Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:32 am
Her surprise gave him pause, and he blinked once or twice before he asked, "Do you understand why I ask such a thing?" If not, he wouldn't mind explaining it to her.

"Ah, I see," he replied with a short nod. Yep, a small one, as he'd suspected. It made sense, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:44 pm
She tilted her head a little, almost offended that he would ask such a thing. Of course she understood why he was asking her to be casual and report it. It wouldn't do any good to let them continue their sales, but "What will happen to the legendaries they sell? I mean, if I hadn't taken on Trill...Who knows where it might have ended up? The league wouldn't... destroy them, would they?" They certainly couldn't release them back into the wild... it was already strange enough that there were more legendaries in existance than there should have been. But what would the alternative be? "i'm not even sure how they're made, or if they're commonly sold or not... I haven't seen or heard anything about people selling them since I got this one..."

She nodded back. "It's wonderfully sweet... You could meet it...if you'd like," she offered, again, somewhat nervous.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:18 pm
When she didn't really respond to his question, he didn't pursue it, assuming that she did understand and didn't need an explanation. The first part of her question was a valid concern, one he had every intention of addressing, but the end caught him so off-guard he nearly choked on his food in his surprise. When he looked up at her, it was with lingering shock and possibly even a hint of disgust at the idea. "I have to wonder how much you know about the Pokemon League," he began in serious tones, "if you're asking if we would destroy Pokemon. I know you didn't attend the panel, but in it we said that wherever they came from, whatever their origins, they are living, breathing, sentient pokemon. The Pokemon League was founded to aid and protect trainers and pokemon, owned or wild, and these legendaries being sold are no different. Destroying them will not and never be even considered an option." He had to wonder why anyone would think the League would ever consider such a thing, or be concerned enough to ask if such a thing would happen - the only conclusion he could draw was that the curious party knew little or nothing of the Pokemon League itself. But there, Kodo hadn't had a League until the past year or two, so he couldn't really expect all of its inhabitants to know about the League, their ideals, and their morals.

Passing on from such a serious topic, he nodded his head thoughtfully. "I'm glad that you haven't seen anymore since then, as that could mean less are being sold," though truthfully it could just as easily mean they've been selling them in other locations instead. The prospect of meeting one was met with a little surprise and similarly little thought, and he smiled as he nodded, "If you wouldn't mind showing it to me, I'd love to see it."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:47 pm
She listened as he continued, glad for his decision not to explain, but frowning as he admitted he didn't know whether she had attended the panel, when she had already told him she hadn't. Already, she had decided not to train within the league's guidelines, and while Alder seemed like someone with good intent, she was slowly whining to wonder how much bias he held, being a part of the organization. News that she owned a mew, however, perhaps paired with his apparent surprise she would ask a thing could be a distraction, she supposed. His prior dismissal of the tragedy in Kanto certainly wasn't warming either.

Nonetheless, she took it in stride, and nodded, a little relief flickering across her face. "So it won't be taken from me?" She wouldn't allow it if they tried.

Or less people are willing to pay so much... Or they're just smarter about it. she mused silently, in response to his relief. His willingness to meet Trill was given a nod, and a small smile, as she tucked the ball back into her belt "Whenever you'd like, though I don't think letting it lose in a public cafe would be wise at all."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:06 pm
Again she asked a question that, if she knew anything about the League, she wouldn't even need to ask, and so it became very clear to him that she in fact knew hardly anything of the organization she had joined. It really was a pity, all things considered. "The League doesn't take pokemon away from their trainers," he replied patiently in the hopes she'd understand. He wasn't sure why she didn't even respond to his words about her previous question - perhaps she was embarrassed? - but regardless, he placed his utensils on his now empty plate, having finished during the conversation, and accepted his check when the waitress returned with it. He paid for both orders and handed it back to the woman before turning to Dove again with an encouraging smile, "You should look online or go to the library and look more into the Pokemon League. I'm sure a lot of your questions about its stance and feelings on pokemon would be found there."

That said, he moved to stand in a silent agreement with her statement that a Mew would be best to not release in such a public place, so he turned to her once he stood and asked, "If you have the time now, I'd love to see it, though I admit I'm still not very familiar with Kodo's geography and its cities. Do you know of a more private area?" Surely she did, if she brought it out. Obviously if she had it on her in public, she would let it out sometimes, though he had no idea where given he'd only been there under a week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:27 pm
Hmm... She shook her head a little as if to clear it, suddenly bombarded by thoughts. It was good that they wouldn't take pokemon away from their owners--and for that she was extremely grateful-- but what did that mean for those who couldn't actually handle them properly? While she was perfectly capable of handling the legendary she had stumbled upon, what if there were others out there with the ideas to control them for means of their own? Team Rocket, if they weren't the ones selling the copies, likely had their own access, and let loose with that sort of power... What were the lines? Was the league's indecision and 'kindness' to be that easily mistaken for weakness? Her choice to join was made only to legalize her ability to carry a team... her training probably stood a little against their guidelines, and aside from her initial taking to it and hope that it would be a strong ally, the league at this point actually meant very little to her. Perhaps it was her own fear of where she now resided, or just a general sense of mistrust... but as it stood, it seemed the league was a little softer than she had imagined. For now.

When he paid for both of their orders, she shook her head, then politely resigned to accept his offer, thanking him with a small smile. Well... Alder seemed nice enough, and at least the league was here in Kodo now. And they weren't taking Trill from her. His suggestion was met with a nod and another small smile. Feelings... While she certainly wasn't one to say feelings meant nothing, she wasn't sure how long a large organization like that could stand without some sort of firm hand. His assumption, if he were to voice it, would certainly be correct, but for now, she wasn't sure it would do any good to further involve herself with them until it became clear they were there to be more than just a resource.

When he stood, she followed suit, hissing a little at the strain in her legs-- she hadn't bothered to stretch properly, as she had only expected to stop for a few moments for her drink after her run. With an embarrassed grin, she shook it off, then turned to Alder again. "There's a meadow we found, where I let my team train... not many trainers go there, because it's out of the way." She hadn't seen any in her time training, but that was also likely because she trained at such odd times in the day.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:41 pm
"That sounds perfect," he replied with a smile and a nod. Quiet, out of the way, and probably about as private as you could get in a public space. With the meal and the bill taken care of, Alder folded his hands behind his back as he headed to the door, then opened it for Dove to walk through first. "Where is this meadow? Is it in the city, or outside?" Perhaps a meadow within the park he'd seen, or maybe it was a ways outside the city? Either way was fine with him.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:57 pm
"Just outside the city," she told him, looking to Lovey to follow. The eevee padded after them, slipping out the door after her trainer, who offered a quick thank you to the elite before makin her way up the sidewalk, toward their destination.

After a fairly decent walk toward the mountains, slipping through the trees at their base, the girl I directed the small group toward a thickening area, then out into a small, secluded area where the trees broke away, leaving a space perfect for training a team.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 pm
He nodded in acknowledgement of her response, then followed her quite amiably as they made their way through the city and towards the mountains. He wouldn't have thought to come here, and when they arrived, his thoughts on the potential uses for the space were quite different from hers. Still, he nodded at it as he scanned the small clearing. "It's a lovely, quaint little area," he mused aloud. Perfect for a picnic. His purple gaze shifted to Dove as he turned to face her again, somewhat expectantly - she had brought him out here to show him her Mew, after all - though couldn't help but ask, "Do you normally train alone, or with others?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:38 pm
She looked back to him, her hand already moving to her belt to draw out the masterball again. "It's... Relaxing, when not used for training," she told him, in response to his quick appraisal. "I bring my team here sometimes just to get away from everything..." Her gaze dropped to the masterball for a moment, thoughtfully, then back to him at his question. "I... Generally train alone...I've only ever run into one person out here, because she heard us training, and when i do train with others, I go to the fields..." Though, of course, those trips to seek out others were becoming more and more scarce... She hadnt really attempted to find others at all, recently, though she wouldn't readily admit it to someone from the league.

That said, she lifted the ball a little higher, and pressed the release, speaking as a small glowing light flowed from it. "It's okay Trill... You get to meet someone new today..."

Materializing, the little Pokemon looped up into the air, then rushed to her, circling her a few times with cries of pure, innocent joy before bringing itself to a halt just in front of her, large, curiously blinking blue eyes on the man. Dove couldn't help a soft smile.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:04 am
Another nod to her words, though a soft frown alighted his face at her brief clarification of her training. They didn't come there to talk about training, however, and this thought made him refrain from commenting or asking further questions. Instead, he turned his full attention to the masterball and the small pokemon that emerged from the resulting flash of white light. When the little legendary appeared, the champion spent a few quiet moments just observing the pokemon as it hovered around and circled its trainer. When it paused to look at him, he offered it a warm smile, and extended his hand a little, palm up to show he meant it no harm. "Hello there, Trill," he greeted it amiably as he watched it, intrigued. "You seem like a very curious pokemon."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:15 am
Dove stepped back, watching the little 'mon carefully and offered it an assuring nod when it looked to her after Alder had extended his hand.

With it's trainer's permission and encouragement, the legendary moved forward, and proceeded to circle the man as it had its master, pausing a moment before poking its head into the large, billowing sleeve before it, its tail flicking a few times before it all but dove into the man's poncho altogether.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:36 pm
As the Mew circled him, he remained motionless, the warm smile still present on his face - though it morphed into a mildly surprised expression when the legendary was suddenly under his poncho. The fabric was light, and it shifted easily and lifted wherever the Mew decided to move, and revealed a black tshirt underneath that wasn't visible otherwise. An amused noise escaped him as he looked down at the creature. "You're still learning, aren't you?" He mused aloud, his tones soft and gentle, though he remained very curious. "Have you been with your trainer long?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:24 pm
The mew continued to tumble around in his poncho, emitting happily amused squeals of joy until it poked its head through the opposite sleeve and peered up at him, tipping its head at the man's question. It nodded, surprisingly, then zipped back to Dove, circling her again before turning upside down before the elite, its tail flicking curiously above it as its eyes alighted to the mass of red hair atop the man's head.

Dove smiled, and pushed her hair from her face. "Just a few months... and its very curious. As you can see," she laughed.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:12 pm
As the Mew appeared from his other sleeve, the man gave it a smile and a light laugh before it nodded. Alder didn't seem the least bit surprised by its response - in fact, he had been expecting one - and nodded in return to it as it floated around its trainer, an amused smile on his face. "Yes, it seems extremely curious for its age," he affirmed with a nod, watching it curiously as it hovered upside-down. "It appears to be quite happy, too. Are you happy with your trainer, Trill?" He asked, shifting his focus to the Mew in question rather than Dove.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff