Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
I got a cortisone shot last week... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 pm
That was hard when my parents split when I was sixteen. All my friends were suddenly in different cities because Mom moved us all to escape my Dad. I did all that walking because I had no friends where we moved, and it was the only way I got to have a social life. Your new town sounds smaller than the one I lived in as a child. Once it got bigger you could walk across it in half an hour, forty five minutes if you really took your time. This isn't counting all the unincorporated farmland, of course, but the town proper was quite small.

My crafting is has taken a backseat to my writing now, lol. I use knitting as my reward for getting my pages for the day done. I want to be a published author someday, so I figured I'd better get to work!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:41 am
This place isn't bad, it's just small.
The selection in the grocery stores is limited, but ok for me, however, if I want the kind of food my cats prefer, I have to drive 45 min to an hour to a bigger town to find it. Not like it's expensive, or rare, or anything, it's Meow Mix indoor formula.
I think I'll ask the grocery store if they'd be willing to order the Indoor formula for me, so the kids will quit trying to bury their food. I know they'd eventually get used to whatever I give them, but it's causing me a lot of cleanup trying to find something they like that's sold here.
So far, I've tried 4 different brands, and each time, they act like I'm trying to poison them.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:19 pm
My cats aren't picky, but I think it's because they're both feral; there was a time they couldn't afford to be picky. Both are lovable housecats now though (though the girl Ocelot still doesn't like to be touched). I hope the store is willing to order your cats favorite food.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:44 am
Went to a store I hadn't checked for cat food before, and they had it! (I got the last bag.) The kids were so happy they tried to stand on each other to reach the bowl first while I was pouring it.
I have always left a bowl of dry food and a bowl of water down at all times for the cats, so they could eat when they were hungry. It works out well - they don't over eat, but munch a little bit off & on throughout the day.
As a special treat, I do give them a can of cat food (or tuna - which they love!) once in a while, but only about once every 2 weeks or so.

We were adopted by a feral cat many years ago - at first, she would eat until she couldn't hold more, as she had been too hungry for too long. It took her months before she understood that food was always going to be available, and she didn't have to eat all of it all at once or not have any.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Glad you found someone who sells it! We had that problem with our male, Albedo. It took him awhile to learn that the food would always be there. He used to eat a crazy about of food as a kitten though. An entire bowl of food would be gone in a day. It was amazing. My husband and I do the same thing, though our gets wet food when we put them in the bedroom a few times a week. We put them in the bedroom when we leave so they don't run out when we come back. Albedo I know would come back, and the one time Ocelot got out she did return, but it's not like we can easily handle her. Plus I worry about something happening to them while out there.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:10 pm
I understand that! Since I moved, my oldest cat did get out once. I was trying to bring groceries in, and she slipped out between my feet. Ran around to the back of the house before I could do anything stop her, I had my hands & arms full, so couldn't chase after her immediately. Also, I didn't want to scare her into running into either street (I live on the corner).
Dropped the groceries just inside the door, turned around, and there she was! She'd gone completely around the house, and come back to the front door. She came right in and started furiously washing herself. Apparently that nasty 'outside' got all over her, and she was very unhappy!

She hasn't tried to get out since.
(I think she may have told the other two how nasty 'outside' is, because they've quit trying to get out too.)  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas