Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Uh... Not breaking anything this time, promise. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:13 pm
He talk of intentions made her sink in a little, but she quickly threw the thoughts to the ocean--there was no place for that now, especially not while she was sitting so close to Luke. A flash of Sera's face telling her off for reminding him of all the wrong, came to the front of her mind, and instead, she chose to only give a nod of understanding. "All we can do it try to move forward, which is..." a draw of breath, "... really hard sometimes, but at least we can learn from our mistakes. There's really no use in completely ignoring what's happened, even if we can't change it. I guess we have to let it change us--for the better, I mean..." she amended more softly.

His laugh again drew her attention, and a smile. "You don't give yourself enough credit, Luke," she said gently. If anything, she decided, this boy needed encouragement, but only if it was genuine, and in this case, she really thought it was. "Stubborn you may be, but it's for the right reasons, it seems."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:31 pm
He gave a curt nod, "Yeah. Learn from the past to build a better future - or something less cheesy." A dismissive shrug. "There's really only two choices: Move on or stay put. …Though all of that's a lot easier to say than to do." He threw phrases like that around a lot when talking to other people, but the fact remained that in regards to a lot of different matters, he was still at a standstill.

"Seems like that's the number one thing people are always arguing with me on," he observed, apology in his tone. He simply lacked the confidence to agree with any praise he received. "I guess," a hand rubbed idly at the back of his neck, "but I don't know…" There was a moment of quiet that passed over him before he was suddenly attentive, his posture a little straighter, "Sorry, you didn't come out here to hear about my self-esteem issues…" Way to rant.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:59 pm
"Something like that..." she agreed, looking back out at the ocean and setting her chin to the tops of her knees. "And yes, it is, but... one step at a time, right?" And if standing is all you're capable of...

She smiled apologetically at his tone of apology, but softened and shook her head as well. "Everyone is their own worst critic..." A pause. "Or they don't even realize how badly they need the critique until it's too late," she added, knowing which of the two she would place herself in immediately. "I'd have to guess you're in with the first group."

Her eyes fell a little, and a short half laugh was produced. "Really, it's okay...Everyone has them, whether they're willing to admit it or not. I actually came out here to take care of some of my own, to be honest. " she told him sheepishly, tucking her hair back. Her expression grew a little more serious. "I know you don't really know me, but if you need to talk about anything, I can at least listen. If it would help, I mean."

Stupid girl... she thought to herself. Luke had actual friends that she was sure had already offered to listen. He wasn't going to talk about that kind of stuff seriously with her, no matter how genuine her offer as a third party, and she knew that. She would probably feel terribly uncomfortable in his place, had he offered the same-- and as she realized that, she wilted inside, her heart sinking.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:11 am
He made a sound of affirmation; with one step at a time, he'd come a long, long ways from where he had been a few months ago. It was difficult not to hold himself to a higher standard, though. Who was he to give anyone any kind of advice when he was still struggling? That was why it was so hard to talk to Sera, knowing that he owed her support but unable to support even himself properly.

Her assessment drew a laugh more humored than the others he had produced, "Well, maybe now, but just a couple years ago I'd probably have been a better fit for the second group." Oh how things could change.

Rem reappeared suddenly, panting lightly as she took a place at Luke's side, worn down enough to allow the pat on the head he offered. "I appreciate it," he replied, his mild disposition adorned with a quiet smile. "And the same goes for you. Honestly I think I'm probably better at listening than talking, so." A shrug.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:27 pm
His laugh drew a genuine smile to her face again, but she kept her face turned toward the sea so he wouldn't see it when it fell. For him it might have been a couple of years ago, but as for herself, she wasn't even sure she had earned her way out of it yet. Another small part of her wilted inside at the humor it produced, and the fact that she still considered herself a part of it. "Well. I guess that proves that change isn't always bad, right?" she attempted to joke, though to her chagrin, came out as more of a decent question. Change had been a large player in her life recently, and so far, she wasn't entirely sure what she thought of it herself. At least it was a step somewhere.

She turned back again as Rem reappeared, and offered it another little smile, watching as Luke reached out to pet it. His expression, though, surprised her, and it was clear in her expression as he returned the invitation. Her face pinked a little, but she reflected his smile all the same. "Thanks, Luke..." She would be careful with his offer... She couldn't afford not to be, considering all that had happened last time. It was still a wonder that he was so kind toward her, and the thought of bringing him down with any of her own problems was just... no. While he seemed to be the type of person that wouldn't mind being called upon to help, she certainly didn't think she had that right.

The warning in the back of her mind--the one that had been there since she had first seen him that day one the beach-- did remind her of something, and as she motioned for Lovey to come to her, she looked again to Luke. "Hey, I know this is a little random, but..." She spoke carefully, knowing she was on seriously thin ice with her question. it was worrying her, though, no matter how vehemently she was trying not to give a care. "Have you seen Sera lately? I saw her a few days ago, but she wouldn't let me talk to her..." Seraphine's attitude towards her, at least, wouldn't be any surprise. Anyone within a semi-decent radius of the two, when the other brunette deemed it acceptable to share space with her, would immediately pick up on the younger girl's distaste. Dove just really, really hoped he already knew if something was up. Bearing bad news again, even if it was just 'Sera looked upset', would be the absolute worst, and if that were the case, she might as well just start swimming back to Sinnoh.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:56 pm
Rem took a seat in the sand, leaning her head from her trainer's hand, and Luke respected the gesture and withdrew. "Yeah," he agreed with a light shrug. "If it can't be helped one way or another, I guess we can at least hope it's for the better." The trainers as a whole had been dealing with more than enough change for the worse as of late.

He folded his hands in his lap, watching the Jolteon's fascinated stare at the sea foam that advanced upon and withdrew from the shore. He returned his attention to Dove as she began to speak, curiously awaiting the words, though what she said caused an amalgam of worry and unease to spread in his expression. "I have," he confirmed with a nod. He had somehow managed to remain oblivious to the friction between the two, but it didn't take much effort to conclude why Seraphine would refuse conversation. "She's… A lot happened. It's not really my place to talk about it, though."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:12 pm
Can't be helped... The words added a weight to her shoulders, but she said nothing of it, and instead only added a nod. The change she assumed he was speaking of was a much more worrisome topic, anyway.

She wilted even further as his expression changed, and quickly shook her head, a sharp fear in her eyes. "Oh, no, no... You don't have to explain," she quickly amended. "I'm sure she wouldn't want me to know, anyway, even on a good day. I was just worried about her..." Her gaze dropped to the sand as she lowered and crossed her legs, her arms wrapping again around the sweater over her torso. She offered what she hoped was an optimistic smile. "Im sure she'll bounce back from whatever it is, though. She's got good friends to lean on."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:29 pm
He couldn't respond to that enthusiasm in kind. He tested various words in silence before finding any that he deemed suitable to speak. "I don't think I can be the friend she needs," he said at length. "I don't know how to help her through her situation when I still can't deal with my own."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:54 pm
She stayed quiet a while, thinking his words over. "Sometimes all it takes is the knowledge that there's someone else there when you need them," she said tentatively. "It might not be a problem you can fix, but if she's sure she won't have to go through it alone..." She grew quieter, more withdrawn. "Sometimes that's really all you can do, even if you don't think it's enough..."

She fell silent again, brushing her side absently, knowing that he was very clearly weighted down by whatever it was on his mind-- and she couldn't blame him in the slightest for it, considering all he had been through. How to approach him about it--and if she even should at all-- escaped her completely, even if there was a chance at all she might be able to help him. Which she doubted, though she was willing to try, against her better judgement.

"Really... if there's anything either of you need, don't hesitate to ask..." she finally said, leaving it as open ended as he needed it to be.Yeah. There you go. Now go wait for him to just outright tell you. Idiot  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 am
He listened in wordless agreement with the final sentiment. It certainly didn't feel like enough when just being there failed to do anything to improve her mentality, especially when he knew how much effort Seraphine had invested for his sake when he was at his worst.

The smile he offered in response to her offer was wan. "The things we need most aren't so easily given, right?" he said. "Confidence, peace of mind… …Sorry, I know that's not what you meant."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:43 pm
She shook her head, her expression slightly penitent. "It's okay... And no... they're not. I wish they were," she sighed, her tone betraying how desperate that spoken wish was. "It's hard to find them too, but all we can do is try, right? Especially when we think sure we deserve them," she added quietly, again, knowing it applied to herself almost as much as he seemed to think it applied to him.

She quieted a moment, looking out at the ocean, then looked back to him again, though her gaze only lingered a moment. "Luke.... If you could change anything... anything at all. Where would you start?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm
"I don't know… Maybe it's just me, but I feel like if it's something I had before that was taken away, I only have myself to blame. I guess that's my pessimism, though…" Objectively speaking, that pessimism was probably a habit he should have been a bit more active in trying to escape.

Her question received an answer with scarcely a moment of thought or hesitation; it was obviously something he had considered on a fairly frequent basis, "Exchange my life for Asch's."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:36 am
"You can't be blamed for the way you feel, Luke. I do understand it though...but it's not your fault." Confidence, inner peace... No one could blame him for the things that had ripped them from his hands. He had done nothing to deserve the tragedies he had been out through.

She listened attentively, surprised when he spoke up so quickly in reply to her question. His answer, however understood immediately, was shocking to hear so clearly, and she paused, unable to find the words. This wasnt something she felt she had any right to talk with him about.. There was so much to it, things she had no right knowing at all, things that made her head spin even when she wasnt truly related to it. This wasnt her place, and her expression--no, her very being-- became apologetic in the wake of his honesty. She had no right to pry into things like this, even with the intent to help. The last time had turned out horrific, and he had friends for this. Best friends. They were the ones she was sure he needed. She understood his answer. His brother hda taken his own life to save him, an any survivor in the situation would suffer survivors guilt, even if it had been the other's desire. Even with all of Asch's reasoning that she had to admit had made sense, morbidly enough, she couldn't imagine the weight of knowing the sacrifice to the extent Luke did. And being able to do nothing about it.

Words failed her, and all she could do was desperately search the sands for anything to say in addition to a soft, "I'm sorry..." What a stupid question...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:23 pm
He gave a mild shrug that acknowledged that he wouldn't be able to come to an agreement on the subject. He was so bound up in self-deprecation and self-blame that discussions about things that were and weren't his fault were rarely productive, though his stubbornness forbade him from seeing the error in his thinking.

The remorse that came into Dove's disposition was mistaken for plain discomfort, and Luke gave a small, apologetic laugh, "Sorry, there are a lot of things wrong with that, huh?" Though it was an honest answer, he understood that it was unreasonable and selfish, and he had some grasp of how it would hurt the people he knew to grant such a wish. A hand raised to the back of his neck. "Um… I don't know. Something like world peace sounds cliche and naive - and pretty much impossible. I guess for now it would be enough just to not have to worry about Team Rocket anymore?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:01 pm
His shrug was noted, though she decided not to push the topic any further than a few more words, especially after his answer had been so shocking... and yet strangely fitting. "It's not."

His apology was accepted with a slight smile of her own, though it was more of a polite courtesy than anything. To deny him would only have him dwell on it, even if she truly did feel as though she was the only one who should have apologized. And she did. "It's okay... really. I get it, a little, I guess..." Yeah, a little. She guessed. She didn't understand what he was feeling at all, but she knew it was something she never wanted to come in contact with again. Ever.

His new answer was easier to accept, and she nodded, falling into a moment of silence as she seemed to think it through. "So where do we start? Have you been... shooting anymore?" Oh, yes, good. Ask him about something else uncomfortable. You're perfect. "I mean, you've been training your team, right? So maybe you won't need it..."

Optimism. Haaaaa.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces