Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 am
He hadn't thought of it that way before and nodded in thoughtful understanding, "I guess that makes sense too…" It was true that he had every resource at his disposal to simply disown the Fabre name and never return, let alone take up his father's legacy. Understanding that he was making his own decision in the matter left a lot to wonder about his motivations.

"Um," a hand found the hem of his shirt, "my brother was in Team Rocket. The man who taught us both how to use a sword was a Rocket who kidnapped my brother when we were little. We don't know what his motive was, but given that Asch was the family's heir, he was probably trying to get to Grande Ile's government." There was a heaviness to his expression, and his words quieted. "When it came down to my life or my brother's, Asch sacrificed himself so I would live and Team Rocket would have no foothold in Parliament." He breathed a light breath, his eyes clear but distant. "In his death was a wish to protect our home, our country. I don't want to forsake that."

He gave a brief shrug, "I guess the problem is that I don't really know what else I would do. I don't have any real skills or interests. I guess I do want to do it, though… There's a lot I don't know or understand, but I like to think I might be able to help change something from that kind of position, like bringing pokemon training to Grande Ile, for example."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:42 pm
Surprised by the information about a Rocket having kidnapped his brother, Akira listened with his mouth slightly agape. "I see," he said at last, looking back down. "It's a shame it had to end that way. But I can see your point." His brows furrowed a bit as he pondered something. "I'm amazed your brother had the loyalty he did to his country, even having been raised in an entirely different one. He must have been a true heir to hold his duty to Grande Ile as high as he did."

Akira smiled slowly as Luke remarked on his plans. "You sound like a true heir yourself. I admire you for that, Luke. And...I'm a little envious. It seems that like Seraphine, you already know what you want out of life."

He rose from his seat, dusting off his pants. "I just hope your future position and responsibilities don't somehow end up separating you from the one you most love. It becomes hardest when one's own desires come into conflict with one's appointed duties. I pray you never have to face that."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:39 pm
He shook his head lightly, wearing a somewhat sheepish smile. "I don't really think it's knowing what I want so much as it is accepting what's been given to me. If not for my family being what it is, I wouldn't have any clue what to do in the future. Rather than finding what I want, it was kind of laid out for me without much room for discussion." The comparison drawn between himself and his brother, who had willingly died for the sake of their family and their homeland, wasn't one he could easily accept, knowing well that he wouldn't do the same.

"It's probably naive to say, not knowing what kinds of things will happen in the future," he tented his fingers idly, "but the reason I can live is because of her. Her safety and happiness are my highest priorities."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:26 pm
"That's the thing, though," Akira replied, sounding a little melancholy. "If you have your life laid out for you, you never really have much of a chance to experience anything else. Maybe there's something you'd really enjoy a great deal more or you'd be a lot better at. If you had stayed at home in the capital, for example, you wouldn't have met anyone here or made the friends you did. If you're happy with doing what expected of you, that's great, but I wouldn't settle for it just because it's the only thing you've known." He hesitated. "Not...that it's my place to say such things. Forgive me if I overstepped my boundaries."

He nodded again, considering. "I just hope that your family isn't the sort to...avoid association with commoners, because I'd imagine that might be a problem for your relationship when you would resume your role as an heir. Aside from that, I there's also her opinion to think of - if she'd want that sort of lifestyle or be happy with it or go with it just to stand by your side."

"Um...I know it's none of my business, but out of curiosity...do they have arranged marriages within the society you're from?"  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:59 pm
"I guess the bottom of it is that I don't really know what else there is," he said with a mild shrug. "Before the seven years I was confined at home, there was an incident where I lost my first ten years of memories. Almost of my experience starts from two and a half years ago when I came to Kodo. Though at this point it feels like it might be dangerous to start exploring what else there is - if I found something I like more than the idea of taking up a position in government and started thinking about abandoning that." A thoughtful frown. "I guess that's kind of what you're saying though, huh… not wanting to do anything else." It was a little difficult to think about.

He frowned bitterly at the suggestion. "It's not Father's decision. I won't tolerate him being rude to my friends. Eventually he's going to figure out that he can't control my life anymore." It certainly sounded like something his father might do, rejecting his friends for their backgrounds - or perhaps for the fact that Luke clearly preferred being with them than at his home. Mention of her opinion mellowed his indignant disposition, though he could find no words for a proper response. "To be fair," he said, "thinking about that kind of thing is probably jumping the gun a bit. I haven't really talked to her about… anything, so…"

Unexpected though the sudden question was, he didn't particularly mind it. "They do," he replied. "I don't know if it's a cultural thing or just political, though. I was engaged to a family friend for several years, but… Uh, it's kind of a long story, but it was broken off because of family circumstances."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:35 pm
"Jeez, lost memories too? You've really had it rough, haven't you?" He shook his head with a grim grin. "Heh...I see what you mean. I probably wouldn't want to know anything else either if I was in your shoes. Seems dangerous enough just to be out in the world, living this life."

"You're right, sorry. It's probably best not to worry about that sort of thing unless you have to," Akira conceded. "Oh...it was broken off? Well...that's good, sounds like. Good for you." He regarded the red head admiringly. "I hope everything goes well for you, Luke. Arceus knows you've suffered enough to deserve it."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:18 am
A small shrug; there was a part of him that wanted to argue back that his life couldn't be so bad given that he had a home, the means to live as comfortably as he wanted to, and friends who were determined to stand by him no matter what he did, but there was also a part that plainly understood that he had suffered in his life - sometimes immensely.

At the comment on what he deserved, he opened his mouth to protest out of reflex, abandoning the endeavor when he realized its audacity. Instead he offered a faint smile and a resigned "thanks."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff