Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Dove cuddled Lovey closer, making the little fluff whine as she grinned at Lin. "Maybe... I think if we do it again, I'll have to tuck her away in her ball...But I wouldn't mind another go at it," she told him, moving toward the door of the center.

With a word of thanks and another bright smile, she stepped into the door he held open, and moved toward the counter, and the pink haired nurse standing behind it. Thankfully, there was no line, and she was able to pass her team along swiftly. After being told to wait only a few minutes, she looked to Lin again, and motioned toward a long bench. "Should we sit? It shouldn't be long."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:57 pm
Lin grinned brightly.
"Well it is, truly, the only way worth taking to get around in this," excellent, a use to show off more words he'd learned from his old friend "arboreal wonder! Trees as homes, plants as transportation; doesn't that just make wonderful sense?"
He seemed so pleased that she might want to go again; a little bit like a hyperactive kid showing off... granted, a somewhat 'flirty', flamboyant, hyperactive kid, but still, the delight in what he was talking about was there.

Jeeves, now silent, nose pointed up, followed the pair as they entered the building, watching as the team was handed over, yet putting up his own little leafy arm when someone asked if he happened to need any attention.
Before either trainer could answer- and apparently Lin had no intention to, letting the Snivy answer for himself anyway- he had made the gesture and shaken his head in a quick negative motion; no, no, he did not require any attention- just that young woman's team, thank you, as far as he was concerned, the pokécenter staff were dismissed from his own needs.
He stood next to the bench, when Dove indicated it.

Lin, on the other hand, looked around the pokécenter, frowned a bit, then nodded as Dove asked, smiling again.
"I doubt we'll be sitting long enough for my satisfaction, but any time spent sat in the company of a beautiful woman is time that one should consider well spent! After you?" Apparently whatever chivalry he was trying to follow included females sitting on benches first as well as entering through doors first.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:45 pm
She nodded, her bright smile returning to her features. "Oh, of course it does. I can only imagine that I'd have to train my own grass type pokemon if I were ever to think of staying for a long period of time, though my team is mostly set... I'm going to have to guess that you don't have many fire types in town, do you?" she asked almost sheepishly, knowing full well that there was not a single grass type in her party. Instead, she carried two, now three large fire breathing creatures.

She watched as both Jeeves and his trainer turned the attention from the nurses aside, with a little curiosity in her expression, but said little of it, moving over to the bench as he motioned for her to take her seat first. "Not even for a pick me up?" she asked, as though making sure he really didn't want Jeeves seen to at all. "They do that, you know... I've helped with that sort of thing before, in Camphoreon."

His flirty style was not ignored, and she smirked a little to herself, deciding that there was really no harm in it at all. In fact, it was a little bit reassuring, she thought, to know that at least someone still valued her looks. She wasn't a model for nothing, she supposed, though the thought brought a light blush to her cheeks--surely she wasn't that vain. "Well, any time in the company of such a courteous and handsome young gentleman is much better spent, in my opinion. But, of course, that is only my opinion..." she laughed, offering him her best smile. "Where did you perfect this flattery? I'm sure you're a knock out with the girls in this city..."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:21 am
There was a slight, uneasy, slow down into a pause, almost a wince of some kind, as Lin heard about fire type pokémon.
Slowly he shook his head, and tried keeping his smile up without showing off too much nervousness that had just flashed through him.

"Fire types? Oh, no... Not many, I believe, except with those who are passing through; trees, y'know." He gestured, still somewhat flamboyantly, with one hand. "Kinda awkward if you set someone's house alight..." Or, potentially, a whole street around here, he supposed.
As he sat, once Dove had sat down, and heard the question, he once again let a little of the act slip away; he didn't really see the harm in talking about what she asked.
"He doesn't like." Lin explained quietly, with an almost apologetic smile. "I kinda understand; I don't like doctors and we had a few bad experiences around here. We still come in when he really needs it, but we've got trees and plants all around and there's enough medicine to be made from it, if you know how."
After the quiet explanation, he let the style creep back up, even winking a little.
"Of course, I'm quite certain you have the wonderful, healing touch that beauties often do, so please don't let our aversion to these places offend you!"

In an odd twist, as she offered compliments back, Lin's eyes widened and, if one were quick and observant enough, a flash of red might be caught on his face.
The boy wasn't really used to getting it back, perhaps, and at her comment about the girls of the city, he turned his head just slightly, mumbling something to himself ("Not really...") before choosing to address the question she'd just asked instead.
"Oh, I, uh, studied under quite a master, but it truly is nothing more," He, trying to cover up for his slight slip a moment before, once again gestured with one hand to the air "then pointing out truth that is already there!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:58 pm
Immediately, Dove knew she had stepped into a pit, and her face pinked as she offered him an apologetic look. "Oh, yeah, I guess that makes sense... That would be... horrific, actually." Even the thought that her team had the power to do so was terrifying. She would be sure to keep them safely tucked away while in town....Especially Sparky.

At his apologetic expression as the talk turned back to Pokemon centers and their offerings, Dove held up a hand and shook her head gently. "Oh, no, I see. I absolutely despise hospitals, more than I could ever care to expound upon." She rubbed her wrapped arm gingerly, though what lay beneath it was fully healed. She had had far too much contact with hospitals herself recently to even question anyone else's dislike for them. Do you know how to make the medicines? If so, I would love to learn how," she told him, her eyes bright and very obviously interested. His next line, and the wink gave her no pause this time, and she laughed lightly, this time offering another small soft smirk. "Oh, I'm not offended in the slightest... They only let me work with pokemon they've already healed most of the way, if not all the way, and even then, I just feed and play with them. They did teach me a little bit about first aid and how to massage certain types, though," she laughed, her eyes looking to the Snivy with them, before flicking back to Lin. "To loosen them up after tough battles and training, you know."

At that moment, her name was called from the counter, and she excused herself to quickly collect her team before she returned to the bench and began to clip each ball back to the seemingly delicate chains on her belt as she tipped her head to him again. Not really, huh? She giggled a little, though very softly, at the quick flicker of red in his cheeks, but listened to him, shaking her head fondly. "He must have been a master, Lin, because I really know very few people with such talent as yours. Though I suppose you must be a natural as well, to be so good at finding such 'truths'." She offered another of her best smiles, then looked to the door. "I guess that's all I needed here, unless, of course, you've changed your mind? I'll leave it to you to lead on, if you're ready!" she told him good naturedly, very willing to do whatever he might suggest, so long as it was safe.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:35 am
"Well, we have a pretty good firefighting team; it's kind of a, y'know, necessity." Lin smiled reassuringly; yep, Fire types were scary and could be bad news for here, but he guessed it was rather unfair to make someone feel guilty, or worried, just for carrying them.

"Yes." He then nodded slightly. "I believe Jeeves' feelings about pokécenters are a lot like how people can feel about hospitals, so we only use the place in a real emergency. Um, well I am sure I would have great pleasure in acquiring a talented, pretty student," He fell from normalcy to the flamboyance mid conversation "and that would be a yes. The trees tend to have a lot of bug types and poison types around them so living here, you get to learn a lot about them and the different cures for things; plus that old teacher we were just talking about?" He grinned "He was even more of a master at herbalism than at flattery."

Jeeves had been keeping tabs on the conversation, understanding most and then looking back at Dove when she let her eyes slide his way.
They had been talking about something that the somewhat 'stiff' pokémon would consider a little informal and improper, he was sure. His eyes went to Lin with an almost 'don't you dare' expression.

"Massages?! Well! You are welcome to try, but I'm not certain if Jeeves would let you near him; he's kind of stuffy. However, if you really wanted a volunteer..." He let the cheeky statement hang, cut off as her name was called.

He and the Snivy exchanged looks while Dove went to the counter; Jeeves looking rather pointedly exasperated at him for just a moment, while Lin smiled back at him with a shrugging expression; he was enjoying himself,

"Oh, well, I try, I try!" Lin allowed himself another cheeky grin in response to being called a natural, and talented, at flattery, as he rose from the bench, ready to go. "Of course, as I said, sometimes it is simply made easy to them as they are plain to see!"

A quick look at Jeeves when she asked about changing minds gave him a very quick head shake from the grass type.
"No, no, we're ready to go! So, dinner then!" He moved to open the door for her again. "And, true to the promise made, I shall ask this time; any objection to some more stylish arboreal navigation?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:31 pm
Upon her return, Dove was sure to answer his questions and respond to what he had said, though she chose not to further the topic of fire types-- it certainly didn't seem like a comfortable one for Lin.

Her smile grew even brighter, and the excitement didn't leave a bit as she did choose to pick up with the topic of medicines. "Is there anything you could teach me about it? Not like, the in depth parts of it, but that's actually one of the reasons I wanted to visit the University. It would go hand in hand with my training while I volunteer at the pokemon centers back home, if I could figure out a few methods to treat poisoning and common problems, you know?" She was sure it would definitely come in handy!

The boy's enthusiasm made her giggle, and paired with the Snivy's near glare, the giggling became a true laugh. "Hey, after all the kindness you've bestowed on me and my team, I could certainly try, if you really wanted," she shrugged, still giggling a little.

As he stood, she shook her head, still not entirely settled from her amusement, but nodded at his announcement for dinner as she moved out of the door and onto the wooden streets again. "I think I could handle it again," she smiled. A quick tap to a ball on her belt. "Lovey will just have to sit this one out!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:15 pm
"I... suspect there are a couple of things I could teach you," Lin agreed "but surely, if you've been helping out at a pokécenter, and with your obviously healing touch," he grinned "you must know quite a bit about it already?" He was eager to show off, but he didn't want to start teaching her things she already knew and -not- impressing her. That wouldn't do at all.
"How much do you know about berries, for example, that have healing properties?"

Her, seeming, agreement to his volunteering for a massage got another touch of red, but it might have been as much in shock that what he was doing actually seemed to be getting him somewhere; Lin hadn't been lying when he'd mentioned, however much under his breath, that he was 'not really' all that popular with the local girls.
"W-well then! I might just -have- to take you up on that offer; to be touched by the hands of such a beauty, after all! Who would- No, who /could/- possibly pass up such a chance?! Though I suppose," He let his words take on an almost 'heavy', 'disappointed' air "that such things really should wait until after dinner. If you're ready, stay close?" He held out an arm in invitation, then gave a gesture to Jeeves. It was much the same as the one before, but accompanied by a two word command this time.
"To dinner!"

The Snivy gave a shallow nod, sought out an anchoring branch for one Vine Whip and Wrap, before allowing another Vine to seek out both Dove and Lin at once this time; planning, as long as they stood close together to take them both straight upward with the same vine.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:41 pm
She smiled brightly. "I might have to stay in town an extra day or two, if you're not busy..." she told him, though she shook her head at his assumption that she had an 'obviously healing touch'. it had been quite the opposite for most of her time on Kodo, at least with its human inhabitants. Her headshake turned into a slight shrug. "I do know a little, but nothing in depth. I mean, I've read books and articles about making them stronger, but I've no idea how to put it into practice...Berries I know, a little." She laughed, somewhat embarrassedly. "I think Lovey and I eat enough Pecha berries between us to make my entire team immune to poisoning," she laughed, tucking her hair back. The conversation did remind her of something, or rather someone, though she refrained from letting it out of its ball at the moment, realizing they would likely be traveling quickly to reach their next destination. "I did nurse a Togepi back to health, with a little help from a pokemon center the next day."

The blush on his cheeks made her smile again, and made her all the more willing to play along, even if he was younger than she. There was no harm in it, especially if he was so hersed in flattery himself. His compliments and apparent acceptance of her 'offer' made her grin, and she stepped closer toward his opened gesture, then looked to Jeeves, tensing a little in anticipation. "Well, like I said, I might have to stay a few extra days. But yes, dinner!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:48 am
"Busy? Even if I was, what could possibly be more important than spending time with such a beauty?!" Lin proclaimed and then grinned. "Pecha berries are a divine treat as much as a medicine, so I can find no surprise that you, my lady, would be so fond of them, and there, you see! Nursing a Togepi back to health! Clearly you truly do have healing hands and a loving nature to match your radiance!" He praised, then nodded, smiling as she mentioned, again, staying a few extra days.
"Hold on tight!" He called, right before the Snivy, after shooting off up toward the anchor branch himself, hoisted the pair into the air, laying out a fair bit of the city beneath them, yet still with some above, guiding them, with practiced moves, between the smaller branches that otherwise might have threatened to be obstacles.
Suddenly, the Snivy changed course, and before they were ever near setting down, the pair would be made to follow along, swinging from one big tree, past another, and finally toward a destination of a walkway a little further inside the tree-top city, where a, mostly open air, restaurant- 'Caterpie's Choice'- sat atop a wooden decking just off from it, against, and wrapped around, a supporting tree-trunk.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:34 pm
His flattery was received with grace, and a teasing line of her own came to mind, but was quickly silenced with a gasp, then laughter as the Snivy pulled them upward, causing her to wrap her arms more securely around her guide. The ride was thrilling, this time, though she did close her eyes a few times as the pokemon tugged them in different directions, forcing herself to get used to the strange sensation of being pulled along, and having to put her trust in something she couldn't control at all....which was terrifying.

Nevertheless, the young woman was giggling by the time the Snivy deemed it time to set them down on stable ground again, and she stumbled back a little as she let go of Lin, then straightened and tucked her hair back as she tried to tame it-- the wind during their ride certainly had done a number on it, she thought. "That was fun!" she grinned, before looking to where they had stopped. "Caterpie's Choice?" The name itself was adorable, and where it stood in the city--or hung, rather-- was beautiful...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 pm
Lin was, of course, rather used to zipping about and trusting his partner to get him to where he wanted to go, but he could certainly enjoy the thrill of others still and it did make the ride even more enjoyable than he found it usually anyway.

The Snivy was always glad when he got to set people back down... It was an effort to use attacks for that purpose and focus on carrying people along a safe path like some kind of living grappling hook.
Jeeve's 'let go' of any anchoring branch and unwrapped from the pair of them, choosing to land softly upon Lin's shoulder, receiving (with good nature, if stiff posture) a discrete fist/leaf bump from his trainer. That had gone very well.

"I'm very glad! And now you can say you've been airborne; a beauteous Dove, ascending through the forest!" He smirked, bowed slightly and then nodded.
"It's probably not quite as fancy as a refined lady like yourself might be used to, but I can assure you that this establishment has rather high standards, particularly when it comes to staff, and the food is excellent!" He grinned; he 'knew' this, because the place had 'fired' him once... Luckily he hadn't even been a serving boy; simply pretending in order to steal some food. He very much doubted they'd remember him anyway.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:09 am
Dove smiled at both trainer and Snivy. "I guess so, huh?" she laughed, shaking her head a little, but fond of his bow. "And this looks wonderful!" she added, pulling, this time, two pokeballs from her pocket and releasing Lovey and Tobikuma onto the ground next to her.

Lovey blinked, quickly took in her surroundings, then looked up to her trainer curiously, before offering a bark of hello to Lin and Jeeves again. <> she asked, clearly feeling much better.

Tobi blinked as well, then started over toward the edge curiously, before his trainer scooped him up in all haste to keep him from running off. The togepi didn't seem to mind at all, however, and let out a happy squeal, before snuggling into the girl's arms, excited to be let out of his ball and carried in her arms instead.

Dove laughed softly at its antics, then kissed its spiky little head, before looking to the two in front of her once more. "Shall we? Like I said, it's my treat," she reminded him, as if she refused otherwise.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:56 pm
<< Miss Dove thought it prudent for you to ride inside your pokéball for the duration of the ride. I am afraid we went much higher than the last time so I do not think you will be too upset regarding missing it?>> The Snivy inquired of, and informed, the Eevee. He gave the Togepi a skeptical look; children were not his favourite thing.

"Oh! A Togepi! Exotic, but hardly a surprising companion for a kind hearted soul." Lin smile, apparently praising both Tobi and Dove at the same time there.
As she mentioned it being her treat, there may have been some relief- broke as he was- but he nodded and near bounded to pull out a chair from a nearby table before a staff member could come and steal the moment.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:57 pm
Lovey's ears swiveled as the Snivey spoke to her, and she nodded, sighing softly in relief that she hadn't been forced to travel that way once more. <> she laughed, apologetically, << and I'm afraid I'm not at all upset. Where are we now?>>

Dove beamed as Lin appraised Tobi and offered such a positive judgement, giggling as the baby pokemon peeped happily at his comment. Before she could speak, however, and thank him, again, he had dashed toward a table and pulled a chair for her, which she moved to accept, with a bright smile.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff