Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Evolution: What is your take on it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:25 am
Pistil
Sanguvixen
Pistil
Most of the time it's something as simple as a repressor gene. ><

So it could very well be possible.

Yeah...but human rights activists would probably get in the way and shut down such a project.
Yeah, I just thought of that.

Here in Canada, no one's supposed to mess with the human genome.

But I don't think it could stop them from making chimps with tails...

Chimps are 99% genetically identical to us humans. If they(genologists) are able to find a way to reawaken the gene to grow a tail in a chimp...than it is safe that say that with that accomplished they could easiler transfer what they did to the chimps over to a human.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:39 am
DivideByZero14
This site, I feel, does an amazing job being even-handed and handing out only the facts. It's a great reference for the topic in general.

http://www.creationtheory.org/

;huggles Zero; Beautiful website! Wow...the people who give this guy hate mail are pure idiots! None of them make any sense.

Wow...it reminds me of what it is like to try to debate intellectually with people in the good ole GD.

Sanguvixen

Pistil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:32 pm
Sanguvixen
Pistil
Sanguvixen
Pistil
Most of the time it's something as simple as a repressor gene. ><

So it could very well be possible.

Yeah...but human rights activists would probably get in the way and shut down such a project.
Yeah, I just thought of that.

Here in Canada, no one's supposed to mess with the human genome.

But I don't think it could stop them from making chimps with tails...

Chimps are 99% genetically identical to us humans. If they(genologists) are able to find a way to reawaken the gene to grow a tail in a chimp...than it is safe that say that with that accomplished they could easiler transfer what they did to the chimps over to a human.
That's why I mentioned them. XD

But they wouldn't just dive into experimenting with the chimp. stare

They'd likely start out with

a) chicks
b) mice
c) rats
d) frogs
or even
e) zebrafish

Which, yeah, those all have tails. So they'd put chimp genes into them to see which one eventually makes a tailless critter. Once they figure that out, they'd have to then figure out how to reverse it, then apply that to the chimp. @.@  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:48 pm
Sanguvixen
DivideByZero14
This site, I feel, does an amazing job being even-handed and handing out only the facts. It's a great reference for the topic in general.

;huggles Zero; Beautiful website! Wow...the people who give this guy hate mail are pure idiots! None of them make any sense.

Wow...it reminds me of what it is like to try to debate intellectually with people in the good ole GD.

Huggles! Thanks; I love huggles!

(To everyone else: What's a huggle?)

Yeah, CreationTheory has more on it then I'd ever care to know. And some of the hate mail is quite hysterical.  

DivideByZero14

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:09 pm
DivideByZero14
Sanguvixen
DivideByZero14

Huggles! Thanks; I love huggles!

(To everyone else: What's a huggle?)

Yeah, CreationTheory has more on it then I'd ever care to know. And some of the hate mail is quite hysterical.

A huggle implies that if you were near by I'd grab you and give you a big bear hug.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff