Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:26 pm
Tambrey was pleased, but tense; so that was the right ball- that meant they were almost done- but there was the matter of the Liepard.
She hadn't even realised that she'd tensed herself for action until she found herself moving automatically, reaching to pull Riley through the door and behind her, if she could, placing herself between her and the Liepard, while calling out an attack to Lasi.
"Confuse Ray!" She shouted, trying to duck away from the doorway- and oncoming dark type- herself.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:59 pm
As Tabitha pulled Riley from her place, the girl stumbled backward and fell, watching helplessly as the Liepard stalled its attack and moved its gaze toward the Golbat instead, and leapt forward with a Scratch, just beyond the door.
The other pokemon's confuse ray, however, hit it dead on, and the liepard whimpered, stumbling a little.

Scrambling to her feet, Riley pointed to the door as the other woman was just that much closer. "Quick, shut it inside! We just need time to get out!"

Just as she offered the suggestion, the sound of someone messing with the front door came through the room, over the soft whimpers of the confused dark type.

Shoot!  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:42 pm
Lasi looked ever so proud of himself, but couldn't help but pull and taunting face at the confused pokémon as, with a sharp, understanding, nod, Tambrey quickly pulled the door shut, following Riley's suggestion.
"Good plan!" She complimented, though as a hiss, her ears also picking up the noise.
Lasi was vanishing into a haze of red even as the grunt sprinted- with a 'come on' gesture gesture- toward the nearest window, hoping it was easy enough to open and slip through. As soon as she had her arm out, she'd press the button on another pokéball, calling Pygi into place not far away, or possibly below her...
She knew Pygi could take two people, too, though so suddenly would probably be a shock, if Riley happened to follow her.
She rather didn't want to get seen close enough by the people at the door to be identified though.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:47 pm
Riley nodded and immediately followed after the woman, but paused as the woman opened the window and released whatever it was out into the open air. "But that's--!"

In that instant, whoever had been at the door finally struggled enough to open it, stepping just inside enough to be seen by the two girls, but had yet to actually look their direction.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:04 pm
"An escape route!" Tambrey hissed, 'finishing' Riley's sentence and then simply... disappearing through the opening, sliding into the open space.
There was no sickening thud, or cry of pain, and should Riley have followed, or looked out after her, the girl would have seen an 'awkward' but 'safe' landing onto a Pidgeot who had appeared not far below the falling grunt.
Flying through tree-cover was going to be rather difficult and uncomfortable, but with such a residential area, it seemed like it wouldn't take too much trouble to find a quick way up into the open sky- after all, they'd seen people taking off on flying types from here just before breaking in.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:54 pm
When the woman jumped through the window, the girl had no choice but to follow her lead to it, gasping as she looked through, expecting to see nothingness. However, when she instead spotted Tabitha on the back of a Pidgeot-- at the same moment the two walking through the door saw her-- she let out a sigh of relief, then closed her eyes for a moment, said a quick prayer to anyone that would listen, and followed, hoping that the woman had intended for her to follow.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 pm
Luckily for Riley, Tambrey's initial plan had, indeed, been that she'd be following, and Pygi was still reachable as Riley jumped out, waiting for the the command to start flying where ever it was she'd been called out to take her trainer.

Tambrey had, in some unconscious mindset, very hastily cobbled together a 'plan B' if Riley hadn't followed, which had involved Neph causing chaos (she was still easier to trust than that terrifying electric thing) and a lot of string shot attacks...

It was a relief to see the girl come plummeting out of the window after her.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:36 pm
Immediately after choosing to jump from the window, the girl realized just how terrifying the choice had truly been.

She was used to jumping from great heights from her time climbing trees as a child, having to scurry from place to place quickly, but falling fast with nothing below her or even close...

She kept her arms open, hoping her aim toward the pidgeot was accurate, and doing her best not to scream.

The two that had reentered the house had yet to reappear.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:45 pm
Just in case Riley's aim wasn't 'perfect', Tambrey leaned to intercept the fall and 'pull' Riley into position as soon as she made it onto the bird pokémon.
Once they were both 'safely' on, Tambrey only, currently, had one command for Pygi; "Up, fast."

She'd apologize for the scary ride as soon as they were a little safer...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:49 pm
Riley had little time to think about about anything as she landed on the bird, aside from a quick thank you to whatever had saved her, before the command was given. Immediately, without thinking again, her arms wound around Tabitha's waist and she clung tightly, wrenching her eyes shut.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 pm
Tambrey was extremely thankful she'd spent time practicing such a maneuver, though, admittedly, this was the first time she'd ever properly tried to use it...
Flying upward through the tree cover was harrowing, but Pygi was fairly confident.
They would be challenged by a few branches and twigs, and Pygi would likely need her feathers attended to afterward, but it would be nothing serious.

The bird shot upward and eventually, would break the cover of the canopy... The open space would allow some scope for talk -or- for a speedy exit if they perceived that they were being pursued.

"So. Uh. Sorry about the ride but... Do you have a place I can drop you off?" It was probably best to get a destination set as soon as possible. She'd have to get back to Team Rocket before too long, otherwise she'd have to come up with some interesting excuses.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:59 pm
When they finally, finally leveled out, the girl was able to pry her eyes open and look around them, her arms still locked tight around Tabitha's waist. When asked for a place, the girl paused, "Oh, um..." Her home was on the outskirts, lower to the ground... "It's, um... It's okay... You can just take me wherever. I live further down...."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:08 pm
Tambrey chewed her lip thoughtfully for a moment. That was a bit awkward.
"Well... I don't really plan on staying in this city for much longer. As soon as your where you need to be, I'm, um... kinda gonna rush off. Need to get back."

She looked down, trying to pick out a place to land.
"Pygi's fast, so if you need to get home, I can take you close enough but," A thought struck her and she grinned a bit sheepishly "if the 'criminal' thing is a reservation, that's perfectly understandable."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:11 pm
Oh.

"Um, the southern end of the city... That's where I live. I-I don't mind if you want to take me back...I-I mean, that would be nice, even though you've already done so much..." she offered clumsily, her cheeks pinking. It would be quite a walk from here, but she needn't bother this woman any more than she already had. The 'criminal' thing certainly was a reservation, but Tabitha had already proved to be something of an exception to the rule, in most cases, or so she could see.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:50 pm
"I'll take you down there, then." The grunt let her passenger know, with a smile, than elaborated. "I could set us down here but we're close enough that those people might catch up if they're on flying types or such, so if I take you somewhere you know, and further away from, aheh, 'the scene of the crime', it'll just work out safer as well as being convenient. I'm reasonably confident that Pygi's far enough ahead that we'll be able to keep out of their notice now..."

And with a few swift movements, the Pidgeot turned as Tambrey guided her toward the southern extreme of the tree-city.
It would only take a few minutes before they'd find a place easy enough, and not too unusual, to be landing in.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff