Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Cutters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what would you blame cutting on
  media
  other
View Results

Zellian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:13 am
I for one... think it's just problems that everyone has to deal with, it's just some people deal with their problems in different ways. Like some people think well since I've got problems at home or my parents don't notice me blah blah blah I'll be a little s**t at school and get told off and have millions of detentions and get into fights ect.
I think some people just take cutting as an excuse to make everything go away... or as my counciller said to make sure I'm 'still alive' or 'to have some distraction from the self hate, emotional pain ect'
But I don't know... stare  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:25 pm
cutting...yes i do it...but the media isnt to blame...its one of the only things i can control....everything else isnt controlable for me...i can control this pain  

EMOkidSICKillNASTY

La Santisima Muerte

5,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:19 am
cutting helps me in many ways but it doesn't mean it's the right way to
solve things i've been trying to stop...but im addicted
and im sick of people labeling you just by how you cope alot of
people have different coping methods not all people cut their are
other forms of self mutilation.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:03 am
It's just the way our culture is. People are like, "I cut because I have problems. Look at all my cool cuts and dark make-up!"

FalseDiagnosis

broken_joker

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:41 am
I don't cut...I have a problem; my mum does but she doesn't know that I know  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:36 am
chinesechesnut
Passive Agressive People do.
I think Media is to blame, however.
I'd tell you why, but...you don't want to know.
And I don't think they would want you to.

Why? confused You have to tell me now. Please? I hate it when people say they know something then don't say it. Please tell me!!! sad  

massi22

A Skin Too Few

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:04 am
i cut because of stress,
not because of the media.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:36 pm
i can understand the media thing. lot's of kids i know think it's ''cool''. one girl was even showing off her arm to all of her friends!!!!! but that doesn't mean it's the same reason for everyone. some people are just under a lot of stress of they have a really low self esteem(like me....)  

im-a-scientist!!!

xXdiamonds_cutXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:30 am
I am an ex-cutter. But I started doing it before the emo craze came about. I haven't cut for almost two years (july). Around the time I was trying to quit, I noticed that more and more people were being seen with cuts on their arms, even showing them off. It's ridiculous. There are those who cut because of a mental illness, and then there are those who do it for fashion. They think it's cool to want to die. They think it's cool to hurt yourself just to show your friends. The real cutters, you will never be able to tell. The people that really do it to release emotions hide it, they don't galavant it around for the world to see.
Yes the media is partially to blame, but the rest of it is just the want to be like everyone else.

FYI, ITS NOT FUN TO HAVE MENTAL DISORDERS  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:04 pm
I blame my family.
And the fact that I'm fat twisted  

shamless_heart_beats

Madison[Mutiny]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:21 pm
i hate people who cut themselves then show everybody their arms like "OH MY GOSH, i'm so "emo" because i cut myself". yea right, your as emo as simple plan rolleyes . that makes you a ******** poser.

eh, cutting is just a way to deal with issues like drinking, burning, and drugs are, etc... people just tend to deal with issues different ways.

but i have to agree, the media over the last few years have hyped up cutting to an "emo" thing to do. gah i hate it. any one can be a cutter/into self mutilation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:16 pm
im in high school right going to become a senior next year... and i've been cutting myself since middle school.... but only a lil bit... i dont have razor's... in middle school i "played" w/ knives only twice... but in high school "played" w/ erasers and safety pins... just a few seconds ago i was "playing" around w/ my safety pin... i dont blame the media for it i blame the people around me who presses my buttons and stuff.... i wish i can stop but.... i guess this is how i deal w/ the people around me...  

X~xTheDevils_Rejectx~X

A Skin Too Few

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:06 pm
shamless_heart_beats
I blame my family.
And the fact that I'm fat twisted

stop it. cry
you're not fat.
you're pretty. heart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:43 pm
I used to cut, but I stopped because someone special got angry and sad and made me promise I won't do it again and i'm sticking to that promise, even though I feel this strong thing that makes me want to do it again  

Sakura Dark Wings

[[!Squee!.I.Can.Disco]]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:25 am
Mm. I was talking to a guy called Adam in my Math's class and he said to me 'You seen that girl, Leah? In my class? She is some wannabe emo. She doesn't even slit her wrists. She isn't emo'
I think most people stereotype emo's for just cutting.
It could be true, because nearly every 'emo' I know, used to cut or still does. Media is influential I suppose. But stress and all that other shiz is probably a main factor.

Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff