Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:49 pm
She smiled at his soft laugh, though another sweep of her eyes showed another small spark of concern. Voicing it, however, didn't seem to suit the moment, as she had already apologized--though, really, she couldn't apologize or thank him enough-- for getting them both in to trouble, and the topic seemed to be coming to a close for now.

She smiled at the Zoroark and watched as Abel petted her, accepting his explanation with ease. It made sense, she guessed. The frown across his face brought a slightly questioning look to her own again, but she had little time to ask about it, before she was called away to collect her eevee, and thus, it went unasked.

Lovey sighed a soft 'eeeee....' in agreement with the man's comment. No, it had not been very comfortable, and she clearly wished to escape it by burying herself into Dove's shirt as best she could, even if her ruff was getting puffy.

Dove stroked the eevee's tail as she burrowed again, and watched her a moment. "I think she'll be better once she's home and asleep..." she smiled fondly, still clearly relieved. She looked to the door, almost hesitantly, then took a deep breath. "I should probably head that way again...Thank you, Abel. You really saved us back there," she said quietly for the beginning of her farewell, offering a small smile as she lifted her eyes to him again. Though uneasy about walking home after all of that, she didn't want to bother him any more than she already had, though, she realized, there was probably more than enough evidence to prove she was hesitant about going alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 pm
Abel watched with some amusement as the Eevee didn't appear to want to do anything except burrow and sleep, and he nodded his head in agreement, "Yeah, seems like it." His gaze raised to hers at her words, his eyebrows lifting slightly as well, and he offered a shrug and an easy smile. "Don't worry about it; that's what I'm here for. But," he paused with another frown, considering the dangers that they had only recently escaped from, "you probably shouldn't go back by yourself. Want me to walk you there?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:08 pm
She sighed, having know deep down he would offer. That's just the kind of guy Abel was turning out to be.

Not that it was a bad thing.

She looked again to the door, then to Sparky and up at the man again, ready to politely decline, though, "That puts you so far from home, though, doesn't it?" He had mentioned finding an apartment downtown, and she could only assume that meant somewhere nearby. "And really, you've already launched yourself into trouble for me once tonight..."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:54 pm
When she sighed, he tilted his head lightly and aimed a questioning glance at her. "Walking isn't trouble," he dismissed with a light shake of his head, though he frowned a bit and raised a hand to rub thoughtfully at the side of his neck, "but, yeah, it would." A thoughtful hum took precedence for a few moments before he smiled down at her, "But my place isn't too far. We could walk there and get my car, and I could drive you instead. It'd be a lot faster."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:40 pm
She paused another moment, then nodded to him, drawing Sparky's ball from its chain to call him back. That done, she offered a slightly shy smile. "That could work, if you'd like to. I would feel better knowing you'd be headed back in a car...."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:28 pm
At her nod, he nodded as well and smiled a little brighter. "Alright then. It'd make things a lot quicker, for sure. My place isn't too far from here," he added as he gave a wave of thanks to the nurses attending the front counter before departing the pokemon center, then turned and began to head down the street. Sonia moved off the furniture and followed, easily keeping pace with her owner. Abel aimed a curious side-glance and a smile at Dove, "So what've you been up to lately? I haven't seen you in a while."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:58 pm
It would make things quicker... that was reassuring, she thought, somewhat sarcastically. Nevertheless, she smiled back and waved as well to the nurses, then followed him out, shifting her hold on Lovey as they walked. His glance was met with one of her own, from under her eye lashes, before she looked down to her feet with a small shrug. "Oh, you know... Just...being a good girl and staying busy, I guess." She frowned a little at her words, but her smile returned as her head lifted again. "What about you? Tell me you haven't become a workaholic..." she grinned, her voice picking up a lighthearted, teasing tone.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:41 am
"Being a good girl, huh?" He echoed with a curious, wry grin, then chuckled lightly as he nodded, "That's good. I have been too, and no, I'm not," he answered with a slight shake of his head. "Or not on purpose, anyway. I can't help it if they schedule me for more hours than usual." He shrugged, then smiled down at her as they walked along, "Not that I mind. It means more money, which directly translates into more food and more furniture for my apartment." And gas, insurance, rent, ammunition, clothes, and various other things, none of which he felt like listing.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:55 pm
His grin was returned with a look from the corner of her eye that flicked down to his feet before traveling slowly upward once more. "Mm, I'm having a hard time believing you've been a good girl," she teased, playing off his words though she knew exactly what he meant. Staying busy was nice, but she was also glad he claimed not to be a workaholic. A slight shrug. "Food and furniture are good. Are you liking your new place, then?" He had seemed to be settling in well in Kodo. That much was good, at least.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:00 am
For a moment, his bewilderment showed plainly on the face he turned down to her before it split with a wide grin as he laughed. "You know what I meant," he countered, still obviously amused by her teasing, though endeavored to look very thoughtful, "but I don't know that I can really counter that with anything because you already know better." Mm.... Nope, he couldn't think of anything at all. Oh well.

A smile returned to his face as he stuck his thumbs in his pockets. "Yep," he said, his smile widening a bit, "it's great so far - just still kind of empty, thus the need for more furniture." On that train of thought, he probably could use more appliances and utensils too... "I would've brought all the furniture I had in Unova, but transporting it was way too expensive." He shrugged, a silent 'oh well' in the gesture, before he turned a curious smile down at the brunette. "I didn't know you had an Arcanine, though."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:17 pm
She cut her eyes up to him, and laughed, though she tried to bite back a very pleased smile. She was getting better at this, and instead of furthering it, she let her miniature triumph hang between them.

She continued to smile as he talked, then nodded, a look of understanding flitting across her face. "Yes, shipping that kind of thing is really not worth it. And mom and dad still use my loft sometimes in Unova, I think, so really, having it all brought over just...wouldn't make sense."

His comment about her pokemon made her smile, this time, almost like a proud child. "Aurora's new. I caught her on the way to Sandalwood not too long ago, after she nearly took out my entire team," she told him, looking down to check on Lovey, who appeared to be fast asleep. "I probably would have run after she took down my Rapidash, but I think she's a natural shiny...and there's no way I would have passed that up. And she's huge." She walked a few more steps alongside him in quiet, before looking over. "When did you get Sonia?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:26 am
Hearing her agreement that shipping furniture wasn't worth it gave him a little validation in at least some of his life choices, and he nodded with a light hum as he listened to her words. "Oh, you kept your old place? I was just staying in an apartment, so I just sold everything and left. I'm sure someone else is staying there now," he added with a shrug. It didn't seem to bother him in the slightest.

Seeing how pleased she was over her new pokemon made him grin and chuckle, and he nodded a bit. "That sounds awesome, and from what I know, legit shinies are wicked rare. And yeah," he agreed with a laugh, "Arcanine tend to be enormous beasts of pokemon. We had a couple, back when I was a kid. My family lives on a ranch," the blonde explained, and raised a hand palm-up in a vague gesture, "though we mostly had Growlithes and Poochyena for herding, though some of them we evolved to help out with other things. They were more farm pokemon than companion pokemon, though." Her question about Sonia made him tilt his head back a bit, a long, thoughtful hum escaping him as he considered the query. "Well, I got her not long after I moved to Unova, and she was just a Zorua when I got her, though she evolved pretty quick. I'd have to say.. Maybe about three and a half years now," he finished finally, lowering his gaze back to her with a smile. "Apart from her, I just have Isaac, and I've had him since we were both babies. What about you and your other pokemon?" He'd preemptively answered the question he assumed she'd ask next, and then followed up with one on that same train of thought - it appeared they were speaking of pokemon anyway, and while he didn't train and wasn't into the sport, he did still enjoy talking of them given his upbringing.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 pm
She shrugged a little, still careful to keep Lovey comfortable, and looked up to him with a somewhat apologetic smile. It was actually kind of embarrassing to tell someone that she had two homes... "Like I said, my parents still use it when they travel, so I guess really they're the ones who own it now," she explained, perhaps feeling a little more attached to it than she should have been.

His amusement drew a slightly more curious look from her, but she shook it off quickly, clearly still pleased. "I'm not really sure how to go about finding out if she's really shiny... There was an appraiser at home that used to tell people if they had fake ones or not, but I'm not sure about here. She does kind of glimmer in light, though," she laughed.

She listened closely as he offered a bit more insight into his life, and nodded, a small grin replacing her casual smile when he hummed. A ranch... how endearing. "That sounds wonderful..." She was surprised, however, to find that he had had Sonia long before they had met. "Oh! Well, that's good. Do they get along well? Sonia and Isaac, I mean. That's a decent amount of time to get to know each other, I'd think..." His returning her question made her pause a moment, and she immediately looked to the eevee she carried, a more gentle and warm smile now set into her features. "I've had Lovey ever since I can remember...It's no fun to think about the times before then," she laughed softly, though it was clear in her tone that she meant it. "I think I found her when I was ten or eleven? Maybe younger. I actually hid her in my room for a few days before the maids found her and told my parents. I finally convinced them to let me keep her, since I had already named her and everything. I got Sparky when we moved the first time, per request of my parents and bet-- ex." The smile faded a little, but returned a little ways later. "I wasn't the one to train him, since they bought him for me for security purposes, but I got to raise him from a Cyndaquil. Believe it or not, he actually used to be pretty cute." A long pause, as she seemed to be sorting through memories, and chose not to elaborate any more about her first two. "Thierry, my ponyta, now rapidash, I caught here. He was the first pokemon I ever actually caught." Then there was Trill, though she couldn't tell him about it with a clear conscious. "I've got a togepi named Tobikuma that...pretty much caught me." A soft giggle. "And now I've got Aurora. So... The family has grown pretty quickly in the last few months." Sadly, only three were fighters thus far. Not that that had to be mentioned.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff