Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:03 am
She managed to get a couple of kisses from him, before reaching up and cupping his face in her hands, so relived that it had gone so well, and so warmed by the way Luke had responded to it. "Me too." she breathed hugging him again, and only when they were called to to get seated that she took his hand and with him walked to join the other.

"Alright tell us all about it! details! How did it happens so last minute that you didn't even have a ring?" Alex said as she took a seat, folding linking her fingers as she placed her hands on the table.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:22 am
Luke moved with Rosie as she joined her family, seating himself and looking to Alex as she requested further information. "Uh…" He thought back on the events and how they had precipitated. "Well, your twentieth birthday in Grande Ile is when you become legally recognized as an adult, so it's usually a pretty major celebration, called a coming of age ceremony. For members of noble houses, that means assuming the title of Lord or Lady, so it gets turned into this whole dumb political agenda. My father thought that would make it the perfect opportunity to announce the fact that he'd made an arrangement with another noble family for me to marry their daughter."

He paused momentarily, recalling the thoughts and emotions that had accompanied the sudden proclamation. "Of course I was angry; I couldn't believe that he would make such an important decision without consulting me even once - apparently he was planning to warn me about it earlier in the day, but the opportunity didn't come up." His own fault, but still. It wasn't as if that was the only opportunity his father had had all day. "I left to try and think about things and come to some kind of conclusion… I don't know if you ever met Nicolette or if Rosie ever talked about her, but apparently she was sent here to Kodo, without her knowing, so that she could meet me and we could become friends so the engagement wouldn't be to a total stranger.

"Nicolette is a good friend, but I really couldn't go through with marrying her, because how could I marry her after spending a year, more than a year, always thinking about Rosie's happiness? I would be marrying her essentially on a promise of never loving her while at the same time breaking a promise I made to myself to always support Rosie and try to lead her to happiness. The more I thought about it, the less it was 'I don't want to marry Nicolette' and the more it was 'I want to marry Rosie.' So… I asked her if she felt the same."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:42 am
The looks on their faces plainly showed that whatever they were ready to hear, they were not quite ready to hear that kind of story. It was as if they had stepped out of modern times and straight into an old English noble story.
Lords and Ladies, arranged marriages big noble parties.
"Hoooooly-" Evan whistled after a moment,

Alex on the other hand seemed wrapped in the story, very much invested in the whole idea of how that night had folded out and even more how Luke had come to the conclusion that he wanted to marry Rosie.
The blond was sitting in a silent delight, reliving that night again, and just smiled brighter when she saw Alex beaming at her.
"Was it so perfect?" the older brunette asked

Rosie nodded "I was so speechless that I forgot how to use words at first, so I started crying- I didn't mean to, I think I scared him." She looked over at Luke with an apologetic smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:49 am
He laughed at the recollection, "You were either crying because you were happy or because I was doing something horribly and personally offensive, and I didn't think it was a good idea to jump to conclusions either way."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:55 am
"I was happy" Rosie confirmed abruptly, though mostly out of excitement then the need to inform everyone of something they already knew "I was so, so happy."

"Alright alright, so as far as excuses go, that's a pretty good excuse to not give her a ring." Bruce admitted, shaking a fork at Luke though "but now you owe her like, a big freakin' diamond"

"Bruce no." Rosie giggled. "

"I'm with Bruce" Evan piped in, finishing serving some of his casserole onto Alex's place and handing it to Rodney. who arcade his eyebrow at his twin "Honest, do you guys really see Rosie with a huge ring?

"I'm just saying!" Bruce shrugged  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:06 pm
Luke listened with a mild confusion as the matter of a ring was repeated; it certainly sounded like something he should have already been aware of. "So, dumb question, I'm sure," he said carefully, "but what exactly is the deal about this ring…?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:14 pm
As Luke asked his questions the Ewells looked up at him, pausing for a moment at the question before Evan spoke "Oh... Oh that must not be a Grand Ile thing or something." He concluded, the surprise on his face ebbing away.

Rodeny took over from there "A ring is usually presented to a women at the event of proposal for marriage, as a kind of a promise of marriage. - A betrothal gift of sorts." explaining it in a very text book manner, that was not uncommon for the smaller of the twins.

"I didn't even remember." Rosie admitted, and shaking her head lightly.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:27 pm
"I'm not sure," he said, responding to Evan's assumption. "It might just be a 'we don't plan for you to ever propose to anyone in your life so there's no point in telling you' thing." He shrugged; he was missing an awful lot of basic information thanks to the combination of his memory loss and the upbringing that followed. Regardless, he listened to the explanation, more or less understanding the idea of it, and he shook his head at what sounded like a dismissal of the significance of it from Rosie, "If that's the way it's supposed to go, then that's what I'll do. You shouldn't have to be missing that experience just because I was ignorant about it."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:54 pm
He voiced his certainly about getting a ring, and while she was very sincere in the fact that she didn't need a ring, that the fact that he loved her that much to want to be with her for the rest of their lives was more then she could ever dream of, it was touching to her that he would be so concerned over something like that for the sake of an experience that she saw no way of being topped.

She smiled at him after a moment nodding lightly "Alright, if nothing else then to be able show everyone that I'm going to be marrying you."

"Just... they really were teasing about the whole big diamond thing, don't think that's a requirement." Alex pointed out  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:09 pm
He nodded his understanding, "That seems like it would be kind of inconvenient anyway, since she's always out training and doing things." It hardly seemed prudent to give her a gift that would in any way inhibit that.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:17 pm
He seemed to understand easy enough.

"So you say your dad's the one who set up that other engagement huh? Did you tell him about this then?" He asked, making a gesture to Luke and rosie.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:19 pm
"Yeah," Luke responded with a nod, though his expression mellowed at the thought of the vast differences between the reactions of the two families. "That's why we got kicked out. Or let go, I guess."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 pm
Bruce frowned at that watching the red head for a few moments as he chewed his food then continued to talk "So you weren't kidding about that."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:29 pm
He shook his head lightly. "I wasn't really under any delusions that he would take it well, though. I half expected to be disowned on the spot. I'm not sure if that didn't happen because he really understood what I was saying or because he didn't want to leave the family without an heir."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:11 pm
"Disown you!?' Evan burst out in surprise "Wait, that was a legitimate concern you had about telling you're dad that you want to marry someone?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff