Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:23 pm
Sera nodded once as she moved to lean against the doorway idly, "I can help whenever you guys wanna go get stuff," she offered with a shrug, then added after a brief thought - an internal question - on whether Luke would go too or not, "or I can stay here. Either one's fine with me."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:42 pm
While adjusting to a new environment could be a very stressful experience as well as take a great deal of time, The house hold did everything it could to help Luke along with feeling comfortable, knowing that this was probably made that much more difficult seeing as he didn't have the use of his legs, and barely of his arms.

Rosie' Meganium, Hattie came in help with this, Rosie was by no mean's weak but she was fairly small, this having a larger pokemon with the means to help and support a human being, via vines.
The pokemon was a gentle, soft spoken grass type, definitely not one made for the ruggedness of battle, as her kind nature seemed to be one that would easily wilt in the face of confrontation.
Most of the time she kept to herself, tending to the young plants that were brought with her, seeing as there was not nearly a garden like the one that was at her uncles house.

One thing that visitors would notice very quickly about the Ewell's home, is that there was no shortage of music in this home. Be it a song hummed or sung either passionately or distractedly by Rosie or Rodney himself, the passive strumming from one of the stringed instruments from the upstairs, or from Rosie sitting herself at the bench of the digital piano set up in the living room, by the front window.
Today however, the music was coming from Rosie's Laptop, the young trainer sitting by one end of the couch, leaning her arm over the arm rest to keep her laptop from falling, With a board looking Pop leaning with her head and ears draped over the bend of Rosie's legs, her legs propped up over the back of the couch. Content enough to listen to the music that Rosie was playing. Kiss snoozing lightly over the head rest behind Rosie.

"Mmm, It looks like the agreements with Kalos region are going really well, they estate that travel routs will open for it in about a month." Rosie said past the music, perking up as she glanced over the news for the League forums. "A new League region, that is going to be exciting!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 pm
Feigning insincere emotions was not Luke's strength, but he made every effort to maintain an outward calm while around others at the expense of being almost violently discomposed when alone. Acclimating oneself to a new environment was one thing, but doing so while simultaneously confronting a near total loss of independence was frustrating, to speak mildly. The ongoing presence of music at any given time went a long way towards Luke keeping his sanity, though the inherent nostalgia afforded by the digital piano - from the inexplicably familiar layout of the white and black keys to the pleasant tone they produced - was haunting, and the attention he would give the instrument when it was in use was almost wistful in nature.

News of Kalos felt like something that would have been more exciting had he any feasible hope of visiting the unfamiliar region, but he gave it a polite level of interest nonetheless. "It should be interesting, huh?" he replied lamely. "I remember they had some information at the convention about pokemon and stuff."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:33 pm
Sera, from her spot on the couch, had little interest in the other region. Or rather, she would have had a great deal of interest a year ago, but after everything that happened and what she thought of herself - mainly her appearance - now, she could only bring herself to hold a passing interest. "Yeah, interesting," she agreed a little absently, her attention elsewhere. Her cheek rested lightly on the shortened end of her arm, the elbow of which in turn rested on the arm of the couch as she held up a magazine with her hand, her pale eyes focused on that rather than the conversation. She lowered it though to glance over at Rosie, feeling as though she was expected to contribute more, and so asked, "What kinda pokemon d'you think they have over there?" Similar to theirs, maybe, but possibly some from the other regions that they didn't have in Kodo. What sort of dark and ghost types did they have...  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:35 pm
"Yup~" Rosie confirmed, "They've got a few of their bios up in the forums, they're amazing. I've never seen them before." She turned the computer to show her friends. "This also means we're going to be sharing new information with the other region. I hear that all the Pokemon professors are really excited about the study information Kalos has."

New information about pokemon was always exciting, and this new type was extremely cute, She couldn't wait to hear more about them.
It was at least some uplifting news, compared to all the news about Rocket and the day they had asked for volunteers, something that had taken up most of the discussion on the Forums lately. Rosie couldn't really sit there and read it much anymore, not right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:24 am
Luke looked over the screen that Rosie turned, looking over the various visible photographs and information. "The last region Kodo opened port to was Unova, right?" he said, thinking back. As far as he was aware, the connection between Kodo and Unova had already been forged by the time he had arrived on the island, and the pokemon that he had since learned were native to the faraway region had already nearly become commonplace. "What was that like?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm
Since none of the shown pokemon interested her, and she hadn't been too interested in Unova when she first heard about it due to their strange tastes for high fashion, the brunette merely shrugged in response to both and returned her gaze to her magazine. "I can't remember if it was Unova or Grande Ile," the girl admitted absently, then amended, "probably Unova."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:15 pm
"Mmhum." Rosie hummed gleefully with a nod of her head "Gosh that was... We were still in school when we heard the news about Unova." the blond concluded, looking over at Seraphine.
"I remember it being a big deal in the classes I took, since it was a pokemon class. We spent the way learning about the native species of that Region." She smiled at the memory
"I've never been there though, and outside of school I don't really think it had too much of an impact here in Kodo, That was far before the League showed too much of an interest in this island, so traveling trainers were not too common."

propping her chip on her hand she placed a curious expression on her face "That makes me wonder how different it will be with Kalos. Do you think we'll start seeing trainers from there?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:50 pm
"Probably," he guessed, taking a moment of pause to prepare his body to endure a light cough - the stale air of the hospital had left him with various cold-like symptoms that were slightly more of an inconvenience than usual. "People came from Grande Ile when the ports opened, right? I guess they aren't trainers, though…" Surely inhabitants of other League regions knew by now of Kodo and its relationship with Team Rocket. What that meant for their willingness to come to the island, however, stood to be determined.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:51 pm
Rosie glanced over to Luke when she heard the cough, though it was nothing new, he had been coughing for the last couple of days, and it had been addressed as probably a cold, or climate change.
Just what he needed, a cold.

"Yeah, I heard of a few people that came from Grant Ile, you were the first one I met though, I think that was close to when the ports from Grand Ile opened" She noted with a light grin, nodding in agreement to his conclusion that Grand Ile visitors were not trainers.
"I think it was more of an opportunity to see the island, right?" she asked Luke "Mm don't I remember you saying you ended up coming here on chance?"

She looked to the pokemon sprawled around the room, lowering her head onto her arm.
"I hope we get to see trainers from Kalos."
That raised its own concerns of course. With the recent activity from Rocket and from the Forums, who knows how many would actually want to risk coming here. not when so many trainers were already packing up and leaving for safer regions.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:24 pm
A small nod in confirmation, "Pretty much, yeah. I just wanted to get away from home, so I didn't check anything about the boat's destination before boarding." A one way ticket to anywhere, though that was a day he preferred not to think about too critically; he still wasn't sure if he ultimately approved or not of his decision to come.

"I'm sure some will turn up," he hazarded, basing that evaluation on absolutely nothing. "Curiosity, right?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:00 pm
She couldn't imagine very many people came to Kodo that reason.
a light smile on her face, but no comment, It made her wonder sometimes, how things might have been different if he had not chosen Kodo randomly like that.
They would have never met... he would be able to walk.

Blue eyes turning away from Luke, to the computer screen instead as she clicked the tabs closed and set her laptop onto the seat between Pop and Seraphine.

"Yeah." She agreed cheerfully. If nothing else it would be nice to just learn what Kalos was like.
"Well, if nothing else, I'm really curious."
stretching her arms now that they were freed, Rosie attempted to pull her legs out from under Pop.

"Lop-" Sitting up a little, her chin tilting back as she looked over at her standing Trainer.
"I'll guess I'll go get some dinner started." hand placed on her hips and she looked around at her friends "Any requests?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:25 pm
There were a lot of things on Luke's mind lately, but Kalos wasn't very high on the list. As things were, meeting trainers from the unfamiliar region or learning more about it and its pokemon held little prospect of excitement or anticipation.

His attention followed Rosie as she stood, clearing his throat as quietly as he could manage. He bit back the reflexive offer to help that came to his lips at her question, knowing that he would be little more than a hindrance, and his gaze fell aside. "Whatever's easy, I guess."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:36 pm
Seraphine had little to say on any of the topics they discussed - Grande Ile or Kalos or anything else - though she didn't have much to say about dinner, either, so the brunette shrugged as she laid her magazine down over her knee and tilted her head up to look at Rosie. "Doesn't matter to me either," she offered. She had long since given up offering to help with some things - not that it had been a very prevalent habit to begin with, considering her attitude - that would obviously require two hands with which to help, so she similarly refrained from offering aid to their blonde friend.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm
Neither of them seemed to have a preference, not that it bothered the blond in the least.
humming thoughtfully she made her way past Luke to head into the Kitchen to see what she could do.

Pop, no longer comfortable handing upside down on the couch, kicked herself into a roll, where she landed with her paws on the floor.
Shooting a look from Sera to Luke, the Lopunny hopped on after Rosie. cleaning the couch in one bounce, then again to the kitchen, landing on the stools by the counter top.

Rosie was not in the kitchen with her pokemon for very long, setting up something to boil.
furrowing her brow as she registered that something didn't really seem right, busying her hands with putting her hair up.
"I don't know about you guys, but it's too quiet in here."

Pop agreed with a nod.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas