I tried to play the Violin once but I could never get the pressure on the strings right." Matthew chuckled slightly, sitting side ways on the bench and leaning slightly closer to Julian without realizing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:58 am

Julian was really glad that Matthew enjoyed the song he played for him, just as much as he enjoyed playing it. "Because I followed my father's foot steps. Not only because it was expected of me, but also because I wanted to help people. I love playing the violin, but I knew I couldn't make a career of it." He said sadly. He remembered that while in law school, he still played the violin and tried to go for that, but it was impossible to get anywhere with it. So it just became a hobby, a love hobby. Julian looked at his hand, where Matthew's hand had touched it. "It is hard. You have to have a strong grip for it. Often leads to cramped hands though." He laughed as he clenched his hand, his fingers stiff from the lack of playing.

Julian looked up at the other male, a tension between them growing, it quickly died away as children ran past them, screaming and laughing. Julian's light blue eyes moved away from Matthew to watch as the children ran past them and on their way away. Looking back, he gave another smile. "Would you like me to teach you? You'll only use your right hand for the bow." Julian held out the violin for Matthew to take. "Every time we meet, I can teach you some more." He offered, finding a really good reason for the both of them to meet up again. "Here, hold it against your chin." Julian scooted closer to Matthew, helping him place the violin. "Tilt it just a little more." Slowly, he guided the violin then let go. "Perfect." Julian took a moment to take in the image of Matthew holding the violin.

"You look like you were born with it in your hands. Perfect." He hadn't realized that he was staring. Julian felt that same ping in his heart that he had while they were at the museum in the gardens. The sun was low in the sky, the clouds had begun to break apart here and there to let in rays of sun light. What did come through seemed to hit Matthew perfectly. His blonde hair and the violin shining in the sunlight. There hadn't ever been a time before when Julian knew he wanted to spend more time with somebody. He knew what it felt like now. Julian moved closer again, his arms wrapping around Matthew.

His right hand took the other male's with the bow and his left hand rested on top of Matthew's. Each finger to the male's fingers. He placed each one on a string. "Even pressure, use your thumb to grip the back of the neck and squeeze without moving your fingers." Julian helped Matthew apply the right amount of pressure before leading the other male's hand with the bow across the strings. It let out a low and even tone that echoed. "There, just like that." Julian smiled at Matthew, their faces a few inches away from one another. "Now like this." He repositioned Matthew's hands on the strings then with his other helped him tilt the bow. Dragging the bow back across the strings, this time it let out a smooth, high note. "Changing the way the bow is held will produce a new sound. You want to gently and gracefully pull and push the bow across the strings, just so that they are touching. You never want to saw the bow. It will damage the strings and produce a horrible noise." Julian laughed. "It is no piano, but I think you'll enjoy playing it."

Maybe it could bring some joy to Matthew's life, so he didn't relate so closely to the statue of the angel Gabriel. Or maybe through it, he could become how Julian saw the statue, righteous. To overcome what chained him down and become something new, something he wanted to be. Of course, Julian didn't know of the extent that Matthew was held down. Who it was and why.

Julian moved back to show Matthew a few more notes and give him pointers on how to play. What each tilt of the bow would produce and how much pressure to really put on the strings. "Just like in those paintings with the heavy stokes and the light ones, that is how you should see the bow like. The harder you press, the richer, deeper tones you will get and those light strokes will give you a wonderful, light tone." Julian helped demonstrate what he was talking about. "If you ever wanted to, you could come over to my home and I can teach you more. We can practice together." Julian smiled, just the thought of having Matthew over made him truly happy.

Killer_Kiwi_XD

Mute Black Sheep
Vice Captain

Wheezing Grabber

13,300 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Role Playing 1x1

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff