Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:00 pm
Luke couldn't help a laugh at her straightforward response. "It kind of is," he agreed, though he could only think as much because he had been in Kodo for so long. It was always strange going back to Grande Ile and seeing streets nearly devoid of pokemon except for the occasional Growlithe or Rapidash accompanying members of the military.

Mieu, evaluating their company as harmless, took a seat beside his trainer with a straight, proud posture as Luke nodded his reply, "Yeah, he was a gift when I was really young. Eevee are pretty popular as companions for kids."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:08 pm
"Cuz they're /awesome!/" Henrietta nodded firmly, as she approached Mieu. "Can I pet him? How did he turn into a Flareon? Man, he's really cool looking!"

Gummy greeted the Flareon by opening and closing his mouth without making a sound, or looking at the other pokémon.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:52 pm
Luke turned to regard the Flareon inquisitively, "That all right with you?" He knew that Mieu had been far more distrustful of strangers since returning from Rocket captivity, but he'd been given no reason to suspect Henrietta. Mieu seemed to understand this well enough and stood again, approaching Henrietta with a positive "faa."

"Younger me would be happy to hear you say that," he said, half laughing. "I evolved him into a Flareon because I thought Eevee were too cutesy-looking and wanted him to be cooler. Kind of a silly reason, but it matched him pretty well, I think."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:58 pm
Hen' reached her hand out, gently but eagerly, as the Flareon approached, and moved to tease at the fire-y fur between the pokémon's ears.
"Neat! He's warm! It's nice to meet you, Mieu; thanks for letting me pet you!"

The girl grinned as Luke explained his reasoning.
"Eevees are totally cute, but they can look awesome as well! But Mieu /does/ look good! Flareon totally suits him! Did he like becoming a Flareon?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:30 pm
With the presence of Tartarus and Rem nearby, Mieu felt comfortable enough to relax a bit and enjoy the attention. He gave a response to indicate his own thanks in return.

"I think he did," Luke said, looking to the Flareon who gave an affirmative nod. "We didn't really leave home a whole lot, so I don't think he really knew what it was like to be a Flareon until we came to Kodo and learned how to battle."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:30 pm
Henrietta giggled, and then took in the team; it was an interesting one- powerful, she suspected, beyond her own two... Which only made her want to battle them.

"I bet he's /awesome/ in battle! I bet they all are! Right?" She enthused, grinning, while still reaching to pet the Flareon.
Predictably, her next words were: "We should totally battle!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:03 pm
"I think they're pretty awesome," he agreed, watching the girl and Flareon interact. "They've helped me out a lot of times." The request for a battle was unexpected - he wasn't sure why he hadn't seen it coming, as enthusiastic as she seemed to be about pokemon training and battling - but he didn't necessarily mind fulfilling it if that was what she really wanted; they had come out here to train, after all. "Sure, if you want to."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:12 pm
"Yeah! Totally! I only got Gummy and Winglet, but I wanna face your whole team! They can totally take them on! C'mon Gummy!" She called the Totodile to come and take up a ready position; ready to battle.

All the Totodile did was toddle four steps forward and then stand there, looking blank, just ahead of Henrietta.
Ready to battle, apparently.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:15 pm
"All right, if that's the way you want it." He gestured to the pokemon already out to take up a position a short distance away, organizing room for a proper battlefield. If she wanted to go all-out, he wasn't going to belittle her fighting spirit by going on easy on her, so he called to his Jolteon, "Rem, take point."

The electric-type in question looked startled, almost offended. But that thing was scary. That wasn't a normal pokemon! It was some kind of… something. Something strange.

In response to her indecision, her trainer regarded her quizzically, pressuring her to grudgingly take up a position for battle opposite Gummy, her ears down and her posture apprehensive.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:51 pm
Gummy regarded the space above Rem's head, then blinked his lop-sided blink.
When the first attack was requested, there was barely any unnecessary movement at all from the reptile; he simply opened his mouth and, despite facing an electric type, poured forth the Water Gun that Henrietta had requested.

It was possible that, perhaps, for a moment, she'd forgotten just what she was facing... Or perhaps she was, short-sighted-ly relying upon an attack that Gummy was 'good' at, despite the type disadvantage.

"Yeah! All right, Gummy, let's start off with Water Gun!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items