Submit

Dikran The Communist

Generous Tycoon

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dikran Makre

The Shy-One

Dikran tightly clutched The Odyssey, which he had gotten previously from library as he walked in, and looked around for the front desk, and shortly after, he found it. He slowly approached the desk, and placed the book on the desk, "D-does anyone know where Mr. Everett is?, he asked aloud to anyone was listening, quickly brushing off the book as he picked it back up. Flipping through the pages quickly once more, he had read twice now and had fallen in love with the pages, the fighting, the drama, it was always something he had been obsessed with, he had even bought a replica of Odysseus' sword because of how much he was inspired by it.

He briskly passed several people, running his hand across several books, and stopped at 'The Illiad, and quickly examined it, another one of his favorites, he read it so much, that at one point he could recite almost every word of the first two hundred pages, but he quickly passed it and slid The Odyssey into a slot with no book, "I'll be back eventually my beautiful epic.", he brushed the book as he walked over to another set of books and began looking through them, and let out a sigh soon after, he didn't see anything that appealed to him.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:02 am
Anything is possible...

Mr. Landers
Ace chuckled at his students reaction. "Hey, any book if nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a good thing to always have one on you when you get bored or have the time." He placed his hand on the students shoulders. "If you boys ever need a new story, I have a few in my class room. You're welcome any time." He smiled happily.

He turned as a boy asked about the librarian. "I haven't seen that bookworm anywhere..." He agreed in puzzlement. He walked over to the boy. "Looking for something? I hear Macbeth is a wonderful story, have you read it?"

Just have to put your mind to it!

EvilCraftedKing
JoeKoudo

Yoshimi Sohma

Saki-stranger

Profitable Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Dikran The Communist

Generous Tycoon

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 am
Saki-stranger

Dikran Makre

The Shy-One

Dikran nodded his head, I have read many books by William Shakespeare sir., he looked to Mr. Landers in military present style, not giving him a direct answer, "Might I ask your name sir?", he asked as he placed down a book, making it obvious he recognized the man as an elder, "I am just looking for something about Plato, or Socrates, anything older than Shakespeare., he picked up a book, 'The Republic by Plato', "This is a good one., he didn't know if Mr. Landers knew if Dikran was a new student or not, he just went along with his conversation. "If you don't know yet sir, I am Dikran Makre, you can call me Mack if you wish, and I am a new student.", He gives a formal bow, and stands up, staring the teacher in the eyes with his own dark blue eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:31 am

Logan Goldner

Throughout the bustle of the apparently busy library, a young boy sat reading quietly to himself.
He was alone, ignored. He liked it like that.
It meant he could also leave on a moment's notice, if need be.
He enjoyed his time there, nonetheless.
He wondered something constantly, however. 'Is there such a thing as a "Happily ever after?" or a "Happy Ending?"' Does such a thing exist?
This is why books amazed him. His mind often told him the realistic answer, but these books, works of literary art, told him otherwise.

"It could be possible..." He had thought aloud, without meaning to.

Griffin775

Prophet

10,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Regular 100

tiny ladybird

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:58 am
JoeKoudo
Saki-stranger
EvilCraftedKing
Yoshimi Sohma

LANGSTON EVERETT
                                                                                the school librarian

Langston had ducked into the empty teacher's lounge for some coffee. It was something he needed at the time--he'd stayed up late the previous night reading--what else?--and risen early to get a head-start on getting the library organized for the incoming students. As he approached the library door he heard the telltale bustle of multiple people inside. He sighed, pushing open the door and entering. Apparently he was going to have to get a more eye-catching sign to announce his absence from the place.

Still, it was nice that there were students using the library this early. Most semesters, it seemed like no one particularly took notice until midterms and paper deadlines were looming over the horizon.

He spotted a familiar face among the crowd: Mr Landers, the school's English teacher, and approached him.
                                          "Mr Landers, it's nice to see you here as always,"he said. Being the member of the faculty that probably used the library the most, he was quite fond of the other man. "I must admit though, I wasn't expecting to find you here so early. No class this period?"

He turned to the students surrounding the teacher with his usual warm smile. "Hello there," he said. "I'm Mr Everett, the librarian here. I apologize for my not being here earlier, but as you can see, I was out getting myself a cup of coffee. Do any of you need help finding anything?"

"did you find everything you need?"
                                                      where::the library
                                                      with::a lot more people, all of a sudden
                                                      ooc::ack! i went to bed and this thread got busy. sorry for missing y'all earlier!

text
"speaking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:11 am
tiny ladybird

Dikran Makre

The Shy-One

Dikran quickly gave a shortened bow, M-my name is Dikran sir, I was returning the odyssey three days early. I was just looking for another book.", he raised his library pass, "I am also new here, so it is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Everett.", he extended his hand to shake the teachers, "I hope these next few years with be enjoyable ones with the employ of this building.", he smiled, his hand slightly trembling, almost unnoticeable. "I would enjoy finding the Iliad, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere, would you happen to know of its location?", he inquired, as he placed a book back into its shelf, carefully, as not to ruffle the pages, he turned his gaze back to Mr. Everett.  

Dikran The Communist

Generous Tycoon

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200

EvilCraftedKing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:15 am
JoeKoudo
Saki-stranger
tiny ladybird
Yoshimi Sohma

User Image
Kyoya Fuji

The Fighter

Kyoya nodded to his teacher and smiled as the Librarian came around
I am good sir I was just looking for a new romance novel to read while sitting in class.
He said showing the older man the book he had choosen blushing a bit more
I enjoy them and they make me happy. They make me hope for love some day
He laughs and blushes bright not wanting to look the others in the eyeseyes
May i check this out sir.
He whispered just enough to hear still very embarrassed at the fact he was checking out what would be considered a girls book.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:32 am
JoeKoudo
EvilCraftedKing

LANGSTON EVERETT
                                                                                the school librarian

Langston smiled, taking Dikran's offered hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Dikran," he said, shaking the boy's hand firmly before releasing it. An obvious book-lover, from the looks of it, as he watched the boy replace a book on the shelf as gently as he himself would have with a warm look of approval. More people needed to treat books as well as Dikran did, he'd always thought. "I assume you left the Odyssey on the front desk? The Iliad is just in the back. Do you enjoy reading the epics? I find them quite lovely, myself."

He turned as another one of the boys nearby spoke up, glancing at the book he held in his hands. Romance, eh? Not a usual choice among most boys, especially those his age. For that reason, Princeton's selection was, in Langston's opinion, regrettably small in comparison to some of the other genres available, but he'd taken care to ensure that each book in there was worth reading. "Of course you may check it out; this is a library after all," he said with a small laugh. "No need to be embarrassed about it, I assure you, I've read every romance novel we have in this room, though I have to admit that's not as many as I'd like. Every book has its own charms," he added, continuing with a gesture at the book the boy was holding, "in fact, that's' one of my personal favorites, so I hope you enjoy it. Now if you'd just follow me to the front desk so we can get you sorted..."

He turned back to Dikran as he began to head towards the front desk. "As I said, the Iliad should be in the back, along with some other epic poems you may want to look at, if you're interested in those. We have ones from all different civilizations and authors, not just Homer. If you'd like, I can take you back there myself if you don't mind waiting just a bit."

with::Dikran and another student (and others?).
                                                      ooc::

text
"speaking

tiny ladybird

Sparkly Bibliophile

Dikran The Communist

Generous Tycoon

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:31 am
tiny ladybird

Dikran Makre

The Shy-One

A shy grin grew across Dikrans face, "Re-reading might I add sir, and I wouldn't mind waiting at all.", he smiled, as he took a seat at one of the desks taking note on Koyoya taking out a romance novel 'Wonderful taste.', he grinned as he quietly thought to himself, "The Odyssey is on the shelf actually, I put it back when I hadn't found you sir.", he called out to Mr. Everett as he walked away, 'Bah I'm sure he heard me, anyways...', he looked around the large library, his eyes running down each shelf, "So many books...", he quietly whispered to himself, as he sat in awe at all of the books.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:27 pm
User Image
N a g i s a ~ O k o z a k i

User Image

Nagisa watched as everything happened around him. It was getting pretty busy in the library... He looked at the time and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. "Oh my gosh! I have to get going!" He said. He quickly checked out the book and smiled at the man who gave it to him. "Thank you very much for the book. It's nice to meet you!" He said then left the library.

User Image

Out Of Curiosity:{Exits.}

EvilCraftedKing

Saki-stranger

shiyome

Anxious Fatcat

Dikran The Communist

Generous Tycoon

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:48 pm
Dikran Makre

The Shy-One

After a few moments of waiting, Dikran decided to browse the books on the shelves, dragging his hand across the books, and finally picked out, 'A Summer Without Dawn', he grinned and walked to the counter, and checked it out, "This will be perfect...", he went to the doors, and decided to head over to the garden for peace and quiet, 'Might as well get some reading done today.', he thought to himself as he examined the book, exiting the library.

Omega Omicron Chi: Leaving library, going to garden.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:47 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxx The well rounded artist xx

Fingers danced gracefully against plastic parallelograms, composing a body of text on a screen that shined unnatural light along the caramel landscape that constructed his unique features. Shadows on his face emphasize by his posture, made his demeanor come across as lazy. Translucent discs masked my narrowed fleshy curtains, reflected the contents of his message in minimized distorted sentences. His head bounced gently into the pocket of the music that was being streamed directly into his ears. The simple melodies drowned out the cacophonies of the world around him.“Ughh...” He leaned back into the security of the chair, shifting its structure on the contraptions hind legs. With his arms outstretched above his head, he felt a tingle glide down the length of his lean physique. He shifted his weight forward, placing his feet back on the floor, before striking one final key on the keyboard with a definite decisiveness. “Finished!” He exhaled his exasperation, though he seemed pleased with the finished product at hand.

He'd constructed the perfect break up email. Relationships were fleeting matters. Temporary distractions used to pass the time. His latest fling was a man he'd met in his travels. A clingy little b*****d who'd he'd planned to break it off with before his returned to school, but things had become complicated. Rich boys always felt the need to be in control over every aspect of their own lives and the people around them. They'd gone on several dates, and he treated Takalyun as if he were a possession. Most of these so called dates took place in the company of his friends (people of the same social status). He'd even tried to persuade him to attended the academy that he was attending. A ploy to keep him under his scrutiny, all the while making Takalyun dependent, which was not going to happen. Though this was not the most optimal of ways to end a relationship. Due to his current circumstance, after changing his number, and blocking him on all forms of social media, it was his only option (email him from a temporary account and use one of the school computers, so as not reveal his own IP address).

The sound of his chair scraping against the linoleum floor, was indication to the completion of his task. He stood erect, a couple of inches under six foot. Chocolate tresses, with waves that mimicked the movement of the seven seas, fell in layers, the longer resting just below his shoulder blades. His attired worked to mask the feminine curves that constructed the terrain that was his sleek form. He reach down to retrieve his back-pack, slipping his arms within the space between the loosened straps, and pulled it into a position were it fell against the sway of his lower back. “My last year...has the potential to be the best so far.” His strides carried him away from the identical cubicles that housed the schools desktops and into the heart of the library, where most of the bodies were congregating. He made his way to the doors without drawing any attention to himself and slipped out into the hallway.

Location& Company: Library --- > hallway with no one. ♔Thoughts: What can I get into. ooc: outfit - A white tank, a red blazer, light blue distressed jeans, and red high tops

taste_of_poetry

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

Saki-stranger

Profitable Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Anything is possible...

Mr. Landers
"You and coffee, Langston." He rolled his eyes. Ace chuckled as he watched his student scurry off to the garden. He noticed the boy checking out a romance novel. He looked over his shoulder reading the books title. "Oh! I've read that one! Probably one of the best novels I've read." He petted his shoulder. "Just watch it become your favorite. I know it's one of mine." He said with a nod, picking up a few copies of the same novel. "Have you been to the dorms yet? I hear their letting the students decorate as they wish this year."

Just have to put your mind to it!

EvilCraftedKing
JoeKoudo

Yoshimi Sohma
tiny ladybird

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:48 pm
EvilCraftedKing
Saki-stranger

LANGSTON EVERETT
                                                                                the school librarian

"Oh, I assure you Ace," Langston said with a teasing laugh, "that coffee was entirely needed. I'm afraid I stayed up much too late finishing that series you recommended. So in a way, it's your fault I had to leave the library in the first place."

As he led the other boy towards the front desk to check out his book, Langston raised a hand in acknowledgment towards Dikran to let him know he'd heard the boy. He'd just have to go into the system and note that the book had already been checked back in, that was all. He picked up the library scanner and turned to the boy, scanning the barcode on the back of the book so that it could be checked out. "Now then, I just need your name so I can have a record of who's checked out what," he told the boy, smiling, then added, "by the way, if you have any books you'd like to see added to our collection, please do let me know--it's nice having an idea of what students would enjoy when I go out looking for new additions."

with::Mr Landers and a student
                                                      ooc::

text
"speaking

tiny ladybird

Sparkly Bibliophile

Campus

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items